• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a video of one guy who had CoD, Bartz, Chizuru, Artemios, and Fina. Now that is a Barrage fest! I image it would get boring though. No challenge at all in current content with that setup

Hrmmm I have all those...I may try this....as I am actually getting bored with the nuke team I use normally.

kevyward

Getting to lvl 80 with kefka and Chizuru is such a grind and I still need to awaken Roselia and Leo.

What's the best way to grind rank?

Yogg

Getting to lvl 80 with kefka and Chizuru is such a grind and I still need to awaken Roselia and Leo.

For pure rank, the best way is 2* esper fights, with 500 rank points a fight. But you get nothing else of value.

edit: I just reached the INT S2 boss and got my first wipe in INT colosseum. I was not prepared for it. Everything so far was smooth sailing, and he triple-fira'd my team leaving three corpses in the first turn. Time to prepare I guess :D

For pure rank, the best way is 2* esper fights, with 500 rank points a fight. But you get nothing else of value.

edit: I just reached the INT S2 boss and got my first wipe in INT colosseum. I was not prepared for it. Everything so far was smooth sailing, and he triple-fira'd my team leaving three corpses in the first turn. Time to prepare I guess :D

I think there's an area on the new continent with a better rank XP/Energy ratio

Azuran

Banned

Golzas Canyon Exploration seems to be the new best place to raise rank since it gives 30 exp/energy and also gives a lot of EXP and farming items.

Better than Esper fights if you want to kill three birds with one stone.

So I decided to give this a shot the other day and honestly I'm feeling a little overwhelmed for a mobile game, not that it's a bad thing. One of my first pulls was Artemios, has to be a good start right?

One thing I was wondering, since it seems weapons and armor are in was is it worth getting equipment in that first town or should I bypass it as I have for now? Any tips in general for someone just starting out?

Accidentally went into arena with just Kefka. Spammed Drain and won, lol. Got down to 100 life once, but i was pleasantly surprised i won and didnt waste a arena attempt. Grind through the arena is a pain. On like bgn A4.

So I decided to give this a shot the other day and honestly I'm feeling a little overwhelmed for a mobile game, not that it's a bad thing. One of my first pulls was Artemios, has to be a good start right?

One thing I was wondering, since it seems weapons and armor are in was is it worth getting equipment in that first town or should I bypass it as I have for now? Any tips in general for someone just starting out?

Artemios should be a good pull. Don't have him myself, but from what I've read he's a solid unit. The next Trials boss fight (optional bosses released periodically. We have 2 right now) we will get supposedly has a really nice bow for him to use.

If you need to fill some equipment slots on your units don't be afraid to spend some gil on it. Gil is easy to get in this game and equipment in stores is generally cheap. You will also find lots of good stuff in chests, quests and from the Colosseum. There are times you will want to horde gil though and that would be when a Cactuar event is coming up. It's a dungeon you can run to get yourself some cactuar units to fuse your units with to get tons of exp for fast leveling. It can get very expensive.

Here's a nice little beginners guide to check out: https://exviuswiki.com/Beginner%27s_guide.
That site has tons of useful info that will answer many questions you have. Be sure to bookmark it.

Heng

I did 4 pulls and got Cyan, Bedile, Vivi, and Locke. Meh... Should I grind both Locke to 100% and give my CoD dual wield in the future or should I just grind 50% on each and fuse them together?

Also the energy required for story mode is ridiculous... It's going to be a while before I can farm TM again.

Kouriozan

I'm tempted to try to get WoL when it get released here, but Cecil 6* limit is just sooo good. I'll just hoard LB pots for when I get a Cecil (hopefully 3*) anyway.

Accidentally went into arena with just Kefka. Spammed Drain and won, lol. Got down to 100 life once, but i was pleasantly surprised i won and didnt waste a arena attempt. Grind through the arena is a pain. On like bgn A4.

If you go into Menu and scroll to the bottom, you can lock your team for colosseum and the team whose leader is the one you share, instead of it just being the most recent team you used. So you'll only need to pay attention when switching between grinding vortex and doing story/exploration missions :)

If you need to fill some equipment slots on your units don't be afraid to spend some gil on it. Gil is easy to get in this game and equipment in stores is generally cheap. You will also find lots of good stuff in chests, quests and from the Colosseum. There are times you will want to horde gil though and that would be when a Cactuar event is coming up. It's a dungeon you can run to get yourself some cactuar units to fuse your units with to get tons of exp for fast leveling. It can get very expensive.

Just as a sidenote, one of the best ways to get gil is to level up the common units (Friend Point units) in the Experience Vortex and then sell them. During the cactuar events, you can get them close to max level with just one or two cactuars, and sell them right away. The cost of using a cactuar rises with the unit level, so leveling the FP units from 1 to 20 is really cheap, and then selling them can easily fund using cactuars to max out your higher level units.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If you go into Menu and scroll to the bottom, you can lock your team for colosseum and the team whose leader is the one you share, instead of it just being the most recent team you used. So you'll only need to pay attention when switching between grinding vortex and doing story/exploration missions :)

I didn't know that. Nice tip!

Artemios should be a good pull. Don't have him myself, but from what I've read he's a solid unit. The next Trials boss fight (optional bosses released periodically. We have 2 right now) we will get supposedly has a really nice bow for him to use.

Here's a nice little beginners guide to check out: https://exviuswiki.com/Beginner%27s_guide.
That site has tons of useful info that will answer many questions you have. Be sure to bookmark it.

Thanks a bunch! Wow this game seems pretty nicely fleshed out compared to some of the gacha games I've tried before glancing at some of that. Probably gonna stick with this one going by what I've played and seen so that guide will be put to good use.

Thanks a bunch! Wow this game seems pretty nicely fleshed out compared to some of the gacha games I've tried before glancing at some of that. Probably gonna stick with this one going by what I've played and seen so that guide will be put to good use.

No problem! It's definitely my favorite gacha game I've played so far. I haven't played many of them so I'm really new to these kind of games, but the ones I've played, while fun, were just missing something for me. I wanted something that felt more like a classic JRPG. Then this game came along and I've been hooked ever since. Only F2P games I've ever spent a little money on and with how much fun I've been having with it, I have no problems with spending some more in the future.

c-murph

Yeah, crafting my first of many Hero Rings. Aiming for ten anyways. I'm assuming they eventually become obsolete. 71 hours to go...

Lyrian

Reaching S-Rank in the Colosseum ends up being a giant leap in difficulty, both on BGN and then again on INT. It's definitely a line in the sand measuring the progress of the player in developing their team.

Lyrian

Yeah, crafting my first of many Hero Rings. Aiming for ten anyways. I'm assuming they eventually become obsolete. 71 hours to go...

Not really, considering that the 40/50/60 trophy rings are essentially "upgrading" the rings, as each recipe requires a Hero Ring as a component.

Lyrian

Scrapping the extreme bottom of the barrel, one hell-grind is complete: 1000 potions/shurikens.

Trophy #43 claimed, and 500 more sweet, sweet Lapis.

Zafir

I feel like I've been super slack with the Coliseum. Only just finished BGN. :p

It was also not very difficult either, spent too much time grinding my team and not enough time remembering to do the Coliseum every few hours.

Scrapping the extreme bottom of the barrel, one hell-grind is complete: 1000 potions/shurikens.

Trophy #43 claimed, and 500 more sweet, sweet Lapis.

Congrats! I'm working on that one too. Is there anywhere to buy Water Crysts? I'm running low on materials cause I haven't been doing explorations.

Lyrian

Congrats! I'm working on that one too. Is there anywhere to buy Water Crysts? I'm running low on materials cause I haven't been doing explorations.

Change your friend gift request to water crysts and depending on your friend list size, you can get upwards of 100ish of them a day.

Lyrian

That summer bundle is a one time deal?

Edit: too good to be true

According to the information obtained earlier this morning, and now putting two and two together from this thread: Reddit Source, and now the official graphics for the bundles being datamined, the promotion appears to be (pricing subject to change of course):

Summer Special Package
Purchasable once daily, from Friday 8/12 through Sunday, 8/21
300 lapis for the following as a set:

One rare summon ticket
One magic key
One phoenix down
One elixir
Five megacites of a specific color (color changes daily)

Discarding everything else, that's 9 summon tickets for 2700 lapis (assuming pricing does not change). That's a much better deal than 11 tickets for 5500 lapis, but keep in mind that as a whole, it is a one time purchase. Also, 9 keys are enough for all the silver chests on Kolobos Isle plus about half of the next area, Dirnado.

scarlet

According to the information obtained earlier this morning, and now putting two and two together from this thread: Reddit Source, and now the official graphics for the bundles being datamined, the promotion appears to be (pricing subject to change of course):

Summer Special Package
Purchasable once daily, from Friday 8/12 through Sunday, 8/21
300 lapis for the following as a set:

One rare summon ticket
One magic key
One phoenix down
One elixir
Five megacites of a specific color (color changes daily)

Discarding everything else, that's 9 summon tickets for 2700 lapis (assuming pricing does not change). That's a much better deal than 11 tickets for 5500 lapis, but keep in mind that as a whole, it is a one time purchase. Also, 9 keys are enough for all the silver chests on Kolobos Isle plus about half of the next area, Dirnado.

You're right. I guess it's best to save for the summer daily deal.

It's been data mined

5500+2700

Still a good deal

Edit: it's 5K

Lyrian

With the new Island released, what's the best spot to farm Magicite? Still Phantom Forest? Or the Marsh?

Need clarification about how you are asking this question (what is best, exactly?)...

Are you asking:

a) Best spot for most magicite/time?
b) Best spot for most magicite/energy?
c) Best spot for a specific color magicite?

In a general sense, I think you are asking about raw quantities? Phantom Forest still holds out as the best source for sheer quantities of magicite at 8 energy per run. The new explorations are too expensive in terms of energy costs to outdo the Forest, assuming you have the time to invest in Phantom runs.

Lyrian

Has the marsh been confirmed for decent Ice Megacrysts or not, at least versus Wolf lol

I haven't had enough runs in it to confirm it one way or the other, but Reddit seems to believe so because of the 5 collection points in the march versus 3 in Wolfsgang for only 1 additional energy cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom