• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I'm constantly running out of space for materials (and units, but that's easily remedied). Should I spend Lapis on material space? If not, what's the best way to manage excess materials?

scarlet

Grats on the win!

At this point in the game, 3 curas/round is needed to keep up with the incoming damage and generally isn't sustainable in the long haul. Very cool that it worked out for you on that last run.

Thanks, I had 2 curas and almost beat him. So I craft another one and it helps.

Grats ! What lineup did you use ?

I ran single healer, but I had Celes+Fina for Focus + Cheer, and Leo + CoD who are very good at taking a beating. But screech is so annoying !

I don't know how I'll ever replace fina+celes, the defensive boost is just insane.

Chizuru - Blade Bash and got him paralysed twice, and barrage when FD had 1/4 HP left

Exdeath - Cura, Imperil, Firaga, Grand Cross (give FD blind, confuse and another one. Blind helps a lot)

Fina - Cura, Curaga, Silence once and Entrust to Exdeath for Grand cross

Rain - equipped with flametongue, so just attack and cura

Laswell - Mirage and Raging fist

Aurizen

I'm trying to get 1 Million gil, any tips or best places to grind for gil. I've been grinding at the gil snapper event thats been happening now

Dreavus

I'm trying to get 1 Million gil, any tips or best places to grind for gil. I've been grinding at the gil snapper event thats been happening now

I'm doing the same. I'm curious if it's worth it.

I remember some people were saying that on a per-energy basis the previous event wasn't actually that great (magicite).

Aurizen

Thanks, I had 2 curas and almost beat him. So I craft another one and it helps.

Chizuru - Blade Bash and got him paralysed twice, and barrage when FD had 1/4 HP left

Exdeath - Cura, Imperil, Firaga, Grand Cross (give FD blind, confuse and another one. Blind helps a lot)

Fina - Cura, Curaga, Silence once and Entrust to Exdeath for Grand cross

Rain - equipped with flametongue, so just attack and cura

Laswell - Mirage and Raging fist

Is this for Frost Dragon? I beat him with a very mediocre team...
Rain, Lasswell, Golbez Shantotto, and Fina.

They weren't maxed. Fina was a 4 star and the equipment was mediocre at that time.

I'm doing the same. I'm curious if it's worth it.

I remember some people were saying that on a per-energy basis the previous event wasn't actually that great (magicite).

Yeah I don't think its worth it... I've been doing 2 runs and wait like 2 hours to go again..

scarlet

They weren't maxed. Fina was a 4 star and the equipment was mediocre at that time.

Yeah I don't think its worth it... I've been doing 2 runs and wait like 2 hours to go again..

Yeah, in the colloseum.

Congrats then

In theory (via datamining), there should 9 daily packages of golden tickets being sold for 300 per ticket about 2 weeks from now. A much better buy than the 11 for 5000, if true. Also, as Dawg said, the units in the current banner are solid, but not gamebreaking. As they are 3* base, they should be easily pullable in the future when you are rolling for the truly good units.

So yeah, save the tickets.

That's interesting. Well, I hold on to both my ticket and lapis then.

Thanks for the info

Heng

Are you talking about the one in INT S-5 Colosseum or the one in Wolfsfang Peak? That team sounds like it would run out of MP before killing him in Colosseum.

I'm constantly running out of space for materials (and units, but that's easily remedied). Should I spend Lapis on material space? If not, what's the best way to manage excess materials?

Yeah material space is one of the slots you'll want to expand. I have mine at 85 right now and that seems to be perfect.

Vex_

Banned
My first attempt at frost dragon... Turn 1, he screech and gets 3/5 of my party members which leads to Garland one shoting Kefka. I raise him and next turn CoD kills Kefka.

I laughed like the joker when I read this.

Thanks.

Heng

I laughed like the joker when I read this.

Thanks.
Well I'm glad you enjoyed my misery. :p

jz0bulb.jpg
Garland continues his reign of terror. The run was going fine at 20% health left but he decided to go on a rampage on his own team... First he took out Terra and then Fina before the dragon finally finished him off. Went from a sure win to a total disaster in 4 turns. :(

scarlet

Well I'm glad you enjoyed my misery. :p

Garland continues his reign of terror. The run was going fine at 20% health left but he decided to go on a rampage on his own team... First he took out Terra and then Fina before the dragon finally finished him off. Went from a sure win to a total disaster in 4 turns. :(

You can do it in next turn.

I'm lucky my confuse unit didn't kill the rest of my team.

I only attack them 3 times to cure the confuse status and the rest were luck.

RedZaraki

Banned
So phantom forest is still the best to farm magicite or has that changed?

The new places cost like twice the energy and don't really average twice the magicite.

I think that PF gives the best magicite per energy still. Only 3 spots but they usually give 2 pages of resources each.

Sometimes I get 2 mega green per run.

Aurizen

Are you talking about the one in INT S-5 Colosseum or the one in Wolfsfang Peak? That team sounds like it would run out of MP before killing him in Colosseum.

Ohhh S5 I haven't finished the Colosseum yet I'm on that now... Not sure how I'd make out on that level

Heng

Wait I thought it was confirmed Kefka was getting a 6* ; ;
He doesn't have it in Japan, but most people are speculating he will someday.

You can do it in next turn.

I'm lucky my confuse unit didn't kill the rest of my team.

I only attack them 3 times to cure the confuse status and the rest were luck.
I actually got lucky on that run. The dragon kept trying to confuse Fina who has the Black Choker, and the only one he actually got it on were Kefka and Terra (and of course Garland). I think this team will need a lot of help from RNG to take him down tbh, if he gets Garland then I'm basically screwed.

scarlet

He doesn't have it in Japan, but most people are speculating he will someday.

I actually got lucky on that run. The dragon kept trying to confuse Fina who has the Black Choker, and the only one he actually got it on were Kefka and Terra (and of course Garland). I think this team will need a lot of help from RNG to take him down tbh, if he gets Garland then I'm basically screwed.

I may have the top 2 units on Global, but the rest are mediocre.

Your units are more well rounded than mine, just try again. You can do it!

Try to craft more cura, if you have another unit that can use it!

Beat Frost Dragon today. My team was Kefka, Bartz, Fina, Cecil, Firion. I got lucky with Firion getting 2 paralyzes.

Need some more content.

How often do gacha games usually have "free premium currency for every day this week" promos? I'm close to the point where I won't get any lapis aside from the daily quests, regular login rewards, and ranking up.

How often do gacha games usually have "free premium currency for every day this week" promos? I'm close to the point where I won't get any lapis aside from the daily quests, regular login rewards, and ranking up.
That's actually a ton of free in-game pull currency, considering u also get a free ticket on usually every 7th day of login

Decided to blow a free ticket I had saved and got Locke. I then said fuck it and clicked again and got Cloud of Darkness. I'm super happy right now hahahaha. Still got like 4 tickets and 4k lapis. Feels good bros.

My current team is Bartz, Kefka, Vaan, Golbez, and Fina. I'm thinking of switching out the Golbez. What do you guys think?

Heng

Decided to blow a free ticket I had saved and got Locke. I then said fuck it and clicked again and got Cloud of Darkness. I'm super happy right now hahahaha. Still got like 4 tickets and 4k lapis. Feels good bros.

My current team is Bartz, Kefka, Vaan, Golbez, and Fina. I'm thinking of switching out the Golbez. What do you guys think?
Wow congrats! Golbez is definitely the weakest character in your line up, you even have Kefka to overshadow him. I would replace him if I were you.

On my 7th try! Although my app did crash twice which ended in an automatic lose (not like those attempts were promising anyways). I gave Garland the Black Choker so he would stop killing Kefka and my healers, but CoD filled that role for him.

That's actually a ton of free in-game pull currency, considering u also get a free ticket on usually every 7th day of login

It's alright, it's 475 lapis a week guaranteed (125 lapis from login reward, 350 lapis from dailies), plus another 100 lapis for a rank up (may take more than week), plus a free ticket. I guess you're right, that's about two pulls a week.

Dreavus

Anything better to spam in the forge other than staff (3 wood) or bronze knife (3 copper ore)? I'm running low on both of those materials.

Xion86

Okay time to finally start the new island! Went and cleared the quests I had left (apart from defeating 10 Hungers as I can't get them to spawn :( ), maxed my newly additions of Terra and Kefka to 80, defeated Europa and Demon Chimera. Going with Rain, Kain, Terra, Lasswell and Kefka.

Dragner

Used a friend's Artemios and I like him!

So tempted to use my tickets for him.

Artemios will be good for a long time. He will get a bow on the third trial so he will be almost chizuru levels of lethal. Then 6* awakenings start to happen and he becomes obsolete. But that shoud be far away. If you dont have a barrage user its probably the best option.

Lyrian

So phantom forest is still the best to farm magicite or has that changed?

Yup, Lanzelt explorations pretty much still trump all the Kolobos explorations.

Popular theory at the moment is that while the Kolobos explorations have more collection points, the net number of drops per run is the same. This would explain why the Kolobos Isle nodes tend to drop much less materials per node than the Lanzelt nodes.

Factoring in also that the Kolobos explorations cost 1.5x - 2x the stamina of Phantom Forest, there really no contest here.

Lyrian

Used a friend's Artemios and I like him!

So tempted to use my tickets for him.

Trying to get mine up to speed, but its sooooooo slow without Cactaur Dunes. I'd really rather not spend 3-4 days doing nothing but soloing ADV XP vortex to get a single character up to a usable level.

Lyrian

Artemios will be good for a long time. He will get a bow on the third trial so he will be almost chizuru levels of lethal. Then 6* awakenings start to happen and he becomes obsolete. But that shoud be far away. If you dont have a barrage user its probably the best option.

That's exactly the words I wanted to hear about him.

I can see why he doesn't have a 6* awakening as of yet. At the minimum, that would grant him Bow Mastery let alone further damage skills/killers. Coupled with barrage and the crazy number of killers that can be stacked on him, that would lead to a ludicrous amount of DPS shenanigans.

Muku

Hey guys. Looking for friends, have a lot of slots open. I play everyday. My usual leader is Garland @ level 78. (So stoked on getting him so close to cap.) Just send me a note via PM if you're in-game note doesn't say GAF. Mainly because I delete all random friend requests. Thanks! :)

Shouta

I've been wondering the same thing, I was under the impression that beating some boss in the game dropped a good sword. I wonder if the gear that can be purchased provides something better as well.

There will be challenge bosses later on that drop better weapons. In addition, there'll be weapons from events that you can earn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom