• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilstreak

So, what is the thought about the crystal event, should i grind on INT or ADV?

Used my 2 summon tickets that i had from daily rewards. Got a 4* Vaan and 4* Hayate. Not locke but i'll take it.

I'll give you my 5 summon ticket for Vaan. lol

Pull with 1 ticket and got 3 star Garland. Well, at least he would be a good friend with y Chizu.

edit : pull 1 more time because why not and got dupe Edgar.
gonna try hard no to pull until Lightning returns.

Rixa

So, what is the thought about the crystal event, should i grind on INT or ADV?

If you have time, its better to do Phantom Forest Exploration, rather than ADV Vortex.

15nrg ADV Vortex gives at best 2 Megacites & 3 Magicites
8 nrg PFE Gives random amount of green Megacites & Magecites & Shards and other great stuff.

Valentus

Okay, so i did 30 pulls, i should notice that i get a lot of yellow crystals (like 9 i think)

5 lockes (one of them 4star)
3 hayates (one of them 4 star)
7 artemios (WHAT THE FUCK GUMI)
1 cecil
1 bartz
1 chizuru (really WHAT THE FUCK GUMI LOL)

the rest was useless crap

i say the rates are pretty good, but most good for artemios (the bad unit of the batch) so you are warned.

wilstreak

If you have time, its better to do Phantom Forest Exploration, rather than ADV Vortex.

15nrg ADV Vortex gives at best 2 Megacites & 3 Magicites
8 nrg PFE Gives random amount of green Megacites & Magecites & Shards and other great stuff.

Oh okay thanks for the heads up.
If the rate is not so great, then i'd rather focus level up my character.

scarlet

Okay, so i did 30 pulls, i should notice that i get a lot of yellow crystals (like 9 i think)

5 lockes (one of them 4star)
3 hayates (one of them 4 star)
7 artemios (WHAT THE FUCK GUMI)
1 cecil
1 bartz
1 chizuru (really WHAT THE FUCK GUMI LOL)

the rest was useless crap

i say the rates are pretty good, but most good for artemios (the bad unit of the batch) so you are warned.

How? Lapis? Tickets?

Jacobbles

I swear this games drops are broken for me. Just did 4 pulls, got four Galuf, two of which were 4star... I already had three 4star Galufs, he's the only goddamn unit I've got that's over 3 stars. What the hell is going on here?

bonkeng

I swear this games drops are broken for me. Just did 4 pulls, got four Galuf, two of which were 4star... I already had three 4star Galufs, he's the only goddamn unit I've got that's over 3 stars. What the hell is going on here?

You got trolled hard by Galuf.

Xion86

My daily reward was a rare ticket. Used it expecting to get a character I didn't care for, and...

As soon as I level this babe out, I'm going to take it Europa.

I hate you....(and the other lucky buggers in the last two pages) you may have read that I spent over 55 tickets yesterday with no luck :(

Rixa

All my better summons have come as 3* version. My 4* pulls have been trash so far. Too bad Galuf aint good unit, atleast TM is decent.

Valentus

Grats, more TM stuff to work on :p. Have you counted how many pulls you have done total in BE playing time?

since soft launch i should have do like 130 pulls i think?, most of pulls come froms last batch and this batch.

My pulls come from tickets (i buy lapi and change it from tickets). I have tickets left, but i stopped when i got my third hayate.

Xion86

Thanks Dragner and bonkeng...I need to have faith, pray to the RNGsus Gods and have patience! I'm sure the future brings more luck :).

On a side note. How reliable is equipping using "Optimize"? I've stuck with that throughout the game really, seems to have equipped the right gear. I've not really tweaked what's equipped at all (apart from accessories of course).

bonkeng

Thanks Dragner and bonkeng...I need to have faith, pray to the RNGsus Gods and have patience! I'm sure the future brings more luck :).

On a side note. How reliable is equipping using "Optimize"? I've stuck with that throughout the game really, seems to have equipped the right gear. I've not really tweaked what's equipped at all (apart from accessories of course).

Optimize is really only good for physical attackers. Since it only detects the highest atk weapon, and ignoring all other aspect.

For example, if you have an Ice Rod (atk +14, mag +26) and a Dagger (atk +16), using optimize on Kefka will auto-equip him with the Dagger since it has higher Atk. Which is not optimal at all since Kefka needs Mag rather than Atk.

Xion86

Optimize is really only good for physical attackers. Since it only detects the highest atk weapon, and ignoring all other aspect.

For example, if you have an Ice Rod (atk +14, mag +26) and a Dagger (atk +16), using optimize on Kefka will auto-equip him with the Dagger since it has higher Atk. Which is not optimal at all since Kefka needs Mag rather than Atk.

Ah brilliant, good to know, thanks. Will take a closer look at what I have then.

Rixa

Also, in some cases higher ATK aint necessarily better. For example CoD I rather use +25 ATK Werebuster than +30 ATK Mythril Mace.
^^
Optimize would put Mythril Mace to weapon slot.

No Locke for me after 11 pulls

Very disappointed but there IS a silver lining

Snagged a 4* Terra!!! WOOOO at least I have one more FF6 cast member

Going to build up to 5K lapis and try for Locke again this week (currently at 4k)

Got 2 four star Artemis, and ended up getting s 5 star Firion. Was hoping for Locke but I'll try again later this weekend.

My first 5 star unit though!!

Feel like progress slows to a crawl now that I have gotten near the end of the game. Being Rank 18 and only having 27 energy, I feel like I can do very little when I log on to play. Did you guys grind your Rank up or something so you have more energy?

c-murph

Did two pulls, spent a ticket and 500 Lapis. Wanted Locke!

Ended up with 3* Kuja and 3* Locke!

Yay me!

Locke now joins his fellow brethren Vaan, and Zidane. #TeamTreasureHunter

H3xum

If I have 5k+ lapis is it always worth it to buy the treasure chest that gives you 11 golden tickets for 5k?

I will still have a few K left for expansions and such, but, I can't think of why I wouldn't want to buy the 11 ticket chest. But surely there is something I am missing

Rixa

Feel like progress slows to a crawl now that I have gotten near the end of the game. Being Rank 18 and only having 27 energy, I feel like I can do very little when I log on to play. Did you guys grind your Rank up or something so you have more energy?

Yes I did. I did grind Grandsheld Catacombs - Exit _very_ many times. That was before 2nd Island was opened.

bonkeng

Grind ranks to get more Lapis to pull more units to max their levels to farm their mats to awaken them all.

rugioh

Banned
Anyone here have a ExDeath I can friend to run me through ADV exp vortex? I'll give you daily gifts in exchange; trying to level up my characters for the story.

NynyXIV

Neo Member
I downloaded and installed it. Launched, started tutorial. I was like "Yes!" Then I saw it. The fucking energy bar. Felt disappointment. Uninstalled. I really fucking hate that mechanic and how many otherwise great games it's repelled me from.

bonkeng

I downloaded and installed it. Launched, started tutorial. I was like "Yes!" Then I saw it. The fucking energy bar. Felt disappointment. Uninstalled. I really fucking hate that mechanic and how many otherwise great games it's repelled me from.

giphy.gif

Xion86

I don't mind it actually, mines a lot higher now so can do few more things at once, also daily quest rewards bumps it up. If it wasn't for the bar, I'd be hooked on the game more haha. Im glad it forces me to do other things and come back later :p

Its a mobile game

Its the most tolerable platform for this sort of thing

This is the best casual play FF game yet in this style. But hey its your prerogative

bonkeng

Does it really? I did the vortex run and got crap outside of a black and orange crystal and two megacite. Is Phantom better overall?

Gamewise, Phantom is better. As you'll get mats (for Awakening your future Exdeath), Exp and Megacites. But time consuming.

Vortex only gives you 2 Megacites. But time efficient.

So if you have time, Phantom. If not, Vortex.

Ragnaroz

3 pulls. Bedile, Artemios and Shadow. Aaand I'm done with this banner. Hopefully I'll have more luck on the more important banners.

Maledict

Have you already bind that account to Facebook? If not and you have just started, I suggest you reroll. See Reddit guide about reroll (Global part)
Outside of Golbez who is mediocre, those are really bad pulls.

Mizell is prolly your _first_ summon that is always friend point summon (white crystal) and fixed so that you get one FP unit.

Edit: Vivi is ok, but it caps 4* and thus not great.

I hadn't linked yet, so have been rerolling. It takes about 15 minutes to do the full run through to where you can take your first two free pulls which is a bit annoying compared to the old system wher apparently you would get 10 tickets for free at the start...

So far nothing decent other than My current pull which is Artemios and Muyuki. Given how tedious the rerolling is I'm wondering whether to stick with that or just keep rolling whilst I'm playing something else in the background.

Am guessing from everyone's lists here than no-one really uses the two starting characters much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom