• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point you'll want to be sync'd with the story releases. But there's so much leeway between content releases that you shouldn't be focusing solely on completing new content if you don't want to.

You've got time. Do your own thing and catch up to the story at your own rate. Don't ignore it, but no need to rush it.
How long is Japan waiting for content releases?

The problem is that characters are weak as hell after being awakened. I'm not sure why they made that decision, they should just progressively get stronger. Well, I do know, they want you to grind repeatedly ;p Learned my lesson about awakening multiple characters around the same time.

CCIE

Banned
Rob has it right - I haven't finished the third island, and am mixing in grinding with occasional story to keep boredom from setting in. Currently "Chakra" my way to 10,000 ability use, and I will never have to do it again. It sucks, but at least in a couple of hours I can do a little story to relieve the tedium. The colosseum gear destroys story gear to this point anyway.

Not farming TM... that is a level of patience I just don't have, unless it is something like Shantotto's +30%. When done with this, I'll just sell them off for a quick 60K. I currently have 1.3M plus for the next cactuar event. And two more trophies down today, or at least soon. I have one unit left to awaken for one of them so it can wait for awhile. I'll save the last little minicactuars for a new 3* unit I draw

Pejo

Well you would figure given that Bartz strikes twice versus Garland's single swip would matter...but you know it doesn't.

Garland is just such a powerhouse, can't wait for his 6* even though Bartz seems to consistently rated higher...do we even have Bartz 6* stats?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/137

At 6* Bartz gets a combined +50% attack with passives (I know it doesn't work exactly like that with scaling, but for intensive purposes), when equipped with a Sword. Garland still edges him out in raw attack power, but Bartz gets some nice skills.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/137

At 6* Bartz gets a combined +50% attack with passives (I know it doesn't work exactly like that with scaling, but for intensive purposes), when equipped with a Sword. Garland still edges him out in raw attack power, but Bartz gets some nice skills.

Intents and purposes :)

Just realized the Intrepid Explorer trophy is tied to quests completed, not just explorations. Is that a bug?

Good lord, I've got a Chizuru on my friends list that finally hit 500 attack. Seeing stuff like that make me wish I had the disposable income to whale sometimes. Though I'd probably hate myself for doing it even if I could. I'm happy that I can have them on my friends list though. Makes me never want to go to 1 day last played, because they'd probably delete me from their list and I don't want that to happen. Get a little jealous when I see characters like that.

Smurfy,
If you're out there reading this, please never delete me from your friend list.
Love,
Rudeboy

Zafir

Good lord, I've got a Chizuru on my friends list that finally hit 500 attack. Seeing stuff like that make me wish I had the disposable income to whale sometimes. Though I'd probably hate myself for doing it even if I could. I'm happy that I can have them on my friends list though. Makes me never want to go to 1 day last played, because they'd probably delete me from their list and I don't want that to happen. Get a little jealous when I see characters like that.

What's their equipment/abilities equipped? o_O

Mines got something like 280, and that's without any Hero Rings since I'm still short of achivements. Also My Ifrit is only 1 star.

What's their equipment/abilities equipped? o_O

Mines got something like 280, and that's without any Hero Rings since I'm still short of achivements. Also My Ifrit is only 1 star.

Luckily they are at the top of friends I can pick.

Equipment:
Sakurafubuki (ATK +98)
Black Cowl (ATK +28, DEF +25, SPR +25)
Black Belt Gi (ATK +8, DEF +24)
2x Hyper Wrist (ATK +10 each)

Abilites:
Doublehand
Blade Mastery
ATK +10%
Bladeblitz

Level 40 2* Ifrit
Pure destruction. So good. Could be even better if they spent money on that chest with the ATK +20% ability, but even they know that's a huge waste of money.

Zafir

Equipment:
Sakurafubuki (ATK +98)

Abilites:
Doublehand
Blade Mastery
ATK +10
Bladeblitz

Level 40 2* Ifrit
Pure destruction. So good.

Wow that's a lot of trust grinding right there. xD

Wow that's a lot of trust grinding right there. xD

I'd love to see their whole party since I'm pretty sure they were dual wielding Excaliburs at one point also with a different character.

Also, if you see Euphor!a here say he's got some friends spots open, take him up on that. Your Vaan is amazing man. I use him whenever he's available to select. At least I'm pretty sure it's Euphor!a's Vaan that is amazing.

Xion86

Not even started the new island yet :p taking my time. I have a few quests still left over that I'm finishing off. Finally got Kefka and Terra to 80 though so that's out the way.

What are you guys doing with your standard characters that get 100% TM? Keep them around and just raise the next batch of dupes?

Also, argh...finding it a pain to get Earth Megacrysts to drop for an early quest..

Zafir

I'd love to see their whole party since I'm pretty sure they were dual wielding Excaliburs at one point also with a different character.

Also, if you see Euphor!a here say he's got some friends spots open, take him up on that. Your Vaan is amazing man. I use him whenever he's available to select. At least I'm pretty sure it's Euphor!a's Vaan that is amazing.

Oh yeah, I have their Vaan, he's rather the beast!

Lyrian

Just hit the Frost Dragon in the Colosseum...

Hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaa

You know what? It can sit there for a couple months for all I care. That's a suicide fight outside of having a bleeding edge team that is completely tricked out.

I'll go back to farming good old normal Colosseum points for the trophies now, tyvm.

You know what? It can sit there for a couple months for all I care. That's a suicide fight outside of having a bleeding edge team that is completely tricked out.

I'll go back to farming good old normal Colosseum points for the trophies now, tyvm.

What is your team?

What setup makes his Vaan beastly? Not sure what I should look to do with him outside level him so he learns Full Break.

Full Break alone makes him a great unit to have. Great support unit with good stats. Being able to equip spells like Barfira, Barthundara, etc is really helpful.

Edit: I definitely misread what you posted and see you were talking about Euphor!a's Vaan. He's got some great trust mastery like Barrage on his Vaan. Well over 400 Attack too.

Heng

Equipment:
Sakurafubuki (ATK +98)

Abilites:
Doublehand
Blade Mastery
ATK +10%
Bladeblitz

Level 40 2* Ifrit
Pure destruction. So good. Could be even better if they spent money on that chest with the ATK +20% ability, but even they know that's a huge waste of money.
What? No dual wield?
Just kidding, I'm very envious :(

Is he the guy who discovered the "unlimited" energy glitch? I know one of the euphoria discovered it.

What? No dual wield?
Just kidding, I'm very envious :(

Is he the guy who discovered the "unlimited" energy glitch? I know one of the euphoria discovered it.

There is/was a glitch with energy? Oh man, never heard of that one. Would have been great to take advantage of that.

Really though, none of the really good TMs or units are needed to clear most of the current content. Frost Dragon might be different though. I had to get some lucky pulls to finally put that one down. I'm sure better equipment in the future will make a big difference though.

Maybe some JP players could answer this question. Where does the INT S-5 Colosseum Frost Dragon stand in terms of overall difficulty so far with this game? How far along does that boss become a normal boss in the game? Bosses have lots of different strengths and weaknesses so I know that could be a tough one to answer.

Shouta

hahaha I am NOT going to grind any of this shit

You guys are crazy

Im just going to focus on the gameplay that comes naturally until the game isnt fun anymore

You gonna be playing forever then unless you get tired of currency grinding during events but that isn't very hard with a good setup, lol.

Heng

There is/was a glitch with energy? Oh man, never heard of that one. Would have been great to take advantage of that.
The glitch no longer works. It use to be possible during the soft launch since the dailies were kept track from the client side. Now every time you accept the rewards, it goes through their server, which prevents you from accepting dailies' reward multiple times a day.

Lyrian

What is your team?

To be fair, quite underpowered. Still using some of the freebie story units.

Also, grats on the assist on my team in clearing the 3rd isle story boss (which is still substantially weaker than Europa by a considerable margin), lol.

In reality, the Frost Dragon is scaled for gear/abilities that are beyond what is currently available outside of TM gear/abilities.

-- If the dragon focuses 2 of its 3 attacks in a single round on the same caster, the caster is dead (it can do over 1000 per hit, even with Cheer up).

-- The dragon has a massive HP pool. So massive, that any damage below 10k per offensive unit per round might as well be 1 damage.

You can't use items in the Colosseum, so no ethers to refill MP.

So, assuming 3 offensive units at 10k damage/round, 9 rounds are required to kill it. Most units don't have the MP to cast their top spells/abilities 9 times in a round.

At 15k damage/unit, that reduces the time needed to 6 rounds, which is more manageable. But, to pull off that kind of damage requires Full Breaking / Barraging/ Dual Wielding, etc. on top tier units.

So right now, the fight is a pure damage race before the player gets unlucky with attacks from the dragon.

All that for a Turbo Ether recipe? I can wait, doubly so as Turbo Ethers are directly purchasable.

Vex_

Banned
To be fair, quite underpowered. Still using some of the freebie story units.

Also, grats on the assist on my team in clearing the 3rd isle story boss (which is still substantially weaker than Europa by a considerable margin), lol.

In reality, the Frost Dragon is scaled for gear/abilities that are beyond what is currently available outside of TM gear/abilities.

-- If the dragon focuses 2 of its 3 attacks in a single round on the same caster, the caster is dead (it can do over 1000 per hit, even with Cheer up).

-- The dragon has a massive HP pool. So massive, that any damage below 10k per offensive unit per round might as well be 1 damage.

You can't use items in the Colosseum, so no ethers to refill MP.

So, assuming 3 offensive units at 10k damage/round, 9 rounds are required to kill it. Most units don't have the MP to cast their top spells/abilities 9 times in a round.

At 15k damage/unit, that reduces the time needed to 6 rounds, which is more manageable. But, to pull off that kind of damage requires Full Breaking / Barraging/ Dual Wielding, etc. on top tier units.

So right now, the fight is a pure damage race before the player gets unlucky with attacks from the dragon.

All that for a Turbo Ether recipe? I can wait, doubly so as Turbo Ethers are directly purchasable.

Soooooo what's your team? I need names here, man.

Lyrian

Soooooo what's your team? I need names here, man.

lol, ok.

Rain/Lasswell/Kefka/Krille/Fina; all maxed.

Rain is worthless here. He is scheduled to be benched as soon as my Artemios gets up to speed.

Lasswell is marginally acceptable @260ish ATK, using Raging Fist.
Kefka is okay with Hyperdrive.

Fina/Krille were cycling triple Cura. They can keep the run going as long as the dragon doesn't focus its attacks on one of them each round. Once that happens, GG. They simply don't have the HP to tank the dragon's hits, even with HP+10% and DEF+10%.

Simply put, a better team needs to constructed to have a non-zero chance of winning. Full stop. Get gud, and all that.

Lyrian

Easiest way to obtain the 300k damage trophy?

Earth Shrine Exploration, with a friend Kefka.

Deshell the boss, Faith Kefka (a good Kefka should have Shiva attached as an esper giving these spells), cast Hyperdrive. A Kefka with 250 or higher MAG should hit 300k all by himself.

Lyrian

As expected, the last exploration is subpar as well. Extremely disappointing, especially given that it costs a whopping 16 energy to run.

5369 gil
42634 unit xp (~30 encounters)
511 rank xp <-- rank xp isn't bad and close to 2* espers, a bit of a saving grace here

Crysts: Dark + Wind + Fire
Magicite: Black
Ore: Iron + Silver (no Mythril)

Reddit consensus is that the only exploration on Kolobos worth farming is the Marsh. Everything else is simply too expensive for what you get. Collection point drops are generally worse than on the 2nd isle in terms of number of items dropped.

After the annoying kill and fetch quests are done, I'll probably unlikely ever set foot in the third isle again, outside of the Marsh (and only until Shiva is 2* maxed).

Valus

Has anyone collected the FB friends lapis? I'm trying to figure out how it works.

I joined a FFBE group on FB and added a ton of people there. Once they are on my friend's list, I went into the game and invited them to the game...and nothing happened. No lapis unlocked.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: Lyrian I think it's funny/ironic that you're one of the most knowledgeable people here and have spent cash on magic keys but don't have an OP team. But yeah you're Lasswell is cool, I've used him.

Heng

Has anyone collected the FB friends lapis? I'm trying to figure out how it works.

I joined a FFBE group on FB and added a ton of people there. Once they are on my friend's list, I went into the game and invited them to the game...and nothing happened. No lapis unlocked.

What am I doing wrong?

PS: Lyrian I think it's funny/ironic that you're one of the most knowledgeable people here and have spent cash on magic keys but don't have an OP team. But yeah you're Lasswell is cool, I've used him.
Mine is stuck on the 20 tier bonus and I cannot get any higher. I've talked to 2 customer service and they've told they brought it to the attention of the right department. They could just send me a mail with 750 lapis but they won't do that. Honestly I've just accepted that I'm not going to get those rewards... :(

dennism

anyone got a weird error after the update? sometimes i will get "this function is not readily available" error, then it kicks me to the login page

Yogg

I'm reaching him in 3 hours. I'm very curious now!

Vex_

Banned
lol, ok.

Rain/Lasswell/Kefka/Krille/Fina; all maxed.

Rain is worthless here. He is scheduled to be benched as soon as my Artemios gets up to speed.

Lasswell is marginally acceptable @260ish ATK, using Raging Fist.
Kefka is okay with Hyperdrive.

Fina/Krille were cycling triple Cura. They can keep the run going as long as the dragon doesn't focus its attacks on one of them each round. Once that happens, GG. They simply don't have the HP to tank the dragon's hits, even with HP+10% and DEF+10%.

Simply put, a better team needs to constructed to have a non-zero chance of winning. Full stop. Get gud, and all that.

And you say you're fighting the FROST dragon?

Hmm. On paper, it should still be doable, but your team is ass. You using barblizzara? Cheer isn't going to protect you from him too much. He is only immune to poison and stone so you shoul-

Yea I got nothing you're screwed. Youre so fucked.

bonkeng

And you say you're fighting the FROST dragon?

Hmm. On paper, it should still be doable, but your team is ass. You using barblizzara? Cheer isn't going to protect you from him too much. He is only immune to poison and stone so you shoul-

Yea I got nothing you're screwed. Youre so fucked.

You're rubbing salt on wounds here man lol.

He already knows his team's not good enough yet.

I'm reaching him in 3 hours. I'm very curious now!

Good luck with that.

leehom

Mine is stuck on the 20 tier bonus and I cannot get any higher. I've talked to 2 customer service and they've told they brought it to the attention of the right department. They could just send me a mail with 750 lapis but they won't do that. Honestly I've just accepted that I'm not going to get those rewards... :(

Same here. I was able to add over 200 fb friends in one day, but I'm stuck at the 20 tier. :(
I saw on some of their facebook posts that they were able to unlock all the tiers somehow...

Kouriozan

A wild Tidus appear!

FZUJWrH.png

See you in 6 months :D
(From Reddit)

Vex_

Banned
You're rubbing salt on wounds here man lol.

He already knows his team's not good enough yet.

Yea I'm not even gonna lie to him. he so fucked holy shit. He might as well throw his phone in the garbage.
LOL!

A wild Tidus appear!

FZUJWrH.png

See you in 6 months :D
(From Reddit)

Hmmm.... Finally a character that I actually like (design wise anyway). Tidus always translates well into other games. He always ends up looking cooler than he did in his own game.

Xion86

Yes! Demon Chimera down! He sort of gave up after a while. I wasn't even doing that much damage so took a lot longer. Walk in the park after the nightmare that was Europa...

My party was Rain, Kain, Kefka, Terra and Fina.

Glad that's out the way.

Yogg

Frost Dragon down on the fourth try ! That was close, CoD was my last char alive with about 500 hp left. I got pretty lucky with screech on that try, he only used it 3 or 4 times.

EDarkness

Damn, Titus looks awesome. I'll be saving up my tickets so that I can try to get him.

Added a couple of people who I didn't have on my friend's list. Character's name is Talbain.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Def scary popular and loved units are pretty much whale exclusive as 5* base units - thats why i wondered at launch if the game has any kind of farmable units like other Gacha games.

Dont care too much about Tidus...but Auron and my bae Yuna *hype*

Give me Auron or give me death!

My man !!

Blazed

I just deleted a bunch of people who were inactive for a month or so. Trimming the friend list can be a pain, I wish you can highlight several and delete at once.

I've got a bartz dual wielding excalibur and gungnir, i'd appreciate anyone with a spare friend spot to add me, you don't have to have an op unit, just make sure to gift <3. (020180865)

Slaythe

I just deleted a bunch of people who were inactive for a month or so. Trimming the friend list can be a pain, I wish you can highlight several and delete at once.

I've got a bartz dual wielding excalibur and gungnir, i'd appreciate anyone with a spare friend spot to add me, you don't have to have an op unit, just make sure to gift <3. (020180865)

A month ?! so nice.

I'm already beating myself for keeping people that have been inactive after 2 days lmao.

Westonian

I just added you. I only started a week ago, but I plan on being very active. Anyone else who wants to add me, I'd greatly appreciated it: 426.559.181

Dawg

Guessing your list is full again because I can't add you.

407atk on your Bartz though... holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom