• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feel when you want Locke and only use 2 tickets to get him.....niiiiicccce. Got the archer dude with the other so that's cool. So the only good units I don't have are Garland, Roselia and Firion. How is WoL when he comes out?

Valentus

So, reading reddit lately, i found out that it looks like that using macros/emulators not only isnt illegal, but also gumi doesnt give a fuck as long as you dont hack/mod the api.

Whats your thoughts about this twist? Personally i want genji armlet So bad and theres no way in hell im gonna get 3-5 Gilgamesh So im gonna think seriouslly macro when Gilgamesh gets its release

So, reading reddit lately, i found out that it looks like that using macros/emulators not only isnt illegal, but also gumi doesnt give a fuck as long as you dont hack/mod the api.

Whats your thoughts about this twist? Personally i want genji armlet So bad and theres no way in hell im gonna get 3-5 Gilgamesh So im gonna think seriouslly macro when Gilgamesh gets its release
If I had another ios device I'd macro when I sleep most definitely. But yea only if I at least had Zidane bc anything else can wait or isn't worth it imo

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

What do you macro? TM? I have a Zidane so perhaps I should be doing this.

Xion86

I got a question. When do the gil problems start?

I've earned over 1 million and am currently sitting on over 880k and I've not gone out of my way to build up FP units for selling so I'd say all that using the minituars that way does is gets you to the don't have to worry about gil phase a bit quicker.

The Cactuar event broke me :( didn't keep an eye on my Gil, had so much since launch and end up broke. Just trying to recover now.

Xion86

If I had another ios device I'd macro when I sleep most definitely. But yea only if I at least had Zidane bc anything else can wait or isn't worth it imo

I'm currently playing on my iPad Air 2 since launch, and linked to my main Facebook. Been playing legit since launch though, not even any re rolls when I started. I hate seeing people on my friends list at rank 70+...I mean what the hell, come on. Not sure if it's worth running any macros if i install on PC or not :( would rather not do all that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I meant increase your energy pool. So that way when I wake up in the morning I would have more than 31 energy to spend before I have to stop playing for a bit.

This is one of my biggest gripes about the game, really. The energy pool is just too small. I want an energy pool that takes at least 8 hours to recharge.

Pbae

50 minitaurs? uhm....Thanks?

This implies you are taking multiple people into the xp vortex....which isn't a great idea. One at a time w/ a friend carry.

I prefer to take a full team b/c I would need to level them up anyways, at least right now. It might suck when no one levels up but it feels nice when 3 or 4 ding.

Currently in Sacred Crystal purgatory

going to focus on getting Locke to 5 star first and maxing him out to ease the pain before the long path to upgrading Terra, CoD, Artemios and Golbez

Lyrian

So is Siren really that worthless? lol I mean is Ramuh another "mage" esper?

Worthless? No.
Underpowered? Probably, especially in the face of power creep. She has the unfortunate distinction of being the first esper (and thus the most power creeped against because of low stats/abilities). Also, how many encounter strategies for this game have you read that actually rely on using bard songs?

Ramuh is another mage esper, and a more extreme version of Shiva. Ramuh achieves slightly higher mage stats at the expense of having minimal stats in the other categories.

Stats at max 2*:

HP/MP/ATK/DEF/INT/SPR

Shiva: 3300/5900/2100/2300/5400/5400 (caster balanced)
Ramuh: 2800/6200/1600/1100/5900/4500 (more aggressive distribution towards mages)

Also, Ramuh has access to Osmose, which is huge for mages.

So, after his release, Ramuh --> black mage in party; Shiva --> white mage in party.

kswiston

I decided to pull 3 tickets and received 4 star Locke, Hayate, and Penelo. I'm happy as I really wanted Locke/a thief to make litrock farming easier (I am still early game at rank 16).

Is Rain worth using/Awakening? Lasswell seems decent enough, but I havent played long enough to get a good handle on what makes for a good team.

Heng

It means my CoD is going to get rising sun from Locke :)

Lolwut, just pulled a second chizuru o_O and it's already 5 stars.

Celegus

I prefer to take a full team b/c I would need to level them up anyways, at least right now. It might suck when no one levels up but it feels nice when 3 or 4 ding.

That's what I do too. I can settle for that, less futzing around in menus and gets the job done just as quick, just not as immediately satisfying. Though of course I'll need to leave out my 80s once they start hitting max (so close!)

Lolwut, just pulled a second chizuru o_O and it's already 5 stars.

Guess that post ~10 pages back was right, pulling Chizuru is easy confirmed! Congrats though I guess? A different 5* probably would have been a lot nicer though.

Lyrian

This is one of my biggest gripes about the game, really. The energy pool is just too small. I want an energy pool that takes at least 8 hours to recharge.

Ditto. One of my goals is to get that energy pool large enough that I only need to check on it a few times a day at most. Almost up to 4 hours now, but 8+ would really be ideal. That's a lot of trials/espers farming, but should surely come with time.

Pejo

If we follow JP's schedule, we should get it ~4 days after Kolobos.
My Firion will love that bow.

Looking at this schedule, looks like my next pull won't happen until Warrior of Light is released, and then the first round of Type 0 characters and Secret of Mana characters. I'm not even going to try for Lightning. I've seen those odds, and it's like throwing pulls away.

The units I'd really like to get are : WoL, Ace, Nine, Randi, Primm, and maybe Luneth, depending on how my lapis levels are looking by then. I'm actually already pretty happy with my current team even into the future as they get 6*, so I don't really "need" anything except a full break unit.

Also, I'm still really pissed that Zidane and Kuja haven't gotten their buffs yet. And if Zidane doesn't get native dual wield at 6*, there's nothing right in this world. He even dual wields on his sprite by default.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I decided to pull 3 tickets and received 4 star Locke, Hayate, and Penelo. I'm happy as I really wanted Locke/a thief to make litrock farming easier (I am still early game at rank 16).

Is Rain worth using/Awakening? Lasswell seems decent enough, but I havent played long enough to get a good handle on what makes for a good team.

Lasswell is a decent 5* while Rain 6* is better from what I've read.

CCIE

Banned
Well, the little miniature cacti this morning got me the middle awakening trophy. Should have the top one by the end of the week, as well as the 1,000,000 cash trophy since I sold the ten units for $150,000 this morning. That means the total of 50 will net me a cool 750K, and another 1000 lapis. That will take care of money for a little while to level units. Took a half day to level them and sell. Since I'm only farming for hero rings right now, not too bad

That's three more trophies down by the end of the week. On the other hand, I have literally run out of every crystal in my inventory and every piece of copper from synthesizing every five minutes, but I'm a quarter of the way to another 1000 Lapis and two more trophies as a result. Time to do some Ice/Fire runs for supplies and megacrysts. My first Hero Ring is in making now, and should be ready just in time for the new content. Excited!!

I also switched back to Chizuru for my share... She's close to 300 Attack now with a L1 2* Ifrit. Going to be an absolute beast when a few levels are on the Esper again. And Raging Fist is insanely broken with Chizuru - she's doing crazy damage for a whopping 3 MP.

Celegus

Is Raging Fist actually better than Barrage? I was going to dump Ifrit on my Garland instead of CoD since she gets Barrage and then he can really hit like a monster truck.

CCIE

Banned
Well barrage is still the king for damage, but I save it for multiple units. That being said, Chizuru can one shot anything outside of the colosseum with Raging Fist. Seriously, did almost as much damage as her limit break.

Celegus

I just hit 2* on Ifrit finally, but apparently the fight against him counts as an exploration? That seems weird. Was hoping those would count for the daily story missions.

CCIE

Banned
Celegus - I was hoping the same. Unfortunately that isn't the case, so I just stick to the Hunger exploration once a day. I still have found only one to date.

CCIE

Banned
Hopefully I'll have the Giant's Axe by the end of the day. If not, should be tomorrow. Sucks waiting on the energy bar to fill up

Gin

How stupid would it be to upgrade my entire team from 4* to 5* simultaneously? Farmed enough materials for everyone, but I have no cactaurs lol.

I took my entire team from 4 star to 5 star all at the same time
Went into ADV Exp Vortex with 5 - lvl 1 peeps + a maxed EXdeath friend

no one in my team attacks except for ExDeath
Exdeath basically destroyed everyone with one firaga

My whole team of lvl 1 peeps all level up

Just get a solid high lvl friend to cover your ass - and you are good

Lyrian

That's three more trophies down by the end of the week. On the other hand, I have literally run out of every crystal in my inventory and every piece of copper from synthesizing every five minutes, but I'm a quarter of the way to another 1000 Lapis and two more trophies as a result. Time to do some Ice/Fire runs for supplies and megacrysts. My first Hero Ring is in making now, and should be ready just in time for the new content. Excited!!

Grats! I hit the 1000 steal trophy today. I never, ever want to steal anything again in this game (ok, give me a week maybe, lol).

As I'm deep into the crafting trophies at this point and running into the same issues, I'm running into the same issues.

-- Remember that you can change your friend gift request to ask for more crysts to keep the production line going.
-- Fire/Ice/Lit spells are cheap to make. Stone/Water are costly in gil, but can serve as a backstop when resources run low. You'll collect a ton of water/earth crysts making laps for hero ring mats.
-- The long-term bottleneck is the mob dropable components for spells. White magic --> life orbs; Black Magic --> farplane souls; Green Magic: Gaia's tears. Cycle as needed.

I'll also be glad when the crafting grind is over as well.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I'm COMPLETELY out of Farplane Soul... seriously, depleted on lots of materials at this point. Crystals, drops, etc... I may have to take a break from crafting Abilities for a day or two until I get some more

RedZaraki

Banned
For crafting achievement, I just bought a second Item craft slot and made all the Potions, Smoke Bombs, and Shurikens I could until I had made 100 items.

Got my Hero Ring Recipe, craft in progress.

Still haven't beaten Europa. My team doesn't deal much single-target damage and it's taking a long time to level up a Bartz I got.

Irnbru

That's what I do too. I can settle for that, less futzing around in menus and gets the job done just as quick, just not as immediately satisfying. Though of course I'll need to leave out my 80s once they start hitting max (so close!)

Guess that post ~10 pages back was right, pulling Chizuru is easy confirmed! Congrats though I guess? A different 5* probably would have been a lot nicer though.

Lol yeah I was excited for anything else since 5* meant a decent unit. But ok then, easier tmr I guess? Yay free ticket this morning haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom