• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemandey

Oh man.. This guy...

EaOZP5Z.jpg

desverger

I take it for all the complaining the Rod isn't worth grinding for?

Do you have anything better to grind for?

It was a good point that was mentioned here earlier that you could just get the 80 hearts now. That's 90 stamina per day (at worst), unless you wanna gamble at the INT stage. This still leaves you plenty of stamina to do some other stuff.

You can just get the other materials naturally over time.

If you still have the story to finish or units to level up, then yeah, it's probably better to do that.

Finally beat this jerk

FL97rzC.png
Nice job. That is my current wall. Attempt 1 I got down to about 15% HP while attempt 2 it decided to spam triple fira and wipe me out in like 3 turns. Having some fire rings equipped (and not using Shadow...) could help, I suppose.

I take it for all the complaining the Rod isn't worth grinding for?
Some would argue it is the worst thing you can do as equipment given time becomes obsolete (and 9 mag over the current isn't much when the best mages have well over 200 mag) while esper levels, rank and TM do not. I'm going for it as it is a change of pace. Advanced is pretty tough though (a normal enemy resistant to gravity plus has an instant death spell and a boss with tonnes of def and res...) so I'm mostly gambling on Intermediate.

Just remember it is not a race and you have about 13 days left to get the 80 hearts.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So Dunes are coming back.... but I have no real units to level. Guess I can max out Celes and Golbez while using the rest to quick level some FP units for dosh and awakenings.

CCIE

Banned
Hopeful for WoL... will take any of the three though. Might use some tickets on this one. Also, done with this event. I have to grind Sacred Crystals for the Cactuars! Also need to finish off the Ability trophy so I can sell off those units and make room for more Cactuars in my inventory. Ideally, I will need to level some new units!

Xion86

Lack of free summoning tickets this month sucks, anyway I have 6 saved up and 6k lapis to have a try on the new units. Started farming for the new rod too...but not sure how far I'll get before the event ends. Still need to get to the end of the new story too but guess that can wait now. I'm still really enjoying the game though!

After spending over 55 tickets to get Chiz and not getting her, I'm not feeling that confident on WoL though :p...

Welp

Hopefully that 300 lapis summer ticket shows up and I can pull 10 times again

Wouldnt mind having any of the 3 units on the banner

CCIE

Banned
I will not use all of my tickets, but I have 12K lapis and 7 summon tickets to work with here. Would like to pull WoL, or one of the other non-crap units. I'll even take Cecil instead if I can get him. I need a tank. Either of the other boosted characters is good as well. Another Barrager wouldn't be bad as a consolation either, since those are all 3* base units.

Biggest thing is to finish off the Ability trophy so that I can make room for more Cactuars in my inventory - sell those FP units I don't need off

Rixa

Keep in mind that WoL is base 4*. Tellah & Lenna are 3*, so should be similar situation than Chizuru / Kefka / Golbez

rugioh

Banned
Hopeful for WoL... will take any of the three though. Might use some tickets on this one. Also, done with this event. I have to grind Sacred Crystals for the Cactuars! Also need to finish off the Ability trophy so I can sell off those units and make room for more Cactuars in my inventory. Ideally, I will need to level some new units!

Do you mean you need the crystals for future awakenings, or you need them to access the event? I'm confused.

Folstern

Already have Cecil so I'm not sure I'm even going to bother to pull for these new units. Looks like a long wait until something interests me.

scarlet

Three of them would be great addition for my Exd and Chizu

But knowing my luck it'd probably be another Shadow :(

When will we receive the summer bundle?

Only had 6 tickets and could buy 11 from current bundle.

Rixa

Already have Cecil so I'm not sure I'm even going to bother to pull for these new units. Looks like a long wait until something interests me.

I do have Cecil too and I will summon.
WoL & Cecil work in same party so that is not the problem :).

CCIE

Banned
Future awakenings... at the worst I will need to level up Rain with the Cactuars and Awaken him if I get no more decent units. At the best, I will have several new units to play with.

Maledict

I'm in the same boat - I have esactly 5000 lapis and 10 summon tickets and wondering whether to cash the lapis in for this banner event. All three units would be good - whilst my Churizu is great the rest of them are a bit ropey. Rain, Russell, Fina and Artemios. So a proper tank, healer and Mage would be great.

Rixa

Three of them would be great addition for my Exd and Chizu

But knowing my luck it'd probably be another Shadow :(

When will we receive the summer bundle?

Only had 6 tickets and could buy 11 from current bundle.

I'm in the same boat - I have esactly 5000 lapis and 10 summon tickets and wondering whether to cash the lapis in for this banner event. All three units would be good - whilst my Churizu is great the rest of them are a bit ropey. Rain, Russell, Fina and Artemios. So a proper tank, healer and Mage would be great.

PSA!

Remember those datamined Summer Bundles (1 tix 300 Lapis + 5 Megacites, totaling 9 bundles, one per day). So I would keep 2700 Lapis in hand if that event hits _after_ the 5k = 11t tix bundle expires in under 2 weeks time. If not its still good to keep some Lapis for "emergency use".

Do we know when the new Banner hits?
Friday:

wilstreak

WOL will be a great substitue for my Leo.
Gonna spend 15 ticket for this event.

The rest would be for Lightning.

By the way, do Full Break, Armor Break, and Deprotect stack to each other?
Or in this case only Full Break is in effect since it is the stronger of those three

scarlet

PSA!

Remember those datamined Summer Bundles (1 tix 300 Lapis + 5 Megacites, totaling 9 bundles, one per day). So I would keep 2700 Lapis in hand if that event hits _after_ the 5k = 11t tix bundle expires in under 2 weeks time. If not its still good to keep some Lapis for "emergency use".

Friday:

I had 10k, so I could buy 22 + 6 free, so 28 tickets.
But I'll spare 3k for that summer bundle and stuff.

The current bundle ends in 9 days. If the summer bundle out after that, we could use around 5/9 tickets

Rixa

I had 10k, so I could buy 22 + 6 free, so 28 tickets.
But I'll spare 3k for that summer bundle and stuff.

The current bundle ends in 9 days. If the summer bundle out after that, we could use around 5/9 tickets

That sound like a master plan. To be sure, buy the 5k/11 tix just before you are summoning.
No I just meant are any like Chizuru, where they are only pulled from a rainbow >.>

Chizuru was 4* (yellow / gold crystal). I think Lightning will be the first base 5* (Rainbow) unit.

scarlet

That sound like a master plan. To be sure, buy the 5k/11 tix just before you are summoning.

Chizuru was 4* (yellow / gold crystal). I think Lightning will be the first base 5* (Rainbow) unit.

IMO the 11 tickets is a must buy bundle, no matter if you're pulling or not.

Yeah, you could get 9 with 2700. But 20 tickets for 7700 is a bargain!

I'll do a few pulls, topping out at 5 for this. I have Kefka so mage dmg check and yea curaja would be dope but there will be way better future mages. WoL is the one I want, still don't have a tank or breaker unit.

But yea idk guys, for some reason I'm under the impression that they will jumble up the order of 6* awakening units just to spice shit up. I mean why else would we get Chizuru this early?

Rixa

IMO the 11 tickets is a must buy bundle, no matter if you're pulling or not.

Yeah, you could get 9 with 2700. But 20 tickets for 7700 is a bargain!

Only if you have spare Lapis, so that you can have 2700 Lapis when those bundles (if) hit.
If you dont have the means to get extra Lapis, then I would not use 5k to 11 tix.

scarlet

I'll do a few pulls, topping out at 5 for this. I have Kefka so mage dmg check and yea curaja would be dope but there will be way better future mages. WoL is the one I want, still don't have a tank or breaker unit.

But yea idk guys, for some reason I'm under the impression that they will jumble up the order of 6* awakening units just to spice shit up. I mean why else would we get Chizuru this early?

I wish we could choose x)

Only if you have spare Lapis, so that you can have 2700 Lapis when those bundles (if) hit.
If you dont have the means to get extra Lapis, then I would not use 5k to 11 tix.

Of course :D

All three units look awesome, cant wait for pulling!

Congrats for your Luna, Bedile and
not Exdeath

Dragner

I have Cecil, Kefka, Terra so 0 reason to pull. Lenna is a slight upgrade for Fina but she will be upgraded later also by Refia. And WoL is great because FB but it shouldnt spend my tickets on that having already Cecil. But man the urge is starting...I have 14 tickets and 15k lapis. Its starting to burn.

Maledict

Do we know if the summer one day chests overlap with this banner at all? Otherwise I'm better off spending my 5K now to get the extra ticket than waiting, given that I want probably all three units from this banner.

(And I presume we have no idea what heroes are coming next?).

Having looked through the wiki and Reddit, I'm beginning to realise how freakishly lucky I was getting a 5* Churizu outside of her banner...

RedZaraki

Banned
This is some unfortunate timing for the Cactuar Event.

Currently up to like 11 Demon Hearts or whatever for the Gravity Rod. Here's what I think:

10 Energy for INT Vortex with roughly 80% drop rate from boss on Demon Heart.
15 Energy for ADV Vortex with 100% drop rate from boss and 20% chance to encounter a thief for a free extra one.

That's 12.5 energy per heart on INT (10 / 0.8) and 12.5 energy per heart on ADV (15 / 1.2).

So I say either one works. I like ADV for consistency.

I have Cecil, Kefka, Terra so 0 reason to pull. Lenna is a slight upgrade for Fina but she will be upgraded later also by Refia. And WoL is great because FB but it shouldnt spend my tickets on that having already Cecil. But man the urge is starting...I have 14 tickets and 15k lapis. Its starting to burn.

Who is your second mage?

Valonquar

Well I have 80 hearts, but I need another 100 farplane souls to finish crafting 20 more vortex. MEH, back to hero ring farming and I'll make the rest as the mats flow naturally.

leehom

Would love to pull Lenna, definitely need a pure WM on my team. Probably spend 2-3 tickets. Knowing my luck, I'm going to pull all turds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom