• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
spent all my remaining tickets to see if I could get something good.

I got Edgar! sure he might not be a class 1 unit but he is a FF VI unit and I really wanted him for my collection.

Also got Hayate.

Lyrian

Passing out for the night; got to the town finally.

Golzas Canyon

14 energy
5136 gil
44118 unit xp (~30 encounters)
395 rank xp

Crysts: Fire + Light + Wind
Magicite: Yellow (Ramuh)
Ore: Iron + Mythril

Rixa

Mandatory weekly update.
After 3 weeks this is the situation.
Screenshot_20160729-092122.png

Roughly 2% per day, boring as hell, trying to do everything else same time while clicking those buttons :D.
I missed about 130 nrg yesterday, had 52/56 nrg when maintenance started and then that 5h45mins lost nrg :(.

That 62% Shantotto was my 2nd gacha pull (4* btw). It had around 14.5% when I started. 3 Shants were in 0% and Cecil had 2.5%. One Shant is fast and everything else is either average or slow. About 3 weeks and few days to go, after that I wont grind farm TM.

I guess Iam little mad to do this, but not so mad that I would grind for Exceed Ring.
Reddit TLDR: It's easier to farm 5 separate TMs(without fusing units) than a single Exceed Ring.
^^
Just holy fuck o_O. I know its best accessory in JP but it seems you can be totally screwed by RNG while trying to get materials.

bonkeng

I think farming for LB is the worse. Specially when you start farming at 5*. How the hell can we use LB THIRTY SIX THOUSAND times at 5* to max it?

Makes TM farming seems like a cake walk.

Rixa

I think farming for LB is the worse. Specially when you start farming at 5*. How the hell can we use LB THIRTY SIX THOUSAND times at 5* to max it?

Makes TM farming seems like a cake walk.

In JP they have LB boost items (that give like 200 or something to skill).

Dark type rod +36 Mag is an upgrade to the ice rod. A bit underwhelming to me tho, my only mage is Kefka so this isn't really a big deal atm for me

bonkeng

In JP they have LB boost items (that give like 200 or something to skill).

Hopefully it's not very hard to get.

I'm not going to awaken my Cecil. He will be stuck at 3* til i max his LB. As it gets exponentially higher everytime he awakens. Almost double the amount required :(

Rixa

Hopefully it's not very hard to get.

I'm not going to awaken my Cecil. He will be stuck at 3* til i max his LB. As it gets exponentially higher everytime he awakens. Almost double the amount required :(

You do know that LB has 20 levels? I just dont see the point to that kind of grinding :p.
Reddit LB Growth Cecil as example
You need to use Cecils LB whopping 39500 times and awaken Cecil too.
Code:
3 ☆ Lv 1-10: 4500
4 ☆ Lv 11-15: +6500
5 ☆ Lv 16-20: +11250
6 ☆ Lv 21-25: +17250
Total: 39500 LB EXP

So quick note

Locke most definitely does not have 100% steal rate on his Limit Break in Global

I have missed a steal several times now. Is it bugged? Why is global so different from JP

Maledict

So quick note

Locke most definitely does not have 100% steal rate on his Limit Break in Global

I have missed a steal several times now. Is it bugged? Why is global so different from JP

I thought it had two effects based on the graphics. One was a standard steal ability, and then you also get a bonus loot chest guaranteed that flies into the air after using?

Vex_

Banned
Mandatory weekly update.

Roughly 2% per day, boring as hell, trying to do everything else same time while clicking those buttons :D.
I missed about 130 nrg yesterday, had 52/56 nrg when maintenance started and then that 5h45mins lost nrg :(.

That 62% Shantotto was my 2nd gacha pull (4* btw). It had around 14.5% when I started. 3 Shants were in 0% and Cecil had 2.5%. One Shant is fast and everything else is either average or slow. About 3 weeks and few days to go, after that I wont grind farm TM.

I guess Iam little mad to do this, but not so mad that I would grind for Exceed Ring.
Reddit TLDR: It's easier to farm 5 separate TMs(without fusing units) than a single Exceed Ring.
^^
Just holy fuck o_O. I know its best accessory in JP but it seems you can be totally screwed by RNG while trying to get materials.

Why would you do this to yourself???????1one

RedZaraki

Banned
Need clarification about how you are asking this question (what is best, exactly?)...

Are you asking:

a) Best spot for most magicite/time?
b) Best spot for most magicite/energy?
c) Best spot for a specific color magicite?

In a general sense, I think you are asking about raw quantities? Phantom Forest still holds out as the best source for sheer quantities of magicite at 8 energy per run. The new explorations are too expensive in terms of energy costs to outdo the Forest, assuming you have the time to invest in Phantom runs.

This is farming for Ifrit. Most efficient energy usage. I noticed the Phantom Forest even beats the desert because it just straight up drops magicite more frequently.

After getting dupes all week from the free summoning tickets I was going to save today's, but I said screw it and finally pulled a Kefka. Feels good to finally have a really good mage to use

bonkeng

You do know that LB has 20 levels? I just dont see the point to that kind of grinding :p.
Reddit LB Growth Cecil as example
You need to use Cecils LB whopping 39500 times and awaken Cecil too.
Code:
3 ☆ Lv 1-10: 4500
4 ☆ Lv 11-15: +6500
5 ☆ Lv 16-20: +11250
6 ☆ Lv 21-25: +17250
Total: 39500 LB EXP

Yeah it's ridiculously tedious.

But 39.5k is much better than farming 70k when he's 6*.

I think going to lvl10, which is 4.5k, is doable. After that, I don't care anymore lol.

Also, it's a good thing he's not needed right now. So no rush to awaken Cecil.

Crescende

Banned
I could need some team advice guys.

What i have: Kefka/Golbez/Bartz/Fina/Kuja/Medius/Krile/Edgar/Cyan/Kain/Maria/Sabin/Clyne/Shadow.

I currently run with Barth/Golbez/Kefka/Fina/Cyan. Am i ok for the upcoming content?

Max him ASAP. Hyperdrive is like the best natural move in the game rn
Going to finish up the new island first, but leveling him up will be the first thing I do after that. Have a few gigantuars left too so that should help. After using other people's Kefka I'm excited to final have him. He helped me get that 300,000 damage trophy.

Valonquar

Finsihed out the new island's storyline & quests this morning. Picked up a 10 pack of silver chest keys and started crafting all the bar-ra spells while farming for more hero rings. I dunno about farming/crafting 33+ rings for a single super uber ring, but maybe. I mean it's a pretty OP ring. Perhaps in the future they'll do an event where some of the mats have a chance to drop or something.

Finsihed out the new island's storyline & quests this morning. Picked up a 10 pack of silver chest keys and started crafting all the bar-ra spells while farming for more hero rings. I dunno about farming/crafting 33+ rings for a single super uber ring, but maybe. I mean it's a pretty OP ring. Perhaps in the future they'll do an event where some of the mats have a chance to drop or something.
Oh no. U wasted lapiz bruh, 15d we getting a new bundle that gives magicite, a summon ticket and a key for 300lapiz. U can buy like 9 of them or something. Also, is there even anything worth getting in these chests atm (general question to all)?
Time to hit that 10k ability trophy....
That's like hitting the repeat button 2000 times. Times like these u gotta hit the bot

bonkeng

That's like hitting the repeat button 2000 times. Times like these u gotta hit the bot

It's quite fast, 1 repeat is around 8 seconds. Will take you around 4hrs. 500 Lapis awaits you when you're done :D

Do it if you have something else to do, just keep tapping your fingers on your phone.

Or use Macro......

CCIE

Banned
Fixing to do that myself. Just drew the last of those guys this morning, and am leveling them now. Then I will simply run the Earth Shrine and spam repeat while working. Dull, but so is work ;)

H3xum

So I have read that Rain becomes super legit at 6* and that Laswell is the worst 6*.

Can anyone expand on that? What roles do they fill, i.e. is Rain DPS, Tank, Support, etc. Same for Laswell

Lyrian

This is farming for Ifrit. Most efficient energy usage. I noticed the Phantom Forest even beats the desert because it just straight up drops magicite more frequently.

Don't underestimate the value of the 1.5x XP boost on red magicites for Ifrit. They really add up fast.

If you are lapping Westersand for ores and/or hero ring mats, then Westersand is still a relatively good place to farm. If all you care about are magicites, than Phantom Forest is solid as all the lesser magicites that drop quite frequently will add up to somewhat compensate for the lack of 1.5x XP bonus.

Lyrian

Oh no. U wasted lapiz bruh, 15d we getting a new bundle that gives magicite, a summon ticket and a key for 300lapiz. U can buy like 9 of them or something. Also, is there even anything worth getting in these chests atm (general question to all)?

I believe the good chests on the third isle are recipes for SPR +10%, MP +10%, and Bug Killer ability.

The other two chests are recipes for crafting Green Berets (which are buyable), and Pinwheels (3rd tier throwing weapon, but not really needed yet as there are no monsters that require true damage yet).

Pejo

Mandatory weekly update.

^^

Godspeed, friend. I made it literally half a day of grinding Trust and I just couldn't do it anymore back in the lull before the new island came out. You're going to be laughing at us in the long run when you get all those shantotto's maxed out though.

This game is so good when a new island releases, then it really sinks quickly when the grind is all that remains. How many islands is the JP version up to? I'd imagine we don't have a 50 continent world, so I'm scared of it eventually slowing down to a crawl with new content.

hahaha I am NOT going to grind any of this shit

You guys are crazy

Im just going to focus on the gameplay that comes naturally until the game isnt fun anymore

Azuran

Banned
hahaha I am NOT going to grind any of this shit

You guys are crazy

Im just going to focus on the gameplay that comes naturally until the game isnt fun anymore

Sometimes I wish this game had an auto victory function like Earthbound when you run into weak enemies. Having to spam auto everytime you get into a battle gets pretty tiring quickly. It would certainly make the grinding more bearable if I didn't have to spent up to 30 mins in an exploration map.

Sometimes I wish this game had an auto victory function like Earthbound when you run into weak enemies. Having to spam auto everytime you get into a battle gets pretty tiring quickly. It would certainly make the grinding more bearable if I didn't have to spent up to 30 mins in an exploration map.

Same. Make it cost and extra 50% energy (hell, outright double it for that matter) and I would use it every time.

Lyrian

Kolobos Reef is disappointing, especially for continuing increased energy costs for explorations.

15 energy
5121 gil
42193 unit xp
361 rank xp

Crysts: Earth + Lightning
Magicite: Orange (Golem)
Ore: Silver + Iron + Mythril

Outside of leveling units in ADV vortex, I'm struggling to see how these explorations are beneficial. For the steep energy cost, running the considerably cheaper Lanzelt explorations would seem to be more effective, even considering the 1.5x on-color magicite drops for Shiva/Ramuh/Golem.

Garland has higher attack, but Bartz has Barrage, so he will put out way more damage in the long term, even with lower stats.

Probably Garland. Bartz's only crutch is his base stats are mediocre for a 5* unit.

Well you would figure given that Bartz strikes twice versus Garland's single swip would matter...but you know it doesn't.

Garland is just such a powerhouse, can't wait for his 6* even though Bartz seems to consistently rated higher...do we even have Bartz 6* stats?

Yogg

Just reached INT S3 boss, and he was so much easier than S2. It might be because I was actually fearing the encounter as opposed to going into S2 thinking it would be a steamroll. In any case it went great with Leo's Bladeblitz and Kefka's thundaga. On to Tier S4 !

Mandatory weekly update.

Insane dedication! I have a TM party I use at the end of the day once everything that needs to be done is cleared, but I just couldn't focus on TM as much as you do. Knowing myself I would have stopped at 100% total shantottos, the temptation would be just too strong.

But I'm amazed at the quick progress you're getting. My current TM party consists of 3 shantottos, zidane, and locke. Luckily I got a second locke from today's ticket so I'll replace a shantotto (I really want that weapon for my CoD). I've got Lunas and Golbez's lined-up after that, but they're probably pretty far away.

I'm on the second reef level but can't help thinking I'm wasting energy when I could be doing EXP Void since I pretty recently awakened Rain and Fina and two of my other guys aren't maxed either. Is there any reason to focus on knocking out the story the rest of the way? Will there be another town to buy better equipment from? I'm guessing after the reef we go to the ruins and that will be it considering how small this island is. It's just that the energy cost for levels is absurd now. 13? WTF?

Yogg

I'm on the second reef level but can't help thinking I'm wasting energy when I could be doing EXP Void since I pretty recently awakened Rain and Fina and two of my other guys aren't maxed either. Is there any reason to focus on knocking out the story the rest of the way? Will there be another town to buy better equipment from? I'm guessing after the reef we go to the ruins and that will be it considering how small this island is. It's just that the energy cost for levels is absurd now. 13? WTF?

At some point you'll want to be sync'd with the story releases. But there's so much leeway between content releases that you shouldn't be focusing solely on completing new content if you don't want to.

You've got time. Do your own thing and catch up to the story at your own rate. Don't ignore it, but no need to rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom