• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This. Gacha games will almost never allow you to purchase a unit directly. These games make their money from people rolling hundreds of times. Allowing the player control isn't likely going to ever happen, at least not without an extraordinarily steep cost.

For example, PAD allows players to sell back unwanted rare cards for a semi-premium currency that can be used to purchase select top-tier cards during specific time windows. The trade in cost for one of these top-tier units? 60 rare summons, or 300,000 lapis.

Would you be willing to pay 300,000 lapis to be guaranteed a Lightning-tier unit?

And this is why Granblue is the best of its kind, letting people purchase specific units directly every three months or so.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Did three pulls to try and get Locke. I need someone to steal. No luck, oh well. Did manage to get Paul, but the rate of success is really bad compared to Vaan and Zidane.

;_;

Heng

Finally had enough magicite to get myself 2* Ifrit. A borrowed Chizuru was utterly disgusting in that fight. At her peak she was doing over 40k damage a turn with barrage.

I also got my timing for maintenance out by 24 hours. I was like "it's the 27th today" so then looked up the PST time and saw it was almost 22:00...of course in this context it meant it wasn't the 27th yet in PST time :(
I did the same thing. I had enough stamina to finish my dailies but when I saw the maintenance, I spent it all on Wolfsfang Peak. It was even worse when I didn't get any ice megacryst from the 4 runs...

Pulled once, got 3 star Artemios. He any good? Don't have anyone with Barrage yet.

Tempted to do another pull.

Edit:

Did another pull. Got a 5 star Locke. Bwahaha.

Right now my team is Exdeath x2, Laswell, Roselia and Krile. Should I swap any of 'em with Locke? Or level up Artemios so I have a Barrage user in my team, swap him with Laswell or something? I have no idea ;P

Pulled once, got 3 star Artemios. He any good? Don't have anyone with Barrage yet.

Tempted to do another pull.

Edit:

Did another pull. Got a 5 star Locke. Bwahaha.

Right now my team is Exdeath x2, Laswell, Roselia and Krile. Should I swap any of 'em with Locke? Or level up Artemios so I have a Barrage user in my team, swap him with Laswell or something? I have no idea ;P

Wooo ! Nice pull!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Same here

Cyan
Shadow
Russel
Ratkscha...whatever pure trash

Yikes...thats bad, but at least you got a potential 5* unit even if she is only okay. Def. gotta wait for the next batch even better if WoL is included.

Syrus

Banned
Free Ticket pull - Vivi. Okay im done with this event....3-4 pulls and didnt manage to get a single of the boosted unit. Ill save the next 3 free ticket for the upcoming batch.

Me too , used 3 tickets and no special unit.

Im saving my Lapis but fuck , locke isnt worth wasting more tickets

Can people that are using broken OP unit stop acting like the bosses are piss easy ?

Like, duh .

The gatcha is entirely luck based, if you get great unit, understand that it's not the case for everybody. If those bosses were balanced for the best units, the game would be unplayable for a majority of players.

Gratz on the kill though !

ITT I learned that gacha pulling is strictly skill based.

Some of us just need to git gud.

RedZaraki

Banned
Did three pulls to try and get Locke. I need someone to steal. No luck, oh well. Did manage to get Paul, but the rate of success is really bad compared to Vaan and Zidane.

;_;

Just craft Steal and give it to Rain and Fina. That's what I did and I've got the first 2 achievements.

Wrong

Locke is the best ;)

Hey im in this game for nostalgia fun and collecting

I dont give a fuck if he isnt top tier
I'm halfway with u on your point. I plan on being strictly F2P so with that being said for me I have to plan ahead a bit for power creep. Thankfully the only units I would ever actually feel some type of way for and pay a bit (Ahem, Squall) aren't even in the game yet so I'm just coolin

RedZaraki

Banned
My last set of pulls was something like:

- Bartz (3)
- Vivi (4)
- Artemios (3)
- Hayate (4)
- Anzelm (3)
- Sabin (3)
- Hayate (3)

IIRC.

I think if you're going to pull you should do it on a good banner in batches of like 10 pulls. That way you have a very high chance of getting one or more of the banner units.

Can people that are using broken OP unit stop acting like the bosses are piss easy ?

Like, duh .

The gatcha is entirely luck based, if you get great unit, understand that it's not the case for everybody. If those bosses were balanced for the best units, the game would be unplayable for a majority of players.

Gratz on the kill though !

Didn't use Chizuru since I don't have her. Was 5* Rakshasa, 4* Rain, 4* Firion, 4* Exdeath, 4* Fina. It was a bit of a squeak out for it, honestly. Paralyze and poison were the name of the game. And a lot of luck.

Zafir

I did end up trying to get Locke last week, but didn't manage to pull him in the 9 pulls I did. x.x

On the plus side I did get Bartz, Firion and Krile. All I need is Cloud of Darkness and Garland and I could do a 5 Physical attackers team. xD

My last set of pulls was something like:

- Bartz (3)
- Vivi (4)
- Artemios (3)
- Hayate (4)
- Anzelm (3)
- Sabin (3)
- Hayate (3)

IIRC.

I think if you're going to pull you should do it on a good banner in batches of like 10 pulls. That way you have a very high chance of getting one or more of the banner units.

DON'T TELL ME HOW TO DO ME

Also if there was gifting I would totally give some Lockes to you guys ; ;

Locke is sooo cool man

Sorry to anyone who couldnt pull him

Bless these bastards for making such cool sprites

Makes me angry that there arent any full jrpgs made with high quality sprite work like this

CCIE

Banned
I'm not hopeful on any of the base 5* units - that includes Queen, Lightening, Orlandu, Ramza, Delita, etc... I'll set my sights on the 4*'s that can be awakened to 6*'s and the characters I like. WoL, Agrias, etc...

I doubt I would pull on an all five-star banner unless the rate-ups are REALLY good. Look how much garbage you get with a base 3 or 4* banner. Though the garbage rate should thin through time as more and more "decent" units are added. I imagine I won't be totally pissed in half a year when the "garbage" isn't always Cyan, or Russell, or such...

CCIE

Banned
Also, I refuse to run more than one of the same unit... it's just kind of weird to me. Even if I pull another Chizuru I wouldn't use her as part of my main team. I saw one guy that was running a team of five Chizuru. Seriously, WTF? Except for TMR farming

Also, I refuse to run more than one of the same unit... it's just kind of weird to me. Even if I pull another Chizuru I wouldn't use her as part of my main team. I saw one guy that was running a team of five Chizuru. Seriously, WTF? Except for TMR farming

Do people really do that? lol Wheres the fun in that!

cw_sasuke

You will use multiple of the same units if it lets you clear otherwise not beatable content. We are still in the early stages of the game so obv. you can run pretty much anything and clear content...might not have that luxury down the line for more difficult content.

No fun at all!!

The best part is putting your favorite characters together once again!

My current FF6 crew makes my heart warm... Minus Kefka that crazy bastard lol

Definitely going to try to get all my favorites even if the rate is low (gotta get my FFT bros)

cw_sasuke

Not everyone has the same gacha luck - sure if you can role all your FF favorites and have them fit a needed role in your team...perfect for you. But normally you just try to run the best team possible from your pulls.

Not everyone has the same gacha luck - sure if you can role all your FF favorites and have them fit a needed role in your team...perfect for you. But normally you just try to run the best team possible from your pulls.

Yeah I suppose that makes sense, a lot of us here have been quite lucky with pulls in generally, rerolling notwithstanding...

EXCEP TODAY IT SEEMS

Well to be fair once the content gets so hard that i cant win with what Im given ill probably just be done man

The game at least seems robust enough to be able to pull off a win in most of the content but I did see some JP challenges that basically demand a damn whale to complete it

Whatever man. Ill play the content that is fun and compelling and ditch the game when it stops being that way for me

RedZaraki

Banned
Is there anywhere out there where I can actually look at the stats for the Japanese only characters?

Google's coming up blank, probably because I don't know Japanese.

I wanted to see what abilities Orlandeau and Ramza and Lightning actually have that make them so OP.

dennism

anyone experience hard crashes after completing a vortex? advance exp vortex to be exact, had it happened like 5 times in a row.. it will go to the result screen, and show "0 Rank Point" then crashes.

using iphone 6+, ios 9.3

CCIE

Banned
You laugh about throwing shurikens, but most of my exploration friends are either myuki for just that purpose, or maxed Zidane for steal. That is all they do for me. One of these days I will get my own thief, but honestly the only one that doesn't piss me off is maxed Zidane

He always steals, while everyone else simply "tries" too much.

Lyrian

You laugh about throwing shurikens, but most of my exploration friends are either myuki for just that purpose, or maxed Zidane for steal. That is all they do for me. One of these days I will get my own thief, but honestly the only one that doesn't piss me off is maxed Zidane

He always steals, while everyone else simply "tries" too much.

I had to suffer with using Paul (FP Thief) to get through the stealing trophy. Bleh. Locke just schools him silly.

Working on burning 1000 shurikens atm. At first, I was WTF over how bad the fixed damage was on shurikens. But, then it hit me.

** Shurikens and grenades inflict true damage.

Ok, that's actually quite useful in the right situations.

So, my question to the JP crew is this: Have there been any mobs introduced yet that mandatorily require true damage to defeat yet?

If I want to use throw I'll only have to master Shadow's TM :(

Change the leader of the party.
To add to this by setting the companion party option in the options the leader of whichever party you choose will always be the one sent out to friends. This can be useful if you have to use a party without them from time to time.

Lyrian

How do I change which character is sent as my friend summon?

Better answer:

1) From the home screen, tap the menu button in he upper right corner.
2) Tap the options button below Player Info
3) Scroll all the way down to the very last option on the screen: Select Party
4) Tap the button Choose Party under Companion Party.
5) Select a team that contains the desired friend summon character and make him/her the leader (or you can just place the unit in a party by itself).

** You can also tap Colosseum party to designate a specific party to use in the Colosseum that is different from your standard exploration/story/vortex party.

Beaten by Starwolf.

CCIE

Banned
I would like my own shuriken thrower and thief eventually. I figure they will come to me naturally through one of my disappointments when pulling for the better characters, which are all pretty much base 4* units. Locke, Zidane, Vaan are all just base 3* units. Same goes for Miyuki and Hayate

So my chances are pretty good of getting one of them down the road, and I will use my friends list in the meantime. Can't steal in the Vortex anyway

Fuck yeah, got Locke! I spent all my Lapis and tickets last week trying to get him, decided to do one more YOLO pull with my free ticket!

Lyrian

I would like my own shuriken thrower and thief eventually. I figure they will come to me naturally through one of my disappointments when pulling for the better characters, which are all pretty much base 4* units. Locke, Zidane, Vaan are all just base 3* units. Same goes for Miyuki and Hayate

So my chances are pretty good of getting one of them down the road, and I will use my friends list in the meantime. Can't steal in the Vortex anyway

That's the same line of logic I'm using. As 3* base units, I'm sure I'll trip over them accidentally somewhere in the future. Not too worried about pulling a Locke atm (/grumbles about not pulling one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom