• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogg

So people who started at GL launch (not soft) what rank are u sitting at? I'm rank 31 and will prolly just farm this game for rank till 40 so when events come I'm set to knock shit out

I'm rank 35. Most of the last 10 ranks is from Hero Rings farming, getting all 54 quests done, and upgrading all 4 espers. I think I'll stop at 8 rings and after that focus on espers (rank and forest) until the next content update.

Heng

Is it worth the lapis to open additional forge slots? Making some of these items takes FOREVER! Hope the Mage's Hat is worth it
Honestly? No, at least I don't think it is. I've unlocked it and I feel the buyer's remorse already. As soon as you finish crafting everything you need, you'll have that extra slot just sitting there. I suppose you could try to get the gold trophy for crafting a crap ton of stuff.

It all comes down to you; do you think the 100 lapis is worth saving days off crafting?

Kouriozan

Finally maxed Shiva, now my Exdeath is sitting at 249 MAG, the highest we can go so far without TM rewards.
Hopefully we'll get the next island soon, I don't feel like grinding TMs even if it would be so worth it for Dual Wield and MAG +30% (Zidane and 2 Shantotto sitting at 4% after 2 weeks >.<)

NomarTyme

Finally maxed Shiva, now my Exdeath is sitting at 249 MAG, the highest we can go so far without TM rewards.
Hopefully we'll get the next island soon, I don't feel like grinding TMs even if it would be so worth it for Dual Wield and MAG +30% (Zidane and 2 Shantotto sitting at 4% after 2 weeks >.<)
Congrat! sucks that we don't have the access to the violent gems in the story yet.
Yeah I tried doing for one day and got 3% bump for Zidane, but I spent a day just to get the 3%.

Celegus

I started at official launch but played a ridiculous amount this past week while stuck in bed (and possibly the next week as well). Rank 26 currently and hopefully close to being able to take on Demon Chimera soon. TM grinding is not something I ever plan to do though, that looks monotonous beyond belief.

I started at official launch but played a ridiculous amount this past week while stuck in bed (and possibly the next week as well). Rank 26 currently and hopefully close to being able to take on Demon Chimera soon. TM grinding is not something I ever plan to do though, that looks monotonous beyond belief.

You're still sick!?

Lyrian

So people who started at GL launch (not soft) what rank are u sitting at? I'm rank 31 and will prolly just farm this game for rank till 40 so when events come I'm set to knock shit out

Hit rank 34 today, could have been higher if I had prioritized rank xp.

Rank 35 is the sweet spot at the moment, as that is 45 energy (aka 3 runs of ADV vortex/2* espers/trials). After that, you would need to reach rank 50 for the next threshold. At the moment, only by grinding 2* espers/trials are you going to reach rank 60 anytime soon.

3 out of 4* espers at 2*s, the last one (golem) should be upgraded by tomorrow-ish.

3 hero rings in the bank, 4th one comes out of the oven tomorrow. Have materials for at least 2 more currently, but forge slots are mostly tied up grinding for the forging trophy.

Focusing on getting as many of the achievement trophies out of the way now (at least the ones that don't take 4-6 months of playing) before events show up and start monopolizing resources and time. Currently at 38 trophies, on the edge of a few more. Probably can get to about 45 before I'm stuck looking at trophies that are far out of my reach.

Azuran

Banned
The first of many:

aqKifEj.jpg

Folstern

I only hit rank 30 today. I am so far behind ;_;. I do have 4 Hero Rings done though so I suppose I need to start prioritizing rank now. Does anyone know if there is another exploration that is going to be coming out that is better for Mega Icecrysts? I feel like it's not even worth running it anymore because of the abysmal drop rate.

NomarTyme

Is it worth it to level up Locke? I'm finding his item steal really useful in farming materials.

That is the point of Locke(extra treasure drop passive ability) and his trust mastery(For Cloud of Death). Mightaswell just max him out unless you got other unit(s) with higher priority.

leehom

Locke's chest rate drop, is that for the explorations? Wouldn't that make it a little easier to farm magicites/megacrystals?

Celegus

You're still sick!?
Turns out getting your tonsils ripped out as an adult is no picnic. I feel just as bad if not worse than I did last week, can still hardly stay awake or eat/drink much of anything. Lost 15 pounds already and I was a super skinny dude to begin with, now I just look deathly. Sweats, chills, pounding headaches, it's getting really old. Don't even have the brainpower to play much other than this game.

NomarTyme

Turns out getting your tonsils ripped out as an adult is no picnic. I feel just as bad if not worse than I did last week, can still hardly stay awake or eat/drink much of anything. Lost 15 pounds already and I was a super skinny dude to begin with, now I just look deathly. Sweats, chills, pounding headaches, it's getting really old. Don't even have the brainpower to play much other than this game.
Holy crap. Stay strong!
Locke's chest rate drop, is that for the explorations? Wouldn't that make it a little easier to farm magicites/megacrystals?

Yeah but it's random though.

You probably look fabulous! Need to get my tonsils ripped out too, easy 15 pounds!

Celegus

You probably look fabulous! Need to get my tonsils ripped out too, easy 15 pounds!
Obviously a joke, but which part of that seemed easy? Pretty sure there's easier ways than living on applesauce and mashed potatoes that also make you feel nauseous and scared to death of vomiting.

Plus I was only 125 pounds at 6 foot to begin with. Living skeleton right now.

Obviously a joke, but which part of that seemed easy? Pretty sure there's easier ways than living on applesauce and mashed potatoes that also make you feel nauseous and scared to death of vomiting.

Beauty is pain.

But yeah that doesn't sound fun at all :(

bonkeng

Wow. You're severely underweight. I'm 5'10 and my ideal weight is 160 pounds.

Stay strong bro, you'll get over this soon.

It's a good thing ffbe is keeping you company :)

Heng

Damn... I hope you get better soon dude.

I did 2 recruits and got Artemis and Locke (which was the one I really wanted). Now time to grind his TM for that throwing item...

Caim

I hope you get well soon!

Rixa

Thanks to Zeromus in Brave-Exvius forum.
Zeromus said:
Here is a cheap and probably the most efficient way to get your Ability Master Gold Trophy...

You will need 5 Baurg, 2* and max level.
Baurg

You enter a battle and spam Chakra. It costs 8mp and gives you back 13 mp. It also restores 30% of your HP so doing this in Earth Shrine (or somewhere easy) you can repeat this indefinitely. If there are no Baurg friends, enter without a friend.

If you have FP to pull 5 Baurgs (2*) and need trophies do this (I havent done it yet, got around 7k abilities used).

I wont do this after I have done the farm I started 17 days ago (about 30 days to go). This is utterly crap :/. Going to farm TM thru normal means after this is finished. Iam not using any macros, normally tapping phone, shitloads of bs :p. Good decision not to do.

I had mine out at 28 last year and had a similar experience. Pretty much just crushed up a pain pill in yogurt every four hours, slept for two and then tried to watch tv until the next dose would knock me out. Was a bad 2 weeks. I know it sucks but drinking room temp water is important helps you heal quicker. Not eating or drinking at all just delays the healing. Feel better duder!

Vex_

Banned

I cannot stress enough that you must eat no matter how much pain you are in. You will not get better quickly unless you force yourself to eat proper at least 3 times a day. Even if you have to drink your food through a straw (fruits/veggies). Eat. SOMETHING.

Please keep your fluids up as well. My brother also loss tons of weight as well, but he got better faster due to keeping up a healthy appetite.

The chills/sweats part worries me though. That usually means there is an infection...

:c

Rixa

28.7.2016 New Island

Edit:

About Ramuh stats & which path to choose, here is info from Brave-Exvius forum where member "Kite" told about Ramuh:

Kite said:
Ramuh has the WORST HP/ATK/DEF stat boost and has the BEST MP/MAG/SPR boosts
He is more into more extreme offensive magic, and he has Osmose in which your best mages will take the steam for this. Especially for Kefka.
The MP Path - +35 & +45, Thunder, Thundara, Banish, Faith, Drain, Osmose, Dispel
The MAG Paths +35/45/55, Deprotect/Shell, and the SPR boosts and Blindna, then the path to Imperil

Celegus

New island this week, nice! Couldn't come at a better time. Decided to hold off on this banner even though Locke is one of my favorite characters. Hopefully enough other people grab him that I can companion him often!

Thanks for all the kind words above, I'm doing the best I can!

Azuran

Banned
Man, I wish there was a better place for farming Fire Megacryst. I feel like I'm wasting both RNG and time everything I enter Zadehl Westersand. The unit EXP just lacks in comparison to Wolfsfang Peak. And the worst part is that there's more battle encounters for less EXP.

I hate this map.

Maledict

So random question. As someone who never really played early JRPGs, are there any early FF games that are worth playing that have the sprites and graphics of this game? I'm thinking FF5 or 6 on the ipad in particular?

I just love the graphical style of everything...

Rixa

Man, I wish there was a better place for farming Fire Megacryst. I feel like I'm wasting both RNG and time everything I enter Zadehl Westersand. The unit EXP just lacks in comparison to Wolfsfang Peak. And the worst part is that there's more battle encounters for less EXP.

I hate this map.

I think Westersands is much easier to run than Wolfsfang Peak. Since you can just swipe to one direction and let the character run and then correct direction. No need to always change direction of character like in WP.
-> Obviously Iam only clearing 3 Nodes in these explorations and wearing Charm Bangle.

In future when 4th map hits

-> There Is the best spot for farming Ores / Ice Megacryst
-> It's a very tiny exploration map, but it has 5 spawn points.
-> Drops stuff like Iron Ores, and even Mythril Ores like candy.

scarlet

So random question. As someone who never really played early JRPGs, are there any early FF games that are worth playing that have the sprites and graphics of this game? I'm thinking FF5 or 6 on the ipad in particular?

I'd say FF 6. I love the mobile version, but the control is the opposite of this game,

As a nurse, I feel like you should call your doctor's office and tell them how you're feeling. The sweating, chills, and complete loss of appetite is a little concerning to me being a week out of your surgery. Infection is always a concern and worries me a lot. I'd rather you be on the safe side and contact your physician just to be safe. Did they send you home on any antibiotics? Also consider picking up some Ensure or Boost shakes from the store. You can get them at Walmart/Walgreens/CVS. They are essentially meals in a drink form. High in protein, glucose, and all the things your body needs to heal and recover. You need to have nutrients in you in order to heal. I get my open heart surgery patients to drink them all the time when they have no appetite.

bonkeng

Different ff has different mechanics.

FF1 = the one that resembles ffbe most. Simple mechanics. Recommended.

FF2 = weird leveling system. You don't level up by earning exp. You level up by using skills or abilities repeatedly. Not recommended.

FF3 = english version is 3d only. Not recommended.

FF4 and After years = the 2d version would've been perfect, but only the 3d is available on android. Not sure on ios though. 2d version highly recommended. 3d version not so much.

FF5 = Best traditional ff jrpg. Open job system, i think dual wield first became famous with this installment. Highly recommended.

FF6 = My personal favorite, plotwise. Memorable characters, i can still remember each and every party members we get to use. Very highly recommended.

FF Dimensions = Unique take on ff5. You play 2 sides, Warriors of Light and Warriors of Darkness. Highly recommended.

I suggest to prioritize 5, 6 and Dimensions over the rest.

If you have a psp, get FF4 After Years asap.

If you want hardcore difficulty, get 2.

Bottom line, you'll enjoy each and every one of it if you like ffbe.

H3xum

Can I get some Esper help/advice?

I currently have a 5* Kefka, Chizu, and Fina (always in my party). Also a 4* Rain, Laswell and Vivi (mostly Vivi and Laswell in my party until 6* Rain comes out global)

Who would you guys assign the Espers too?

Also, what's the general path for spending points on them?

Thanks much

Can I get some Esper help/advice?

I currently have a 5* Kefka, Chizu, and Fina (always in my party). Also a 4* Rain, Laswell and Vivi (mostly Vivi and Laswell in my party until 6* Rain comes out global)

Who would you guys assign the Espers too?

Also, what's the general path for spending points on them?

Thanks much
Kef- Shiva (till Ramuh)
Chi- Ifrit
Fina-Siren
Lass-Golem
Vivi-None (till Ramuh, then Shiva)

IMO level Ifrit to 2* first and try and get the slayers and raging fist. Then Golem follow the path on to get provoke and slayers. Anymore idk, checkout the exvuiswiki on espers for the skill chart and remember sp distribution is permanent

Kef- Shiva (till Ramuh)
Chi- Ifrit
Fina-Siren
Lass-Golem

IMO level Ifrit to 2* first and try and get the slayers and raging fist. Then Golem follow the path on to get provoke and slayers. Anymore idk, checkout the exvuiswiki on espers for the skill chart and remember sp distribution is permanent
Man I feel like I have screwed my Espers up. Hate to hear they are permanent.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So I hit a wall with both Europa and Demon Chimera. I get both down to less than 1/4, but I just run out of MP each time. I need to get my Rain or Lasswell up to 5* and I may have a better shot or another healer.

I also forgot they had defense in the game. So I'll give that a try first.

And get the summons now

-_-

It's prolly not as bad as you're thinking. Once they hit 2*, they rebirth to lvl 1 and retain all SP. So u can lvl them up quicker and get more SP to go wherever u want.

Sidenote: We all are getting 5 summoning tix! https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/757561186695208960
That's good to hear. Hopefully I can still get all the skills I need to get. I mainly messed Golem up I think and made him more of a mage esper rather than a tank esper. Didn't research it and just thought I needed the MG+ rather than defensive stuff. Oh well, he's only level 10 so it's probably pretty salvageable.

Lyrian

That's good to hear. Hopefully I can still get all the skills I need to get. I mainly messed Golem up I think and made him more of a mage esper rather than a tank esper. Didn't research it and just thought I needed the MG+ rather than defensive stuff. Oh well, he's only level 10 so it's probably pretty salvageable.

Oh, yeah. That's easily salvagable without a need for a reset. By the time Golem is completedly maxed out at 2*, you will have earned 70 levels worth of SP. Plenty enough to go around and hit all the skillsets needed on him.

Lyrian

It's prolly not as bad as you're thinking. Once they hit 2*, they rebirth to lvl 1 and retain all SP. So u can lvl them up quicker and get more SP to go wherever u want.

Sidenote: We all are getting 5 summoning tix! https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/757561186695208960

Woot! I like free pulls.

Lol at the 50 baby cactuars though. What exactly are we going to do that? The only thing I can think of is to feed them to summoned 1/2* FP units and sell them for gil. Otherwise, feeding 50 babies to units is going to bankrupt people.

H3xum

Kef- Shiva (till Ramuh)
Chi- Ifrit
Fina-Siren
Lass-Golem

Thank you. Raging fist sounds like Lightshell?

Woohoo. Will hold onto these for my Lightening pull. Tho I will surely only need one of them.

Is the plan to slowly release everyone? I really want a Squall #TeamEmo

Lyrian

28.7.2016 New Island

Awesome info, thanks for post it Rixa.

I'm glad to see new areas. But, I'm also afraid at this point that because I am sure that because I have a fully leveled team now, I'll blow through all of the new content in 2 days, 3 max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom