• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

broz0rs

I don't think grinding the event is completely worthless since there's not much stuff to do in the game. It is a two week event afterall.

Also, I think the INT version is suffice because the end boss drops hearts and the mobs drops litrocks and farplane souls. You can just set it on auto-battle even if you have an average team. I think you can steal litrocks from all the mobs too. I have Locke on my team and stole as much as five in one run.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
In terms of making content easier to clear, I would guess absolutely. I'm sure the various skills and stat bonuses are going to greatly exceed 9 MAG with fully maxed Espers.

The bit you're not looking at is this.

The 9MAG gain will not be there in 2 months. The Esper gain will always be there.

Which one of you jokers is going to farm the Gravity Rod for shits and giggles?

I may go after it. It wouldn't be for shits and giggles though. I'm in no rush to grind out Espers or TM. That is always going to be there and I can focus on it at anytime.

Ok guys

Demon hearts drop from wizards and maybe various other enemies. I think it works like sacred crystals in a sense

Take Locke in there and farm INT if you are gonna go for it

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ok guys

Demon hearts drop from wizards and maybe various other enemies. I think it works like sacred crystals in a sense

Take Locke in there and farm INT if you are gonna go for it

Good to note.

I'm going to be running it a bunch of times anyways for Litrock. I want to get a stack of 100 at least since that was the hardest material to come by for Rain and Lasswell, on top of being needed for Cecil and Garland. If I ever get either.

CCIE

Banned
Have to agree that you can get a crapload of materials off the INT vortex. I think I'll farm till I have the demon hearts and I can worry about forging it later. I'm already up to 10 DH from the INT vortex. The problem is going to be Farplane Soul. I just don't have close to enough of that. OTOH, man am I picking up Litrock with thieves like it is going out of style. I now have over 100 of Ash, Litrock, Dew, Sand, and Ore. I'll be able to awaken shit for awhile now. I'll stop at 200 of each and sell the rest.

In the meantime, I will run the event for a day or two. Not like I have too much to do, and I'm not worried about power-grinding anyway.

Ugh so after a few more runs it looks like only the end bosses and cut purses have a chance to drop the hearts

Not even a guaranteed thing either

I wonder if the 5 nrg runs would be the most efficient lol

broz0rs

lol I think I'll craft that rod just for the hell of it. I've ran the INT dungeon all morning and got 7 hearts so far. I only had one run that didn't drop. At this rate, I can craft the rod by midweek. Farplane Souls are going to be the worst of the grind I think, unless you have a decent amount prior to the event.

Yogg

Can the thief appear in the INT vortex as well ? I've only seen him once so far, and it was in ADV.

I'm still debating whether I want to craft the rod or not. I'm bored to death with TM grinding so that might be a cool change, but it's so much effort for a marginal boost.

I think I'll push my Locke to 5* and max level first to improve the drops, then I'll decide.

The most annoying thing is I've already sold at least 2 stacks of 99 farplane souls and 2 stacks of 99 dark crysts, because anytime I see the "materials full" alert I sell any full stack I have in double. I don't want to now have to farm specifically for it :(

Lyrian

I completely suck at multiquoting, but I am going to give this a try.

I don't see the bundles you guys are talking about, except the ability one. Did they remove them?

Edit: ^good write up Lyrian, thanks for pulling that info. But you didn't answer our burning question...are you going to go for it?

I'm in it for one, not two. In all reality, I'm expecting Gumi to throw a monkey wrench in the works sometime soon to twist the knife. Didn't everyone expect Cactaur Dunes to be this weekend as we had Gil Snappers last weekend?

That said, I'm going nice and slow. Maybe two energy dumps per day, the remainder spent on usual farming. This doesn't have to be a race unless you want to it be one. If I'm falling behind pace late into the second week, I'll increase the rate at which I farm the event. Working on the quest more quickly when you have 60/80 hearts is a lot better for the psyche rather than burning out at 0/80 hearts. Everything else in the combine recipe doesn't matter.

TheChillyAcademic said:
I hear what you're saying Lyrian but as others have said, the +9 MAG is simply not enough to make a difference in any meaningful way outside RNG situations. Leveling espers is, in the end, a better use of time.

Of course people are going to complain; the mat requirements don't match the worth of the rod.

Valus said:
But Shouta confirmed that as long as we do events we are going to be rolling in magicite eventually so is it really worth grinding for them now?

Behold the definition of power creep.

Right now:

Megacrysts/Megacties: 2* Espers and Hero Rings are top-tier equipment. Complete pain in the ass to farm. Much time and energy need to be spent to acquire them.

MAG Rods: Gravity Rod at 35 MAG is the best rod in the game currently. Complete pain in the ass to farm. Much time and energy need to be spent to acquire them.

See a pattern?

In the Future:

Megacrysts/Megacties: Drop like candy from future events. Recipes that were brutal in the past are trivial to complete.

MAG Rods: Better rods exist through future event grinds. Equivalent rods are available through silver chest recipes with more common materials.

In the Far Future:

Megacrysts/Megacties: Players are drowning in them, as they are useless. Besides, all the current recipes require Ultracrysts/Ultracites, rendering the gear they make completely obsolete.

MAG Rods: The player can buy a better rod than the Gravity Rod from the vendor on the 11th island for some gil.

The definition of power creep says that players are going to work their ass off if they want the best equipment in the game at that given moment in time. If a player wants to wait it out, then yes, equivalent power equipment will be obtainable and future and better gear will become available with that same level of effort. In the long run, all equipment (perhaps with the exception of some TM accessories) becomes obsolete and useless.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Have to agree that you can get a crapload of materials off the INT vortex. I think I'll farm till I have the demon hearts and I can worry about forging it later. I'm already up to 10 DH from the INT vortex. The problem is going to be Farplane Soul. I just don't have close to enough of that. OTOH, man am I picking up Litrock with thieves like it is going out of style. I now have over 100 of Ash, Litrock, Dew, Sand, and Ore. I'll be able to awaken shit for awhile now. I'll stop at 200 of each and sell the rest.

In the meantime, I will run the event for a day or two. Not like I have too much to do, and I'm not worried about power-grinding anyway.

I'll probably see where I'm at in a week, but the rod definitely isn't going to be my focus. The mats you get from there are fantastic though. A single Int run, I'm getting more litrock than I would get in a day of Awakening Int farming, or a dozen+ runs running it in the map. Last one, I stole 4 pieces and had 3 drop.

Lyrain, the way you write it. It sounds like TM grinding would be the best bet. Get those abilities and skills that are future proof. Seems ideally it would be best to focus on Cheevos, Skills, etc.

Lyrian

Addendum to the "not a race" comment in my long post.

-- 80 hearts are needed.
-- The event is here for 14 days.

80/14 =~ 5.7 hearts per day --> 6 hearts.

As long as players are pacing at 6 hearts per day, they will reach 80 hearts for the rod by the end of the event.

6 hearts per day doesn't sound so bad anymore, now does it?

Shouta

Ingredients to craft the 10% attack Ring don't drop like candy now since they only be obtained through harvest points. The items for leveling espers are common though. Gonna need a lot for when they do 3rd levels...

Pejo

The bit you're not looking at is this.

The 9MAG gain will not be there in 2 months. The Esper gain will always be there.

In a few months, we'll be getting even better rods though. I guess the vantage point changes if you're looking to have BiS for a few months before that rod, and if you're already clear on all challenging content in the game. I still feel like maxing espers is a better use of your time, but I see your point.

Heng

Is litrock really that hard to get? I had to sell 99 of them to make room for more materials and I almost have another full stack. I guess I'm getting really lucky on my TM farming.

Phaenos

I've also made quite a bit of space on my friend's list is anyone wants to add me. I alternate between a max level Exdeath and a max level Vaan.

Expect daily gifts :)

Muku

So, I've got a question. I just maxed out Garland and noticed he gets Doublehand. In order to take advantage of this, I would need to remove his shield, correct?

Yogg

I really don't understand the sudden outrage on reddit. The bundles are as expensive as ever (and not created with us "normal" users in mind, to begin with) and august is the same as june. I too find the event a little bit lackluster, but I don't get why today specifically has to be the day "the game turns bad".

I don't get it.

Dreavus

I really don't understand the sudden outrage on reddit. The bundles are as expensive as ever (and not created with us "normal" users in mind, to begin with) and august is the same as june. I too find the event a little bit lackluster, but I don't get why today specifically has to be the day "the game turns bad".

I don't get it.

I was thinking the same thing. It's like this game killed their collective dog or something.

Arkeband

Banned
I was thinking the same thing. It's like this game killed their collective dog or something.

One of the threads I was reading had a big blubber fest from someone who was ready to spend money this month and regretted spending 300 dollars (!!!) on this game already.

I find it really hard to empathize with people like that, so maybe Reddit is just the primary whale pod.

One of the threads I was reading had a big blubber fest from someone who was ready to spend money this month and regretted spending 300 dollars (!!!) on this game already.

I find it really hard to empathize with people like that, so maybe Reddit is just the primary whale pod.

Oh god I have to find that thread lol

Celegus

Reddit is not a happy place in the best of times, it's typically just a very vocal minority. Game isn't dead and the world isn't ending.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So, I've got a question. I just maxed out Garland and noticed he gets Doublehand. In order to take advantage of this, I would need to remove his shield, correct?

Yeah and its totally worth dropping the shield for the extra dmg.

chrono01

Damn. Gumi really thinks global players are idiots.

The price for the new bundles are just plain ridiculous.

0.99 for 25 energy bottle

6.99 for common awakening materials (5 heaven ash, 10 beast meat, 10 allure powder)

11.99 for common acc (headband, black choker, star pendant, silver glasses)

24.99 for basic abilities (hp, mp, atk, mag, def, spr +10%)
Gumi strikes again. Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. I know, no one is forced to buy these bundles, but already seeing the decrease in our monthly log-in rewards doesn't inspire much confidence in me. :/

That being said, the game is still super fun, so I'll stick with it. I won't be supporting Gumi though, not a chance.

Yeah, people saying they are going to quit the game over this is a little much. The bundles do feel pretty scummy though. It feels like they are targeted at taking advantage of people who are new and don't know any better that none of them are even worth their cost. I don't think any whale would even bother to buy them since it's all stuff that would benefit new players and not someone with 10 TMs already.

The event doesn't bother me that much, but the time, energy, material cost just doesn't seem to be even close to what the reward is worth.

Definitely not going to stop or slow down how much I play since I still love the game. I just hope this isn't going to be the norm for the game.

I was just reading that thread! I love watching people who've spent hundreds of dollars have meltdowns about minor things. The rewards this month are shitty and this 2 week event sucks, but this game is mostly just a timewaster for me, so it's a bummer but nothing to get upset about.

Do we know if INT or ADV is the better dungeon to farm in? I think I'm gonna make the gravity rod just for the hell of it, I've already got almost a full stack of litrock and need to farm farplane souls for ability crafting anyway. My Kefka already has Graviga but whatevs.

Addendum to the "not a race" comment in my long post.

-- 80 hearts are needed.
-- The event is here for 14 days.

80/14 =~ 5.7 hearts per day --> 6 hearts.

As long as players are pacing at 6 hearts per day, they will reach 80 hearts for the rod by the end of the event.

6 hearts per day doesn't sound so bad anymore, now does it?

It's easier than Sacred Crystal farming :/. I wish my Locke was maxed level, this would be a great even to use him in.

I have to imagine it is also people who arent used to this kind of game. My only other Gatcha is Kingdom Hearts Unchained and both that and this game, in the long run, really aren't that bad.

I mean whats that other one, Clash Royale, seems like a fucking nightmare.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I have to imagine it is also people who arent used to this kind of game. My only other Gatcha is Kingdom Hearts Unchained and both that and this game, in the long run, really aren't that bad.

Poor summer children.

Do we know if INT or ADV is the better dungeon to farm in? I think I'm gonna make the gravity rod just for the hell of it, I've already got almost a full stack of litrock and need to farm farplane souls for ability crafting anyway. My Kefka already has Graviga but whatevs.
ADV has a right damage sponge of a boss but a guaranteed drop. In my tiny sample size I've been getting a drop from the boss about 2/3 of the time from INT which makes INT better considering it costs 2/3 to run (...even if its not that ADV boss is not time efficient for me).

That's what I've found anyway but low sample size and confirmation bias and all that. If that holds out it is more than doable in the 2 week time period (especially if you're going for one) and there is time to do other things too.

ADV has a right damage sponge of a boss but a guaranteed drop. In my tiny sample size I've been getting a drop from the boss about 2/3 of the time from INT which makes INT better considering it costs 2/3 to run (...even if its not that ADV boss is not time efficient for me).

That's what I've found anyway but low sample size and confirmation bias and all that. If that holds out it is more than doable in the 2 week time period (especially if you're going for one) and there is time to do other things too.

Its not 2/3 chance but ive only run INT 4-5 times

Got the heart once from the boss you are better off grinding 6-7 a day from ADV and hope cutpurses show up to minimize it

I agree, the pricing is really bad. I'm usually OK with paying money in these games, but I don't think I can spend anything on these current prices or anything else moving forward unless things change. There isn't even enough content to warrant any purchases if you wanted to go full whale mode. I wouldn't even spend 100 gems on a full energy recharge since the consumption rate is so high.

Hmm I haven't had too much luck in INT, I guess the reddit stats people will figure it out soon enough but I think ADV's guaranteed drop might be worth the extra 5 energy if your team can dish out enough damage.

Also, saw this thread title at the top of reddit

Complain to SquareEnix also, for they own the Final Fantasy brand as a whole and are vanguard to it's sanctity.

Almost as good as that one dude saying FF13 would never come to 360 because "honor and shame are huge parts of their culture"

Hmm I haven't had too much luck in INT, I guess the reddit stats people will figure it out soon enough but I think ADV's guaranteed drop might be worth the extra 5 energy if your team can dish out enough damage.

Also, saw this thread title at the top of reddit

Almost as good as that one dude saying FF13 would never come to 360 because "honor and shame are huge parts of their culture"

Well its about 1/2 rate for me going via INT. One out of every two at least drop the heart in addition to the other needed crafting materials that drop. But you figure doing into gives you what, one more possible run at 10 NRG?

Got kicked outta your guild for inactivity, cool while it lasted. Which game do u prefer these days?

It has been found there is a really odd exploit as a way to get your 300k damage a turn trophy...and overshoot by quite a margin...as well as glitch up your trophies:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/4vonie/doing_ultimate_max_damage_2147483647/
VIT0 lives again?
That was an exploit in FFRK which when casting the following on an enemy: protect, deprotect (from a SB like Status reels or Deprotectga), protect

I think they had banned people previously who were exploiting a glitch to get to the end of a random-path dungeon event in JP, would be wary about using glitches for trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom