• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could totally do tons of things mechanically

What I would like to see

- ATB. Seems like an easy addition that could change up everything. You dont even need to change the UI that much.

- Full rebalance of all abilities and introduction of more prominent stat scaling.

Otherwise love the previous suggestions of adding row support.

And they could adjust modifiers on weapon types and equipment even further. Everything should have a valid use in the game to promote a variety of builds and strategies

Dragner

pls no ATB, I like this blistering pace this game can have and the tactical pause if you need a slower approach for difficult battles.ATB would kill it for me.

pls no ATB, I like this blistering pace this game can have and the tactical pause if you need a slower approach for difficult battles.ATB would kill it for me.

ATB that pauses when selecting moves just like old school

It wouldnt be so bad :p

In other news FINALLY got Locke!

Good god I was worried. Down to my last 3 pulls and he finally popped.

Also picked up Duane, Golbez, and Vivi.. Ehh ok i guess

Visceir

The data generally clings to your device quite stubbornly, as even if you deleted/reinstalled the app it would still load up your acc. That's why people had to use the FB method to reroll.

Safest way is still to backup your acc by connecting it to your FB account though.

NomarTyme

The data generally clings to your device quite stubbornly, as even if you deleted/reinstalled the app it would still load up your acc. That's why people had to use the FB method to reroll.

Safest way is still to backup your acc by connecting it to your FB account though.
Oh yeah, I remember doing that.
WELL THANK FUCKING GOD I DIDNT DO THAT
I must say, why not?

For the curious, datamined and translated 3rd and 4th islands news (spoilers).
That don't mean we will get them quickly though.
The Japanese version got the 4th island one month after the 3rd.

I cannot wait. Need new shit to play!

Slaythe

blGjJm.jpg

As usual, the GOAT prevails.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
^^ I feel your pain. Was in the same situation. Now Iam mindlessly grinding Earth Shrine, 16th day going, about one month to go. I havent used Lapis for energy recharge.
3 OF my Shantottos started from level one :p.

Good thing is that _now_ is the right time to grind TM. I asked from experienced JP players when did they get first grind event (grind points and trade them items / similar to CC tower events). They said it was about 4-5 months after JP Launch. So my guess is we get first one in November / December, maybe earlier. That also means, later on we will have more events and thus less time to grind TM / use nrg to leveling etc.

Man your progress is amazing and you are right, this is the time to do something like TM leveling where we still have a bit of downtime before we get regular events. Right now im still working on the basics of my new account but once i reach 45stamina ill be more open to run less rank-up efficient content. For now its just ranking up while farming materials.
As usual, the GOAT prevails.
Congrats Sir, also just beat her !!
Do we know how much 6* awakenings will cost when they are available? Should I start stockpiling sacred crystals already?
Pretty sure they need completely different awakenings materials not yet released.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Do Finas Cheer and selfboost actives like Chizurus stack ? Or is there no reason to boost phy. atk with another active after Finas cheer ?
What stage of Colosseum is that?

Final stage of BGN - so BGN S Rank 5.

Kouriozan

Farming Phantom Forest instead of Magicite Cave and I got enough screamroot via trust reward chest so I could craft a second Magic Key, hope there is some good silver chest on the 3rd island!

Lyrian

They may implement it in the future though.

Remember, classic ff takes into account the front and back rows positioning. Ranged units deal more damage in the back, while close range deal half if put in the back. Tanks get double def if in front etc. There's a lot of mechanics they can implement. They have to.

Just because it's not yet implemented now, doesn't mean it won't in the future.

The example i gave is very much relevant as almost all gacha games changes mechanics. Otherwise, we will get bored of the same damn thing.

Spamming barrage for a year is damn boring wouldn't you agree?

As someone who has played PAD for multiple years, I've seen the rise of high damage meta come, go, and come back again in new forms.

The easiest way damage racing characters are stopped are with pre-emptive counter abilities deployed by opponents. In PAD, almost any significant opponent nowadays as at least one, if not multiple counter abilities up at all times.

Some of these abilities include (that would be applicable to FFBE):

-- Resistance and/or immunity to popular debuffs
-- Resistance and/or immunity to various elements (which could switch in mid-fight)
-- Automatic re-raise if killed over a certain percentage of life
-- Resistance and/or immunity to damage over a certain fixed value per character per round

Eventually, all metas change. The only question in the case FFBE is when. It could be a few months from now, or a year or more into the future. The only uncertainty is when the game develops decide when it is time for the meta to change and render everything in the past obsolete for future content.

Celegus

Farming Phantom Forest instead of Magicite Cave and I got enough screamroot via trust reward chest so I could craft a second Magic Key, hope there is some good silver chest on the 3rd island!
Is there anything worth grabbing on the first areas? I crafted one as well but haven't used it.

Lyrian

Good gravy, the projected XP table for 3* espers is insane.

That is an insane amount of magicite per esper, unless there is going to be an additional grade over megacite added to the game....

Esper XP table

Celegus

IMO the Barblizzara recipe in Wolfsgang (might be useful for the colosseum INT S-5 boss) but since I completed everything so far it would be useless for me.
That was the only thing that jumped out at me as well. Looks like the only other way to get that spell is an upgraded Shiva? Still a ways off from that, but I'm also only on BGN-S in the colosseum.

Another question, I'm just full of them! Should I be hoarding my FP for some kind of banner/event like the rare summons as well?

That was the only thing that jumped out at me as well. Looks like the only other way to get that spell is an upgraded Shiva? Still a ways off from that, but I'm also only on BGN-S in the colosseum.

Another question, I'm just full of them! Should I be hoarding my FP for some kind of banner/event like the rare summons as well?

Save them for when they add metal cactuars and gil snappers as a promotional event. This was running during the metal cactuar event this last time but I'm not positive if the gil snappers come every time the metal cactuars do or not.

Kiyo

Cleaned up friend list, added some slots as well. Feel free to add me:

5* 80 Cecil w/ 2* Golem + Provoke

Alright so I have to get a new iPhone since this one is shite, I don't have my account logged via Facebook. If I back up from the cloud...will that keep my data or in order to save my data (for this game) do I HAVE to tie it to a Facebook account?

Heng

Alright so I have to get a new iPhone since this one is shite, I don't have my account logged via Facebook. If I back up from the cloud...will that keep my data or in order to save my data (for this game) do I HAVE to tie it to a Facebook account?
I'm not 100% sure about the cloud, but I wouldn't risk it. If you don't want to tie it to your FB account, why not make a dummy account and tie it to that one? It would suck if you have to start over. :/ Also if you're going from Android to iOS, I don't think the lapis transfers over.

Finally have 2 hero rings on the way :D

Lyrian

I'm not 100% sure about the cloud, but I wouldn't risk it. If you don't want to tie it to your FB account, why not make a dummy account and tie it to that one? It would suck if you have to start over. :/ Also if you're going from Android to iOS, I don't think the lapis transfers over.

Grats on the 30 trophies!

I found out today by complete accident that you can buy your way out of the 3 day wait for a hero ring (not like that there's any rush for them at the moment). Apparently, you can spend 100 lapis to remove one day off the timer of any crafting project. Good to know, I guess.

Lyrian

How do you craft two things at once?

You can purchase up to three additional crafting slots for each type of craft, at increasing costs, by clicking on the big + button underneath the single crafting slot.

First additional slot for each crafting type is 100 lapis, second 200 lapis, and third 300 lapis.

Heng

Grats on the 30 trophies!

I found out today by complete accident that you can buy your way out of the 3 day wait for a hero ring (not like that there's any rush for them at the moment). Apparently, you can spend 100 lapis to remove one day off the timer of any crafting project. Good to know, I guess.
Thanks, I need to make 4 more of them. I want to grind TM instead but I'll get the rings way before I'll get anything from TM.

I remember seeing someone use some app that auto taps for them in this thread, is it against ToS to do that?

CCIE

Banned
Sweet, speculation is that Lenna and WoL will be in the next group of units after Locke and Company leave! I may do one pull to try for Locke or Artemios... Unsure. Anyone who has these units - do you like them?

Spent actually cash for Locke, just because he's the character that got me into the series and RPGs in the first place. I know he's not A tier, but he's A+ in my eyes.

The next island can't come soon enough. I need another summon badly.

Aurizen

I'm finally close to getting the hero ring. What are the materials that are used to make it, and where are the best places to get them?

Heng

I'm finally close to getting the hero ring. What are the materials that are used to make it, and where are the best places to get them?
You'll need 10 fire megacryst, 10 ice megacryst, and 3 silver ores + 4000g. Fire megacryst drops from nodes in Zadehl Wasteland exploration, ice megacryst drops from nodes in Wolfsfang Peak exploration (and I've read somewhere that it also drops in Zanelt Ruins exploration but I haven't checked), and silver ores drop from any nodes on the second island. You should just focus on the ice/fire and you'll naturally get a ton of silver ores.

And a pre-congrats on your 30 achievements!

Lyrian

I just had a semi-miracle evening.

Felt down in the dumps and decided well against my better judgment to burn another summon ticket. Pulled Artemios. That's 2 out of the 3 featured units in only 3 pulls. I'm done with this banner. A shame about Locke. But as he is a 3* base, I'm sure I'll accidentally pull him trying to roll for another unit somewhere down the road.

Then, as I'm typing this, I just finished a Wolfsgang run for Ice Megacrysts to burn stamina. Got 5 in a single run. WTF? That's like all of my luck for the next month right there, lol.

Lyrian

Sweet, speculation is that Lenna and WoL will be in the next group of units after Locke and Company leave! I may do one pull to try for Locke or Artemios... Unsure. Anyone who has these units - do you like them?

Just pulled Artemios, who I was hoping for out of this banner the most. Sadly, he likely won't see action until the next Cactaur Dunes rolls around to get him up to speed.

The next trial that will come out awards a bow that is literally custom made just for him. Coupled with his natively learned Killers, that gives him 6 Killers plus whatever ones an esper provides on top of that. Also, he gets to stack Barrage on top of that. Yummy.

leehom

Was it always this hard to farm sacred and holy crystals? On my soft launch account, I thought it was easy.... Need 15 to up chiz to 5* :(, total of 35 for my whole team to lev 4 and chiz to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom