• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
Complete and utter annihilation. It felt so good!

gu4gHNI.jpg

Xion86

i really like Locke's ability as I love to steal from everything.. wasnt planning to pull but i did a few pulls and got the following

Cecil - 3 star
Chizuru - 4 star
Hayate - 3 star
Hayate - 3 star
Vivi - 3 star
Locke - 4 star

Overall, I never got Chizuru from when he was in banner - was very surprised
Also super happy with Locke

Now I just need a cactuar event.. these 5 star dudes are hard af to level

Edit: Not sure about Hayate - is this dude any good - any advice ??

Damn lucky!! I tried for Chizuru just before her rate up ended...over 55 tickets and no luck!! :( Kefka and Terra were the only decent two.

Anyway, nice to hear about the new content! Currently trying to max out my newly obtained Kefka and Terra.

CCIE

Banned
Xion - you can put Hayate in your party and do nothing but use shrikens all day long ;) Those are a lot of good units. What are you going to run with?

Holy shit, and 50 metal minituars? Guess I can stop leveling up my last two 5*'s and just grind rank xp for a while.

How much money have people been spending on this game? So far I've only bought the "early player" bundle thing, but I've been real tempted to whale on this game for more tickets. I don't even have any content I haven't been able to clear, I just kinda want Locke to make grinding for items easier.

Pejo

Maxed out Ifrit 2* finally, I guess I'll work on Golem -> Shiva -> Siren in that order to finish up the rest.

I think I'm going to make Locke my Friend character for a change up. Everyone seems to have Kefka, Chiz, Exdeath or Cecil right now.

What's the current best non-TM weapon for Locke in Global?

Heng

Holy shit, and 50 metal minituars? Guess I can stop leveling up my last two 5*'s and just grind rank xp for a while.
This is fantastic!

Perfect timing!
I might be wrong, but aren't the minituars the small ones that give 2k XP? You're going to need a lot of Gil if you're planning to use it on any high level characters.

I'm probably going to save my ticket for a different rate up event, Locke was the only one I wanted from this batch. I'll use my minitaurs on Baurug to do the 10k ability achievement that Rixa mentioned a few pages back, either that or give them to random FP characters and sell them.

Maxed out Ifrit 2* finally, I guess I'll work on Golem -> Shiva -> Siren in that order to finish up the rest.

I think I'm going to make Locke my Friend character for a change up. Everyone seems to have Kefka, Chiz, Exdeath or Cecil right now.

So interesting thing about Locke... I almost feel like he works better as a support unit

He gets access to all the lvl3 green defensive spells and bio blaster

And the Sleep Knife, Superior Blade and Main Gauche.... Does the Main Gauge have a special ability? I dont even think evasion is a thing or statistic in the meta

Pejo

So interesting thing about Locke... I almost feel like he works better as a support unit

He gets access to all the lvl3 green defensive spells and bio blaster

And the Sleep Knife, Superior Blade and Main Gauche.... Does the Main Gauge have a special ability? I dont even think evasion is a thing or statistic in the meta

Yea that's a good point. And he'll have explosive fist from Ifrit, and some break and killer effects, so not totally useless in a fight. I think I'll go Superior Blade. That blind is really nice on bosses.

How much money have people been spending on this game? So far I've only bought the "early player" bundle thing, but I've been real tempted to whale on this game for more tickets. I don't even have any content I haven't been able to clear, I just kinda want Locke to make grinding for items easier.

Haven't spent too much on the game yet. Got the Early Bird Bundle and I've bought a few of the 99¢ Iron Chests. I've had a few good pulls along the way so I haven't felt the need to buy any lapis outside of the Early Bird purchase.

You might want to hold off working on the other espers until you snag Ramuh in a few days. Earlier post said Ramuh is great for mages.

I might be wrong, but aren't the minituars the small ones that give 2k XP? You're going to need a lot of Gil if you're planning to use it on any high level characters.

I think they give 5k xp, but yeah I didn't consider the cost. I have 100,000 gil right now, so I can probably afford to do it one at a time, but I might just do it in batches of 5 to save time/gil.

CCIE

Banned
I'm not sure yet. Might use the mini cactuars on my low-level 4* units to level Rain. Also, fuse them to some FP summons and sell them for cash. Not going to be doing much leveling with those without becoming broke seriously quickly.

Besides, I think the cactuars will be back again next week. Gil turtles this week.

Gin

Damn lucky!! I tried for Chizuru just before her rate up ended...over 55 tickets and no luck!! :( Kefka and Terra were the only decent two.

Anyway, nice to hear about the new content! Currently trying to max out my newly obtained Kefka and Terra.

Well to be honest - when Kefka, Golbez and Chizuru banner were up - I did an 11 ticket pull ....

and got 3 Kefkas, 1 Golbez and whole bunch of other 3 star trash

Kefkas and Golbez seemed really common from other people's comments so it was meh

Didn't get Chizuru then (which is what I was really aiming for) - so was very surprised to get her now

I guess it is best to pull without wanting anything - otherwise good chance you gonna end up disappointed

I'm not sure yet. Might use the mini cactuars on my low-level 4* units to level Rain. Also, fuse them to some FP summons and sell them for cash. Not going to be doing much leveling with those without becoming broke seriously quickly.

Besides, I think the cactuars will be back again next week. Gil turtles this week.

Oh yknow this will be a good chance to get awakening trophies for the FP units.

CCIE

Banned
I'm indifferent on the current banner, so I think I will save my tickets and wait for the next one. They are all three star base so I will probably end up with one down the road anyway. I'm starting to get the nuances of how this game works. Grind-fest! I will use some of the mini cactuars on Rain, and some on FP units. Garland will be maxed tomorrow with the necessary three vortex runs. Then I will probably level Celes some, or Terra. They are both near L60 so a long way to go - save them for the next set of cactuars, hopefully next week.

It takes a LOT of willpower not to pull though. I'd like a new unit to play with ;)

chrono01

I'm pretty excited for new story content.

(Still need Cactuar, but story content is good too.)

Edit: Wait, we're getting Mini Cactuar too! \o/

When do we get more freebies for the game?!
The FF portal app says the following:
"To commemorate the milestone and thank fans for their continued support, players who log into FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS from July 26th 12:00 a.m. ~ July 30th 11:59 p.m. Pacific will receive a total of five rare Summon Tickets and 50 Metal Minituars."
Some are speculating that means 1 ticket and 10 minituars a day.

Now question for me is who do I use them on; second copy of Kefka or Vivi. Not sure if 3rd Island gives a new story character.

It is daft the two part tweet just says "5 million downloads so 5 rare Summon Tickets and 50 Metal Minituars enjoys" basically :(

chrono01

The FF portal app says the following:

Some are speculating that means 1 ticket and 10 minituars a day.

Now question for me is who do I use them on; second copy of Kefka or Vivi. Not sure if 3rd Island gives a new story character.

It is daft the two part tweet just says "5 million downloads so 5 rare Summon Tickets and 50 Metal Minituars enjoys" basically :(
Yeah, the mention of "total" makes me think it'll be spread over the five days.

As for who to spend it on, if you don't have anyone useful (aside from the second Kefka/Vivi), you could always save it. Considering how difficult XP is to get for your units (you get so little from the EXP Vortex!), I wouldn't use it on a character that I didn't absolutely need.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Three days really isn't that long of a time.

In these kinds of games, I've found that people either play regularly or quit forever. 3 days is pretty much quit range, generally.

This is the first game anything like this I've ever tried, so I was completely lost when people were talking about 4* this and 5* that and what energy even meant. I probably wouldn't stick with it if it wasn't FF-flavored to be honest, but nostalgia and fantastic art/music can go a long way.

Being FF is what draws people (including me) to the game in the first place. There's definitely a learning curve, but it's really helpful for beginners to start the game at launch rather than join after a year or two when the content is overwhelming.

I don't really see myself stopping this game. It has all the little things I love in RPG's.

Added :)

c-murph

C-murph - I like your Locke. I use him whenever available ;)

Trying to leveling him to Lv.80 but it's a grind without the infinite FP and the Cactaur Dunes... Hopefully, By Tomorrow then I can start looking for some better armor and weapons.

Feep

Banned
Maxed out 5-star team: Exdeath, Bartz, Terra, Fina, Lasswell (should probably replace with Kefka but I'm too lazy)

Demon Chimera dead, basically only Colosseum stuff left to do, I'm just gonna...

*sees third island imminent release*

AND JUST LIKE THAT

Lyrian

I'm guess all of these new mobs and palette swaps at the end of the Colosseum are enemies found on the third isle?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What a horrible horrible feeling when you run ADV XP dungeon and no one levels up...

How about running ADV EXP dungeon with your fully-leveled main team?

Because I just did that.

That's 15 NRG I'll never get back right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom