• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not really.

I did another recruit and got Kefka again... I was hoping to get Chizuru but I guess I won't get her this time around :(
We'll get her or someone better one day friend, one day. Maybe we'll just magically get Lightning 5 star on the first try when she hits ;p
Farm her TM (+30% Mag) for Exdeath or Kefka.

And she also has all Ga spells, so maybe a mage party? Would be ridiculous if you have Vaan too. Full Break + Focus combo are Mages dream come true.

Hmm how essential is it to have a white mage? I can swap Fina out for Shantotto. I haven't fought anything hard in the game yet so I've just auto'd my way through everything thus far lol So not sure if you really need a dedicated white mage for tougher content or if you can just beast your way through. After learning you have to hit 100 percent trust...I think I'll wait for whatever that trust moogle event is....

_woLf

In a team of maxed 5 star chizuru, golbez, fina and vaan, who would be a better fit for the last spot? 5 star duane, rain or laswell?

Anyone doing a YOLO pull for the new rate up? I might use 1 ticket just for shits to get Locke. My team is bartz/kefka/chizuru/fina/lasswell so lasswell can get replaced at any moment

Whoops, my Shantotto is only 4 star. She had the rainbow stuff and I could have sworn it showed 5 star but I guess the color thing was because that's her max rank and she can't get to 5 star... Still haven't pulled a single five star then ;p

In a team of maxed 5 star chizuru, golbez, fina and vaan, who would be a better fit for the last spot? 5 star duane, rain or laswell?

I'd at least get Rain to 5* since he's getting 6* status and you'll have another guy that can do Full Break. Sounds like Laswell's 6* is just ok from what I've read.

bonkeng

How should I build my Cloud of Darkness?

Physical. And spam barrage.

We'll get her or someone better one day friend, one day. Maybe we'll just magically get Lightning 5 star on the first try when she hits ;p

Hmm how essential is it to have a white mage? I can swap Fina out for Shantotto. I haven't fought anything hard in the game yet so I've just auto'd my way through everything thus far lol So not sure if you really need a dedicated white mage for tougher content or if you can just beast your way through. After learning you have to hit 100 percent trust...I think I'll wait for whatever that trust moogle event is....

Storywise, I don't think you need a dedicated healer.

But for colo and trial bosses, you will eventually need a healer.

Lasswell is generally better than Rain for now.

But then you already have Chizu for your Murasame.

Still, imo Lasswell is still better because he also has 2 passive atk buff. Together with Fina's Cheers, he hits way harder than Rain.

I don't know about Duane though since I don't have him. But based on his skills, it looks underwhelming. No role to fit. His design looks cool though.

Storywise, I don't think you need a dedicated healer.

But for colo and trial bosses, you will eventually need a healer.

I figured you'd need one for the challenging content and I'm used to using one in JRPGs anyway. I'll work on Fina first then especially since I don't have to worry about awakening Shantotto at all anyway so not wasting time by delaying working on her levels. Thanks.

My daily reward was a rare ticket. Used it expecting to get a character I didn't care for, and...

kPtcMkx.png

As soon as I level this babe out, I'm going to take it Europa.

fester

Banned
Does the charm bangle need to be equipped on the leader to be effective? I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Results from having it equipped on a non-leader unit were pretty poor. Of course, there's that whole RNG thing....

Lyrian

Anyone doing a YOLO pull for the new rate up? I might use 1 ticket just for shits to get Locke. My team is bartz/kefka/chizuru/fina/lasswell so lasswell can get replaced at any moment

I'm budgeting three tickets for tomorrow.

Everyone pulling Chizuru is really tempting me to roll tonight. Just going to keep plugging my ears and disbelieve for a few more hours, lol.

Shouta

Sounds like I should be pleased with the pull then, thanks! Took Lass out for him. If Full Break is awesome, probably won't mind having two characters do it when Rain hits 6 star in the future. Also, since Vaan is a main character, I'm sure he'll eventually get 6 star which might put him above 6 star Rain anyway.

Full Break is -30% to all stats on the enemy unless it has resistance to it. It lasts for 3 turns too so you don't usually need a second Full Break character.

leehom

For TM's, can I get more than one? My old account have three Kefka's and I'm TM grinding.

Could I theoretically obtain 3 ribbons?

leehom

Yes. Each copy of a character records its own trust mastery and reward when maxed out.

Thanks. It's going to take awhile...I think I'm averaging 1% per day. In three more months, I should have three ribbons :D

Aaaand if I don't get any decent pulls when lightning comes, that account is going in the trash.

Is it possible to log into more than one account using multi-nox?

Faenix1

Not sure if I'm equipping folks right:
-Exdeath (4* Max) has a Flametongue, Shield, Iron Helm/Armor
-Chizuru (5* Max) has a Murasame, Headband, Iron Armor
-Kefka (4* Max) has a Werebuster, Headband, Silk Robe
-Fina (4* Max) has a Bow, Headband, and Mage's Habit (As well as a White cape for silence prevention)
-Shantotto (4* lv 42) has a Iron Rod, Headband, and Silk Robe.

Should I be giving Exdeath, Kefka, and Fina Rods/Staves too? Or what gear should I be striving to get for them? Chizuru was so easy to equip. lol
-

Lyrian

-Fina (4* Max) has a Bow, Headband, and Mage's Habit (As well as a White cape for silence prevention)

Should I be giving Exdeath, Kefka, and Fina Rods/Staves too? Or what gear should I be striving to get for them? Chizuru was so easy to equip. lol
-

Black Mages (Exdeath, Kefka, Shantotto) should be equipped with rods and mage gear boosting MAG.

White Mages (Fina) should be equipped with staves and other gear boosting SPR.

-
How are u strolling thru this game thinking it's cool to give Kefka a werebuster haha

Just to balance out all the Chizuru luck today, my ticket pull was 3-star Shadow and then I spent 500 lapis to get a 4-strar Shadow. Yes I'm salty.

linkent

Seeing the Chizuru post, decided to use up all my 7 tickets.
1 Blue, 5 Yellow, 1 Blue that turn Yellow.
Clyne, Panelo x2, Maria, Luna, Edgar, Sabin. :(
All dupe except Clyne.

Would prefer all Blue with Vann.

Dreavus

Got another Kefka, not going to bother with the next set of rate ups so I thought I might as well pull on this one again. I foolishly (?) combined my previous 2 Kefkas from those initial 10 tickets for the trust not really thinking about the possibility of getting more than one ribbon. I'll probably keep this one separate for the future Trust Mastery consumables.

Yes! Finally maxed out Chizuru and beat Europa! Barrage really is crazy strong. Now I just need Kefka and Exdeath to level up some more and I'll be able to take on Demon Chimera!

Question: should my party have 2 Chizurus?

My current party
5* Vaan
5* Chizuru
5* Kefka
5* Cloud of Darkness
5* Fina

Extra notable units
4* Chizuru
4* Krile

Would I be better off using another Chizuru instead of Kefka? When autobattling Chizuru would out DPS him, but maybe Kefka could be more useful for AOE? I just feel like my party is already almost entirely physical, so maybe I should focus on that plus Cheer.

Side note: I rerolled 20+ times to get these characters. I'm really not that lucky.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Question: should my party have 2 Chizurus?

My current party
5* Vaan
5* Chizuru
5* Kefka
5* Cloud of Darkness
5* Fina

Extra notable units
4* Chizuru
4* Krile

Would I be better off using another Chizuru instead of Kefka? When autobattling Chizuru would out DPS him, but maybe Kefka could be more useful for AOE? I just feel like my party is already almost entirely physical, so maybe I should focus on that plus Cheer.

Yeah - you are pretty much running a phys dmg team anyway. I would use double Chiz and only bring in Kefka if he is really needed. Cheer + Full Break and Barrage from 2xChiz/CoD would be nuts for any content released so far.

I said "screw it, nothing major to save for ATM" and did another pull for Chizuru.
I saw a blue crystal and got sad. "Well, maybe it's still someone good." ... "Oh hey, it turned Gold. Cool." ... "WHA? NOW IT TURNED INTO A RAINBOW?"
image.php

Alas, I pulled one more time and:

Now I have a Physical Team of Chizuru, Cecil, Firion, Vaan and Fina and a Mage Team of Kefka, Golbez, Shantoto, Vivi and Krile. I'm quite happy right now.

My luck is pretty horrible. 3 runs in advance mat vortex and not 1 sacred or holy crystal.
I've gotten all of the mats I needed from the int version. I even had a ton of extra holy crystals. I averaged at over 1 crystal (either type) per run. Seems like int is the way to go if you need both.

Rixa

My daily reward was a rare ticket. Used it expecting to get a character I didn't care for, and...
As soon as I level this babe out, I'm going to take it Europa.

I said "screw it, nothing major to save for ATM" and did another pull for Chizuru.
I saw a blue crystal and got sad. "Well, maybe it's still someone good." ... "Oh hey, it turned Gold. Cool." ... "WHA? NOW IT TURNED INTO A RAINBOW?"
image.php

Now I have a Physical Team of Chizuru, Cecil, Firion, Vaan and Fina and a Mage Team of Kefka, Golbez, Shantoto, Vivi and Krile. I'm quite happy right now.

These and earlier great summons, players made in this thread...
I had to rethink that I can try 2 times more for Kefka since I have 1125 Lapis before banner goes to limbo.

Well what you know, only 1 summon needed.

During Kefka rateup I made 16 pulls (didnt use money). Outside a lot of trash it was mage heavy :p

- Golbez
- Exdeath
- Kefka

Happy happy happy \o/.

I was thinking mage heavy setup: Cecil / Krile / Golbez / Kefka / Exdeath and spam Thunder spells. Ok Thundara has different timing than Thundaga so timing might be problem :p

chrono01

image.php

These and earlier great summons, players made in this thread...
I had to rethink that I can try 2 times more for Kefka since I have 1125 Lapis before banner goes to limbo.

During Kefka rateup I made 16 pulls (didnt use money). Outside a lot of trash it was mage heavy :p

- Golbez
- Exdeath
- Kefka

Happy happy happy \o/.

I was thinking mage heavy setup: Cecil / Krile / Golbez / Kefka / Exdeath and spam Thunder spells. Ok Thundara has different timing than Thundaga so timing might be problem :p
Man, some more great luck in here.

Congrats, you two!

Matticers

If I already have a five star Kefka and I pulled a four star, should I level up the second Kefka for a mage party or is that not really worth the effort and just fuse it instead?

Two rainbow pulls in a roll? You have the devils luck....
To make it even more crazy, I'd only seen two rainbows pulls before these two. The previous rainbow pulls came while I was trying to helping a friend do some rerolls at Global Launch (I've been playing since Soft Launch).

Happy happy happy \o/.
Yo! Luck is going wild tonight in this thread. Congrats. :D

Man, some more great luck in here.

Congrats, you two!
Thanks.

Rixa

Crazy how much people got Chizuru those last 2 days, congrats everyone who did get her.

Yeah its great that many got her. Just wondering how many more didnt get her (me atleast but I wasnt after her anyways).

Would this indicate that there are many and many more players playing this, thus its popular game and when its popular its good to every player :p

leehom

Decided to do a pull on my og account and high five's everyone! Got a Bedile dupe, woooot. Never again. Saving my tickets for Lightning or a rate up on Ex-Death.

Decided to do a pull on my og account and high five's everyone! Got a Bedile dupe, woooot. Never again. Saving my tickets for Lightning or a rate up on Ex-Death.
Balance restored. 20 mins and I'm pulling with 1 ticket. I got chizuru, kefka and golbez all in a row on my 4th reroll (current acc) so I'm going to see if I can grab a Locke off the rip

Maledict

Having just started and my pulls seem to be mostly poor. I got Vivi twice (4* and 3*) along with a three star Golbez, as well as what seem to be a bunch of generic heroes (green Mage, red Mage, White Mage, dancer etc).

Is it worth using the two main characters in the party or can I ditch them, as they are only 2 star compared to the three star heroes I've got? And is it worth pulling on the current event, or should I wait until a better event comes along?

(Sorry for the dumb questions, but this thread moves so insanely fast!)

Rixa

Having just started and my pulls seem to be mostly poor. I got Vivi twice (4* and 3*) along with a three star Golbez, as well as what seem to be a bunch of generic heroes (green Mage, red Mage, White Mage, dancer etc).

Is it worth using the two main characters in the party or can I ditch them, as they are only 2 star compared to the three star heroes I've got? And is it worth pulling on the current event, or should I wait until a better event comes along?

(Sorry for the dumb questions, but this thread moves so insanely fast!)

Are those generic summons made with Friend Point summons?
Current banner changes to new one in 10 minutes time. Current banner is better than the new banner that will come.

Also list all what you did get with Lapis / Summon tix summons.

Maledict

Are those generic summons made with Friend Point summons?
Current banner changes to new one in 10 minutes time. Current banner is better than the new banner that will come.

Also list all what you did get with Lapis / Summon tix summons.

Nope, a lot were my rare summons.

In total I've had:

Vivi * 3 (!! - two four stars, one three star)
Golbez
Edgar
Anzelm
Mizell
Russell

Three Vivis is really taunting me - guess I should just fuse them all into one? All of the above were three star apart from the Vivi's, two of which are four stars.

Rixa

Nope, a lot were my rare summons.

In total I've had:

Vivi * 3 (!! - two four stars, one three star)
Golbez
Edgar
Anzelm
Mizell
Russell

Three Vivis is really taunting me - guess I should just fuse them all into one? All of the above were three star apart from the Vivi's, two of which are four stars.

Have you already bind that account to Facebook? If not and you have just started, I suggest you reroll. See Reddit guide about reroll (Global part)
Outside of Golbez who is mediocre, those are really bad pulls.

Mizell is prolly your _first_ summon that is always friend point summon (white crystal) and fixed so that you get one FP unit.

Edit: Vivi is ok, but it caps 4* and thus not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom