• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hysterical that the most annoying part of this event isnt the ridiculous demon hearts....BUT THE GOD DAMN FAREPLANE SOUL. PLEASE I NEVER KNEW

Is there any good place to farm these? I tried the top floor of Siren's Tower and one of the Lechios Hills, they don't really drop very often. I only have like 7 of them from all the crafting I've been doing :(

Is there any good place to farm these? I tried the top floor of Siren's Tower and one of the Lechios Hills, they don't really drop very often. I only have like 7 of them from all the crafting I've been doing :(

Siren's Tower seems to have the best rate for both dropping and stealing...though some on reddit claim that Lechios Hills has more options, enemy wise.

Yogg

Some stats from my first couple of days with the event:

I got 19 hearts from 17 ADV runs in a row with 2 thieves. That's 13.4 energy per heart.

I just finished my 20th INT run in a row, and I'm at 13 hearts +2 from thieves. That's 13.3 energy per heart.

It's a small sample but both feel quite similar to me. One difference is I get many farplane souls from INT, and close to none from ADV. So I think I'll keep going INT for a while (and no insta deaths, and I can use TM characters for a slight bonus).

On a totally different topic: why is Terra considered that good ? She seems like a subpar WHM combined with a subpar BLM to me. What am I missing ? (and she doesn't have Cheer)

Caim

I got 19 hearts from 17 ADV runs in a row with 2 thieves. That's 13.4 energy per heart.

I just finished my 20th INT run in a row, and I'm at 13 hearts +2 from thieves. That's 13.3 energy per heart.

It's a small sample but both feel quite similar to me. One difference is I get many farplane souls from INT, and close to none from ADV. So I think I'll keep going INT for a while (and no insta deaths, and I can use TM characters for a slight bonus).

On a totally different topic: why is Terra considered that good ? She seems like a subpar WHM combined with a subpar BLM to me. What am I missing ? (and she doesn't have Cheer)

Being the only unit with Raise seems to be the only thing good thing about Terra. I'm assuming I use her Trust is good too. I use her as my BLM but I'll probably replace her with Kefka once he's maxed.

Azuran

Banned

I guess some people really need that Raise because other than that she has nothing to offer that other characters don't have. Fina/Roselia/Lenna are better healers/supports while Exdeath/Kefka/Tellah are better nukers. Also her MP pool sucks so you won't be nuking for long if you decide to try that.

The only reason to hold on to Terra is that she's obviously getting a 6* in the future.

Heng

Siren's Tower seems to have the best rate for both dropping and stealing...though some on reddit claim that Lechios Hills has more options, enemy wise.
There's always Zadehl Westersand. You could farm for fire megacryst and farplane soul at the same time. Decent amount of those crystals show up, you could even steal from them.

Terra has a great TM, and as you said she is a subpar W/B Mage. She does have raise, which I think she may be the only one in game atm until Tellah comes out.

I think Tellah may be a good replacement for Terra as a secondary healer. He has almost everything Terra has but also has the other -GA she's missing, and a great DPS potential move for very little MP. I'm definitely going for the three characters, but I would be happy just getting one of these characters.

Yogg

Being the only unit with Raise seems to be the only thing good thing about Terra. I'm assuming I use her Trust is good too. I use her as my BLM but I'll probably replace her with Kefka once he's maxed.

From what I've experienced so far, any boss capable of killing an important character from my party is an encounter where I'll get behind if I lose a turn raising a character to 30% hp (with high chances of him/her being killed again next turn). Maybe future bosses will have a need for it, but right now I feel like raise doesn't make that big of a difference.

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn, decent banner. I'm desperately in need of a tank so I'm gonna be pulling for a WoL.

Has anyone determined if the 300 lapis bundle is legit? I'm trying to get 5000 lapis by the end of the current bundle's timer for the 11 tickets, but if the 300 one is good I may wait.

Valentus

Lenna will be the best white mage in the game . She outclasses fina real hard

WoL you know is the hoy deal right now.

Tellah is the golbez of the batch lol

_woLf

Damn, decent banner. I'm desperately in need of a tank so I'm gonna be pulling for a WoL.

Has anyone determined if the 300 lapis bundle is legit? I'm trying to get 5000 lapis by the end of the current bundle's timer for the 11 tickets, but if the 300 one is good I may wait.

What 300 lapis bundle? I haven't heard of that one.

How long after JP got WoL did they get Lightning? Anyone know?

Lyrian

Outside of datamining, no. That said, all of the datamined information has been exactly correct to date so far. The 300 lapis daily bundle is expected to start the day after the 11 tickets for 5500 lapis expires.

Ourobolus

Banned
Outside of datamining, no. That said, all of the datamined information has been exactly correct to date so far. The 300 lapis daily bundle is expected to start the day after the 11 tickets for 5500 lapis expires.

How long was it supposed to run for? 8 days, right (8 types of magicite)?

According to the Wiki, WoL was released on January 12th. Lightning was released on February 15th.

So, 1 month-ish gap.

Must.....hold....out!!!!

I want to roll on this banner but I have Roselia/Fina. I hear that new WM chick is nice though. I don't have a tank as of yet because my party is some mish mash hybrid phys/magic dps setup. CoD, Garland, Exdeath, Kefka, healer but it gets the job done well so far. I really want to hold out for Lightning.

Lyrian

Followup, as this is going to be asked sooner or later...

Who is left between WoL and Lightning?

Two banners:

Adamant, Freya, Garnet (5), Lani (4)
Seria, Tillith, Karl (5), Adel (4) [Brave Frontier Collab]

Yogg

Two banners:

Is any of them particularly good or remarkable ?

Valus

I might go all in on this banner...I could really use them. I don't have a tank or Vaan, and Krile/Celes are best healers/mages at the moment. Sounds like Lenna and Tellah would be solid upgrades as well.

Azuran

Banned
According to the Wiki, WoL was released on January 12th. Lightning was released on February 15th.

So, 1 month-ish gap.

Now I'm certainly going all out on this one then. I have a higher chance of getting WoL than Lightning and I really want a Full Break user

CCIE

Banned
Have you looked at Tellah? Dude has all of the -GA spells (main ones), and Raise. I wouldn't mind pairing him with Kefka and nuking the crap out of everything. All three of the units are winners in my book

Have you looked at Tellah? Dude has all of the -GA spells (main ones), and Raise. I wouldn't mind pairing him with Kefka and nuking the crap out of everything. All three of the units are winners in my book

Yup, Tellah is the third best mage we will have for the time being.

Flambe

Yeah not saying he isn't good, just have Ex-death and 5 Kefkas already, when does the madness end?

Having pinch extra Cura/Raise is cool though

So is it better to run INT for the Demon Heart event? I have been running ADV but that last boss takes forever to kill, kind of annoying.

So is it better to run INT for the Demon Heart event? I have been running ADV but that last boss takes forever to kill, kind of annoying.

Its a matter of patience lol ADV gets a guaranteed Demon Heart while costing more and taking longer. INT costs less and is AUTO "able" but the heart isnt a sure fire drop.

Yogg

Some slightly useful info for those who lack farplane souls: stealing from Colosseum BGN S-3 mobs has netted nice results for me, about one soul every 2 rounds.

Kouriozan

Two banners:

Feel like we're getting those faster than the Japanese version, might be because we got Chizuru and some other units early.
Has there ever been a banner with Ex-Death in it?
At worst, he's getting featured when his 6* awakening will hit Global.

Kouriozan

As far as mages go, barring an ExDeath down the line, I'll be pulling for Arc. Dude is a base 3*, but gets bonuses to MAG, MP, the basic -GA spells and Double Cast. Shouldn't be too hard to obtain either as a 3*...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/341
The FF3 banner will be pretty amazing.

fZM9aK6.jpg

chances to get Luneth, Refia being top tier, Arc is pretty good and even Ingus got Full Break (but he's still the weaker of the lot)
Sadly it's far far away (It was released 3 months after WoL)

CCIE

Banned
Hey, do you get better materials when you solo? I just accidentally ran the Peak with just my Chizuru and a friend unit, and it gave me a bunch of Megacrysts... I actually got three Ice out of that run.

If so, I am going to feel STUPID for not doing so earlier. Or is it just coincidence?

Ourobolus

Banned
Hey, do you get better materials when you solo? I just accidentally ran the Peak with just my Chizuru and a friend unit, and it gave me a bunch of Megacrysts... I actually got three Ice out of that run.

If so, I am going to feel STUPID for not doing so earlier. Or is it just coincidence?

Not that I've noticed. I ran Phantom Forest with a full party and got 4 Megacites. Others, 0. Pretty sure it's just random.

creid

Is there any good use for the 50 mini cactuars we got from the recent event? I don't really need gil all that badly, but I want to put them to some use.

Is there any good use for the 50 mini cactuars we got from the recent event? I don't really need gil all that badly, but I want to put them to some use.

Use them on a bunch of 1* rank units to awaken then sell to get yourself closer to the awakening trophy and the gil trophy.

chrono01

I'm really tempted to try for Warrior of Light, but I'm going to save my tickets for Lightning-sama, so I can throw everything at her when she's released and get absolutely nothing in-return.

I cannot wait.

c-murph

No way im running the advance demon thingy 80 times to craft a staff slightly better than ice rod.

And thats not even taking in consideration the other stuff. 44 void vessels is lunacy.

Two banners:

I want Garnet to go with my Zidane. Might pull for WoL but I don't need him. I currently have 3,000 Lapis and 6 Tickets saved for a rainy day. I want Lightning, Ramza in the future. Maybe all the FF7 and FF10 cast if they ever show up.

Also, have about 20,000 Friend Points I have no idea what to do with... Any point in saving them? Will the rare Cactaur and Turtles come back again?

Maledict

I don't care if Lightning is amazing, she's such an awful character I wouldn't want her in my party!

Side note - for a healer character like Fina, should I be prioritising spirit or magic? I was going for spirit based on the in game descriptions but I've seen people saying Magic is better for boosting her heals?

Day 2 of the event ended for me and 20 demon hearts...so 1/7 of the event so if I keep the pace up that is 140...yeah probably not going for two. Especially as I'll probably be doing the weekend event.

Maledict

I'm only rank 31 and have 0 end game mages, so think I'm probably better off just finishing the storyline and levelling up units rather than bother farming it. Someone tell me I'm sane so I don't start... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom