• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragner

Who is your second mage?

I use Kefka as my mage my party is mostly physical. In fact he will be benched as soon as I get the bow from the third trial that my Firion can use.

Right now my rooster of chars that I use is Kefka,Cecil,Terra,Firion,Chizuru,CoD,Fina all maxed. The actual team depends on the fight.

Yogg

So WoL is a Leo with Full Break, and Lenna is Fina with Curaja, right ?

Since I have Leo, is it worth it to spend all my lapis on this banner ?

Rixa

Whats the best way to grind player levels? I'm sitting at a measly rank 30

Going solo in ADV vortex or gigantuar
I think he / she was asking player rank not unit level.

Exviuswiki Best places to farm

Dungeon/Story Battle
Miasmatic Grotto - Path of Cleansing
386 exp for 13 energy. 29.62 exp/energy

Exploration
Shrine of Decay/Exploration
511 exp for 16 energy. 31.93 exp/energy

Any Esper 2 Rarity battle
500 exp for 15 energy. 33.3 exp/energy

Vortex of Trials - Rebirth of the Demon Chimera
500 exp for 15 energy. 33.3 exp/energy

CCIE

Banned
I figure I will spend 3-6 tickets on each banner so I have some different units to play with. It gets boring playing with Chizuru, Kefka, etc all the time. I want some variety. I may even spend a few tickets on this banner to see if I can pull Locke or Artemios as well. Originally I wasn't going to, but I really like Artemios. I have a LOT of Lapis saved up, and the chances of pulling a five star unit just aren't that great.

I'm wondering if HUGE is better than MAJOR. It sounds like the rates may be better for the next banner.

I would just much rather plop in every hour and do a 2* esper fight atm then the vortex for a measly +10 more MAG than the best rod ingame.

I'm at 38 rank and I have been at least able to raise it once a day for a little while now

Arkeband

Banned
I blew through 6 tickets and 500 lapis this morning thinking that new banner started today. Whoops.

Got a 4* Fran who seems super useless, Vivi, and Artemios, though. Oh well.

Valonquar

Holy shit man

How did you even pull this off within the first few days

Mix of ADV & INT runs. Spent about 400 lapis & had a rankup in there somewhere. I think I encountered the thief about 20ish times. I seem to be averaging 8 to 12 farplane souls farming westersands for megacrysts and maxing out battles for exp, so might start actually crafting the rod late tomorrow at the earliest.

Mix of ADV & INT runs. Spent about 400 lapis & had a rankup in there somewhere. I think I encountered the thief about 20ish times. I seem to be averaging 8 to 12 farplane souls farming westersands for megacrysts and maxing out battles for exp, so might start actually crafting the rod late tomorrow at the earliest.

Was INT effective enough to get ya by?

I seem to be having better luck with the boss dropping the heart. Any theives pop up in INT for anyone?

Pejo

Going all in for WoL. If i get a full break unit, my team is set for the foreseeable future. Then I can just roll on characters I like. I like WoL over Vaan because he definitely has a 6* (good one too).

I'm trying to go with a full physical team in this game like I did in FFRK, so WoL would be the perfect addition.

Then I can run with:

-CoD (dps)
-Bartz (dps)
-Cecil (healer/tank)
-WoL (support/tank)
-Extra slot for whatever I need. Could do extra healer, Terra for some MAG, one of my thieves for steal or drops, or just more dps.

I just hope there's not a ton of events in the future that require magic attacks (like those damn statues in Wolfsfang Peak).

NomarTyme

So WoL is a Leo with Full Break, and Lenna is Fina with Curaja, right ?

Since I have Leo, is it worth it to spend all my lapis on this banner ?
Yes because WoL is also going to be a 6star unit. Leo isn't for the foreseeable future. So it's entirely up to you.
I wish that was today. I need a little bit of regret and disappointment in my life. I'm way too optimistic for my own good!
Lol shadows for everybody and rage quit.

Yogg

Yes because WoL is also going to be a 6star unit. Leo isn't for the foreseeable future. So it's entirely up to you.

Oh, very good point. Since WoL is a base 4*, I'll probably just try 2-3 pulls and see how it goes. I've seen the mess when I was trying to get Chizuru, I'm not doing that again.

Can you explain to me how this event works? I'd really like the equipment

Go through all of the events in the Demon's Unleashed Banner under the Vortex. Doing so, after completing the INT run, will give you the recipe for the Gravity Rod. In order to craft it you need a very large amount of crafting materials. One of these is a demon heart (you'll need around 80) that drops from the boss on the advance run, the final mage on the INT run, or random cutpurses that can show up with other mobs.

NomarTyme

Oh, very good point. Since WoL is a base 4*, I'll probably just try 2-3 pulls and see how it goes. I've seen the mess when I was trying to get Chizuru, I'm not doing that again.
Yeah I don't blame you. At least if you don't get WoL, the consolation prize isn't so bad.

Zafir

Yeah I'm not sure whether to go for WoL.

I mean I could totally use him, I'm currently lacking a tank. That said, Chizuru/Vaan/Golbez/Kefka/Fina (with Bartz or Firion being swapped in when necessary) is doing me just fine, and the low chance just means I'll probably not get him.

Will try for Lenna at least I suppose.

Hrmmmm I can't decide if I should pull on this banner or not. I would like to have Lenna since I don't have a Curaja healer atm but it doesn't seem needed atm. I have Cecil and Leo so no real need for WoL and I have every other Mage so Tellah is useless to me. Since Lenna is a 3*-5* she is probably an easy pull though.....

rugioh

Banned
Just get Lenna and call it quits. I'm not falling for the 4 star minimum "huge bonus" meme. Or at least wait till reddit calculates the percentages for WoL

Hrmmmm I can't decide if I should pull on this banner or not. I would like to have Lenna since I don't have a Curaja healer atm but it doesn't seem needed atm. I have Cecil and Leo so no real need for WoL and I have every other Mage so Tellah is useless to me. Since Lenna is a 3*-5* she is probably an easy pull though.....

Well its about balance right?

Lenna is a great unit due in no small part to her survivability and utility, she might actually outclass Fina until we get Refia.

WoL is Cecils mirror man lol Both become absolute fucking monsters at 6*

Tellah is a great third string mage, behind Kefka and Ex-Death!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah I don't blame you. At least if you don't get WoL, the consolation prize isn't so bad.

Kefka is the second best mage in the game right now and if he does get his rumored 6*, he'll shoot right back up.

I feel like I definitely need to go for this one. I don't have a healer other than Fina and I have no tank at all.

Rain ranks as 2nd or 3rd best support in the JPN addition. I still have Bartz who ranks pretty high and Kefka, but the rest of my team isn't so hot.

If I can get WoL, I'll be so happy, but Lenna is a great pull for me too, where I can finally get a second healer.

No love for my man Tellah ; ;

LG_Tellah.full.1436042_1432408591.4906.jpg

NomarTyme

Kefka is the second best mage in the game right now and if he does get his rumored 6*, he'll shoot right back up.

I feel like I definitely need to go for this one. I don't have a healer other than Fina and I have no tank at all.

Rain ranks as 2nd or 3rd best support in the JPN addition. I still have Bartz who ranks pretty high and Kefka, but the rest of my team isn't so hot.

If I can get WoL, I'll be so happy, but Lenna is a great pull for me too, where I can finally get a second healer.
Yeah having that second healer helps. Especially since if you only have Fina. She is a definitely a upgrade over Fina. Getting WoL is probably wishful thinking but getting Lenna isn't.

Celegus

My best mage is Golbez and healer is Fina, don't have Terra Cecil Vaan or Leo so this looks like a pretty good group for me.

CCIE

Banned
I would be happy with any of the units, but one of Tellah or WoL would be nice just to replace Celes. She's basically worthless right now. WoL would be the ideal replacement, and I'm just looking of one of him, Leo, or Cecil.

Shouldn't be too much to ask of the the RNG Gods

mikemandey

Currently have Vaan, Roselia, and Terra.. Not sure if I should try that hard to get WoL.. Will try to spend 4-5 tickets regardless

Currently have Vaan, Roselia, and Terra.. Not sure if I should try that hard to get WoL.. Will try to spend 4-5 tickets regardless

Lenna is actually a better healer than Roselia overall, though Roselia does of course have her own place in the game. WoL is what people should be looking for, he's future proof!

Pejo

So I just got Mirage Drive on my Locke, and holy shit can I just talk about how much they cheaped out on the effect? He literally just slides to an enemy and slides right back. Not even a single effect animation.

I mean, I thought Chainsaw was a cheap animation, this takes it to a whole new level.

Lyrian

This is some unfortunate timing for the Cactuar Event.

All according to plan (insert GAF meme here).

That's the nature of how gacha type games work.

Present a solid long term reward, and then present multiple distractions to make the reward harder to obtain. Cactaur Dunes is a pretty good distraction from farming hearts.

Now the bigger question would be what the even-bigger-distraction will be for the grand finale weekend of the event. After all, if players are slacking and collecting hearts now, what nice and juicy event would they have to give up in order to avoid forfeiting 2-weeks worth of heart farming?

Anyone got any guesses? The only event I can think of that hasn't been released is Lands of Plenty formally on Global. Of course, something else entirely might be released.

mikemandey

Lenna is actually a better healer than Roselia overall, though Roselia does of course have her own place in the game. WoL is what people should be looking for, he's future proof!

Yeah I guess I should pull Lenna for her Cheer since my party consists of physical characters... 2 CoDs and Vaan

CCIE

Banned
I seriously would take any of the three. I want WoL (badly), but I know the chances aren't that great. Tellah would be an improvement over Celes, who cannot deal any damage whatsoever. Lenna would be an improvement over Fina.

Worse comes to absolute worst, I will have to level Rain and replace Celes with him I think. I already have Chizuru, so Lasswell seems like a waste to level. Besides, I think the FFIX banner will be next, and whether powerful or not, I WANT some of those characters. My favorite FF game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
WoL/Cecil are all i need on my new account to have a very balanced team. Hope i can get him or maybe Cecil down the line.

Lyrian

Was INT effective enough to get ya by?

I seem to be having better luck with the boss dropping the heart. Any theives pop up in INT for anyone?

Can't really say, as I've been running ADV exclusively. Thieves seem to be quite rare. Went 0 for 12 in seeing thieves yesterday and am 2 for 6 today so far. I would be surprised if thieves were more common on INT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom