• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Got a 4th Luna. One more and I'll start to farm for Barrage. Barrage on any character will be so amazing lol

Also yay, 5th Esper!

Gin

i really like Locke's ability as I love to steal from everything.. wasnt planning to pull but i did a few pulls and got the following

Cecil - 3 star
Chizuru - 4 star
Hayate - 3 star
Hayate - 3 star
Vivi - 3 star
Locke - 4 star

Overall, I never got Chizuru from when he was in banner - was very surprised
Also super happy with Locke

Now I just need a cactuar event.. these 5 star dudes are hard af to level

Edit: Not sure about Hayate - is this dude any good - any advice ??

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
i really like Locke's ability as I love to steal from everything.. wasnt planning to pull but i did a few pulls and got the following

Cecil - 3 star
Chizuru - 4 star
Hayate - 3 star
Hayate - 3 star
Vivi - 3 star
Locke - 4 star

You're making me want to pull.... Cecil, Chiz, and Locke. Q_Q

Cecil - 3 star
Chizuru - 4 star
Hayate - 3 star
Hayate - 3 star
Vivi - 3 star
Locke - 4 star

I love having Locke so much

Cant wait to eventually get all the FF6 crew

Kouriozan

Wow, gratz, that's amazing.
I really need Cecil when we'll start getting the hard events.

Hayate seems to be the same power as Lasswell, alright but not amazing.

Lyrian

Nah peeps, we ain't never gettin the most popular characters in RPG history in this game. Let that dream die

/Looks at avatar and user name.... right......

It is only a matter of time before the main characters of the remaining games are released. Think of this this way. The longer the delay in releasing those characters, the more overpowered they will be because of power creep.

After all, you wouldn't want to be overshadowed by Lightning, now would you?

Kouriozan

Final Fantasy 7/8/10 characters will certainly introduce new gameplay features. Just like how Lightning was the very first 6* unit (and she's still the top one in Japan several months later)

Celegus

Gotta keep people interested / coming back somehow. What better way than FF 7/8/10 characters once it's been out for a while and people arent playing as much? VIII in particular will grab me pretty good.

Slaythe

Gotta keep people interested / coming back somehow. What better way than FF 7/8/10 characters once it's been out for a while and people arent playing as much? VIII in particular will grab me pretty good.

It has a secret of mana cross over.

The day people leave this game, Chrono Trigger is coming.

And the world will cease to exist as we know it.

And I'm spending 500 bucks on this.

I'm unsure what I should do with my teams right now. I have Chizuru, Cecil, Firion, Vaan, Kefka, Golbez, Vivi, Shantoto, Krile, Fina.

Would it be best to run an physical, mage or a mixed team? I was thinking of going 4 physicals + healer, but the Espers seem to be better suited for a mixed team of Physical DPS (Ifrit), Tank (Golem), Two Mages (Ramuh, Shiva) and a Healer (Siren).

CCIE

Banned
With that team you are missing a premium mage. I'd go all physical with green magic on Cecil for barfira, barblizzara ,barthundara. And cheer the hell out of everything. FB with Vaan, increased defense with Cecil, Attack with Firion and Chizuru, and Cheer with Fina.

You'd kill all available content with that setup

It has a secret of mana cross over.

The day people leave this game, Chrono Trigger is coming.

And the world will cease to exist as we know it.

And I'm spending 500 bucks on this.

Chrono Trigger collab would be insane

The sprite work in this game is fantastic and my main draw to it among other things

Also can i just say how awesome all the character and item desciptions are?

So much thought and detail was put into the write ups

Like seriously they even took the time to do a full character synopsis acroos their multiple evolutions

I think i spent an hour last night reading then and wallowing in nostalgia

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
While I do love this game, I have to admit that the number of people on my friend's list who stop playing the game is far higher than in any other gacha game I've played before. Each day I'm deleting 3 or 4 people who haven't logged in within the last 3 days.

Slaythe

While I do love this game, I have to admit that the number of people on my friend's list who stop playing the game is far higher than in any other gacha game I've played before. Each day I'm deleting 3 or 4 people who haven't logged in within the last 3 days.

People that "play for fun" probably reached end of content.

They couldn't care less about hero rings and maxing out espers ^^ .

I love the animations and sprite work.

But what I really love is that every character is unique really. And that you can evolve any unit into their full powered version.

This is what makes this game stand out IMO. Very refreshing, it's the opposite of lazy.

I don't really see myself stopping this game. It has all the little things I love in RPG's.

Celegus

This is the first game anything like this I've ever tried, so I was completely lost when people were talking about 4* this and 5* that and what energy even meant. I probably wouldn't stick with it if it wasn't FF-flavored to be honest, but nostalgia and fantastic art/music can go a long way.

c-murph

Three days really isn't that long of a time.

Kouriozan

Shame I can't upgrade my friend list more (130 max), I'm also playing everyday.
57 consecutive days and counting, not going to drop this game, I am even liking the grind.

qPYLsrOl.jpg

I'm glad the game looks to be successful outside of Japan (5M download, we're getting 5 tickets 50 metal minituars as a gift)

LuuKyK

Chizuru is a she right? I've seen a bunch of people calling her a he in this thread. lol Very confused.

Good that we are getting some tickets for free, will definitely save them for a better banner promo later on.

But god, leveling up through the vortex is just so slow after that Cactuar event. Ugh.

Dragner

Benched my Firion for Kefka, basically I had him for Bladeblitz AOE but kefka is going to do more damage basically always, probably getting him back on the team when I get my hand on the bow from third trial.

CCIE

Banned
Damn... three more levels on Ifrit to unlock his 2* and I can stop farming the damn Phantom Forest nonstop - need some Rank before new content hits (Takes FOREVER!). Also have enough to make my first hero ring. I need more Locke friends.

Got a 4th Luna. One more and I'll start to farm for Barrage. Barrage on any character will be so amazing lol

Also yay, 5th Esper!

What do you mean farm for barrage my Luna is at 25% already. Do you mean just run like earth shrine for chance at raising the trust?

CCIE

Banned
I have so much silver ore I have to sell some off. Over 240 pieces trying to get Ifrit up to 2* form. It's crazy how much magicite it takes. Do I need any magicite shards for future quest? I'm going to dump them all into him if not...

Syrus

Banned
I hate you all.

Used two rare tickers , got anzelm and shantotto

FML , just wanted Locke. Not gonna use my Lapis. Going to save for Lightning now

Heng

Damn... three more levels on Ifrit to unlock his 2* and I can stop farming the damn Phantom Forest nonstop - need some Rank before new content hits (Takes FOREVER!). Also have enough to make my first hero ring. I need more Locke friends.
I've found that Zadehl Wasteland was much better for leveling Ifrit since it dropped so many red magicite/megacite and at the same time I was able to get fire megacryst as well. I'm currently leveling my Locke if you want to add me, although it'll be a few weeks before I'm able to get him to 5 star + 80.

My ID is 388,551,911

CCIE

Banned
It's absolute potluck... I think you need to pull at least three minimum on a decent banner to assure yourself of a non-sucky unit. Even then it isn't a sure thing, but the odds are better.

Dragner

I pulled once got Hayate. Just pulled for a decent TM so not complaining. Locke would be great because I have CoD but Im not pulling more.

CCIE

Banned
Will do that... I need a break from the damn forest. I swear by the time this is done I will never need heaven's ash or any of the awakening materials except for sacred crystals ever again.

I have so much silver ore I have to sell some off. Over 240 pieces trying to get Ifrit up to 2* form. It's crazy how much magicite it takes. Do I need any magicite shards for future quest? I'm going to dump them all into him if not...

I'd dump everything into him. Even if there are more quests for it, normal Magicite is pretty easy to come by. Feed the beast.

O wait, you have Kefka. Lose Cecil and go full on Nuke

So, after the new isle hits I should run this setup?

Chizuru - Ifrit | Barrage / Light Shell spam
Vaan - Shiva | Full Break spam
Firion - Golem | Bladeblitz spam (Is Drain Blade any good?)
Kefka - Ramuh | Heartless Angel / Hyperdrive spam
Fina - Siren | Cheer + healing

I also have a few questions, mostly regarding stacking:
- Can status effects like Poison and Paralyze be refreshed before their 3 turns run out or would reapplication only work after it's worn out?
- Do the normal Breaks (15% debuffs) and/or De-protect/shell (20% debuffs) stack with Full Break (30% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR debuff)?
- Does Chizuru's Nonpareil (20% ATK buff) stack with Fina's Cheer (40% ATK/DEF buff)?
- Does Protect (20% DEF buff) stack with Cheer and/or Cecil's LB (40+% DEF/SPR buff)?

CCIE

Banned
I could be wrong, but I don't think stacking works. And yes, that is the setup you should run for now. Kefka is insanely powerful once you get him to 80 and equip him. Mine has the black robe, will soon have a hero ring, ice rod, mage hat, etc... his MAG stat is insane considering I haven't even upped his Esper yet. I actually moved him to my share until I have Chiz over 300 attack...

And he can one shot lots of stuff...

CCIE

Banned
After the new island hits I have some decisions to make from what I can tell

Chizuru/Ifrit
Kefka/Ramuh
Garland/Golem
Celes/Shiva
Terra/Siren

I run Fina in the Colosseum, but I still want to one day have Ultima so Terra runs my normal party. Besides, I slapped Cura on Celes as a second healer. Still waiting for another cactuar event to level Celes and Terra. All others are maxed. Oh, and get this. You can one shot Mahadeva with Terra's Raise. I never knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom