• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't linked yet, so have been rerolling. It takes about 15 minutes to do the full run through to where you can take your first two free pulls which is a bit annoying compared to the old system wher apparently you would get 10 tickets for free at the start...

So far nothing decent other than My current pull which is Artemios and Muyuki. Given how tedious the rerolling is I'm wondering whether to stick with that or just keep rolling whilst I'm playing something else in the background.

Am guessing from everyone's lists here than no-one really uses the two starting characters much?

Huh? Not at all!!

Starting characters can all hit 5 star and will be the perfect fall back units to fill out your party if you dont have a full party of top tier units

Fina being the best of the three

RedZaraki

Banned
Current Team is:

5* Kefka lv 50
5* Laswell lv 25
5* Rain lv 40
4* Fina lv 50
4* Golbez lv 50

Is Developing Golbez worth my time?

My team needs a physical attacker and a tank, but the only other units I have right now are a 3* Sabin and a 3* Clyne.

What do?

Ourobolus

Banned
Man, Phantom Forest really is better than the Chamber. Even though Green Magicite doesn't have a corresponding Esper, I'm getting quite a few.

RedZaraki

Banned
Man, Phantom Forest really is better than the Chamber. Even though Green Magicite doesn't have a corresponding Esper, I'm getting quite a few.

Yeah. I tend to get one Mega Green per run.

Why can't the desert be that cool with Mega Reds?

I"m curious what Green will eventually be for. Hoping we get Odin or Bahamut summons someday.

Rixa

I hadn't linked yet, so have been rerolling. It takes about 15 minutes to do the full run through to where you can take your first two free pulls which is a bit annoying compared to the old system wher apparently you would get 10 tickets for free at the start...

So far nothing decent other than My current pull which is Artemios and Muyuki. Given how tedious the rerolling is I'm wondering whether to stick with that or just keep rolling whilst I'm playing something else in the background.

Am guessing from everyone's lists here than no-one really uses the two starting characters much?

Miyuki & Artemios aint great units (they are decent).
Rerolling is tougher than week ago. But it was even tougher when I started -> Do tutorial so long that you have 500 Lapis, if the pull is trash do tutorial again.

I started with Vaan, took about 30ish rerolls. I suggest you try to reroll more, try to get one of the best unit there is, as you prolly know rarity doesnt matter, its the unit that does.

Lasswell / Rain / Fina are nice units, Fina being best of those 3.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah. I tend to get one Mega Green per run.

Why can't the desert be that cool with Mega Reds?

I"m curious what Green will eventually be for. Hoping we get Odin or Bahamut summons someday.
AFAIK, even with Carbuncle, Diabolos, Odin, and...whatever the other one is, JP still doesn't have a "green" esper.

Xion86

I'm using Rain, Kain, Lasswell, Golbez and Fina. Been using the starting characters since I got them, they have gotten me this far and we get to upgrade Rain and Lasswell to 6* in the future, so I've got them maxed out and ready for that :).

Maledict

Have to say, regardless of the rerolling systems, this game feels really different to all the other games of this type I've played. It feels more like a proper RPG with the collection system added on, rather than a hollow shell of a game thats just pretending to be interactive whilst really pushing you towards the slot machine. Being able to gear up heroes, use a whole ton of different abilities and options in combat, the esper system - it makes it feel like a real game and not some artificial, cash starved slot machine which plays itself. Am curiously impressed.

Have to say, regardless of the rerolling systems, this game feels really different to all the other games of this type I've played. It feels more like a proper RPG with the collection system added on, rather than a hollow shell of a game thats just pretending to be interactive whilst really pushing you towards the slot machine. Being able to gear up heroes, use a whole ton of different abilities and options in combat, the esper system - it makes it feel like a real game and not some artificial, cash starved slot machine which plays itself. Am curiously impressed.

Yeah its a pretty solid effort

Not perfect though. Would love to see all the abilities go through a thorough rebalance to make them all viable and given more utility

While there is certainly more stategic variety than most games only a select few encounters require it and honestly only a handful of abilities are useful for the encounters that require strategy

Its RPG lite but in a good way. I only hope that future iterations of these ideas continue to grow and enrich the gameplay

Lyrian

Is the chamber pretty bad? 5 magcite for 15 NRG doesn't sound like like a good deal

If you are looking to dump energy fast, then run Chamber.
If you are looking for efficiency and have time to burn, then run Phantom Forest exploration.

j-wood

I have a nexus 6p. Does anyone else get slowdown when doing exploration? Seems like the game is running at a fast pace, then will chug and my dude is running noticeably slower, then it'll pick back up, etc.

Lyrian

All three still in my party. Have cleared 85% (and climbing, stupid 3 orb time-gating mechanic) of the Colloseum and most 2* espers and both trials.

Rain is the weakest by far and will be the first one to go eventually. Lasswell can currently hit around 260 attack, which is very solid especially with Ifrit's killer abilities. Fina learns Cura, Curaga, and Cheer, which makes her a solid healer. I **think** only Roselina currently beats her in healing with Curaja, but she lacks Cheer which is a very strong offense/defense party buff.

Lyrian

I have a nexus 6p. Does anyone else get slowdown when doing exploration? Seems like the game is running at a fast pace, then will chug and my dude is running noticeably slower, then it'll pick back up, etc.

It's the fog effect in some zones. You can turn it off under the option menu to increase performance.

Lyrian

Used my first summon of the day: 4* Hayate.

Pleased to hit one of the event pulls already. Will sit on the rest of the summons of the day until later.

At least I will be able to do something with the 300 shurikens clogging my inventory, lol.

NomarTyme

Suffer the same problem with my note 3. Very annoying.

RedZaraki

Banned
Managed to actually beat the White Dragon with my level 50 ish team mentioned above.

Key was getting poison on him and having maelstrom affected units defend for a turn. He seemed to target them when they were low health and by defending they survived the follow-up and it bought more time.

But the Chimera spanked my team hard.

RedZaraki

Banned

I have a Galaxy S6 and it only chugs for me in some areas. I disabled the background effects in battles and in exploration (it's in options) and it improved performance a lot in those spots.

bonkeng

The game lags for me too sometimes. I have a Samsung S6 Edge. Nothing serious tho.

Suffer the same problem with my note 3. Very annoying.

I have a Galaxy S6 and it only chugs for me in some areas. I disabled the background effects in battles and in exploration (it's in options) and it improved performance a lot in those spots.

On my Samsung Note 4, it lags noticeably in Exploration.

On my Motorola Nexus 6, there's no lag at all.

I tried doing side by side and Nexus 6 is faster all the time. What's weird is that both has exactly the same hardware, only different manufacturer.

Heng

I got Exdeath and Vaan on my spare account if you want it. It's level 14 and has a few other characters like Krile and Cyan.

Lyrian

Galaxy Note 5 here.

I can time the lag to whenever one of those cloud rolls by on the screen. There's always one at the very start of Phantom Forest and the Westersand.

Annoying, but I've learned to ignore it as it goes away after a few seconds.

Pejo

Was excited to burn some tickets this morning to try to get a Locke. First ticket - Locke. Ok then, I guess I'm done spending tickets.

There goes all my RNG luck for the next year or so. Don't care, it's worth it, Locke is my favorite from FFVI.

rhino4evr

Ok...so what magicite do I use, and what do I keep for later? Only have Siren and Ifrit for now. Just finished the "wastelands"

I'm already at level 22 with a 5 star Vaan at level 80 and a 5 Star Kefka at level 40,both started at 3 star

So yeah , I've been grinding quite a bit. Lol

CCIE

Banned
I wouldn't mind Locke, but I have enough characters to max, stuff to grind, etc... Finally should get the Ice Rod from the Colosseum later today. My Kefka is finally starting to measure up. L74 this morning. I spend ALL of my time for the game in the Adv Vortex these days - way too many characters to get to max, and I'm out of cactuars. Have finished the game content so once a day I run the Peak, and the Desert, search for Bloody Eyes for the three story quests, and spend all the rest of the time in the Vortex

I have Chizuru and will soon have Kefka maxed. I also have Fina at 74 for Cheer so she can stop for now. Who should I level up next? Garland(L39), Terra (L50), or Celes(L38)? I'm thinking Garland for the Doublehand and someone else who can hit worth a damn besides Chizuru.

Thoughts?

Nohar

Farming Ice Megacrystals is soul-crushing. At least I'll have enough Blue Magicites to bring Leviathan (?) to level 30 quickly once it is released.

Anyhow, I hope we will get an event soon. The game needs a little something to escape the monotony.

Slaythe

Lol I got a Kefka... I guess that's what you call good timing ?

I'm gonna replace Rydia with him, because she is literally awful. What a waste of a character.

I hate Kefka though :/ but I'm stuck in the game and I need more power.

Huh? Not at all!!

Starting characters can all hit 5 star and will be the perfect fall back units to fill out your party if you dont have a full party of top tier units

Fina being the best of the three
Agreed. I have been playing since the soft launch and most of that time was with maxed out Rain, Lasswell, Cecil, Krile and Bedile. I kicked Bedile to the curb, a few weeks later, when I got Fran and that team took me through all of the soft launch story content + up to the S3 Coli boss. Rain and Lasswell aren't tip top tier units, but they are solid units that can help fill out holes in teams and will eventually get 6* upgrades too. If you aren't lucky enough to get a unit with Full Break, then 6* Rain will be your go to support unit. Fina is already a fantastic WM, too; Particularly on a physical-based Team.

I only benched them because I scored big on the last banner and now have enough great gacha units for a full physical team and mage team.
Physical: Chizuru (DPS), Firion (DPS), Vaan (Full Break / Steal), Cecil (Tank + Extra Curas), Fina (Cura + Cheer)
Mage: Kefka, Golbez, Shantoto, Vivi, Krile

Syrus

Banned
Lol I got a Kefka... I guess that's what you call good timing ?

I'm gonna replace Rydia with him, because she is literally awful. What a waste of a character.

I hate Kefka though :/ but I'm stuck in the game and I need more power.

Kefka is top tier. Hes a beast

Man.....I dont know If I want to pull. I should wait for lightning...I like Locke but the other two I dont need.

I need another Tank and Healer with Raise.

I run Kefka ExDeath Bartz Cyan Edgar , soon replace Edgar with Fina

Kefka , ExDeath , Bartz Lightning Fina/Healer would be beastly

Slaythe

This is my current team :

Maxed out Firion

Maxed out Kuja

Maxed out Edgar

Maxed out Fina

and piece of shit Rydia that's going to be swapped for Kefka.

I want a better healer. And I wouldn't mind swapping Edgar for a tank like Cecil.

CCIE

Banned
Slaythe did you beat the Demon Chimera with that team? I don't see a lot of physical damage there. That's my current issue. I'm almost having to rely solely on Chizuru to do anything.

bonkeng

I wouldn't mind Locke, but I have enough characters to max, stuff to grind, etc... Finally should get the Ice Rod from the Colosseum later today. My Kefka is finally starting to measure up. L74 this morning. I spend ALL of my time for the game in the Adv Vortex these days - way too many characters to get to max, and I'm out of cactuars. Have finished the game content so once a day I run the Peak, and the Desert, search for Bloody Eyes for the three story quests, and spend all the rest of the time in the Vortex

I have Chizuru and will soon have Kefka maxed. I also have Fina at 74 for Cheer so she can stop for now. Who should I level up next? Garland(L39), Terra (L50), or Celes(L38)? I'm thinking Garland for the Doublehand and someone else who can hit worth a damn besides Chizuru.

Thoughts?

If your main team members are Chizuru, Fina and Kefka, here's my thought:

Garland benefits from Fina's Cheer.

Celes can buff Kefka since she has Focus.

I guess Terra can replace Fina, but you'll lose out Cheers. I'd personally choose Fina over Terra any day.

Garland > Celes > Terra

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Chimera hurts. I feel like I'm missing something.

My team for it is
Bartz 5* Max
Fina 5* 74
Rain 4* Max
Clyde 4* 55 - Additional group heal.
Edgar 4* Max

So I have a pretty beefy team, but he still whooped me hard. I figure I need some resistance or something, he nearly one shot me on the second round. And even though my characters were nearly capped, killed all but Fina and Bartz in round 4. So I'm crafting the Barthundra and Fira today. I'll go look for the ice one later. I'll see if I can awakening my Celes or level up my Lasswell to replace Rain.

I'll probably start to grind matts in the chamber for my Summons today.

Nearly done with Colosseum BNG though.

Slaythe

Slaythe did you beat the Demon Chimera with that team? I don't see a lot of physical damage there. That's my current issue. I'm almost having to rely solely on Chizuru to do anything.

Oh I did beat it but it was fucking hell. I'm currently stuck on Europa so that's why I'm gonna level up Kefka. it's funny, I was like "well i'm stuck... need a good unit..." rolled him yesterday before going to bed.

I equipped Biora and barfira on my Kuja, so basically the first turns I applied bar thundara and barfira, then i kept spamming biora (and equivalent with edgar). (the attack with Kuja's high stats allowed for some okay damage)

Also, Kuja's attack stat is high so you can always swap his equipment for something more attack oriented.

So basically I kept spamming biora, firion's paralysis, gave the sleeping dagger to edgar and used drill too while trying to cure myself and apply buffs. Rydia was fucking worthless.

Eventually I got lucky and somehow it got poisoned. I died at least 15 times.

CCIE

Banned
I use both Fina and Terra in the Colosseum. I use Terra in the main content for the most part. I'm trying to give Celes a chance as a unit, but she keeps disappointing me. Chances are she's the first one benched when I get another good unit.

Fina's Cheer is great for the Colosseum, but it is the only place I've actually needed it - also a quarter of her MP for one use. I will use my Colosseum team to take on the Demon Chimera, but I need to max Garland out first. Maybe late next week from what I can tell. By then there will probably be another rate-up banner ready to come out. I think it will be WoL, and I will be pulling for certain.

Maledict

Hokay, pulled a five star Chizuru. Although not listed in the first post, it seems from reading Reddit that's a decent enough character to stick with?

Heng

Thanks very much for the offer but I'd feel oddly guilty taking someone else's account! ;-)
I don't mind since I don't even bother with logging on anymore. Well if you ever change your mind, you can have it.

Hokay, pulled a five star Chizuru. Although not listed in the first post, it seems from reading Reddit that's a decent enough character to stick with?
The OP isn't updated but she's definitely good, top physical damage in the game atm. She'll get a 6 star form later on.

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom