• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3xum

Currently running a

5 star Fina, Kefka, Chizuru

4 star Vivi, Laswell and Rain

Switching the 4 stars around for a party, think I am going to keep Vivi and then 5 star Rain since supposedly his 6 star is nasty?

Thoughts?

Oh I did beat it but it was fucking hell. I'm currently stuck on Europa so that's why I'm gonna level up Kefka. it's funny, I was like "well i'm stuck... need a good unit..." rolled him yesterday before going to bed.

I equipped Biora and barfira on my Kuja, so basically the first turns I applied bar thundara and barfira, then i kept spamming biora (and equivalent with edgar). (the attack with Kuja's high stats allowed for some okay damage)

Also, Kuja's attack stat is high so you can always swap his equipment for something more attack oriented.

So basically I kept spamming biora, firion's paralysis, gave the sleeping dagger to edgar and used drill too while trying to cure myself and apply buffs. Rydia was fucking worthless.

Eventually I got lucky and somehow it got poisoned. I died at least 15 times.

When I analyzed demon chimera it said he was immune to all status effects but sleep. Used bio blaster on him 10+ times and had no luck with poison.

Umibozu

I thought sacred crystals only dropped in the vortex but I just got one from the chimera boss in the phantom forest. Still think it would be easier to farm them in the vortex though.

Slaythe

When I analyzed demon chimera it said he was immune to all status effects but sleep. Used bio blaster on him 10+ times and had no luck with poison.

Unless my memory is fuzzy and I'm mistaking it for another boss (cause it was last week), I am fairly certain that it did get poisoned eventually. It happened once out of all my tries though.

I know for a fact I was only using biora with Kuja because that demon is immune to anything elemental, so Kuja's biora was a decent attack in itself even without the poison.

I thought sacred crystals only dropped in the vortex but I just got one from the chimera boss in the phantom forest. Still think it would be easier to farm them in the vortex though.

Yup Chimera is basically Barrage Rush the boss

You kind of want a physical bruiser team and a support unit to keep em alive

Then rush it down

Lyrian

Chimera hurts. I feel like I'm missing something.

My team for it is
Bartz 5* Max
Fina 5* 74
Rain 4* Max
Clyde 4* 55 - Additional group heal.
Edgar 4* Max

So I have a pretty beefy team, but he still whooped me hard. I figure I need some resistance or something, he nearly one shot me on the second round. And even though my characters were nearly capped, killed all but Fina and Bartz in round 4. So I'm crafting the Barthundra and Fira today. I'll go look for the ice one later. I'll see if I can awakening my Celes or level up my Lasswell to replace Rain.

I'll probably start to grind matts in the chamber for my Summons today.

Nearly done with Colosseum BNG though.

The only firepower I really see here is Bartz. I'm not sure that is enough to really handle the Chimera. You really need a second 5* source of damage to be able to kill him fast enough. Rain at 4*s is a liability (for that matter, anyone at 4*s is a liability here as even at 4* max there is the risk of being one-shotted because of low max HP).

Is Lasswell 5*s yet? With him and Bartz at 5*s max, that might be enough DPS to work with the two healers chain Cura'ing each round. Also, ensure that you are building your units for extra HP (Muscle belts, etc.) as double Cura has no value if the units cannot survive at hit to be able to be healed back to max each round.

Celegus

Hokay, pulled a five star Chizuru. Although not listed in the first post, it seems from reading Reddit that's a decent enough character to stick with?
Best version of the best character in the game is pretty decent alright.

Started my first hero ring today! Those ice megacrysts are going to be a serious nuisance.

Rixa

Unless my memory is fuzzy and I'm mistaking it for another boss (cause it was last week), I am fairly certain that it did get poisoned eventually. It happened once out of all my tries though.

I know for a fact I was only using biora with Kuja because that demon is immune to anything elemental, so Kuja's biora was a decent attack in itself even without the poison.
Demon Chimera is immune to poison. I made Libra when I killed it first time.
Screenshot_20160714-142306.png

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The only firepower I really see here is Bartz. I'm not sure that is enough to really handle the Chimera. You really need a second 5* source of damage to be able to kill him fast enough. Rain at 4*s is a liability (for that matter, anyone at 4*s is a liability here as even at 4* max there is the risk of being one-shotted because of low max HP).

Is Lasswell 5*s yet? With him and Bartz at 5*s max, that might be enough DPS to work with the two healers chain Cura'ing each round. Also, ensure that you are building your units for extra HP (Muscle belts, etc.) as double Cura has no value if the units cannot survive at hit to be able to be healed back to max each round.

They were able to survive the first hit. Just took a lot of damage. The issue was the 2nd big hit in the 4th. I choose to rebuff with Fina, rather than heal. But all were around 80-90% health if not full.

I do know I'm lacking a 2nd strong DPS and sadly, I don't think that is going to change for a while. I don't really have the lapis to invest in a strong one. No Vaan, Firion, Leo, or any. Next highest is Lasswell.

broz0rs

I budgeted two pulls and pulled two Galufs. That got me pretty salty so I pulled another and got a Locke.

I've yet to pull a five star in this game, and just one four star (Penelo lol). It's amazing to see so many people on this thread pull a five star.

CCIE

Banned
When I tried to take the Demon Chimera down a week or so ago, I had only Chizuru and nothing else to really work with. She almost did it too. With Cheer it may just be possible. But seriously, need another physical attacker for this boss. I thought about Lasswell, but he is basically just a weaker Chizuru with none of the skill set.

Does Garland hit decently as a 5*? Need to get him up in levels, and then if I have Kefka nails it with a couple of Overdrives that may be just enough to get it done.

Heng

When I tried to take the Demon Chimera down a week or so ago, I had only Chizuru and nothing else to really work with. She almost did it too. With Cheer it may just be possible. But seriously, need another physical attacker for this boss. I thought about Lasswell, but he is basically just a weaker Chizuru with none of the skill set.

Does Garland hit decently as a 5*? Need to get him up in levels, and then if I have Kefka nails it with a couple of Overdrives that may be just enough to get it done.
My Garland has about 200 attack at max level/5 star. He doesn't hit as hard as Lasswell (he has the katana from the white dragon) but I think he's worth leveling. Hit ATK down debuff helped me get through the demon chimera.

Depending on how you equip Garland he can do a lot of damage. I've got mine up to 288 attack. I've equipped him with Level 30 2* Ifrit, Murasame, Barbut helmet and 2 hyper wrists. He does a ton of damage with Raging Fist and against Plant and Beast enemies thanks to Ifrit.

Thanks. That is what I will do

Also, if you don't want to give up your Murasame on Chizuru, you can get a Giant's Axe that has 50 Attack which would be your second best option. Not sure how far you are in the Colosseum, but you can get the axe from beating INT A-5.

Lyrian

Got Artemios from the premium draw. Is he any good?

Solid, but just short of awesome. He's one of those characters that would be incredible if he is granted a 6* form.

In his 5* form, all of his power is hampered by severe restrictions on equipment (because "ranger"). But, as the poster above me just noted, the 3rd trial (next after the Chimera), awards a bow that is pretty much custom made for him.

Pbae

Ok, so I've been going HAM on the Adv XP dungeon and finally got my Chi to a high enough level that I think will be usable for you guys if you add me.

5* Chizuru @ 60 (Main)
5* Garland @ 46
5* Bartz @ 48
5* Fina @ 61 (Secondary)
5* Kefka @ 46

rugioh

Banned
Ok, so I've been going HAM on the Adv XP dungeon and finally got my Chi to a high enough level that I think will be usable for you guys if you add me.

5* Chizuru @ 60 (Main)
5* Garland @ 46
5* Bartz @ 48
5* Fina @ 61 (Secondary)
5* Kefka @ 46

Added you. Will gladly make use of that Chizuru fam

Maledict

Is there a bug with exploration mode? I've done two now where literally zero enemies spawned apart from the end boss (first two zones). Seems very odd and definitely didn't happen on my first account.

chrono01

Is there a bug with exploration mode? I've done two now where literally zero enemies spawned apart from the end boss (first two zones). Seems very odd and definitely didn't happen on my first account.
This happened to me before. Just close the app entirely and load it back up, that should fix things.

Lyrian

Golem at lvl 29. So damn close, phantom forest runs boring af

Nah, Wolfsgang is the most boring. That zone takes forever to hit the 3 collections nodes. At least for Phantom Forest and the Westersand, you can get in and out of those zones rather quickly and mostly painlessly.

Lyrian

When you level an Esper to 30 you face its "demon" form at the same place you faced it's original form. Best that and you get the true form of the Esper.

Psst....

Those espers' true-er-er forms (3*) are expected to be announced next week.

With a properly leveled team and someone casting the correct elemental resistance spell, they aren't that hard to clear.

Takuan

Chizuru is 4 levels away from max. She's already practically a one-woman army, once she gets barrage it's over.

I finally got Fina, so I'm leveling her now. Does Golbez get any better? His stats seem pretty meh, maybe I'm not gearing him correctly. Kefka and Chiz seem way better.

Slaythe

Chizuru is 4 levels away from max. She's already practically a one-woman army, once she gets barrage it's over.

I finally got Fina, so I'm leveling her now. Does Golbez get any better? His stats seem pretty meh, maybe I'm not gearing him correctly. Kefka and Chiz seem way better.

Literally garbage. And no planned 6 stars while ff4 got his update. RIP.

NomarTyme

Yeah get Kefka and Chizuru to max level and bring Fina to at least lvl 72. Then you got a beast of the team.

Celegus

Oh crap, really? I was under the impression that he's not bad, but have also been waiting patiently for it to happen. Mine is almost level 60 5* too, maybe I shouldve tried harder to pull a Kefka...

My party is Golbez, CoD, Kuja, Garland and Fina. Is Golbez the weak link there? Or Kuja? Laswell better than either of them if I level him up? My next best pulls would probably be Kain or Shantotto.

Yeah calling Golbez garbage is a bit much, he's not great but he has utility as a status mage who can wear armor, he actually rates above Kuja. Has access to decent -agas too

Lyrian

They were able to survive the first hit. Just took a lot of damage. The issue was the 2nd big hit in the 4th. I choose to rebuff with Fina, rather than heal. But all were around 80-90% health if not full.

I do know I'm lacking a 2nd strong DPS and sadly, I don't think that is going to change for a while. I don't really have the lapis to invest in a strong one. No Vaan, Firion, Leo, or any. Next highest is Lasswell.

When I first cleared it, I used Rain/Lasswell/Fina/Maria/Kefka.

Your Bartz would replace Kekfa.
If you have a Krille, she would be a better second healer than Maria.

Lasswell was my second source of damage, outside of Kefka.

The two healers should not be doing anything except healing, ever (Do NOT waste MP casting Cheer or resistance buffs). The second healer should always be casting Cura. Fina will also cast Cura, unless the Chimera focused damage on one of the tanks/dps. Then, it is okay for her to cast Curaga on the person, if everyone else on the team reaches full health from the first Cura.

If after healing anyone is less than 90% health, they must **always** defend for that turn. Don't ever risk not being able to survive the next hit. In your situation, this is a slugfest and not a fight that is going to be won in 5 rounds or less.

Ignore the poison later on. Heal through it every round and defend when needed.

Play the fight safe, keeping every at full life at all times (or else defend the next round), and you will outlast the Chimera.

Takuan

Damn. He looks like such a boss, too. I guess I can level Rain/Laswell, they're still 2*.

Yeah get Kefka and Chizuru to max level and bring Fina to at least lvl 72. Then you got a beast of the team.
Yeah, already on it. Running ADV with those three and having an easy time. Won't be long. I'm just waiting for a better banner event so I can pull and work on new units, since this one looks skippable.

Yolo'd and pulled Galuf and Maria. Never doing that again.
I know your pain, bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom