• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

kswiston

I lucked into the 4 star Locke. Yay for not having to grind those mats.

Is the experience vortex dungeon the most efficient way to level characters?

Bladelaw

I lucked into the 4 star Locke. Yay for not having to grind those mats.

Is the experience vortex dungeon the most efficient way to level characters?

If you have a friend with a high level Exdeath or Golbez and spam Firaga you can "solo" it with a one man Locke party to level him relatively quickly through the vortex. That's worked reasonably well for me.

Cactuars are better but obviously harder to come by.

CCIE

Banned
OTOH, I am up over 10K lapis, and 4 tickets, with another three coming to me in the next few days. Also, everyone will be getting another ticket in early August for the Portal reaching the max

Also, pre-register for Final Fantasy Mobius! Did so on my main and dummy account
http://www.eu.square-enix.com/mobiusff/

Why is Locke so MEDIOCRE

GTFO

:p

He is a support character from what I can tell. Can equip a lot of shit. Not a pure DPS but great for gathering materials (treasure hunter and steal) and has access to a lot of useful abilites for protection and status affliction

Fuck yeah, got Locke! I spent all my Lapis and tickets last week trying to get him, decided to do one more YOLO pull with my free ticket!

Grats! Welcome to the club!

StarVigil

Soooo I kinda spent all my Lapis on friend slots. Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me.
941 774 780 - Max lvl Chizuru with 278 Atk

Nohar

Never watched that show. Now I'm curious.

Anyhow, the 3rd island will be released soon. I still need to complete 13 quests on the first two islands... Meh. The fact that some of them are well hidden isn't helping (didn't talk to a random npc with no speech bubble? No quest unlocked. Didn't check a completly ordinary barrel in Grandport? No quest unlocked).

rugioh

Banned
Let me get this straight, with the current content that is out we can't fully complete the story right? Until Friday LanzeIt Ruins is the last dungeon? What is the level range needed to whip on the monsters there?

Valus

Let me get this straight, with the current content that is out we can't fully complete the story right? Until Friday LanzeIt Ruins is the last dungeon? What is the level range needed to whip on the monsters there?

Correct. Because of the type of game this is, the story will likely never be fully complete. You can clear the Lanzelt Ruins with characters around level 40.

rugioh

Banned
Correct. Because of the type of game this is, the story will likely never be fully complete. You can clear the Lanzelt Ruins with characters around level 40.

Level 40 3 star or more than that? Does it matter how many stars the unit is @ Level 40?

Dreavus

Lightning is 5* at her lowest?

No wonder the chance to pull her (even on banner) in Japan is so low. God that must be driving people crazy, lol.

No wonder the chance to pull her (even on banner) in Japan is so low. God that must be driving people crazy, lol.

Yeah pretty much all the units past vanilla BE are 5* and up

Kind of annoying

At least give us some 1-4* to play around with too and upgrade

Dragner

I think the rate is near 1% to pull her on the banners she is the only featured 5*. That isnt that bad. The problem is she came featured most times with other based 5* (snow troll lol), reducing the chsnce to half that or even less.

Rootbeer

Banned
GTFO

:p

He is a support character from what I can tell. Can equip a lot of shit. Not a pure DPS but great for gathering materials (treasure hunter and steal) and has access to a lot of useful abilites for protection and status affliction

Grats! Welcome to the club!

Yup exactly. When it comes time for you to farm materials you're gonna be happy to have him in your repertoire. I'd like to pull him but I just don't feel like it spending right now. gonna save my tickets/lapis instead hoping for the next top tier to come out.

However, if I pull him randomly down the road when I'm whaling for lightning or something, I'll be pretty happy.

Dragner

Decided to do a pull.

Blue crystal...meh.

Click, turned gold. Hope climbing.

Crystal breaks, 4* Maria....wtf. :(

The rarity of the crystal doesnt matter, all featured units are base 3* so it only matters if you planned to pull an off banner Chizuru that is unrealistic.

StarVigil

Anyone who quotes Kim Possible deserves no friends.
large.gif

Party of Rain, Lasswell, Kefka, Golbez, and Fina. I am really indifferent on Rain though. I really wish I could pull a better attacker. Does he make a viable tank at all?

Eidjinn

So, I guess I'll finish leveling up all my units to max, so what should I be aiming to do?

How do I get the Hero ring?
Aside the White Dragon and the Chimera, is there any boss to beat?
Any weapons or armor I should farm?

Team: Cecil, CoD, Vaan, Kefka, Rain

Lyrian

So, I guess I'll finish leveling up all my units to max, so what should I be aiming to do?

1) Recipe earned by earning 30 trophies.
2) Europa and Frost Dragon in Colosseum.
3) Good stuff is generally either Colosseum rewards or Boss drops (outside of Hero Rings).

Valus

Getting 30 trophies will unlock hero ring recipe. There's a machine boss in Lanzelt Ruins unlocked via quest. There are Colosseum bosses as well.

Farm Colosseum to get some nice gear.

CCIE

Banned
Eldjinn,

Level Espers, Megacrysts for the Hero Ring, etc... there is always a lot to do while waiting around. I have to admit I'm getting a little annoyed at some of these Explorations, though. Farming Megacrysts sucks. OTOH, they give out quite a bit of rank experience so just running the Peak and the Desert for the past day has added two ranks to my level in a short period of time. Almost enough for two more hero rings after my first is done Thursday night - right before maintenance I believe.

Seriously, I still farm sacred crystals from time to time, level FP units to sell for cash. I try and mix it up so game doesn't become tedious.

Lyrian

Seriously, I still farm sacred crystals from time to time, level FP units to sell for cash. I try and mix it up so game doesn't become tedious.

Same. My three vortex runs for the daily lapis are for sacred crystals. Eventually, I'll need to use them to awaken future units. So, better now than later.

I'm at INT-S-2 currently.

Giant's Axe boss was fairly easy. INT-S-1 boss was rough, Europa level difficulty. Going to miss collecting 500 lapis every grade tier :/

CCIE

Banned
Chilly, I'm working on it. I have all this great gear none of my guys can use because they don't equip heavy armor or shields. Seriously, Garland has half of my nice stuff. I originally had the Force Armor on Chizuru, but the Black Belt Gi is much better for dishing out damage

I hope I can get a good unit in the next couple of weeks. I'm fixing to have to expand my inventory for materials and equipment, because I have too much good, unique stuff that I cannot just remake right away. Seriously, anyone need Ash? I have over 200 units of the stuff in reserve currently...

CCIE

Banned
Speaking of which, the biggest problem I have with Terra is that she cannot equip a magic robe. Seriously, WTF? No armor, and no robes. Just clothes. It seriously cripples her as a mage, and her only saving grace is Raise. If it weren't for Ultima, I'd remove her from my group.

Pejo

Speaking of which, the biggest problem I have with Terra is that she cannot equip a magic robe. Seriously, WTF? No armor, and no robes. Just clothes. It seriously cripples her as a mage, and her only saving grace is Raise. If it weren't for Ultima, I'd remove her from my group.

The robe thing definitely sucks. Terra is the best mage I have though, so she's staying in my "main" party. I built her the 'ra level spells that she was missing, so she can hit all of the elements now except maybe wind and stone. Also, without going full mage gear with her, she is over 200 MAG, which is good enough for now. Ideally I'd like to not even have a mage in my party, but she has been really helpful on stuff I want to AOE down, and the Gravity spell.

I don't see the appeal of raise so much, because the few times I needed it, my character was fucked again in the next round since you can't heal them in the same round that you raise them. Maybe it's important in PVP or something, but it seems like a waste of a turn against anything that hits hard and has multiple attacks per round and/or AoE attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom