• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you need to farm to craft these Items - why else would the event be on for multiple Days ? But if the Gear is worth it...im in xD
I mean it's only like what +10 more MAG for the rod? I think at least for me the opportunity cost is better spend doing other things in the game.

Still don't have Zidane tho so no TM farming for me

Costia

I always liked the idea of playing a turn based JRPG game, but i was always afraid of getting to a dead end because of my lack of knowledge of the mechanics. Things like not leveling the "right" character, missing important spells/powerups/whatever that might require to restart the game later on.
I tried bravely default but didn't get very far because training the "wrong" jobs could get you into trouble with later bosses. (edit: basically it got me very confused very early on)

Is this a good intro for a turn based FF game?
Are there any permanent effects that can affect my progress later on?

Edit: Also, some JRPG's require a lot of grinding, is it the case here as well? Looks like there is an energy system as well, so does it mean a lot of slow grinding?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I mean it's only like what +10 more MAG for the rod? I think at least for me the opportunity cost is better spend doing other things in the game.

Still don't have Zidane tho so no TM farming for me

Sure, i was talking more in a general sense...if the Craft Gear from events is worth it, ill farm them. I dont even have a mage team yet so i need to look into this Rod later.

The more event the better - always good to have a couple of different options, besides just farming the same old TM/Megacrystals

Falk

that puzzling face
I always liked the idea of playing a turn based RPG game, but i was always afraid of getting to a dead end because of my lack of knowledge of the mechanics. Things not leveling the "right" character, missing important spells/powerups/whatever that might require to restart the game later on.
I tried bravely default but didn't get very far because training the "wrong" jobs could get you into trouble with later bosses.

Is this a good intro for a turn based FF game?
Are there any permanent effects that can affect my progress later on?

With that context you probably want to avoid gacha games like the plague because your progress can and will be dictated in large part how lucky you get.

Bravely Default is pretty much a very hardcore mechanics/battle-system based game aimed at fans of that kind of gameplay. Regardless though you're not going to 'lock yourself out' since you can always go back and level other jobs - it doesn't get increasingly harder like e.g. multiclassing in Dungeon Siege (heheheh)

Alternatively as a lighter take on the whole job/class system you could try something like FF5 to see if it suits your fancy.

Edit: Also, some JRPG's require a lot of grinding, is it the case here as well? Looks like there is an energy system as well, so does it mean a lot of slow grinding?

Exvius is grind central even by mobage standards.

desverger

Yeah that's pretty steep requirements for an item that... is not a very big upgrade over a Fire/Ice Rod. Gravity is also not a very good skill. On the plus side, all the mats seem to be dropping in the event dungeon, so if you got nothing better to do..

However, you'll probably be better off spending your stamina farming for Hero Ring mats or TM farming. I know I still need Hero Rings, so I won't be doing any more of this event after clearing the 3 stages.

Razmos

Eurghh
ZtO6K09.png
Each of the 44 void vessels takes 5 dark crysts, 5 far plane soul and 15 minutes. Fuck.

And I honestly don't think I'll have enough time to get that many demon hearts

broz0rs

Eurghh

Each of the 44 void vessels takes 5 dark crysts, 5 far plane soul and 15 minutes. Fuck.

gonna need 220 Farplane Souls total. Dark crysts are free, but Farplane Soul and Demon Heart farming is going to take some serious time.

Costia

With that context you probably want to avoid gacha games like the plague because your progress can and will be dictated in large part how lucky you get.
Bravely Default is pretty much a very hardcore mechanics/battle-system based game aimed at fans of that kind of gameplay. Regardless though you're not going to 'lock yourself out' since you can always go back and level other jobs - it doesn't get increasingly harder like e.g. multiclassing in Dungeon Siege (heheheh)
Alternatively as a lighter take on the whole job/class system you could try something like FF5 to see if it suits your fancy.
Exvius is grind central even by mobage standards.
Thanks.
I always take my phone with me, but the 3DS usually stays at home, so the chances of me getting back into bravely default are quite low.
Looks like FF5 is on iOS, do you have any other recommendations for iOS?

Dragner

No way im running the advance demon thingy 80 times to craft a staff slightly better than ice rod.

And thats not even taking in consideration the other stuff. 44 void vessels is lunacy.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yesssssss! Took me 12 tickets including my 4 star or higher one but guys Tidus! Time to level him.

You have Lightning as well right ? Crazy amount of luck - congrats :eek:

Is Tidus Top Tier ? I would assume so but asking anyway.

Edit:

Okay checked his rating on that site - 98/100...yeah not the worst unit you can pull lol.

Heng

What are the chances of gumi lowering the required mats for this? It doesn't sound like it's worth the effort...

A quick tip for Demons unleashed: You can steal from enemies here.

Am I in right seeing that the massive stones were first time completion only so you're only able to make 2 rod of gravity at best?

The 80 demon hearts part might not be bad in the context of the event duration. Especially if they're guaranteed drops (using intermediate that is 780 NRG which is 65 hours of charge; more than doable in 2 weeks)...which only might be the case in advanced (and this event has damage sponges for enemies). It feels like too steep a hill for too little a boost.

Were the events this bad in Japan? Combine that with the p2w element being garbage (£19 for some +10% abilities, some of which can be crafted or obtained from FP units) and I wonder if global has much chance of surviving beyond the year of guaranteed content.

Shouta

You have Lightning as well right ? Crazy amount of luck - congrats :eek:

Is Tidus Top Tier ? I would assume so but asking anyway.

Edit:

Okay checked his rating on that site - 98/100...yeah not the worst unit you can pull lol.

I don't have lightning, unfortunately. I have her or Luneth lol

UrSuLeTzU

I look at the Wiki that Hyper Wrist only adds +10 ATK while Hero rings add 10% attack. Garland's base attack is 113, with Hero Rings' he will get +11 ATK.

I don't understand how your Garland is better up with Hyper wrist than Hero ring's. Or is there any special ability in the Hyper wrist

It's because of his Double-hand passive ability which applies to accesories as well, pretty neat, right? :)

Kouriozan

Just encountered a thief which gave a demon heart in the event.
Hmm, might be faster than I expected, I will grind it everyday then decide if it's worth it or not.

Shouta

Tidus is OP as fuck going by his ability descriptions. Big damage dealer and he can buff the party at the same tine. He has party MP Refresh and a 40% stat boost that is also an attack. Crikey, lol.

Btw this demon's event in Global sounds like it's a repurposed Imperial Saga collaboration. The stuff from that didn't hold up and they haven't done a crafting/collect event since. It's been currency farming or dungeons other than the all player events which were points.

Kouriozan

Tidus is OP as fuck going by his ability descriptions. Big damage dealer and he can buff the party at the same tine. He has party MP Refresh and a 40% stat boost that is also an attack. Crikey, lol.

Btw this demon's event in Global sounds like it's a repurposed Imperial Saga collaboration. The stuff from that didn't hold up and they haven't done a crafting/collect event since. It's been currency farming or dungeons other than the all player events which were points.
I see, good to know.
So yeah, it's worthless.

Koeta

Any tips for fighting Lesser Lopros in Colosseum? he is wrecking my party, and I was feeling pretty good about my group till this fight :(

Chizuru
Cyan
Kefka
Rain
Fina

Zafir

So I was going to try out the JP version as that Tidus sprite looks awesome. At what point can you use up all the lapis that it gives you? After the Earth Shrine I could spend 250 lapis, but couldn't spend any more.

Edit: Seems like it was bugging the banner has appeared now.

scarlet

Any tips for fighting Lesser Lopros in Colosseum? he is wrecking my party, and I was feeling pretty good about my group till this fight :(

Chizuru
Cyan
Kefka
Rain
Fina

How? Your current units are similar to mine, and I had no problem beating him.

What level are your units?

dennism

Chizuru
Cyan
Kefka
Rain
Fina

fought him today too, wrecked my party of terra, kefka, golbez, exdeath and firion. his triple fira (yes, he can do that) is brutal. was just my first attempt tho, next time im gonna bring rain, use barfira and power break and see how it goes.

mikemandey

Chizuru
Cyan
Kefka
Rain
Fina

-That boss is weak to fire
-Cast Barfira to your party if you can
-Unequip Shiva from your party
-Poison and/or silence him

scarlet

all maxed out, Cyan is weak to fire I think so he gets wrecked on round 1 lol, plus he is only 4* Max.

Why don't you replace him with Laswell?

My team was Chizuru, Exd, Fina, Rain and Laswell. I don't remember my fight cuz I had no problems with him. I always use firaga, cheer, barrage, power break and normal attack.

Sorry, not really helping you :(

Koeta

Why don't you replace him with Laswell?

My team was Chizuru, Exd, Fina, Rain and Laswell. I don't remember my fight cuz I had no problems with him. I always use firaga, cheer, barrage, power break and normal attack.

Sorry, not really helping you :(

I kind of tossed Laswell to the side awhile ago, he is in my B team that's slowly leveling up with Locke and Terra.

and thanks for the tips, firaga might be good the wiki says he is weak to fire.

Did anyone else's daily log in reward reset? It's 22 hours since I logged in first yesterday and it reset my daily rewards back to day 1. I had been on day 22.

Let alone what I played yesterday afternoon... I don't think I missed a day.

Zafir

Did anyone else's daily log in reward reset? It's 22 hours since I logged in first yesterday and it reset my daily rewards back to day 1. I had been on day 22.

Let alone what I played yesterday afternoon... I don't think I missed a day.

They're for each month if it's like other games, its August now so new board.

Yesssssss! Took me 12 tickets including my 4 star or higher one but guys Tidus! Time to level him.
The future is bright y'all. Blitzball boy is alive and well. I got 15 tix and 7K lapiz saved up, wonder how long till I crack and do a pull for something down the line. A main character reveal for JP got me antsy, haha

bonkeng

Damn. Gumi really thinks global players are idiots.

The price for the new bundles are just plain ridiculous.

0.99 for 25 energy bottle

6.99 for common awakening materials (5 heaven ash, 10 beast meat, 10 allure powder)

11.99 for common acc (headband, black choker, star pendant, silver glasses)

24.99 for basic abilities (hp, mp, atk, mag, def, spr +10%)

Dragner

Tidus looks awesome. Idk if better than old gods but probably on the same powerlevel. Looks like a good mix of support and damage.

Probably FFX event will have Yuna as base 5*. Have to make waifus rare.

c-murph

No way im running the advance demon thingy 80 times to craft a staff slightly better than ice rod.

And thats not even taking in consideration the other stuff. 44 void vessels is lunacy.

It'll be less than that with te cut throats carrying too. I did my morning stamina runs and up to 9 already. Unless Locke increases their frequency of appearing.

6.99 for common awakening materials (5 heaven ash, 10 beast meat, 10 allure powder)

lul

Azuran

Banned

lmao

That material bundle is just straight up trolling. I wish I could see sales numbers for this stuff.

Zafir

Yeah, they're certainly not doing themselves any favours in terms of getting people to spend money....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom