• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck :p over 55 tickets for me today and bugger all, stopping now though.

You're what scares me from doing it! haha On the other hand, since the next batch sucks, probably have plenty of time to re-accumulate lapiz or whatever it is by the time more good characters come out.

I think I'm gonna pull tonight lol no point in doing it tomorrow with shiy characters.

I wish you luck on ExDeath and myself on a beastly physical attacker. I guess Chiz is the best to pull for since Rain will get what makes Vaan special later?

leehom

Ah I just didn't want to lose all the progress I've made with the story, items, characters and colosseum rank. I'd also linked to my main Facebook after I found out about re rolling :( was just too late, I'll stick to what I've got now.

I know the feeling. The best character on my old account is Kefka, second is Krile. That's after about almost 20 pulls. Bunch of dupes and nearly useless heroes.

Xion86

I'm currently using Rain, Kain, Golbez, Fina and Lasswell. Got Kefka today to replace Golbez and got Terra to replace Fina. I want a stronger tank to replace Kain. I'll be happy then :)

Visceir

New Type-Zero collaboration is up in JP.

Rem is the big unit of the batch along with King. Rem's currently tracking at 96 on the Altema ranking right now because she's basically an all-purpose caster. She has Dualcast, has Protectga, Curaga, and the 3 Element -ga for black magic. She also has a Reraise skill that will raise someone when they get killed when cast on them. They also get to act right away when it happens. That's in addition to regular raise. She also has a heal/all status cure skill, in one skill.

King is tracking at 93 right now. Super powerful single-target attacker with crazy attack power. Major issue is no AOE and that he has limited gear options because he's a cloth/gun-user.

Got all 3 new units with 6 summon tickets. Rarely get so lucky with the pulls, heh. Got Rem close to 800 int, just a little bit short, but I lack the int pots to take her there.

Yeah, the reraise skill should definitely prove to be useful in tough fights, it's a shame you can't dual-cast it.

I'll probably be leveling up King as well, just to see how he turns out. I've got Locke's Rising sun and the dragon gun to hand him.

We also got the new achievement rewards. I think I'm gonna wait for them to add new achievements into the game before I aim for the 70 achievements reward though (+30% HP/MP, +50% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR stat ring is super hax op tho )

Depends on how many more trophy types they added.

Worst case scenario (and plausible) is that only 3 more trophy types were added for PvP to clone the 3 present for standard colosseum participation (which are already the worst).

I'm already at 35 trophies, and can realistically see a path to at least 50. 60 is going to be a complete pain in the ass, as some of these trophies are going to require at least a half, if not a full, year of playing to reach. Biggest offenders here are the ludicrous gold trophy totals for all of the colosseum trophies, explorations, evokings, item use, and friend points.

I miss the 5x FP event already. It's going to take forever to rack up 1 million FP at base rates.
There will be more events like that, guaranteed. The gameis only 2 weeks old and im already at 100K FP, we will get to 1M by the time the new reward comes out

I finally decided to just plug away at the story so I can get Fina. Then I can swap out Maria and start working on my real healer. I'm assuming she starts at 3 stars when you finally get her?

Im gonna use the shit out of my FF6 crew when i get them all

But yeah ill utilize the top tier units when necessary

That said Locke isnt super low on the tier list

Matticers

So what's the main thing to do in the game after you're finished with the current story? I have my main people maxed out on stars. I guess I should work on getting the best pieces of gear available which probably means doing more quests/silver chests? I'm up to rank S-2 in the colosseum. Probably need to get the craftable versions of the -ra and -ga spells assuming it's possible to get those.

leehom

So what's the main thing to do in the game after you're finished with the current story? I have my main people maxed out on stars. I guess I should work on getting the best pieces of gear available which probably means doing more quests/silver chests? I'm up to rank S-2 in the colosseum. Probably need to get the craftable versions of the -ra and -ga spells assuming it's possible to get those.

Trophies for hero ring receipe. Hero ring mats. TM and LB.

CCIE

Banned
Hey, has anyone gone back and tried to beat Veritas in the ruins again? After the story "To be continued". Can it be done?

Pejo

Locke is my favorite character from FFVI, so I'll definitely be trying for him, despite having no use for him. I feel like Alim has really no idea what to do with thieves in this game beyond steal/treasure mechanics, which is a shame. I really like (and have a) Zidane, but his toolset is pretty awful outside of the stealing stuff.

Waterdrop

I had a free ticket, I saw a rainbow crystal, I was like what is this.

It was a exdeath lol

looked online, apparently he is hard to get. Lucky me

CCIE

Banned
So is everybody putting in a last pull before the banners change? I need a rate-up on Bartz, ExDeath, CoD, Cecil, or Firion. Or some new units that don't suck

CCIE

Banned
Xion - I had Terra for that fight, or I probably would have been hosed. All she did the entire fight was heal and raise units.

Xion86

Xion - I had Terra for that fight, or I probably would have been hosed. All she did the entire fight was heal and raise units.

Cheers, I just got Terra today too with my crazy pulls trying to get Chizuru. I'll level her up, swap her with Fina and try again. Definitely need the raises!!

Celegus

Forgot I never did the white dragon so I beat him quite easily then decided to see how bad I'd lose to the Chimera. It was pretty pathetic, but in my button mashing to get back to the home screen I accidentally ressed my units. Feels bad.

scosher

Been playing this for past two weeks and enjoying it immensely, but now I'm at the end game (finished all story, quests, and obtained all current espers) and seems like all there is to do is spam vortexes, coliseum, and doing the 6 daily quests?

Should I just be focused on leveling characters then until more content gets released? That would be fine since my characters are pretty behind and I really didn't take advantage of the Cactuar weekend (used most of my NRG on story and exploration quests). Just wondering if there's some other items/rewards that I should be grinding for.

CCIE

Banned
I had both Fina and Terra for the Europa fight. Fina cast Cheer and Barthundara, and Europa consequently annihilated her. Raise Fina, dead Fina. Rinse and repeat. Meanwhile Kefka and Chizuru just continued to attack with my seriously weak Garland unit. They did about 90% or more of the damage. Eventually Europa started targeting Kefka, but he'd already run out of MP anyway by then. I really, really need to get Garland raised up to a decent level. He's my pseudo-tank for now, but only L37

I'm only using Fina in the Colosseum as I grind all my unique units for TM and such. Raising Kefka in the Vortex, but damn does it take awhile when they hit the above L50 range. L66 as of now, and hopefully somewhere around L70 by the morning. Only two quests to finish - bloody eyes and hungers... Will do them once a day for the three story run requirement. Run the Peak and Westersand on occasion for Hero Ring, which is three trophies away...

Zafir

Been playing this for past two weeks and enjoying it immensely, but now I'm at the end game (finished all story, quests, and obtained all current espers) and seems like all there is to do is spam vortexes, coliseum, and doing the 6 daily quests?

Should I just be focused on leveling characters then until more content gets released? That would be fine since my characters are pretty behind and I really didn't take advantage of the Cactuar weekend (used most of my NRG on story and exploration quests). Just wondering if there's some other items/rewards that I should be grinding for.

Well, you want to be aiming for 30 trophies to get the Hero Ring recipe. You'll also probably want to look up gear too, some of the better gear is crafted using recipes gained from town quests. Once you've got recipes then they will probably require you to farm mats, some which can't be found in normal vortexes, such as magicite/megacite found in the cystal event vortex or exploration.

There also getting character trust up but that's a rather long and grindy process, and should probably be the last thing you consider doing. :p

Well, you want to be aiming for 30 trophies to get the Hero Ring recipe. You'll also probably want to look up gear too, some of the better gear is crafted using recipes gained from town quests. Once you've got recipes then they will probably require you to farm mats, some which can't be found in normal vortexes, such as magicite/megacite found in the cystal event vortex or exploration.

There also getting character trust up but that's a rather long and grindy process, and should probably be the last thing you consider doing. :p

Just to clarify, do any recipes use magicite/megacite? I was planning to dump all those into my espers so I can get them to 2 stars and start grinding for rank xp.

Feep

Banned
I'm currently using Rain, Kain, Golbez, Fina and Lasswell. Got Kefka today to replace Golbez and got Terra to replace Fina. I want a stronger tank to replace Kain. I'll be happy then :)
That's funny. I replaced my own Terra with Fina. ;)

Just to clarify, do any recipes use magicite/megacite? I was planning to dump all those into my espers so I can get them to 2 stars and start grinding for rank xp.
Several spells (Barfira, Barthundara) do.

Black Belt Gi requires 1 Red Megacite. A nice set of armor that increases attack. That's the only one I can think of right now. I'm sure there's others that do.

Edit: Just checked my crafting list and it seems like the only thing that requires a Megacite is the Black Belt Gi. Looks like the Barfira, Barthundara, etc. require Crysts and Megacrysts. I don't have all the shop recipes, but I have all the Colosseum recipes so there might be a store bought one that requires magi/megacite.

I had both Fina and Terra for the Europa fight. Fina cast Cheer and Barthundara, and Europa consequently annihilated her. Raise Fina, dead Fina. Rinse and repeat. Meanwhile Kefka and Chizuru just continued to attack with my seriously weak Garland unit. They did about 90% or more of the damage. Eventually Europa started targeting Kefka, but he'd already run out of MP anyway by then. I really, really need to get Garland raised up to a decent level. He's my pseudo-tank for now, but only L37

I'm only using Fina in the Colosseum as I grind all my unique units for TM and such. Raising Kefka in the Vortex, but damn does it take awhile when they hit the above L50 range. L66 as of now, and hopefully somewhere around L70 by the morning. Only two quests to finish - bloody eyes and hungers... Will do them once a day for the three story run requirement. Run the Peak and Westersand on occasion for Hero Ring, which is three trophies away...

Yeah just getting the roselia and Bart's pull tonight is awesome but...it's gonna take fucking forever to get them to five using the vortex and it's almost just worth it waiting for another event.

Zafir

Black Belt Gi requires 1 Red Megacite. A nice set of armor that increases attack. That's the only one I can think of right now. I'm sure there's others that do.

Edit: Just checked my crafting list and it seems like the only thing that requires a Megacite is the Black Belt Gi. Looks like the Barfira, Barthundara, etc. require Crysts and Megacrysts. I don't have all the shop recipes, but I have all the Colosseum recipes so there might be a store bought one that requires magi/megacite.
Might just be Black Belt Gi then.

I was just crafting that one myself which was what made me think of them.

leehom

This happened earlier today.

Before anyone freaks out, all my heroes are 3* minus chiru being 4*. I don't have the sacred and holy crystals to level up yet. Been focusing on everything else in the game on this new account.

Btw, how many hero rings should I make??? Currently on my first one and it takes three days!! Plenty of time to farm enough mats for the next one.

This happened earlier today.

Before anyone freaks out, all my heroes are 3* minus chiru being 4*. I don't have the sacred and holy crystals to level up yet. Been focusing on everything else in the game on this new account.

Btw, how many hero rings should I make??? Currently on my first one and it takes three days!! Plenty of time to farm enough mats for the next one.

Make as many as you can! I'm on three almost four now!

Well, used up all the lapis and one ticket I had but failed to get Chizu :( On the other hand, I did get a three star Vaan and a five star Shantotto but no reason to care about the latter when I already have a five star ExDeath and Kefka, right? The real question is how excited should I be about pulling Vaan? Is he a top tier physical attacker? Or do people only like him for Full Break?

Lol nope, lvl 20 2*

I just learned that :/ Lame! Oh well, swapped 4 star Maria out for 2 star Fina lol Time to use the XP Void to level up all these characters quickly! Not good to have so many awakenings at once haha Thankfully I had cactuars to get ExDeath nearly max level right away so I have one beastly character at least and Kefka still has all the spells.

Shouta

Well, used up all the lapis and one ticket I had but failed to get Chizu :( On the other hand, I did get a three star Vaan and a five star Shantotto but no reason to care about the latter when I already have a five star ExDeath and Kefka, right? The real question is how excited should I be about pulling Vaan? Is he a top tier physical attacker? Or do people only like him for Full Break?

I just learned that :/ Lame! Oh well, swapped 4 star Maria out for 2 star Fina lol Time to use the XP Void to level up all these characters quickly! Not good to have so many awakenings at once haha Thankfully I had cactuars to get ExDeath nearly max level right away so I have one beastly character at least and Kefka still has all the spells.

Vaan's strongest attack is Full Break. He's mostly used for that because of how powerful Full Break is. That's at least until other Full Break characters (or faux-Full Break chars) get released that are better.

That status debuff is a huge ability in the game and very much necessary on harder fights along with the proper buffs.

Vaan's strongest attack is Full Break. He's mostly used for that because of how powerful Full Break is. That's at least until other Full Break characters (or faux-Full Break chars) get released that are better.

That status debuff is a huge ability in the game and very much necessary on harder fights along with the proper buffs.

Sounds like I should be pleased with the pull then, thanks! Took Lass out for him. If Full Break is awesome, probably won't mind having two characters do it when Rain hits 6 star in the future. Also, since Vaan is a main character, I'm sure he'll eventually get 6 star which might put him above 6 star Rain anyway.

bonkeng

Well, at least you got a 5* Shantotto. I think you're the first person on Global to get her at 5* :)

bonkeng

Is there a point to using her though when I have 5* ExDeath and 5* Kefka already?

Farm her TM (+30% Mag) for Exdeath or Kefka.

And she also has all Ga spells, so maybe a mage party? Would be ridiculous if you have Vaan too. Full Break + Focus combo are Mages dream come true.

Hmm, so is Bartz effectively a stronger red Mage or should be be focused down on physical

I'd build him up as a pure physical.

You'll gimp him if you build him half and half. He only has Imperil as his magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom