• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Just got to Europa and she exploded into a pile of wet socks on my first try. Not scary at all turns out, but the reward for clearing the entire first rank was pretty stinky.

Valus

I guess we'll get new units next week... who you guys think they'll be?

I think the new units won't be next week but the following because Locke's event is in place until 8/5/16. There was a rumor hinting at WoL and Lenna being in the next batch.

Heng

I think it only increases the likelihood for monsters to drop a treasure chest.
Yeah I think if it increased the drop from nodes, it would too good... Well I guess I'll level him in exploration with a small party, or start leveling him after I have some more hero rings made.

Zafir

Jeez, even using the monks, it's going to take ages getting the last ability trophy. xD

5 trophies short of the hero ring. :I

LuuKyK

Omg, I just found out that you can have both the JP and the Global versions of the game running in the same phone as different apps at the same time.

Just downloaded the JP version and I have something like 10k lapis and 20 tickets. lol Oh boy.

Also holy shit the JP version has a much better UI for crafting, and they have Dragon Quest characters!

fake edit: Did some random pulls and got characters I don't know lol, but also got Rem from Type-0, I think I read in this very thread that she is a great character. Very nice.

leehom

This rNg is absurd. Been farming intermediate all day and only managed four sacred crystals when I only need five more to evolve my chiz.

Shouldn't have to farm a vortex for one item for days just to evolve my heroes.

Heng

This rNg is absurd. Been farming intermediate all day and only managed four sacred crystals when I only need five more to evolve my chiz.

It should drop from monsters in phantom forest exploration. You'll probably be able to farm more than you would in the vortex per run, not to mention it would be much cheaper in terms of energy.

Lyrian

Every gacha game has a bottleneck resource like this for evolving characters. It's extremely annoying. PAD has Dub-Mythlits (which are still required at least once for almost every unit somewhere in its evolution chain after 4.5 years). For this game, it is sacred crystals :/

It should drop from monsters in phantom forest exploration. You'll probably be able to farm more than you would in the vortex per run, not to mention it would be much cheaper in terms of energy.
Okay your exxagerating here, u can only get 1 from the boss
NRG for PF - 8 / Max Sacred Crystal Count - 1
NRG for INT- 10 / Max Sacred Crystal Count - 4 (Maybe 5)

Zafir

It also has a ridiculously low drop rate from that boss too.

Definitely not worth bothering, unless you're in need of other items from the Phantom Forest.

Heng

Ah my bad, I've heard people say it drops there and the wiki just lists that it drops in the exploration. I didn't know it was only the boss who drops it.

rugioh

Banned
What a horrible horrible feeling when you run ADV XP dungeon and no one levels up...

Dat worse feel when you spend the entire day trying to run INT XP dungeon thinking sacred crystals drop there instead of the INT awakening dungeon

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I just got one from the boss. Can awaken Shantotto to four star now. I will wait for the announcement of the cactuars before I go back to the Awakening Vortex again. I swear this last level of Ifrit might undo me though. L29 and not really getting magicite again.

Ah my bad, I've heard people say it drops there and the wiki just lists that it drops in the exploration. I didn't know it was only the boss who drops it.
To be fair, if you're in no rush it's not TERRIBLE. I usually get at least 1 every 7 runs. I've been running it for magicite and have at least 15 in excess just cause now

Yeah, I just got one from the boss. Can awaken Shantotto to four star now. I will wait for the announcement of the cactuars before I go back to the Awakening Vortex again. I swear this last level of Ifrit might undo me though. L29 and not really getting magicite again.

Shantotto needs a 5 or 6 * , she's a queeeeeeeeen

CCIE

Banned
Was just reading ahead on units available in Japan, and I actually have hope again. No shot in Hell at any of the base 5*, but there are quite a few quality base 3 and 4*'s that we have yet to see.

The power creep will be real, but you don't HAVE to have units like Lightning and such. Which is good, because I'm writing off any base five stars. Agrias is still obtainable!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

LuuKyK

Was just reading ahead on units available in Japan, and I actually have hope again. No shot in Hell at any of the base 5*, but there are quite a few quality base 3 and 4*'s that we have yet to see.

The power creep will be real, but you don't HAVE to have units like Lightning and such. Which is good, because I'm writing off any base five stars. Agrias is still obtainable!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

Well thanks for the link, I just found out who some of the characters I got in the JP version are! lol

One of them is Ovelia from FFT. Apparently she is a great White Mage that gets Cura, Curaja and Raise. She is definitely getting a slot in my team.

CCIE

Banned
Snow is one of the best tanks - and a 4*. The FFIX cast is ALL attainable, Agrias, Hope, etc... Some are base five stars, but a lot are 3 or 4 stars. Also, none of the FFIX cast has gotten a 6* yet.

Lyrian

The power creep will be real, but you don't HAVE to have units like Lightning and such.

This is the correct answer. In many gacha games, the rarest chase cards are able to clear the most difficult content **first**. However, because of power creep, if a player is will to wait a short while, regular units will become powerful enough to handle that content just fine (just not on Day 1).

That said, the chase for the best and most powerful at all times is what motivates many players and keeps these style of games going for the long haul.

Dreavus

How stupid would it be to upgrade my entire team from 4* to 5* simultaneously? Farmed enough materials for everyone, but I have no cactaurs lol.

Dreavus

If you have strong friends it's no big deal, just spend points leveling them up in vortex.

True enough, I guess I can use that as my unlocked vortex without the need for awakenings for a while.

I forgot one of my guys wasn't max yet anyways so he can carry through the EXP dungeon for now

CCIE

Banned
Finally crafting a hero ring! The first of several at least... Still trying to level up Ifrit to 2* so I can jump a few ranks before the new island comes out. So much to do, so little time. Also, I have to level up Celes and Terra - everyone else in my party is maxed.

Which one first? I have Garland, Fina, Kefka, and of course Chizuru. I'm thinking Celes for Focus, but thoughts are appreciated.

leehom

Most I've gotten from INT is 3, but I usually get 0. If I could at least even get 1 per run, I would be satisfied.

Most I've gotten from INT is 3, but I usually get 0. If I could at least even get 1 per run, I would be satisfied.

Just make sure you Overkill the mobs. You'll get atleast 1 guaranteed.
I used to be worried about overkilling and elemental chains and shit but it wasn't until someone said they just said fuck it and pushed auto and looked away till it was over that I relaxed and RNGesus answered my prayers

Rixa

When the new island comes up will there be a better place to farm for fire megacryst and ice megacryst.

No, thats 4th Island where is short dungeon with 5 nodes where you can obtain Ice MC. For fire you still need to run Westersands (thats quite easy dungeon to run, compared to Wolffangs).

leehom

Could you guys give me a break down on what espers is good for what?

From what I recall;

Ifrit - Melee
Ramuh - Mage
Siren - ?
Golem - Defense?
Shiva - ?

Xion86

Xion - you can put Hayate in your party and do nothing but use shrikens all day long ;) Those are a lot of good units. What are you going to run with?

My current team is Rain, Fina, Kefka, Terra and Lasswell. I'm aiming to defeat Europa and Demon Chimera.

Yey free tickets! To use or not to use, that is the question.

Dragner

My current team is Rain, Fina, Kefka, Terra and Lasswell. I'm aiming to defeat Europa and Demon Chimera.

Yey free tickets! To use or not to use, that is the question.

Wait?. Theres a good chance next batch of units have WoL in there. Current units are not very good unless you are a diehard locke fan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Used my free ticket on both accounts.

Main = Clyne
Newer Acc = Fran

Someone kill me...

desverger

Those minituars are used best by fusing them into 1* fp units, evolving said units and taking them to the Adv. Exp Vortex once with a strong friend like ExD.

One batch of units is around 30-40k gil, which is pretty great.

Maledict

Those minituars are used best by fusing them into 1* fp units, evolving said units and taking them to the Adv. Exp Vortex once with a strong friend like ExD.

Have to admit as a newbie at the game this makes very little sense to me... ;-)

Are you saying it's better for me to turn these little cactuses into Gil rather than using them to level up my main hero?

Are you saying it's better for me to turn these little cactuses into Gil rather than using them to level up my main hero?
That is what he is saying because the higher lvl your character, the more gil it will cost to fuse so the benefit ratio of fusing mini metal cactuars for XP is minimal at best

desverger

Fusing them on high level 5* or even 4* units will be very costly, since they give so little exp (5k exp). For comparison, a metal gigantuar will give you 30k exp with the same cost.

Also, getting 30k gil per 15 stamina is a lot better than you would get from even the Gil Snapper's Cave or the Chamber of Riches.

Maledict

Fair enough. Guess my issue is I'm still so low level that 5K experience is a lot for Chizuru, and I don't have any friends strong enough to carry a group through the advanced experience chamber. I can only just manage it on my main party..: ;-)

CCIE

Banned
Do you get a LOT more SP when leveling an Esper at L2? The skills are WAY more expensive, and I only used the original points on skills, and minimally at that. But I'm concerned it still won't be enough.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

I'll say this. I have zero problems getting Gil. Gil is so easy to come by. A single 1* character max will net you 4400 and all you need to do is run a Void once on it. Awaken him and run him again once or twice more and it's up to 10k.

I prefer using them on my normal characters. Yes, it's costly in comparison to big ones. But I'm sitting on close to half a mil Gil with 50 summons from FP still.

Typically what I've been doing is I just replace one character in my leveling team with one FP summon and when the leveling slows down. I sell him off and replace.

Do you get a LOT more SP when leveling an Esper at L2? The skills are WAY more expensive, and I only used the original points on skills, and minimally at that. But I'm concerned it still won't be enough.
I think u get a few more but it also goes to lvl 40 now instead of 30 so theres much more SP to distribute

Oh 30 days? I thought 24 hours
The 1000FP ones said something about day in their description but from what I can gather these minituars are standard 30 days.

I got a question. When do the gil problems start?

I've earned over 1 million and am currently sitting on over 880k and I've not gone out of my way to build up FP units for selling so I'd say all that using the minituars that way does is gets you to the don't have to worry about gil phase a bit quicker.

desverger

I got a question. When do the gil problems start?

I've earned over 1 million and am currently sitting on over 880k and I've not gone out of my way to build up FP units for selling so I'd say all that using the minituars that way does is gets you to the don't have to worry about gil phase a bit quicker.

Mine started at the previous Cactuar Dunes event, went totally broke capping some of my 5* units.

Speaking of which, maybe there'll be a new one in a few weeks, since next weekend is gonna be Gil Snapper's Cave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom