• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Okay, Chizuru's light shell is the bomb! I just took down the S-4 boss with Chizuru and some other units (under-leveled 5*) using primarily this skill. It does just as much damage to a high level boss as barrage does, and costs less than half the MP. I thought it was a fluke, but tried it on the Snow Dragon at Wolfsfang as well with the same results.

Important when dealing with a longer battle. Might have to see if it works so well against the Demon Chimera later this week after I build the team up a little bit.

Dammit I want Chizu so bad I know I don't need her but damn is she powerful. I have 15k Lapis I think I am gonna blow 5k and buy the 11 summon and if I don't get her from that I am done until Lightning or something else equally good.

CCIE

Banned
How on Earth do you have 15K Lapis? I have almost 7K, but growth has slowed to a crawl outside the colosseum and the paltry daily 50

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay, Chizuru's light shell is the bomb! I just took down the S-4 boss with Chizuru and some other units (under-leveled 5*) using primarily this skill. It does just as much damage to a high level boss as barrage does, and costs less than half the MP. I thought it was a fluke, but tried it on the Snow Dragon at Wolfsfang as well with the same results.

Important when dealing with a longer battle. Might have to see if it works so well against the Demon Chimera later this week after I build the team up a little bit.

Erm pretty sure thats not true..even with the -25% ignore Barrage hits way harder. If you have mayor dmg dealer you wanna end the quick as fast a possible - Cheer + Barrage is likely the better option that trying to prolong the fight.

I beat with Chimera w. Barrage but without Cheer (my Fina was still 4*). ...then again it depends on what the rest of your team looks like. I only needed Chizuru, spamming Barrage, while Fina was healing and all other units were defending.

Lyrian

He had better be/!

Pre-Kefka --> I could really use a black mage.

Post-Kefka --> Is this the coliseum? If so, can I Heartless Angel everything? If a trial? Hyperdrive. If a normal encounter? Thungaga/Bioga/Blizzaga (take your pick) to one shot Every. Single. Encounter. In. The. Game.

The rest of my party just sits there and plays Parcheesi or something during most fights. He's that overpowered for current content.

How exactly does the Trust Skill work? As in when do I get it? You can't possibly need to get trust to 100 percent with a character with how slow trust goes up...
That is exactly what you need to do. Now combining multiple copies of the same unit (using enhance) sums their trust and gives a 5% bonus. It's fine to do that for FP units (a few of them have fairly neat skills actually) but for ticket only units you've just got months to grind for the TM abilities.

How on Earth do you have 15K Lapis? I have almost 7K, but growth has slowed to a crawl outside the colosseum and the paltry daily 50

Well I have only spent I think 400 on Unit Increase for Jumbo Cactuars and then I also bought a little but overall it's just from not using it and doing the dailies everyday for the extra 50. That all adds up pretty fast honestly.

Lyrian

There's a whole bunch to be had claiming the low-medium difficulty trophies for the Hero Ring (and then beyond that).

I'm sitting on just under 8k atm and I've been very liberal with box space and friend list increases. I've even bought a full pack of magic keys. I can see 15k happening if a person has been very conservative with lapis purchases to date.

CCIE

Banned
When the boss has all these protections up, barrage is okay with it's damage. This other skill literally cuts through those protections. That and fingersnap to dispel protections is pretty sweet.

I love Barrage. It's just 16 MP per use, so anything longer than five rounds and have to start looking at other solutions. When this skill takes off 10K in damage compared to Barrage's 11-12K against the same boss - not too shabby. For a quick fight barrage is still the best. But these S-bosses are making me think a little.

leehom

She learns Cura at 4* so you just have to level here...and Madeva can be an issue if you dont have a unit that can heal blind...thats how i died the first time lol.

I've been focusing on clearing the quests, continents, and trophies for hero ring before I start the upgrade mat vortex. =/ I have all the mats for everyone's upgrade except that one crystal.

CCIE

Banned
Madeva is a downright pain in the ass if you don't have someone powerful in your party. I first took that monster out as a high four-star, and it was touch and go. Was surprised how much harder than most of the game content that monster was up to that point. Need nukes to take it out quick

CCIE

Banned
Question for anyone who might know. Do breaks stack? If Celes uses Magic Break, and someone else uses Mental Break do those effects stack with one another? Or is that a waste?

Lyrian

Question for anyone who might know. Do breaks stack? If Celes uses Magic Break, and someone else uses Mental Break do those effects stack with one another? Or is that a waste?

Magic Break debuffs MAG (lowering enemy magic attack damage), while Mental Break debuffs SPR (lowering enemy magic resistance; you nuke them for more damage). Different debuffs, so they stack.

CCIE

Banned
Nice that you got Vaan - I've been wanting him after using a maxed-out version with Full Break. However, Rain learns it at 6* from what I understand. Still would be nice to have in the Colosseum or Farplane.

CCIE

Banned
My big issue is that I don't have any heavy physical damage dealers except for Chizuru. Working on leveling Garland up, because Chizuru isn't quite enough against some of the harder content like Demon Chimera. Need some more oomph when the mages are constrained

Rootbeer

Banned
Phew... finally got my core five team members to 5* each... now that I'm over that hurdle, I feel I can take a short break from material grinding and do some explorations for magacite and stuff for a while.

Well I decided to just do another 11 pull and BAM! Got her! I will now not pull again until Lightning comes lol. However now I don't know who to use in my party. Fina is my healer for sure since I still don't have Roselia. So I have between Exdeath...CoD...Cecil...Bartz...Kefka...Kuja...Terra...Vaan...Leo..Celes and Chizu as my top tier people. What would be the best overall setup?

Valus

Well I decided to just do another 11 pull and BAM! Got her! I will now not pull again until Lightning comes lol. However now I don't know who to use in my party. Fina is my healer for sure since I still don't have Roselia. So I have between Exdeath...CoD...Cecil...Bartz...Kefka...Kuja...Terra...Vaan...Leo..Celes and Chizu as my top tier people. What would be the best overall setup?

Depends on what you need. Most story content doesn't need tanks or healers so you could steam roll with Bartz, Chizu, CoD, Exdeath, Kefka.

For super hard content Cecil, Vaan, Fina, (phys/mag dps depending on boss)

For auto attack grinding Chizu, Bartz, CoD, Vaan, Leo

Yeah, but crafted Steal success rate is absolutely god awful in comparison to characters who learn the skill natively.

I partially want to roll Locke just to be able to check off the gold thieving trophy before the year 2084.
Only character with added steal % is Zidane. Other than him, the success rate is exactly the same. I'd be happy to be proven wrong with data
over anecdotal evidence

Feep

Banned
Took out Europa, finally.

Had to dual Terra + Fina heal, since I didn't have Barthundara. Man, Curaja would be nice...

Valus

Finally beat Demon Chimera! Decided to reward myself with two pulls and got...Luna and 5* Duane. Not sure how I feel about this.

Valus

what was your team?

For Demon Chimera?

Bartz, Firion, Celes, Edgar, Krile.

Firion had barfira and Edgar had barthundara (colleseum rewards). Bartz applied deprotect (Ifrit) followed by Barrage. Firion/Edgar would dps in between applying bar spells. Celes applied magic break and I casted focus as a pseudo shellga when I felt an ice AoE was coming. Runic blade stays losing, didn't work for shit in the fight. Krile was on heal duty the whole fight, basically, dualcast cura was enough even after half the team got poisoned.

I felt lucky, he rarely piled on top of anyone. The few times he did, I had Edgar use a hi potion on that person for 1k heal on top of cura due to his pharmacology trait. Toward the end of the fight he stopped using AoEs all together. I only saw each of the elemental AoEs once.

Friend code is 364,993,608. I've got a 4 star Shantotto (sp?) as my shared unit that's not super high level at the moment, but eventually I will grind her up there.

Folstern

Got my main crew of Cecil, Firion, CoD, Kefka and Fina to 80 but boy is farming Ice Megacrysts a chore. 10 runs and I've netted one. And it takes forever to run through either of the explorations.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I just started playing.

dj6UqcS.png

I have no idea what I'm doing?

Any of these units good? What makes a good unit? Is party comp important? What's an effective way to level?Who should I level? Should I bother until after I beat what stiry there is? What's the best use for Espers? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Apparently I have this recipe? Damn.

LISTENN

Got my main crew of Cecil, Firion, CoD, Kefka and Fina to 80 but boy is farming Ice Megacrysts a chore. 10 runs and I've netted one. And it takes forever to run through either of the explorations.

See I was expecting this too but I've been able to get three rings started in two days and the red and blue magicite you get is awesome for Shiva and Ifrit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I just started playing.

Any of these units good? What makes a good unit? Is party comp important? What's an effective way to level?Who should I level? Should I bother until after I beat what stiry there is? What's the best use for Espers? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Cecil and Golbez are really good units. Focus on leveling them to max level if you can.

I'm still dabbling at the surface as well, though.

I just started playing.

"https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page"

Read it. ALL OF IT.

Without question the best source of beginners knowledge, we can answer the rest!

Umibozu

$0 for me, no rerolls.

5star maxed cod
5star lvl75 Golbez
5star lvl39 Kefka
5star maxed lasswell/fina
5star lol72 rain

More units but that's my main team, with only playing for 2 weeks

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Got my Kelfka and Fina to 5* and used my leftover Catcus to raise them each to 65. Going to grind out some mats to awakening Rain and Lasswell to 5*. Then I basically have a solid team. Edgar is getting close to hitting 60, Bartz got maxed to 80 during the event.

After that, I'll be working on Celes and Shanotto as backups. Notto is almost maxed at 60, and Celes is about to hit 4*.

Sadly, I still need a tank pretty badly and really wished I pulled Cecil. I'm not even sure who I can really use in place of him. Maybe Rain? Another strong DPS like Bartz would have been fantastic too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom