• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Man... those mat reqs for the Rod of Gravity... it's not even that great ffs.

Also was hoping on some Ramuh magicite bundles this time. Wouldn't mind spending a couple dollars to boost him up some.

Rixa

Gumi / Alim is lazy :D. Lets just change month.
Screenshot_20160628-112443.png
Screenshot_20160801-110319.png

Ok what in the flying fuck at that gravity rod recipe

Godamnit

80 hearts and 44 vessels. These guys are crazy

The only thing worth doing is completing all 3 stages to get the free 100 lapis

poncle

Well, the game has become nothing but a grindfest, with this Gravity Rod being the cherry on top. Will hit rank 60 tomorrow and then try to get rid of the habit of logging in.

Freed my slot from the spreadheet

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I don't have lightning, unfortunately. I have her or Luneth lol

Man i could have sworn you posted a Lightning screen where you pulled her a couple pages ago - might have been another mod then xD

But yeah Tidus is a beat....just saw his stats/skills. Just glad that you dont need Gacha units to finish and clear all the story sections.

Well, the game has become nothing but a grindfest, with this Gravity Rod being the cherry on top. Will hit rank 60 tomorrow and then try to get rid of the habit of logging in.

You could also just wait for new story chapters and farm the stuff that looks interesting to you - no one needs to grind nonstop to enjoy this game between all this Rank/TM/Megacrystal/LB farming and co. obv that you will get burned out rather quick.

The official release was last month - we are still very early when it comes to content, your expectations might be a bit too high.

You could also just wait for new story chapters and farm the stuff that looks interesting to you - no one needs to grind nonstop to enjoy this game between all this Rank/TM/Megacrystal/LB farming and co. obv that you will get burned out rather quick.

The official release was last month - we are still very early when it comes to content, your expectations might be a bit too high.

APOLOGIST SWINE!!! :p

Dawg

Considering how trollworthy the new chests are, it really wouldn't surprise me if the next island had a better rod as the one from the event. And much easier to obtain.

CCIE

Banned
Wow, at this event. I crafted one void vessel, which was 500... so 44 void vessels is 22K, 600 NRG, most of the Farplane Soul, most of my Litrock, a TON of Dark Crystals, and all of my mages have Graviga already. Needs better stats for the effort. And the daily rewards this month suck... Think I will simply finish the story and grind HR mats and Espers instead.

Disappointing. However, the daily rewards may be lower this month, because the bundles data-mined for a few weeks from now are basically giving out tickets with a bunch of goodies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only reason to do this event, is if you need Litrock. Just running BGN to Adv, I ended up with 15 pieces.

I'll definitely be doing Int a few times through to stock up on it.

Anyways, the new monthly awards, chests, etc. It definitely feels like the honeymoon period is over. The struggle for Lapis is going to get real.

You would think they could find a better way to balance their greed with player morale

There has got to be smarter and more fun ways to encourage spending on f2play games

Dawg

If it's any consolation, Brave Frontier was really really bad at one point too but now it's kinda fine after all the backlash.

I think.

I mean I get that they didnt want to just GIVE away the god damn rod but really, the amounts of material versus how powerful the rod is...just rock the ice and fire rod.

DONE

Dawg

All I hope is that this doesn't set a new precedent for weapon upgrades in the future.

I haven't had a single weapon upgrade on the new island tho. Very disappointing since I got a ton of new gear at the previous island.

Not that I mind, you can pretty much steamroll through all content right now with the exception of highest colosseum rank.

bonkeng

Considering how trollworthy the new chests are, it really wouldn't surprise me if the next island had a better rod as the one from the event. And much easier to obtain.

Gumi: Here's a +35 Mag Rod, now farm the mats for 2 weeks.

GL Players: #_$%@)'+#%&, okay...

2 weeks later....

Gumi: New Island! With a brand spanking new +50 Mag Rod, for free!

GL Players: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....

Gumi:
trollface.jpg

Kouriozan

Heh, personally I'm doing TMs grinding with Nox until better content comes out.
Still playing Record Keeper and I'll be sure to download Mobius Final Fantasy in 2 days.

Pejo

Anybody else having problems "sending" friend points? Every time I go into that screen my game crashes. Twice it even crashed my phone and forced a reboot. I'll try reinstalling the game later today I guess.

Woof @ these bundles and login rewards. I don't care though, still saving up everything for WoL.

Torn on if I want to grind that rod. On one hand, it's just throwing stamina at it. On the other hand, the only passable mage I have is Terra, and she seems ok with the Ice Rod for now.

CCIE

Banned
Reddit is on FIRE!

Too many people thinking July is a normal month, and summon tickets will always be handed out like candy. We still have the really nice Summer bundles coming that have been data-mined, another ticket coming on the 8th of August for the Portal reward, etc... This looks a lot like June rewards.

I'm done with this particular event, but still plenty to do in the meantime, and it is just a time-waster anyway. I always thought the gil turtle cave was a waste of time as well. I'll finish the third island, grind for HR, level Espers, etc... I don't think the event is too bad, just not anything I can benefit from. All my mages already have Graviga. The funny thing is if the Rod had another +10 MAG people would grind it out without complaining.

Celegus

Heh, personally I'm doing TMs grinding with Nox until better content comes out.
Still playing Record Keeper and I'll be sure to download Mobius Final Fantasy in 2 days.
Never heard of Möbius before but hit the pre-reg button. Is it pretty well regarded in Japan? Similar to this game at all?

Aurizen

I was gonna ask this.

I'm crafting hero's ring, can't see the recipe.

Crafting the vessel now.

Edit from wiki:

Massive Stone (1)
Void Vessel (44)
Litrock (66)
Earth's Core (66)
Demon Heart (80)

Gil 3,200

12 hours

LOL, this is crazy

Not worth it smh. Does SE have any say what goes into these events?

Lyrian

Hi guys and girls. What's going on in here?

Oh.....

Holy carpal tunnel, what's with the 11 alarm fire both here and on Reddit today? Ah, I see that as others have noted, the honeymoon period is over. The real Dark Souls, err, FFBE starts now.

The freebies are drying up, as expected. The bundles are eye-rolling whale bait, and everyone is in arms over the grinding crafting quest.

So, let's look at this gravity rod objectively then and in a sane manner (and not OMGWTF crafting materials).

What we know:

Gravity Rod: 35 MAG (+9)
Fire/Ice Rod: 26 MAG

Everyone is jumping up and down over what a miniscule upgrade that is, relatively speaking for the effort involved and that future content will surely be better. Okay, then. So, what in the future is better than this?

Arc's TM: Omnirod 91 MAG (FF3 unit) --> T +5 months from now (based on JP Schedule)
Emperor's TM: Mateus's Malice 10p MAG (FF2 Unit) --> T +7 months from now
Lilith Rod 60 MAG: (FF4 Event prize) --> T +4 months from now
Wizard Rod 72 MAG (Great Demon Trial) --> T+ 1-2 months from now (3 trials away)

Dragon Claw Rod 35 MAG <-- Can't find anything on this. Mistranslated name? Or perhaps the GL Gravity Rod is the repurposed name of this item from a past JP event?

So, at the minimum, the gravity rod is going to be the best mage rod out there until the Great Demon trial gets here, assuming that a player can clear that.

Now, is it worth the effort? Like everything, that's a subjective call to make for each person. Once this event goes away, it is likely **never** coming back (JP has never repeated an event to date). So, this, like most gacha events, is a "do it now or don't complain later" situation.

The only real bottleneck is the 80 hearts needed for a rod. Everything else can be obtained at a later date from outside the event. Time really isn't an issue with crafting the void vessels, as none of its components are event locked.

Of course, a player has to keep in mind all the content that will be sacrificed for farming the 80 hearts. How many magicites or megacrysts will not be farmed? How many runs of awakening or experience vortex will be lost? These have to be considered as well.

So, bottom line here is: Do you want to grind out 80 hearts now or wait 2 months for the relevant trial to get here or 4 months for the next event that will offer a mage rod for a reward? Are you willing to giving up a week's worth of farming for this rod?

For each and every person, the choice is yours to make.

Valus

I don't see the bundles you guys are talking about, except the ability one. Did they remove them?

Edit: ^good write up Lyrian, thanks for pulling that info. But you didn't answer our burning question...are you going to go for it?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's really depressing to compare any gacha game's events to Granblue's.

Yeah, that's what I just posted in the GBF thread, haha. Man, GBF is just too good.

Regarding this staff, there will never, ever be any content in this game where the +9 MAG makes the difference between success and defeat. It's 100% not worth anyone's time, and it's pretty insulting for Gumi to release this and say "enjoy!!"

I hear what you're saying Lyrian but as others have said, the +9 MAG is simply not enough to make a difference in any meaningful way outside RNG situations. Leveling espers is, in the end, a better use of time.

Of course people are going to complain; the mat requirements don't match the worth of the rod.

NOW SINCE I HAVE A PARTY OF MAGES....WELL...

Valus

I hear what you're saying Lyrian but as others have said, the +9 MAG is simply not enough to make a difference in any meaningful way outside RNG situations. Leveling espers is, in the end, a better use of time.

Of course people are going to complain; the mat requirements don't match the worth of the rod.

NOW SINCE I HAVE A PARTY OF MAGES....WELL...

But Shouta confirmed that as long as we do events we are going to be rolling in magicite eventually so is it really worth grinding for them now?

Pejo

But Shouta confirmed that as long as we do events we are going to be rolling in magicite eventually so is it really worth grinding for them now?

In terms of making content easier to clear, I would guess absolutely. I'm sure the various skills and stat bonuses are going to greatly exceed 9 MAG with fully maxed Espers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom