• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I just deleted a bunch of people who were inactive for a month or so. Trimming the friend list can be a pain, I wish you can highlight several and delete at once.

I've got a bartz dual wielding excalibur and gungnir, i'd appreciate anyone with a spare friend spot to add me, you don't have to have an op unit, just make sure to gift <3. (020180865)

Says you're full, I want to see your Bartz too.

Anyways, on a different topic. Where do you think would it be best to focus my efforts. I've been doing a bit of everything.
2. Pushing to get the Hero Rng Recipe(5 Trophies away)
3. Farm Shards for my Ifirt, I want to get Lvl2 with Beast Killer
4. Raising up additional units while selling off FP ones. Such as Lasswell and Cecil. I figure those two may replace my Edgar and Rain, but Edgar and Rain have been both fine for all content.
5. Do more Quests, even though the rewards suck. It would be more trophies on the side.
6. Unlock the other summons, only have 3 of the 5, but I'm in no rush since it will be another week or so before I hit Frost Dragon in Col.

Celegus

I just deleted a bunch of people who were inactive for a month or so. Trimming the friend list can be a pain, I wish you can highlight several and delete at once.

I've got a bartz dual wielding excalibur and gungnir, i'd appreciate anyone with a spare friend spot to add me, you don't have to have an op unit, just make sure to gift <3. (020180865)

I just added you. I only started a week ago, but I plan on being very active. Anyone else who wants to add me, I'd greatly appreciated it: 426.559.181

Both of you guys are full already fyi. Westonian, it's a good use of lapis to upgrade your friendlist at least a few times if you haven't yet.

Blazed

Guessing your list is full again because I can't add you.

407atk on your Bartz though... holy shit.

Nah my list isn't full, but it's a bug that happen sometimes when people try to add me, I have no idea why. My best guess would be it's because of the FB friends, since it started happening right afterwards. I spent like 2 and a half months farming TMs, when it comes to gungnir, it was pretty easy since I pulled like 8 kains. Cecil, bartz, and zidane took forever though. I'd just keep my phone beside me with whatever i'm doing, and make sure that the energy bar is never full, then always do one last spree of the entrance before i sleep.

A month ?! so nice.

I'm already beating myself for keeping people that have been inactive after 2 days lmao.

Hahah I actually meant that because I haven't checked my friend list in a while, there were people who went as long as a month since they last logged in. I deleted them along with people who didn't login for more than 2 days, so I'm as merciless as you :p.

Blazed

Yeah same here, It's at 104/130. I already added 4 people though after I posted my ID number. I'm hoping it was you guys. This stupid bug sucks and it's been like this since I added people from FB, which is at least 2 months by now.

Dawg

My current team is:

Maxed Krile
Maxed Fina
Maxed Lasswell
Maxed Kefka
Maxed Medius

According to https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings that means my rankings are

Krile 7/10
Fina 7/10
Lasswell 6,5/10
Kefka 8/10
Medius 6/10

I have two healers because Fina needs a lot of MP for cheer and she simply isn't strong enough to heal everyone for strong bosses. I need someone who can heal twice on a single turn without losing my precious Cheer.

Thing is... my physical party members are only around 6-6,5/10 while Kefka is a solid 8.

Now, for my question... I have multiple Kefkas on my account. Would I be stronger if I replaced Medius for a second Kefka? Or would losing too much physical attackers be a bad thing? Lasswell would be the only physical attacker left.

wilstreak

My current team is:

Maxed Krile
Maxed Fina
Maxed Lasswell
Maxed Kefka
Maxed Medius

Krile 7/10
Fina 7/10
Lasswell 6,5/10
Kefka 8/10
Medius 6/10

I have two healers because Fina needs a lot of MP for cheer and she simply isn't strong enough to heal everyone for strong bosses. I need someone who can heal twice on a single turn without losing my precious Cheer.

Thing is... my physical party members are only around 6-6,5/10 while Kefka is a solid 8.

Now, for my question... I have multiple Kefkas on my account. Would I be stronger if I replaced Medius for a second Kefka? Or would losing too much physical attackers be a bad thing? Lasswell would be the only physical attacker left.

I think you won't be able to defeat Demon Chimera (2nd after White dragon).
it resist all elemental attack and Hyperdrive is not strong enough

Valus

Says you're full, I want to see your Bartz too.

Anyways, on a different topic. Where do you think would it be best to focus my efforts. I've been doing a bit of everything.
2. Pushing to get the Hero Rng Recipe(5 Trophies away)
3. Farm Shards for my Ifirt, I want to get Lvl2 with Beast Killer
4. Raising up additional units while selling off FP ones. Such as Lasswell and Cecil. I figure those two may replace my Edgar and Rain, but Edgar and Rain have been both fine for all content.
5. Do more Quests, even though the rewards suck. It would be more trophies on the side.
6. Unlock the other summons, only have 3 of the 5, but I'm in no rush since it will be another week or so before I hit Frost Dragon in Col.

IMO:

1. Unlock other summons
2. Finish all quests
3. Get hero ring recipe
4. Get Ifrit 2*
5. Work on FP units

Just so you know - my Ifrit is 2* level 34 and I haven't grinded for magicite at all. All I do is feed him the magicite I get from running Westersands/Woflsgang for hero ring mats.

Zafir

A wild Tidus appear!

FZUJWrH.png

See you in 6 months :D
(From Reddit)

Damn, that's a nice sprite.

Irnbru

lol. I guess a maxed chizu, Exdeath, kefka, and Vann is a bit much, one shot frost dragon and chimera... Woo free stuff!

Lyrian

And you say you're fighting the FROST dragon?

Hmm. On paper, it should still be doable, but your team is ass. You using barblizzara? Cheer isn't going to protect you from him too much. He is only immune to poison and stone so you shoul-

Yea I got nothing you're screwed. Youre so fucked.

Yup. That laughing was the realization of objectively having literally zero chance to defeat that with my current setup.

Resists aren't the problem, its the sheer melee damage output from the Frost Dragon. It's simply too high for the current power levels of the game to tank properly. In reality, everyone needs to be in the 2500-3000 HP range to be able to survive an unlucky barrage from it. Then, the issue of how to actually heal that back every round comes into play. I believe only Roselina knows Curaja at this point in the game on Global? But, a player is still going to need Curaja + Cura every round to keep up with the incoming damage.

And that's before the necessary DPS requirements. Frost Dragon is simply the current bleeding edge encounter in terms of difficulty on Global, hands down.

Lyrian

PS: Lyrian I think it's funny/ironic that you're one of the most knowledgeable people here and have spent cash on magic keys but don't have an OP team. But yeah you're Lasswell is cool, I've used him.

Thanks for the kind words.

The only difference here is that I didn't go through the re-rolling craziness at game's formal launch. Just rolled with what the game gave me and did well with what I got.

I can tweak Lasswell to be a bit better and probably will do that later today. He's a decent starting point, but there's definitely better DPS units out there (otherwise, what would be the point of rolling for a better unit?).

Lyrian

Finally won against Frost Dragon on my 5th try.

Grand Cross and 3 units with cura to the rescue

Grats on the win!

At this point in the game, 3 curas/round is needed to keep up with the incoming damage and generally isn't sustainable in the long haul. Very cool that it worked out for you on that last run.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
IMO:

1. Unlock other summons
2. Finish all quests
3. Get hero ring recipe
4. Get Ifrit 2*
5. Work on FP units

Just so you know - my Ifrit is 2* level 34 and I haven't grinded for magicite at all. All I do is feed him the magicite I get from running Westersands/Woflsgang for hero ring mats.

Oh, good idea.

I assume TM farming would be last? Just because it is a long process with nothing that carries over to over missions?

So hero rings aren't all that great for attackers are they lol I was fucking around with equips between Bartz and Garland and realized that hyper wrists were giving me a better boost than the rings.

Transitioning Bartz into my primary attacker it seems to make more sense to keep the rings on Garland seeing as he's a tanky Mage anyway

Though tbh I'm not all that thrilled with Bartz overall >.>

Lyrian

My current team is:

Maxed Krile
Maxed Fina
Maxed Lasswell
Maxed Kefka
Maxed Medius

Krile 7/10
Fina 7/10
Lasswell 6,5/10
Kefka 8/10
Medius 6/10

This is actually pretty close to the team I am using right now.

Your casting damage would definitely go up. However, Cheer doesn't work well with mage units (it buffs ATK, not MAG). With only one physical unit left, casting Cheer probably isn't worth the cost of casting anymore.

On the other hand, you could sync Krille dualcast + both Kefkas to cast the same spell for a really nice Element Chain to rack up the damage.

Is there anything in the game atm that increases your chance at a successful steal? I am getting so tired of my 5* Vaan missing 70% of the time....even on low level stuff...so dumb.

Valus

Oh, good idea.

I assume TM farming would be last? Just because it is a long process with nothing that carries over to over missions?

Yeah I haven't done any TM grinding yet. I'd save that for last as it's extremely tedious. I'm going to get Nox and macro grind it over night I think.

So hero rings aren't all that great for attackers are they lol I was fucking around with equips between Bartz and Garland and realized that hyper wrists were giving me a better boost than the rings.

Transitioning Bartz into my primary attacker it seems to make more sense to keep the rings on Garland seeing as he's a tanky Mage anyway

Is your Bartz max level yet? I only ask because I was disappointed with him too until I got Barrage. Sucks that he's whatever until level 77 but when you do get it he's a powerhouse. And hey, his TM reward is great.

Shouta

Hero Rings are better if you have a high base attack.

Yogg

Finally won against Frost Dragon on my 5th try.

Grand Cross and 3 units with cura to the rescue

Grats ! What lineup did you use ?

At this point in the game, 3 curas/round is needed to keep up with the incoming damage and generally isn't sustainable in the long haul.

I ran single healer, but I had Celes+Fina for Focus + Cheer, and Leo + CoD who are very good at taking a beating. But screech is so annoying !

I don't know how I'll ever replace fina+celes, the defensive boost is just insane.

Hey guys. I've got 5 golden tickets right now. Is it worth trying to pull Locke and co.? (I'm also close to 5000 lapis to obtain the golden ticket chest) Or should I save it for the next batch?

I noticed in the jp version have the type0 cast. How long do think it would take for them to be on global?

Dawg

Hey guys. I've got 5 golden tickets right now. Is it worth trying to pull Locke and co.? (I'm also close to 5000 lapis to obtain the golden ticket chest) Or should I save it for the next batch?

I noticed in the jp version have the type0 cast. How long do think it would take for them to be on global?

Keep them for when better units arrive.

Lyrian

In theory (via datamining), there should 9 daily packages of golden tickets being sold for 300 per ticket about 2 weeks from now. A much better buy than the 11 for 5000, if true. Also, as Dawg said, the units in the current banner are solid, but not gamebreaking. As they are 3* base, they should be easily pullable in the future when you are rolling for the truly good units.

So yeah, save the tickets.

Lyrian

Which it would seem Bartz doesn't have lol

And yeah he's maxed, Barrage is pretty awesome. Compared I suppose to Vaan or Chizuru Bartz seems more like a utility character that happens to have decent attack and spell usage

The unit needs to have at least 100 base ATK (without buffs and gear) for a Hero Ring to break even with a Hyper Wrist and 110 to surpass it (which very few units have atm). Hero Rings make a significant difference once 6*s start rolling out.

Dreavus

I'm trying to add a player via his ID but it's not working.

Is there separation between iOS and Android at all for friends?

EDIT: Nvm, there was a typo somewhere.

The unit needs to have at least 100 base ATK (without buffs and gear) for a Hero Ring to break even with a Hyper Wrist and 110 to surpass it (which very few units have atm). Hero Rings make a significant difference once 6*s start rolling out.

Yeah, I'll keep the Hypers on Bartz then...I want Garland's 6* already!!

leehom

Is there anything in the game atm that increases your chance at a successful steal? I am getting so tired of my 5* Vaan missing 70% of the time....even on low level stuff...so dumb.

I hear ya, I summoned a lev 52 Locke and he missed every steal on the exploration map (even his LB). I thought natural thiefs were suppose to be able to steal easier, not harder. Didn't notice a difference on the exploration drops either.

Lyrian

The steal trophy was absolutely painful to achieve.

A thief who learns steal natively has around a 50% chance to steal sucessfully.
A non-thief equipped with the Steal ability **maybe** has a 20-25% chance to steal successfully.

The remedy to the issue is the Thief Bracer, which doubles thieving chances. 50% * 2 = 100% success rate (or so I've read). The bracer is obtained for completing the 25 Earth Key collection quest. Unfortunately, even with the release of the third isle, 2 of the keys are still missing. Thus, the bracer will likely be unobtainable until the release of the next area, which is probably a full month away (based on JP release schedule).

And yeah, Locke's limit break got nerfed hard or was broken with the patch. If nerfed, I can't understand why. There's nothing of significant value that can be obtained from thieving at the moment, only crafting and non-crystal awakening materials.

Dreavus

Just to show a bit more appreciation for this game's soundtrack...

I am really enjoying how they've used the classic Final fantasy "prelude" theme as a motif throughout the whole thing. You can hear it tucked into a ton of the game's songs. Really cool!

Lyrian

So Ramuh is a stronger mage esper than Shiva right?

This will sound so fucking stupid but, SPR is both a defense against magic AND healing potency?

Yes, on both counts.

Ramuh is more black mage oriented (heavier bias towards MAG), while Shiva is more balanced in her stats.

hitmon

Is anybody else having a hard time getting any Fire Megacrysts? I've ran around 10 runs and haven't gotten one to drop in Z. Westersand. In comparison, I have been able to get at least one Ice Megacrysts with every other run on Wolfsgang Peak.

Yogg

Is anybody else having a hard time getting any Fire Megacrysts? I've ran around 10 runs and haven't gotten one to drop in Z. Westersand. In comparison, I have been able to get at least one Ice Megacrysts with every other run on Wolfsgang Peak.

It's just bad luck, I've had the exact opposite for the past 2 days. It just evens out in the long run.

Dreavus

Might be a stupid question but what is TM farming? Keep seeing it mentioned

"Trust Mastery" farming.

At the end of every stage there's a small chance (~10% I think?) That one of your units' "trust" will increase by 0.1%. Once a unit gets to 100% you obtain their "trust mastery reward", which is usually a good piece of equipment of ability/spell that you can't get elsewhere. The only other way to increase trust is the enhance a duplicate unit, which is something you typically don't want to do if the Trust reward is something valuable to multiple characters (Kefka's Ribbon reward for example).

Trust Mastery farming means just doing the 1 energy stages over and over and over again to slowly build up Trust Mastery with the characters in your party.

Yes, it is exactly as mind numbing as it sounds.

In the future we are supposed to be getting a way to increase trust other than the small chance after battles and merging dupes method.

Yogg

Might be a stupid question but what is TM farming? Keep seeing it mentioned

That's running Earth Shrine that costs only 1 NRG tons of times in a row with a party consisting only of characters of which you want to get the TM reward. It's mindless and annoying but it's the best way to get TM rewards the faster.

Lyrian

And that's all she wrote folks. Third isle is completely in the books.

Eye is going to twitch for awhile every time I think about being stuck on 66/70 quest trophies for another 500 lapis for the next month. At least the lone pain in the arse kill quest is much, much easier than hunting Hungers.

Back to leveling units and resupplying my depleted crafting resources in Lanzelt.

Eye is going to twitch for awhile every time I think about being stuck on 66/70 quest trophies for another 500 lapis for the next month. At least the lone pain in the arse kill quest is much, much easier than hunting Hungers.

Back to leveling units and resupplying my depleted crafting resources in Lanzelt.

Just finished up the story content too! Now all have is get Ramuh and finish the handful of quests I'll be pretty completely done with the third isle.

Forgot that finishing new areas gets you 100 Lapis, I was worried I wouldn't have enough for the upcomcing daily 300 lapis ticket+other stuff bundle, but at the moment I'm back to swimming in lapis.

Yogg

I'm still missing 5 armored beasts, but I got the first 5 so much faster than with Hungers (3 runs). It's still annoying to drop that much energy to complete it tho :( I'd rather put that in TM right now.

Lyrian

I'm still missing 5 armored beasts, but I got the first 5 so much faster than with Hungers (3 runs). It's still annoying to drop that much energy to complete it tho :( I'd rather put that in TM right now.

Yes it is, without a doubt. 12 per run of 3 floor is awful.

On the other hand, the armored beasts spawn way more often than hungers. Sometimes, two will spawn on the same floor, which is nice.

Also, you can double up with the moogle eater killer quest at the same time. On the 3 runs of the top floor to kill the moogle eater, I racked up 5 armored beasts. Then, I farmed the 4th floor and had the remaining 5 in only 3 runs.

Heng

My first attempt at frost dragon... Turn 1, he screech and gets 3/5 of my party members which leads to Garland one shoting Kefka. I raise him and next turn CoD kills Kefka.

I'll give him another try when I get an orb back for Colosseum. The whole run was terrible, I think I had like 5 screech in total in that run.

Should I use Lasswell instead of Kefka? My team is composed of: Garland, CoD, Fina, Terra, and Kefka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom