• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Deleted some less active friends - so i have 5 free spots open.

My ID

Please only add/invite if you are a daily player/gifter. Otherwise you probably will also be deleted after a couple days.
I just had a semi-miracle evening.

Felt down in the dumps and decided well against my better judgment to burn another summon ticket. Pulled Artemios. That's 2 out of the 3 featured units in only 3 pulls. I'm done with this banner. A shame about Locke. But as he is a 3* base, I'm sure I'll accidentally pull him trying to roll for another unit somewhere down the road.

Then, as I'm typing this, I just finished a Wolfsgang run for Ice Megacrysts to burn stamina. Got 5 in a single run. WTF? That's like all of my luck for the next month right there, lol.

Congrats on that pull - so you got 2 featured units within 2 pulls ? Impressive ? I will give the current rotation a shot with my free ticket. Hoping for Locke or Artemios...well or Cecil/Firion/CoD or the other Top Tier units lol.

Talking about Ice Megcrystals...this was me yesterday. I was like...wut...
screenshot_2016-07-22x5zlh.png

Rixa

When I did run Wolffangs Peak for Ice MC, I typically got around 0.5 Ice MC per run. I think they havent changed rates since beta, thus expect to get similar results nowadays.

OMG, so lucky, I put my second ring to craft today

0 or 1 Ice Megacryst per run in Wolfsfang Peak almost every time, but the Fire was easy 2 or 3 per exploration, I've collect in total 20 Ice and 34 Water in Wolfsfang.

Now that I see that, a question. Do extra crafting slots last forever? If so, investing in a couple of each seems a rather sensible idea.

Xion86

Hero's Ring only benefits certain characters though right? I remember some details about that early on in this thread. I see people creating so many.

Okay got 75% of health down on Europa yesterday. I think I can do it with my new team of Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Kefka and Terra. Just need to max out Terra and Kefka first.

Where is the best staff right now for the mages? Just got two Iron Rods and Cherry for Fina.

Rixa

Hero's Ring only benefits certain characters though right? I remember some details about that early on in this thread. I see people creating so many.
+10% atk & +10% mag and +3 def & spr. % is from base stats, sometimes hyper wrist is better. I have 4 HR going later to craft more.

Okay got 75% of health down on Europa yesterday. I think I can do it with my new team of Rain, Lasswell, Fina, Kefka and Terra. Just need to max out Terra and Kefka first.

Where is the best staff right now for the mages? Just got two Iron Rods and Cherry for Fina.
Ice Rod ala colosseum I think. I've been running Golem esper battle 2* for rank and out of 15 battles, I've gotten 6 holy crystals and 4 sacred crystals! RNG may be on my side but I think this the new spot to load up on shit if u want rank over mats!

scarlet

+10% atk & +10% mag and +3 def & spr. % is from base stats, sometimes hyper wrist is better. I have 4 HR going later to craft more.

Yup, my HR works better for my exdeath than my chizu

Xion86

Oh I just saw I could craft a Wizards Staff too.

So HR is 10+ attack, well that's all mine shows. Does it have any other additional properties? Surely the Def and Spr from the Hero's Ring, added with the Attack would help more? I guess I'm missing something....

Edit: ahh wait, just re read what Rixa said, the 10% on the Hero's is from the characters base stats and not a straight up +10 attack?

scarlet

So HR is 10+ attack, well that's all mine shows. Does it have any other additional properties? Surely the Def and Spr from the Hero's Ring, added with the Attack would help more? I guess I'm missing something....

Edit: ahh wait, just re read what Rixa said, the 10% on the Hero's is from the characters base stats and not a straight up +10 attack?

If you want a +10 attack you go with hyper wrist

Rixa

It is from base. But HR gives +10% to ATK & MAG and +3 to def & spr.

Dragner

HR are super good for mages. Then for physical is only slightly better than hyper wrist for chizuru and CoD. Its not worth it right now. BUT, they will be incredible for 6* forms because higher stats so its a good idea start farming them.

Nohar

I'll switch to Golbez as my shared unit once he reaches level 70+. With two hero rings, he should be able to pull his weight, though he won't be able to compete with a good Kefka or Exdeath (I don't understand why he doesn't get any +XX% MAG ability...). Goodbye Edgar, you had your hour of glory.

Lyrian

Adding onto Rixa and Scarlet's discussion of Hero Rings:

The current problem with hero rings is that because they are percentage based in stat growth, they require a character with 100 base ATK to break even with a Hyper Writt (there is no mage equivalent currently, so Hero Rings are a big plus for them). With 5*s being the highest rarity, very few characters can grow their base ATK to a high enough level (110+) to really be better than a Hyper Wrist.

When characters start obtaining 6* forms, Hero Rings will be clearly the better choice for ATK (until of course something better comes along like the ring upgrade recipes for >30 trophies introduced in JP this week).

Lyrian

Congrats on that pull - so you got 2 featured units within 2 pulls ? Impressive ? I will give the current rotation a shot with my free ticket. Hoping for Locke or Artemios...well or Cecil/Firion/CoD or the other Top Tier units lol.

Thanks! 2 in 3 pulls, actually. A far cry from my typical very poor PAD-pulling luck. So far, the rates during a banner for a featured unit here are much more generous than PAD, Granted, in reality, these are really just the equivalent of standard pantheon gods in PAD and nothing like a rare godfest pull (that would be Lightning, etc. here).

Still, it is nice to be able to build up a solid set of good cards now before the unit pool becomes clogged with a billion or so units (like PAD). Reddit says 1 in 3 chance to pull any one of the three banner characters, so best of luck (why can't PAD have those kinds of draw rates?).

CCIE

Banned
I'm still conflicted on whether to pull - I'd like to have Artemios or Locke. But I already spend a crazy amount of time in the Advanced Vortex leveling up what I currently have. I also replaced Chizuru in my share with my maxed Kefka. I think people like a nuke, and he will be fully decked out by the end of the day, minus hero rings - dude is crazy powerful. I'm still two achievements short of the recipe for the ring though.

By the end of the day today, should have a max level Garland as well. Then have to finish up Celes, and finally Terra. Should have those maxed and be almost done with the Colosseum by the end of the week - hopefully.

Aurizen

You'll need 10 fire megacryst, 10 ice megacryst, and 3 silver ores + 4000g. Fire megacryst drops from nodes in Zadehl Wasteland exploration, ice megacryst drops from nodes in Wolfsfang Peak exploration (and I've read somewhere that it also drops in Zanelt Ruins exploration but I haven't checked), and silver ores drop from any nodes on the second island. You should just focus on the ice/fire and you'll naturally get a ton of silver ores.

And a pre-congrats on your 30 achievements!

awesome! Thank you!

Mugaaz

So what is after the hero ring? I'm spamming potions like crazy to see if I can get the hero ring recipe

JP just release rings past hero ring at 40/50/60/70 achievements. The top one gives 50% boost to just about everything, and needs 3 hero rings and a bunch of other items to craft. So yeah, there's that.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Quick question about steal.

I've manage to get the recipe for it and thinking of throwing it on my Rain or Bartz.

But I've been reading up characters with natural steal have a much better chance at it. Sadly, I don't even have a Paul and only have the 2* guy. So is that true? And would it be better to have it on a non natural character?

NomarTyme

I've manage to get the recipe for it and thinking of throwing it on my Rain or Bartz.

But I've been reading up characters with natural steal have a much better chance at it. Sadly, I don't even have a Paul and only have the 2* guy. So is that true? And would it be better to have it on a non natural character?
Zidane is the only one I can think of that has 100% steal at level 79. I think most everybody is the same.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, basically the ONLY way to get some of these trophies is to spam the crap out of the lowest denominator. Going to have to start making bronze daggers in mass, and potions as well

Yogg

Is there any reason to keep those 10% elemental resist rings ? I need to make some room in my inventory, and they don't seem that useful to me.

Lyrian

Paul is a 2* FP unit.

As someone who is slugging their way through the steal trophy, I can definitely say that thief characters have a better base steal rate than non-thief characters.

I'm also moderately suspicious at this point that steal's success rate is not a flat rate, as the wiki states. There is definitely a level check between the character attempting to steal and the target. Being far above or below the target's level (+/- 10 levels in my opinion) will significantly influence steal's success rates.

CCIE

Banned
Is it worth the lapis to open additional forge slots? Making some of these items takes FOREVER! Hope the Mage's Hat is worth it

Lyrian

Wow, basically the ONLY way to get some of these trophies is to spam the crap out of the lowest denominator. Going to have to start making bronze daggers in mass, and potions as well

Yup.

I've been trying to get these out of the way now and never ever look back at them again. Especially since JP's new ring achievements just added more trophies and didn't raise the bar on any of the existing ones. So, once done, good riddance.

That said, the crafting trophies are ugly grind. 1000 combines doesn't seem bad at first, until you factor in time, crafting slots needed for each crafting style, gil needed for each combine, and of course acquiring the actual materials needed for the 1000 combines (x3). I'll be happy when this is over.

Current strategy is this:

-- Farm Phantom/Westersand/Wolfsgang collection points as fast as possible.
-- Iron ore --> Forge--> Iron helms
-- Copper ore --> Synthesizing --> Shurikens
-- Everything else --> Abilities --> Whatever you got on hand, use friend request for extra crysts when needed.

*** Beware of what you craft when creating abilities. Unlike the other two categories, the gil cost per combine is dependent upon the magic level of the recipe. This can get ludicrously expensive fast if you are not paying attention to what you are crafting. Always try to craft level 1 or 2 spells whenever possible. Crafting level 3 or higher spells will bankrupt you faster than cactaur dunes.

Lyrian

Just remember, stealing in Colosseum doesn't give points to steal trophy.

QFT.

Also, anything you do in the Colosseum does not count for any trophy outside of wins/points/participation. That includes spell/ability use/limit breaking, and so on.

Yogg

QFT.

Also, anything you do in the Colosseum does not count for any trophy outside of wins/points/participation. That includes spell/ability use/limit breaking, and so on.

To add to that, killing certain monsters in colosseum doesn't count towards quest completion either. I found it out with Hungers. I had only the Hunger Games quest left and didn't feel like farming deserted road for days, and I was hoping for the colosseum appearances to take care of it. They didn't count.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, but using items trophy... what crap is that? If I bring Bartz along as a guest, does his auto-potion count as a use for me toward the trophy? I'm just making potions as fast as possible and stocking up on them.

Then i will just take Bartz with me on explorations, and that should fix it if that works. If not, maybe I can draw him, or I just have to remember to use potions in explorations.

Mugaaz

If you need 70 achievements, and they don't release any new ones that don't exist in JP you will need to get every achievement except 10k wins/fights in Colosseum+pvp and 1 extra. That 1 extra goes to the hardest remaining, which is going to be the gold tier esper summon. I can think of ways to macro the rest, but I don't see a way to effectively macro that many esper summons. If anyone has an idea let me know, but I'm not seeing it.

Yeah, but using items trophy... what crap is that? If I bring Bartz along as a guest, does his auto-potion count as a use for me toward the trophy? I'm just making potions as fast as possible and stocking up on them.

Then i will just take Bartz with me on explorations, and that should fix it if that works. If not, maybe I can draw him, or I just have to remember to use potions in explorations.

You know that's an amazing thought...but I don't think it counts >.<

I need another Cactuar Event STAT, not wasting 30 energy to level up a character ONCE.

Faenix1

Any tips for trophy farming? Need 9 more to unlock Hero Ring recipe. Been making Wooden Hammers weapons and Shuriken items. (Ran out of Alcryst and too lazy to get more) also been using abilities and magic in every fight, since I've been lazy and auto-ing everything like an idiot. lol

These last 9 trophies are gonna take me ages. These are pretty much the trophies I need to work on, and most of 'em are gonna take forever. Any tips to help speed it up?
6 awakens, 8 more quests, 71 equipment - 88 abilities - 59 items to make, 356 gifts to give, 538 gifts to receive, 97 items to use since I barely use items right now, 78 esper to use, 531 magic to use, 599 abilities to use, 2 more items stolen

Also, do FP summons no longer give cactaurs? Finally 5* my exdeath but only had enough to get him to L40, and I got Fina waiting to be awakened to 5*. Have to run the EXP vortex a bunch, I guess. I don't find the esper chamber that's open all that worth it to run, honestly.

546,523,554 - Got open slots, feel free to add me.

Black Mages (Exdeath, Kefka, Shantotto) should be equipped with rods and mage gear boosting MAG.

White Mages (Fina) should be equipped with staves and other gear boosting SPR.

Thanks. Gave Fina a bow because she started with one.

How are u strolling thru this game thinking it's cool to give Kefka a werebuster haha

Honestly? Because that's what optimize gave him. lol

Yogg

Any tips for trophy farming? Need 9 more to unlock Hero Ring recipe. Been making Wooden Hammers weapons and Shuriken items. (Ran out of Alcryst and too lazy to get more)l

Go to a town -> town menu ->ability shop -> buy alcryst. You can't be THAT lazy if you're willing to farm trophies for the ring.

I got my recipe without doing anything out of the ordinary. Tho I did spend many lapis in expanding my friendlist, and that probably got me a few bonus trophies (and many cactuars). Complete all your dailies, try to use all your colosseum points, have a stealer in your parties, use your limits and summons when they're available. That's basically it. That should get you the recipe in a few days, or weeks at most.

Any tips for trophy farming? Need 9 more to unlock Hero Ring recipe. Been making Wooden Hammers weapons and Shuriken items. (Ran out of Alcryst and too lazy to get more) also been using abilities and magic in every fight, since I've been lazy and auto-ing everything like an idiot. lol

These last 9 trophies are gonna take me ages. These are pretty much the trophies I need to work on, and most of 'em are gonna take forever. Any tips to help speed it up?

Also, do FP summons no longer give cactaurs? Finally 5* my exdeath but only had enough to get him to L40, and I got Fina waiting to be awakened to 5*. Have to run the EXP vortex a bunch, I guess. I don't find the esper chamber that's open all that worth it to run, honestly.

546,523,554 - Got open slots, feel free to add me.

Thanks. Gave Fina a bow because she started with one.

Honestly? Because that's what optimize gave him. lol

1.) The easiest trophies are those that you can spam in one battle lol Without question the steal, items, and ability ones are no brainers,

2.) The Cactuar and Turtle prizes were just for that event that was going on; same for the enhanced success bit.

3.) Get the damn werebuster off of Kefka.

MrDaravon

Is the current banner worth pulling on? I'm still very early on (only Rank 12), my notable (?) characters are a 4* Chizuru, 2 3* Kefkas, 2 3* Vivis, 3* Krile, 4* Luna and a 4* Cerius. I've got 4 summon tickets and ~2k Lapis, I've heard Locke kinda sucks but no idea on these other two featured ones.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Is the current banner worth pulling on? I'm still very early on (only Rank 12), my notable (?) characters are a 4* Chizuru, 2 3* Kefkas, 2 3* Vivis, 3* Krile, 4* Luna and a 4* Cerius. I've got 4 summon tickets and ~2k Lapis, I've heard Locke kinda sucks but no idea on these other two featured ones.

If you got a Chiz and Kefka, you're fine. The new batch is meh.

MrDaravon

Ignore, double post somehow >_>

Edit: Oh weird, it didn't double post everything. My 2nd question was how high at this point I should bump up my Friends List and Materials slots, was told those were the things I should get up first, especially Friends List so I can keep trying to add new friends for FP gifts. Have my friends list at 50 and Materials at 60 I think right now, that good for the moment?

CCIE

Banned
I will probably use some of my free summon tickets for a yolo pull off the banner. Haven't decided yet. All I know is the odds are totally against me getting anything good on any of the future banners which all seem like 4* base units. I may not be pulling again for quite awhile.

Yogg

I think I'll pass on this banner. The only very interesting thing I could see in the long term is the Locke TM for CoD, but I already have many TMs to farm that I'll never have the time to finish.

Lyrian

Sent a friend request.

Speeding things up means figuring out how to stack trophy completion at the same time.

Looking at your list...

-- Quests: There are 54 in GL right now, you only need 40. You can pretty much skirt around all the pain in the rear kill quests and clear out the easier ones. Just keep doing them.

-- Crafting: Time sink pretty much. Buying a second slot for each crafting type for 100 lapis helps out a lot if you are in a rush.

-- Items: Throw all sorts of consumables into the item window and go into the 1 energy earth shrine dungeon (or exploration). Just sit there and burn all the consumables and clear the round. Rinse and repeat a few times to get to 100. You can buy attacking consumables in the items shops in the cities, especially on the 2nd isle (like Grandport)

-- Awakenings: This is a stackable trophy series with Gillionaire, and low hanging fruit. Do the following:

*** Summon a bunch of FP units, at least 5, a 10 pull is fine.
*** Drag 5 1*s into ADV XP Vortex with max level friend Kefka, Exdeath, or Chizuru.
*** Have the friend unit solo the Vortex (your units do not need to live to the end and probably will not.
*** All 1*s will be maxed out, awaken them for +5 awaken credits for the trophy.

(Stackable portion)

*** Run ADV XP Vortex again with your now 2* level 1 set of 5 units, same as before, with a maxed out Kefka, Exdeath, or Chizuru.
*** Your units will level to 17 or 18.
*** Sell the five units for approximately 25k gil towards the Gillionaire trophy (silver only needs 100k).

-- Most of the rest is just active playing of the game to be honest and will come with time. Some of these trophies are not really completable in under 3 months or so, but you do not need to any of those at gold status for the Hero Ring recipe.

Azuran

Banned
Leveling is such a pain. I should have fought the White Dragon a long time ago but pulling Garland made me delay that because I want to get him to a decent level before giving it a try.

He's level 58 right so he's should be a 5* soon. Now I just need to move through the Colosseum quickly so I can grab that axe because Murasame is already reserved for Chizuru.

So people who started at GL launch (not soft) what rank are u sitting at? I'm rank 31 and will prolly just farm this game for rank till 40 so when events come I'm set to knock shit out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom