• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohar

A man can dream, but if there any chance that they are going to release heavy armors and helms which boost Magic?

Please give me something to boost my Golbez ;_;

At least he is a stone wall, thanks to very high HP, DEF and PSY (2x +10% DEF kinda helps).

Lyrian

Just finished my first hard scrub of the Marsh exploration. Finding the Earth Key in the zone without the use of the wiki felt so good :)

4887 gil
43745 unit exp (~30 encounters)
349 rank exp

Notable collection point drops:

Dark megacrysts/crysts
Ice megacrysts/crysts
Violet megacite/magicite

And....
one lone encounter on the spawn table containing an upgraded Hunger. Oh boy....

Time intensive, but a good way to level up units outside the Vortex, as the only affliction used in the exploration is poison. No spell attacks used at all outside of drain attacks by the boss.

Heng

Just an FYI, the 11 ticket bundle is now set to expire in 14 days, which would suggest that the bundle expiring in 15 days is a one-day available bundle that will show up when the 11 ticket bundle expires (and so on for each of the other bundles).

popcorn.gif
Still hoping or that bundle eh? I've already lost hope for it. :p

Damn, I'm full now... thinking about kicking anyone more than 2 days at this point. Have 5 maxed Locke's on my list and another half dozen maxed Zidane's. Could use a few more ;)
I'm almost done maxing my 4 star Locke, I wonder how many people would use him by accident. >:)

Gin

what is the max lvl for 6 star ppl ??

I already hate the 70-80 lvl grind on 5 star

can imagine 6 star lvling up is gonna be BS

they really need a 4th option after ADV Experience Vortex - call it S RANK or something

blow 30 NRG on every trial - make it hard but at least gain a crap ton of exp from it

Shouta

what is the max lvl for 6 star ppl ??

I already hate the 70-80 lvl grind on 5 star

can imagine 6 star lvling up is gonna be BS

they really need a 4th option after ADV Experience Vortex - call it S RANK or something

blow 30 NRG on every trial - make it hard but at least gain a crap ton of exp from it

Level 100. They'll probably start doing events soon where you can get Jumbotenders much more readily so there'll be less of a grind.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only way to get Esuna in JPN version is to TM Maria still?

Does Bartz Auto potion, work with only standard potions from my understand?

Pejo

Just got my last sacred crystal to get Locke to 5*, now to grind him up. I'll probably wait until I clear all the new island content though. There doesn't seem to be too much, so I can probably get it done in a few days.

What would you guys recommend for Locke's materia as a friend unit?

Since he's more of a utility character, i'm thinking Cura, Bio Blaster, maybe Barthundara, not sure what else.

I have all the obtainable recipes for up to the 2nd island, and all of the FP materia minus like the blind one (which would probably be perfect), but he's got the Superior Blade equipped anyways.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Also feel free to add me as long as you play daily. I switch between a 5* Max Bartz and Kefka, sometimes a character I'm leveling. Give gifts daily too. ^_^

077 602 847

Waiting on 15 energy to complete my Locke!

Omg im pretty pumped about it :p

Just got my last sacred crystal to get Locke to 5*, now to grind him up. I'll probably wait until I clear all the new island content though. There doesn't seem to be too much, so I can probably get it done in a few days.

What would you guys recommend for Locke's materia as a friend unit?

Since he's more of a utility character, i'm thinking Cura, Bio Blaster, maybe Barthundara, not sure what else.

I have all the obtainable recipes for up to the 2nd island, and all of the FP materia minus like the blind one (which would probably be perfect), but he's got the Superior Blade equipped anyways.

Yeah he gets a LOT of Magic access. Hes basically a green mage in a lot of ways. He gets access to Lvl 4 Black/White/Green magic which is crazy and can use all the current status afflicting weapons

Now here is what is interesting... Do characters that have Multihit normal attacks have a higher chance of afflicting a status? I bring that up because i know when Locke is blinded he can still hit 1-2 times out of the 4 hits

I wonder if everything is calculated on a per hit basis or not

Valus

So after dicking around with Locke a bit Ive developed a small criticism

it seems that there are quite a few abilities that are lacking in unique animations

I realize that this is a 2D pixel game but its just disappointed to click on Mirage Dive and only see Locke move forward and back and just have the numbers pop up

(Also abilities need a complete overhaul and rebalance. Mirage Dive is 15 mp for such a low scaling single target move?)

Starting to notice this with lots of other cool attacks. Its clear that the bulk of the animation detail was put into Limits and common spells/abilities

Hopefully we see some visual AS WELL AS mechanical updates in the future. No reason they cany build on the base they created here

Have you seen Edgar's tool animations? They put more effort into his original FF6 sprite than this game, it's sad.

But to counter that criticism I give them credit for making the battle/casting stances of FF6 heroes pretty damn close to the originals.

Have you seen Edgar's tool animations? They put more effort into his original FF6 sprite than this game, it's sad.

But to counter that criticism I give them credit for making the battle/casting stances of FF6 heroes pretty damn close to the originals.

Yeah Im happy for the most part and hey... Edgars Limit Break Animation is pretty effing sweet lol

So yeah I appreciate all the quality they DID bring to the table with this game. Just want more is all

EDIT: MAX LOCKE GET!

5 star Max CoD, Kefka, Exdeath, Garland, and Roselia. Add me: 408 213 179
"The user has reached their capacity."

176 560 599 - MAX Cecil and 5* Chizuru (still leveling her).

I added a bunch of yall who posted codes recently + had a ton of yall from soft-launch. If I don't have ya, send me an add. Please have GAF in your quote/name or let me know what your IGN is in here. I get lots of random adds and usually decline them to keep space open for more GAFers. :p

Pejo

Is Cereius any good?

I maxed mine out painfully at 5* to get all the Bar-ra spells, traded the star quartz to get the cura staff so she could actually use Cura as a true support/healer unit (since she can't natively equip white magic), all in anticipation of the 2* avatar battles. They ended up being so easy that I didn't even need to bring her, since a full break Vaan was more than enough to nerf the damage.

So short answer, no, she's pretty awful.

"The user has reached their capacity."

176 560 599 - MAX Cecil and 5* Chizuru (still leveling her).

I added a bunch of yall who posted codes recently + had a ton of yall from soft-launch. If I don't have ya, send me an add. Please have GAF in your quote/name or let me know what your IGN is in here. I get lots of random adds and usually decline them to keep space open for more GAFers. :p

Freed up 3 slots and purchased 5 more. Sorry about that. I've sent you a request.

Am I doing something wrong with Golbez? He is so weak. Granted he's 4* lvl 42, but compared to my Kefka at the same level, he hits like a baby. I just have no items to increase his MAG. Any tips?

Dawg

Deleted some (inactive) friends so I have a few open spots again.

Rank 32, maxed Kefka and Lasswell as main(s) and a couple other 5* units.

ID: 626 604 466

robotuw

Finally got the materials to craft a magic key. What should I get with it? The wiki mentions silence blade but that Osafune would look real good on my Chizuru...

Heng

Am I doing something wrong with Golbez? He is so weak. Granted he's 4* lvl 42, but compared to my Kefka at the same level, he hits like a baby. I just have no items to increase his MAG. Any tips?
No, you're not doing anything wrong. He cannot equip robe/clothes so he doesn't have any gear with MAG on it. Not to mention Kefka has (maybe not at your level) +20% MAG and Golbez doesn't. He's just that underwhelming.

Gin

just remember - when golbez hits 5star - lvl 80 - he is comparable to kefka if not stronger - due to his esper ability he gains at that experience level - fyi

just be patient and keep lvling him

Nohar

just remember - when golbez hits 5star - lvl 80 - he is comparable to kefka if not stronger - due to his esper ability he gains at that experience level - fyi

just be patient and keep lvling him

I read that the Esper stat boost only works when you summon them, ie. they will deal more damage, but you don't get +30% of every stat from an esper. Mine definitly doesn't get any boosted stat from Shiva (still +28 MAG instead of 28+(28*30/100) ).

CCIE

Banned
Kefka is insanely strong when maxed out. When we get Firaga in a silver chest or something he'll be complete. Probably a few months

Nohar

I really want those chests which only cost 300 lapis, pile up the tickets and spend them on a good banner.

What should be the next one, by the way?

tuffymon

mmmmm mmmmm that moment when you finally take down Europa felt so good. Barthundara helped so much. I paralyzed him 2 turns away from death (twice in the fight), so that's why I don't have barthundara up at this time. Terra and Firion weren't even max level either like 57/66? respectively.

13872406_10154019520997885_1534054401_n.jpg

EDarkness

What are some good melee damage characters outside of Chizuru? I have Kefka as my mage and I'm working on Fina for my white mage, but the melee group is really up in the air. Especially since so many units can't even hit 5*.

I don't want to spend my tickets on the portal right now since I don't want any of the guys they're offering now. I have Locke already, so I don't want to even have the possibility of getting the other two guys. Planning on saving up lapis and tickets until Aug. 6th...assuming the next batch of characters are interesting.

On a side note, I got 5* ExDeath, but I don't know if I should build him up or keep working on Kefka. Any ideas?

Xion86

Also feel free to add me as long as you play daily. I switch between a 5* Max Bartz and Kefka, sometimes a character I'm leveling. Give gifts daily too. ^_^

007 602 847

Says user not found.
Edit: never mind I read further down and saw your correction :) you just had James Bond of your mind.

518,334,204 here :)

Well done on defeating Europa teffymon! I managed to defeat it last night, had Rain, Kain, Fina, Terra and Lasswell.

tuffymon

I'd wager Cyan is probably the strongest melee 4 star, and could put up quite a fight in the top 5 dps slot if he had a 5 star. Chizuru wins of course with barrage (I feel this move is too low in mp compared to the dps it brings to the table) and even a bonus with counter.

Thanks! Congrats to you as well, he's been holding me back for awhile. I built up Firion and Terra to give me an edge, and clearly it was enough!

CCIE

Banned
Saw a video of one guy who had CoD, Bartz, Chizuru, Artemios, and Fina. Now that is a Barrage fest! I image it would get boring though. No challenge at all in current content with that setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom