• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

I'm only rank 31 and have 0 end game mages, so think I'm probably better off just finishing the storyline and levelling up units rather than bother farming it. Someone tell me I'm sane so I don't start... ;-)
Don't waste your time! Stock up on cactuars this weekend!

CCIE

Banned
Well if I cannot get WoL, Adamant would be a decent replacement tank. Going to pull a little off the FFT and FFIX banners for sure. I expect FFT shortly after Lightning shows up.

CCIE

Banned
One of the friends on my list is definitely a whale. He has Excalibur, Gugnir, Dual-wield, and all on a Bartz with Barrage. His Barrage hits 8 times...

Wow

I don't care if Lightning is amazing, she's such an awful character I wouldn't want her in my party!

Side note - for a healer character like Fina, should I be prioritising spirit or magic? I was going for spirit based on the in game descriptions but I've seen people saying Magic is better for boosting her heals?

EXACTLY, she can fuck off.

Healing is based on SPR and MAG but scales MUCH higher with SPR

Magic damage is based off MAG

Magic Defensive is based off SPR

Xion86

Nice, started to get 2 Demon Hearts more frequently per Vortex run.

Only going for the one staff, screw trying to get two of them in time.

H3xum

Right now my squad is

5* Kefka
5* Chiz
5* Fina
5* Rain
4* Vivi

I have a 4* Laswell as well.

Would pulling at the next banner be worth it? I understand WoL would help but I'm not sure it is worth it overall? Opinions?

scarlet

Right now my squad is

5* Kefka
5* Chiz
5* Fina
5* Rain
4* Vivi

I have a 4* Laswell as well.

Would pulling at the next banner be worth it? I understand WoL would help but I'm not sure it is worth it overall? Opinions?

WoL and Tellah can replace your Rain and Vivi

I was initially going to wait until Lightning hit to pull but I guess I should do it here if I really need a physical attacker and am using Fina for healing, right? I'd have a better chance of landing WoL than Lightning to fill the physical attacker role and there's less heartbreak in missing him because Lenna or whatever her name is would be a better healer than Fina so a great consolation prize. Having two characters you'd be really happy with seems like a good time to pull. Also, there's always I chance I'll finally get Chizu while pulling ;p Don't need the third guy though, already have ExDeath and Kefka so I just really need a physical damage beast. Vaan is decent in the meantime though I haven't unlocked Full Break yet. Rain needs to be replaced and I'm hoping that will be with WoL. Or Chizu...

Nice, started to get 2 Demon Hearts more frequently per Vortex run.

Only going for the one staff, screw trying to get two of them in time.

Yeah, after thinking about it for a while I've decided to go for one rod myself. It seems like getting the 80 hearts should be easily doable by just playing the vortex a few times everyday while still being able to grind for other things as well. Seems like you'd have to do nothing but the vortex for the 2 weeks to be able to afford 2 rods though. Might not be worth it, but oh well, it's something else to work towards.

have you all really looked into lightning skillset for a minute?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/278

She really has a very versatile powerfull skillset.

Luneth has so less moves than lightning, but is only brute force

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/339

I, getting today blade mastery TM, will betting all on luneth. But Lightning is a very very very strong unit and gamechanging in anyone's set.

Yes, yes I think we are all aware of how OP she is lol

CCIE

Banned
The chances of drawing a base 5* unit like Lightning, Luneth, Orlandu, etc ... I don't think I'm willing to bet my tickets on those chances. I might put some money into trying to obtain one of them if there is a common banner down the road, but I'm not going to go chasing them either

Matticers

So is the general consensus that the upcoming banner is worth spending most/all of your tickets to try and get WoL/Lenna? Especially WoL, obviously. Or is it better to save up for a Lightning chance?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
YMp22t2.png
I am done with this game.

EDIT:
This seems legitimate.

Just beat Int S-5. Took me 2 tries, first time I lost cause I forgot he could confuse so I got wrecked. Second time all I had was Artemios left with 200hp to finish the job with cheap shot.

For now all I'm going to do is grind rank. Mobius is coming out soon so I'll be diving into that for a bit and I've had FFT:WOTL on my phone for about 2yrs now and have never played it so to get an appreciation for those characters, I just jumped into that

Kouriozan

One of the friends on my list is definitely a whale. He has Excalibur, Gugnir, Dual-wield, and all on a Bartz with Barrage. His Barrage hits 8 times...

Wow
Is it this guy?

I wonder how I got him on my friend list :lol

EDIT : Looks like it's not him, mine has 2x Excalibur.

cp6PDmTl.jpg

Eidjinn

Opened some space to friends!

Mikon: 671,178,782
What I offer: Leader Cecil Max lv, but also have Cod, Vaan and Kefka!

Also, I'd like to thank TbkGaf, Lordcyno, Faenix and cw2ssk! Chizuru was an awesome help! Damm!

have you all really looked into lightning skillset for a minute?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/278

She really has a very versatile powerfull skillset.

No one has to care though because we won't be able to pull her ;) Basically it will be a hunt for people that some how lucked upon her and friend them. Alas, that won't help you in the Coliseum. I will say this though, I don't give a shit how rare Squall will be to pull when he hits, I will spend all the lapis to get him.

WarAdept

So for the first time, there's a character that interests me in pulling. Warrior of Light.

Currently I have 21400 Lapis and 22 Tickets. I planned on spending it all trying to get Luneth/Lightning. Right now, I still haven't pulled on any premium units, and I'm doing fine. All story content can be auto'd with my ragtag team of story/free units and I've just arrived at the Int S-3 Colosseum boss.

But the lure of a tank/FB hybrid interests me greatly. Is it worth it? Is there any upcoming content that can't be beaten with just the free/story units? Or should I just wait
for dissapointment
for the Lightning banner?

So for the first time, there's a character that interests me in pulling. Warrior of Light.

Currently I have 21400 Lapis and 22 Tickets. I planned on spending it all trying to get Luneth/Lightning. Right now, I still haven't pulled on any premium units, and I'm doing fine. All story content can be auto'd with my ragtag team of story/free units and I've just arrived at the Int S-3 Colosseum boss.

But the lure of a tank/FB hybrid interests me greatly. Is it worth it? Is there any upcoming content that can't be beaten with just the free/story units? Or should I just wait
for dissapointment
for the Lightning banner?

#fucklightning

hitmon

Watching your entire team go down slowly by Death from the red eyeball monsters was quite the experience especially with my main hitter (guest Chiz) going down with the first Death affliction. I forgot to equip phoenix down and didn't have anyone with Raise skill.

After about a day or 2 with the event, have you been getting demon Hearts more in Int or Adv version of the event vortex?

I have 10 hearts from one day of INT so totally doable (i wasnt even maximizing nrg use)

I do have max locke though so i might be getting slightly better results from INT

ADV justbrequires too much micro managing

I dont mind wasting nrg on more mindless grinding

Valonquar

Same boat. I'm at 30 vessels now, but FUCK the souls ain't dropping fast enough. The wisp droprate in forest seems shit to me. On a whim I did the bgn event vortex & got 4 all as drops from the blue eyes. Might try dumping a bunch into that tomorrow and see how it fares.

Feels like the game is encouraging you to get more crafting slots.

Unless it's a supply bottleneck in which case *salut*

IM LIKE WHY

Same boat. I'm at 30 vessels now, but FUCK the souls ain't dropping fast enough. The wisp droprate in forest seems shit to me. On a whim I did the bgn event vortex & got 4 all as drops from the blue eyes. Might try dumping a bunch into that tomorrow and see how it fares.

Lemme know how that works....PLEASE

I'll be sure to send u a screenshot when I get him
Likewise new best GAF friend. Then we add each other so we can run with two Squalls a day!

Does anyone know who from here is Nomidor in the game? Been trying to accept his FR for the better part of a month but he's always full.

PACK IT UP BOYS, THIS MANS A GENIUS

Been running nothing but beginning, no less than 2 farplane souls PER RUN.

YASSSSSSSS

Takuan

Opened some space to friends!

Mikon: 671,178,782
What I offer: Leader Cecil Max lv, but also have Cod, Vaan and Kefka!

Also, I'd like to thank TbkGaf, Lordcyno, Faenix and cw2ssk! Chizuru was an awesome help! Damm!
Just added you. Had no idea you could change your player name, I went ahead and did that to match my GAF name since I didn't put any thought into it while re-rolling.

I'm basically slowly working on maxing my guys until Squall hits. No rush!

Folstern

Did not know that WoL had Full Break... Now I have to consider rolling to get him. I'll probably stop if I get Lenna as I need an upgrade to Fina. No TM units make me sad to include in a party.
Plus BE units are scrubs

Falk

that puzzling face
The chances of drawing a base 5* unit like Lightning, Luneth, Orlandu, etc ... I don't think I'm willing to bet my tickets on those chances.

It's all relative anyway. A 0.1% chance is better than a 0.05% chance. There's no point hoarding tickets for a lower chance.

Rixa

Btw in JPBE they dont have that 5000 Lapis = 11 tix bundle anymore.
Instead they have option in every banner for 5k Lapis = 11 pull (1 guaranteed 4*, which doesnt mean much). But the question is do you wanna pull 11 times from one banner?

Global might get same 5k / 11 (guaranteed 4*) pulls in future banners.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Man i could have sworn you posted a Lightning screen where you pulled her a couple pages ago - might have been another mod then xD

But yeah Tidus is a beat....just saw his stats/skills. Just glad that you dont need Gacha units to finish and clear all the story sections.

You could also just wait for new story chapters and farm the stuff that looks interesting to you - no one needs to grind nonstop to enjoy this game between all this Rank/TM/Megacrystal/LB farming and co. obv that you will get burned out rather quick.

The official release was last month - we are still very early when it comes to content, your expectations might be a bit too high.

We'll all be dead before FF7r gets finished. D=

For a moment i though you were talking about Versus..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom