• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Lightning is a trap. Always on bad banners with impossible pull rate. I will pull on luneth, has the same impossible rate but it comes with Refia that is hands down the best healer in the game. So I have a nice chance to get something useful.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Glad that i dont care about FF13 or Lightning....Luneth though *please*

lol

Azuran

Banned
Murasame mine! I can't believe I was actually terrified of this guy. Chiruzu paralyzed him on the first turn and then everything went quickly downhillfor it.

QccX0Ky.jpg

Murasame mine! I can't believe I was actually terrified of this guy. Chiruzu paralyzed him on the first turn and then everything went quickly downhillfor it.

Grats! I just did the same thing about 30 minutes ago by poisoning the hell out of him with Rakshasa and Exdeath and Firion Paralyzing him constantly. Firion was the only survivor but whatever, a win is a win.

Slaythe

Can people that are using broken OP unit stop acting like the bosses are piss easy ?

Like, duh .

The gatcha is entirely luck based, if you get great unit, understand that it's not the case for everybody. If those bosses were balanced for the best units, the game would be unplayable for a majority of players.

Gratz on the kill though !

Azuran

Banned
Can people that are using broken OP unit stop acting like the bosses are piss easy ?

Like, duh .

The gatcha is entirely luck based, if you get great unit, understand that it's not the case for everybody. If those bosses were balanced for the best units, the game would be unplayable for a majority of players.

I know I just thought it was going to be a little bit tougher considering the reputation is has so far on the web. I spent the last week or so putting off this fight because I kept thinking "I better level up my party just to be safe". I could have beaten this thing a while ago but kept thinking is was "easy" only if you had a maxed 5-star party with optimized gear and abilities. Everyone guide online saying it's "hard but not impossible" certainly didn't help repel that.

Like, duh .

Do you mean Chizuru? lol

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm so good at this gacha game I actually stomped the White Dragon without even meaning to.

I clicked the wrong button and spent 100 lapis to revive my team.

I know I just thought it was going to be a little bit tougher considering the reputation is has so far on the web. I spent the last week or so putting off this fight because I kept thinking "I better level up my party just to be safe". I could have beaten this thing a while ago but kept thinking is was "easy" only if you had a maxed 5-star party with optimized gear and abilities. Everyone guide online saying it's "hard but not impossible" certainly didn't help repel that.

I think most of that came from peoples experience of the fight before the whole 10 pulls per re-roll thing. It was super hard when I did it since I started at the soft launch. Had to use a 2* Rizer for that fight since it was the only unit I had that had a paralyze move. It was a very tough fight, but definitely doable. Now that lots of people were able to pull 2 or 3 top tier units at launch, that fight became much easier.

Valus

You have two of the best physical attackers in the game, you can clear basically anything in the game right now.

Got White Dragon so close to death using my party of 4* Fina, Golbez, Lasswell, Rain, and Kefka. Probably had 10% left. Think I need to pick up a few defensive abilities and this might be possible without having to grind up to 5*. Was fun trying though.

scarlet

Got White Dragon so close to death using my party of 4* Fina, Golbez, Lasswell, Rain, and Kefka. Probably had 10% left. Think I need to pick up a few defensive abilities and this might be possible without having to grind up to 5*. Was fun trying though.

Against white dragon you need is paralyze and poison (bio blaster) and lil but of luck

broz0rs

Lightning is a trap. Always on bad banners with impossible pull rate. I will pull on luneth, has the same impossible rate but it comes with Refia that is hands down the best healer in the game. So I have a nice chance to get something useful.

It seems as if the Lightening banner will be the first big event of the game. Big event as in mass amount of players quitting because of being unable to pull her after using up all their pulls.

It seems as if the Lightening banner will be the first big event of the game.
Big event as in mass amount of players quitting because of being unable to pull her after using up all their pulls

I'm fine with this. You know its strange; this game allows you to have a sort of bias to the characters you like and enjoy and the same goes for those you hate. Lightning can fuck off of a bridge. If I pull her I will delete the account out of spite.

/s?

You have two of the best physical attackers in the game, you can clear basically anything in the game right now.
And he had cheer. Talk about overkill yeesh. U woulda had to really try to lose that battle
I'm fine with this. You know its strange; this game allows you to have a sort of bias to the characters you like and enjoy and the same goes for those you hate. Lightning can fuck off of a bridge. If I pull her I will delete the account out of spite.

/s?
I'm not a super fan by any means but I don't dislike her as a FF main. Why do u hate Lightning so much tho, I'm curious haha

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Beat Demon Chimera today. Used Barfire and BarThun for the first two. Followed by defending for Frost storm turn(With cheer up). It wasn't that bad after being told their was defend in the game again. He just took a while since DPS wise since my group was using Kefka, Edgar, and Rain.

Time to start grinding out to get my Ifirt to 2* and max my Rain, followed by getting my Lasswell to 5*, followed by getting my Celes to 5*

I enjoy leveling up and building my characters in this game. ^_^

bonkeng

And he had cheer. Talk about overkill yeesh. U woulda had to really try to lose that battle

I'm not a super fan by any means but I don't dislike her as a FF main. Why do u hate Lightning so much tho, I'm curious haha

I too don't understand the hate Lightning gets.

First of all. She's not a real person who did some nasty things. She's a videogame character.

Second, Ff13 is not that bad. Maybe arguably the worst mainline ff game, but definitely not bad.

Shouta

The 1000FP ones said something about day in their description but from what I can gather these minituars are standard 30 days.

I got a question. When do the gil problems start?

I've earned over 1 million and am currently sitting on over 880k and I've not gone out of my way to build up FP units for selling so I'd say all that using the minituars that way does is gets you to the don't have to worry about gil phase a bit quicker.

When you start maxing characters to 5 and 6 stars, you'll start eating up gil pretty quick. Until the next collection event anyway, lol. I sell my leftover Fantoma/Gold/etc from collecting and that's kept my gil up near 2 mil for awhile now.

Cactuars and Awakening materials are my bottle neck now in JP. ;_;

White Dragon down! Used 4* team of Rashaka, Rain, Golbez, Kefka, and Fina. Poisoned him and used sleep dagger on Rain and Sleep spell from Rashaka. Rashaka went down 3/4 of the way, but luck was on my side I guess cause I managed it without him. Man that felt good!

Heng

White Dragon down! Used 4* team of Rashaka, Rain, Golbez, Kefka, and Fina. Poisoned him and used sleep dagger on Rain and Sleep spell from Rashaka. Rashaka went down 3/4 of the way, but luck was on my side I guess cause I managed it without him. Man that felt good!
Wow congrats! I had trouble my first time through and I had 3/5 of my characters at 5 star.

NomarTyme

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind when Lightning banner starts...

Folstern

I feel that way too. Either all in on FFT characters (most are decent) or FF3. Lightning will still be in the mix so you never know. About the same odds in the end: slim to none.

across

Long-time lurker (of GAF, not just this thread!) burning my first post to throw my friend code up if anyone needs a 303 ATK Chizuru. Low rank/level players are welcome as long as you're gonna play for a while and keep those friend points coming~

When you start maxing characters to 5 and 6 stars, you'll start eating up gil pretty quick. Until the next collection event anyway, lol. I sell my leftover Fantoma/Gold/etc from collecting and that's kept my gil up near 2 mil for awhile now.

Cactuars and Awakening materials are my bottle neck now in JP. ;_;

Is Locke's Treasure Hunter relevant enough on the Awakening material bottleneck (in the future) to pull for, do you think? I'm swimming in materials now but I imagine as the game progresses and you're spending energy on temporary events instead of idle farming that things will be different, but I haven't seen any solid insight from JP players to push me hither or thither.

Valus

I think I'm going to go all in on FFT characters as well, such an excellent crew. Orlandu doesn't come out with the first batch, right? He's later?

RedZaraki

Banned
It'd be pretty sweet if we could "dust" some unwanted premium units for a small amount of lapis.

And maybe buy specific units for lapis too. Even if it were like 3, 4, 5 thousand lapis for a guaranteed unit it'd be aright.

Some people just have bad luck.

Dreavus

It'd be pretty sweet if we could "dust" some unwanted premium units for a small amount of lapis.

And maybe buy specific units for lapis too. Even if it were like 3, 4, 5 thousand lapis for a guaranteed unit it'd be aright.

Some people just have bad luck.

That's probably where the money is though; people wanting a specific unit (especially during a rate up), not getting it, then making the decision to try their luck again after spending some money. In the most egregious cases they STILL don't get it, and then might spend even more. The only times I've ever been tempted to spend money in these types of games is when my favourites are on rate up and I can't score them with free currency.

Faenix1

Don't know what my ID number was but to those that have added me: I didnt quit, lightning storm fried my router - and I play this via wifi so right now I'm wifi-less. ><

Hopefully a lot of folks don't delete me. was making progress on getting 1000 gifts lol

Lyrian

That's probably where the money is though; people wanting a specific unit (especially during a rate up), not getting it, then making the decision to try their luck again after spending some money. In the most egregious cases they STILL don't get it, and then might spend even more. The only times I've ever been tempted to spend money in these types of games is when my favourites are on rate up and I can't score them with free currency.

This. Gacha games will almost never allow you to purchase a unit directly. These games make their money from people rolling hundreds of times. Allowing the player control isn't likely going to ever happen, at least not without an extraordinarily steep cost.

For example, PAD allows players to sell back unwanted rare cards for a semi-premium currency that can be used to purchase select top-tier cards during specific time windows. The trade in cost for one of these top-tier units? 60 rare summons, or 300,000 lapis.

Would you be willing to pay 300,000 lapis to be guaranteed a Lightning-tier unit?

bonkeng

Would you be willing to pay 300,000 lapis to be guaranteed a Lightning-tier unit?

Better than spending a million Lapis and still never get her.

Atleast we'll know that 300k is the max we will spend for her or Luneth/Gilga/Cid.

It doesn't have to be in one shot. Maybe in a year's time, spend $100/month until eventually you've spent enough to guarantee a toptier unit like Lightning.

Also, those 300k lapis still gives you a chance of pulling her.

Rixa

Glad that i dont care about FF13 or Lightning....Luneth though *please*

lol
Refia shall be mine (hopefully)...
Do you mean Chizuru? lol

You mean the character that everyone was pulling for and is widely considered one of the best characters we have at the moment? Yes I think that is who they mean lol
Who is she? I can kill rats in Earth Shrine esaily without Chizuru :p
I think most of that came from peoples experience of the fight before the whole 10 pulls per re-roll thing. It was super hard when I did it since I started at the soft launch. Had to use a 2* Rizer for that fight since it was the only unit I had that had a paralyze move. It was a very tough fight, but definitely doable. Now that lots of people were able to pull 2 or 3 top tier units at launch, that fight became much easier.
Actually I was kinda surprised how easy it was. Ok reason for it was, on my first day of playing BE I accidentally found White Dragon and got rekt. Next time I tried it after I did lose to Europa and I was wtf this is so easy, took way too long to try WD.

It seems as if the Lightening banner will be the first big event of the game. Big event as in mass amount of players quitting because of being unable to pull her after using up all their pulls.
^^
After few days of the Lightning banner to end great purge starts. To kick idle players from friend list...

Xion86

Arghhh my game keeps crashing every time Europa gets to around 15% health left!! :( happened 3 times now. I finally unlocked Raise and was on the way to defeating it this time..

Crashed again only 5 minutes into the fight. This is quite annoying.

Jacobbles

Just pulled another 4 star Galuf. He's still the only >3 star character I've pulled, and this is like the 5th one. What the fuck is happening here?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free Ticket pull - Vivi. Okay im done with this event....3-4 pulls and didnt manage to get a single of the boosted unit. Ill save the next 3 free ticket for the upcoming batch.

Finally had enough magicite to get myself 2* Ifrit. A borrowed Chizuru was utterly disgusting in that fight. At her peak she was doing over 40k damage a turn with barrage.

I also got my timing for maintenance out by 24 hours. I was like "it's the 27th today" so then looked up the PST time and saw it was almost 22:00...of course in this context it meant it wasn't the 27th yet in PST time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom