• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Oh I was just making a general statement about the specific pulls Rixa. Idk I have Kefka but I'm not going to bother grinding his TM.

I'm just praying I'll get Refia when she's released, bc shes status immune so thats just all turns dedicated to helping others
Yup, Refia would be great to get. I rather pull for Refia than Lightning.
ExDeath is a great consolation prize when trying to pull for Kefka. I think he's the superior mage, except for not being able to wear robes
Thats why I decided to do this TM farming which takes shitloads of time. 4x30% MAG to Exdeath (hopefully they dont nerf it to wear only one generic +% ability) and Cecils Excalibur goes to someone (Firion).

linkent

Does LB meter fill up faster with normal attack and less with skill?
Seems like using Raging Fist take forever to fill LB meter while usually 3 rounds of Auto fully fill those.
Or We have to kill enemy for it to fill?

Still cant beat White Dragon as my mana usually depleted at the last 20%.(Cecil,Lass,Rain,Fina,ExD)
Think I should farm steamroot for key to open Barblizzara recipe.

Stider

Well my 13th pull was that Exdeath which I posted earlier, so everything was not lost :p.

Oh but I was trying to get Kefka for the TM (Ribbon). Not interested in Chizu at all. Tho not sure if Iam ever going to farm TM actively after this TM session Iam now doing :D.

Yes, TM farming is painful lol. Currently doing 2 Cecil's, Terra, Luna and Zidane. All around 15-20% atm. I want trust mogs damn it!

Does LB meter fill up faster with normal attack and less with skill?
Seems like using Raging Fist take forever to fill LB meter while usually 3 rounds of Auto fully fill those.
Or We have to kill enemy for it to fill?
Each character has an invisible stat that is sometimes called drop checks which determines the max number of crystals that drop per normal hit. One place you can find the values listed is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/global

Of course I have no idea how many crystals can drop when using abilities but my observations and gut feelings are it is less. Generally though I think using abilities results in more damage than attack and LB.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free ticket pull:

Holy shit! My heart is jumping in joy guys.

Oh shit - congrats man - awesome pull.

Im saving my free tickets for an eventual Cecil rate up in the future - still have a bunch of units to level up/evolve so i pulling now would just mean even more work...so ill wait for now.

RedZaraki

Banned
Okay so Sacred Crystal drop rates are just stupid.

Grinding Vortex of Awakening INT (which is supposedly THE place for these).

I need a lot. Like....40.

But I have gotten 0 in the last 3 runs. My global average drop rate per run is probably around 0.6

I've heard of some people getting 5 per run.

Does overkill increase drop rate? Do you have to overkill them like.....a lot? Or just overkill them at all?

I've been just setting auto battle to clear and everything does get over killed but hardly ever drops Sacred Crystals.

Valonquar

Figured I'd use up the free ticket & 1000 lapis from dailies for a last shot at increase Chizuru droprate:

3* Roselia (my 2nd... I guess having 2 uber healers aint too shabby?)
3* Rydia
and my final hope... oh shit gold crystal... OHSHIT RAINBOWPULL
HMSZjF3.jpg

/spent

Figured I'd use up the free ticket & 1000 lapis from dailies for a last shot at increase Chizuru droprate:

3* Rydia
HMSZjF3.jpg

/spent

Damn!

Congrats man

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Grats Valonquar - on this page along its feels like we had more 5* Chiz drops than the whole week before lol. You guys make me wanna pull..but i know it will just be another disappointment.

Yeah I told myself I would only burn tickets if I had more than 10

I am determined to get Locke this weekend

That said I did grab a Cloud of Darkness today from my free ticket so Im pretty grateful for that!

Zalasta

Not sure what's going on with the server but I just had 2 separate instances of pulling the same character back to back but there is only one unit in my list. I did a standard summon and got Baurg, then did a feature summon right after and got Baurg again (I thought you can't get any less than a 3 star from feature), only one Baurg is in my list. A few minutes later I did 2 feature summons and got a 4 star Bedile twice, but only one is in my list. Bad luck aside, aren't these bugs?

Also, I did notice that the lapis didn't get deducted immediately until I restarted the app.

Pretty new to this game. Just winged it at first and didn't really know what I was doing, but went back and read up on some things and think I have a decent team assembled.

Rain
Lasswell
Kefka
Golbez
Fina

That seem like a pretty well rounded team with a future? From what I read I believe I should be okay, but I'm new to FF and new to JRPG's too, so I'm not familiar with a lot of the mechanics and way things go together.

Pretty new to this game. Just winged it at first and didn't really know what I was doing, but went back and read up on some things and think I have a decent team assembled.

Rain
Lasswell
Kefka
Golbez
Fina

That seem like a pretty well rounded team with a future? From what I read I believe I should be okay, but I'm new to FF and new to JRPG's too, so I'm not familiar with a lot of the mechanics and way things go together.

Rain will be pretty useful at 6 star because of Full break right?

Lasswell is OK. You just need to put some abilities on him to boost his utility

Golbez, Kefka and Fina are awesome

Xion86

I'm too scared to spend any of my 6k lapis on tickets and get nothing :( haha. No re rolls here, and still with Rain, Kain, Golbez, Fina and Lasswell (all maxed out). I really want to replace Kain though.

Only having trouble with Demon Chimera still...but I just got onto Europa, this will be interesting.

Well done Valanquar! Lucky :).

Kouriozan

A lot of new Chizuru owners, gratz everyone who got her.

Here's how my current team looks like, I will reach 200+ attack with CoD soon.

15iEL4nl.jpg

Made the mistake of selling a mace colosseum reward :(
Currently leveling Roselia, Golbez and Kefka to join my Exdeath for a mage team.
I'm totally ready for the 3rd island.

I'm too scared to spend any of my 6k lapis on tickets and get nothing :( haha. No re rolls here, and still with Rain, Kain, Golbez, Fina and Lasswell (all maxed out). I really want to replace Kain though.

Only having trouble with Demon Chimera still.

Well done Valanquar! Lucky :).

I mean

The tickets are meant to be spent.. they dont do anything else but definitely save them for your favorite characters

Unless there isnt anyone you want to collect than just go for the top tier Chizuru pull

I dunno I feel like I have enough units to let me claw through the game so now I am focused on collecting my favs

Xion86

Screw it, I just spent 6k lapis for a rare ticket bundle....675 lapis left, I'll have to start collecting up again :(. Here it goes guys....

Valonquar

Now I have to face up to the long earth shrine TM grind to get dual wield from Zidane, barrage from Luna, mag30% from Shantoto, and maybe comet from Galuf or Sunbeam from Carrie... all with no duplicates....weeeeeee

I'd love another replacement for main character but I think I'll store the rest of lapis & tickets I get for Orlando or Lightning when they drop. Sounds like they are the bee's knees.

Xion86

All 11 tickets spent...

Rainbow Gilbert
3* Sabin
4* Clyne
3* Kain
3* Krile
3* Kefka (yey! I don't have him so maybe he can replace Golbez)
3* Kefka
3* Anzelm
3* Luna
4* Kain
3* Kefka

Well...at least I got Kefka...

FU Kain!!! Trying to replace you, go away. Well there we go guys.

3* Rydia
HMSZjF3.jpg

/spent

Recently got my Chizuru up to max level and is sitting at 265 attack. She is such a beast and really carries my team.

rugioh

Banned
All 11 tickets spent...

Rainbow Gilbert
3* Sabin
4* Clyne
3* Kain
3* Krile
3* Kefka (yey! I don't have him so maybe he can replace Golbez)
3* Kefka
3* Anzelm
3* Luna
4* Kain
3* Kefka

Well...at least I got Kefka...

FU Kain!!! Trying to replace you, go away. Well there we go guys.

Almost didn't wait until tomorrow to try and get Locke, now I think I will. Keep on truckin man there will be chances to get Chiz down the road I'm sure

Yeah I already have Golbez from spare tickets I had last week, then used the event to max him out. Really wanted Chizuru though! Would have definitely helped with Demon Chimera.

See if Gilbert can do the trick there

Apparently his Buffs/Debuff abilities are decent

Then he can pull weekly by doing the dailies?
If you did your daily quests and gained your login bonus lapiz for the week, it would technically still be a net surplus if u did a daily pull once a week.

This makes me suspect that we either won't get daily pulls or we just will stop getting daily lapiz in our login calendars

If you did your daily quests and gained your login bonus lapiz for the week, it would technically still be a net surplus if u did a daily pull once a week.

This makes me suspect that we either won't get daily pulls or we just will stop getting daily lapiz in our login calendars

Gross

I hope that doesnt happen

Xion86

I wonder how worthwhile Rain and Lasswell will be when they eventually get their 6* Awakenings. Been using them since the start of the game and they have gotten me pretty far.

I wonder how worthwhile Rain and Lasswell will be when they eventually get their 6* Awakenings. Been using them since the start of the game and they have gotten me pretty far.

Rain is good and Lasswell is Decent at 6*

They actually did a decent Job given every player a path to complete the game. I could see the entire game doable with the Story characters and whatever summons you end up with

Even if you never spent a dime

I REFUSE to let this game break my god damn wallet like Puzzles and Dragons has done. I will NOT pull anymore for Chiz, nope. NOPE! Voices in my head go away, you will not persuade me!!! $15 later.....no Chiz. /sad face.

So far I've probably spent 50 or 60 on this game. No more. My teams are going to remain as follows until I get lucky with lapis/ticket pulls.

All 5 star, ExDeath, CoD, Garland, Kefka, and Roselia.

Sitting on 3 other kefkas and 4 golbez's. I need to find out how to best use them for TM, need those Ribbons and would love to see Meteor.

Xion86

I REFUSE to let this game break my god damn wallet like Puzzles and Dragons has done. I will NOT pull anymore for Chiz, nope. NOPE! Voices in my head go away, you will not persuade me!!! $15 later.....no Chiz. /sad face.

So far I've probably spent 50 or 60 on this game. No more. My teams are going to remain as follows until I get lucky with lapis/ticket pulls.

All 5 star, ExDeath, CoD, Garland, Kefka, and Roselia.

Sitting on 3 other kefkas and 4 golbez's. I need to find out how to best use them for TM, need those Ribbons and would love to see Meteor.

Do it...do it...you know you want to ;) you enjoy the game...(you're lucky you have that team! Wish I did haha). I knew I wasn't going to go through a TM grind so used 4 of my Kefkas to enhance my main one.

CCIE

Banned
Damn at some of your teams ... I haven't spent a dime yet - wait until Warrior of Light and some of the new units come and my patience will be tested. I'm currently sitting on max Chizuru, and leveling Garland, Terra, Celes, Kefka, and Fina. Team lacks physical oomph so I need to wait on rate-ups for more DPS characters

Also will level Lasswell and Rain after everyone else - so awhile ;)

Kouriozan

Starting at the soft launch and being lucky helps, I also didn't spend anything but was willing to buy the early bird bundle if I could, blame iTunes.
Hope we'll get our first real event soon though (the grindy ones)

Starting at the soft launch and being lucky helps, I also didn't spend anything but was willing to buy the early bird bundle if I could, blame iTunes.
Hope we'll get our first real event soon though (the grindy ones)

You think they will do some high value and cheap cash bundles for an event?

Wouldnt mind spending 5 bucks every once in a awhile for something really good as a bonus

Dragner

Question: is Kefka going to get a 6* evolution?

I would say yes. All FF main villains have gotten 6* evolutions so far (Golbez being exception but you could say he is not the main villain). FF VI has still to get an event,when that happens I suppose Terra and Kefka will get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom