• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonkeng

Btw in JPBE they dont have that 5000 Lapis = 11 tix bundle anymore.
Instead they have option in every banner for 5k Lapis = 11 pull (1 guaranteed 4*, which doesnt mean much). But the question is do you wanna pull 11 times from one banner?

Global might get same 5k / 11 (guaranteed 4*) pulls in future banners.

I prefer the 11 tickets bundle. Atleast i can stop halfway in case i get the unit i want.

Guaranteed 4* only means you're getting Shadow 99.99% of the time.

Now if it's guaranteed 5*, that's another story. Maybe Duane's turn.

Rixa

I prefer the 11 tickets bundle. Atleast i can stop halfway in case i get the unit i want.

Guaranteed 4* only means you're getting Shadow 99.99% of the time.

Now if it's guaranteed 5*, that's another story. Maybe Duane's turn.

Yeah, most will prefer 11 tix to use when ever.
Nah its 4* Clyne & 5* Rakshasa.

Dandte

Yeah, most will prefer 11 tix to use when ever.
Nah its 4* Clyne & 5* Rakshasa.

I have 6 pulls for the whole wol banner...considering i did as many on the locke and friends banner and only got 2 shadows maria galuf rakshass and another maria....this will be fun.

condigy

Anyone else experiencing appcrashes while trying to send gifts to friends?

This issue started yesterday (noticed it yesterday evening after sending some friendsrequests + trying to send gifts out)

Phone is One plus one(Android 6), not rooted (Also sent an e-mail to support.)

Rixa

This issue started yesterday (noticed it yesterday evening after sending some friendsrequests + trying to send gifts out)

Yes. If you have enough friends in your list and you try to "Receive All" it crashes.
Send all works. So you need to accept them one by one. This issue has been going now about 1 month or so. Not from start cause in May I already had max friend list.

I have a weird problem with Nox emulator. It randomly freezes and I have to minimize and maximize it to fix it. The problem does not appear in fullscreen mode. Anyone knows what might be the problem ? I'm using win10

I had this problem on Android before but havent had it in a long time

Im not entirely sure what causes the bug

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm sitting here asking "am I really grinding 80 (minus a few) rounds of a 15 stam dungeon just to make a rod that gives the same amount of stats as a bunch of other readily available gear?"

Notwitstanding there isn't really any other weapon with 35 MAG right now.

I'm sitting here asking "am I really grinding 80 (minus a few) rounds of a 15 stam dungeon just to make a rod that gives the same amount of stats as a bunch of other readily available gear?"

Well

Hopefully you wont have to do 80 runs exactly... and I HATE that 15 NRG run so im just gonna lean on Locke to get me my hearts from INT runs

Yes it will take longer and be less efficient but my brain will have a chance to turn off

Geez Europa is a bitch, considering all the other bosses in BGN were a breeze so far.

Are there dimishing returns on status effect spells? I feel like my first blind or silence lands fairly easily, but is a bitch to reapply.

Koeta

So I have been playing on my Galaxy S7, installed it on my Nexus 7 today and it's not running very well at all, anyone here play on a Nexus 7 does it run poorly for you also?

Kouriozan

In the "I got money and I'm bored" category, I present you this deadly Roselia with Barrage.

nnE19o2l.jpg

At least with people like him, Brave Exvius Global will sure last more than the one year of assured content Square Enix said at E3.

H3xum

Alright. I have 31 tickets saved up.

Going to try to pull a WoL to replace my 5* Rain

I'll take whatever I get along the way to replace my 5* Fina and 4* Vivi

My 5* Kefka and Chiz can only carry me so hard in the Colosseum (aka up to Int D-5 Boss)

In the "I got money and I'm bored" category, I present you this deadly Roselia with Barrage.

At least with people like him, Brave Exvius Global will sure last more than the one year of assured content Square Enix said at E3.

That's awesome. I've been surprised at how many people I've got on my list that seem to be whales. Have at least 5 or 6 now that are decked out in TMs and I didn't even go out of my way to find them and add them to my list. Those people are probably my only chance to use those super rare 5* minimum units.

Lyrian

Yup. I hit that same point as well this morning.

Part of me wants to just get the heart grinding over with, while the other keeps asking "are you sure you really want to do this?"

At least this is freeing up time to do other activites/games for a change.

Pejo

nnE19o2l.jpg

My favorite part about this is that he TM'd a Penelo just to be able for Roselia to equip a sword in the first place.

Sometimes I wish I had that much money to burn on this stuff.

I finally maxed out my Locke last night and put him as my friend summon, 231 attack and just under 3k HP with the best gear I had, not terrible.

Begrudgingly farming hearts now for that stupid rod. Hope I didn't bone myself by being a few days behind already.

Is INT generally accepted as the best method for farming the hearts? I know ADV is guaranteed 1, but I'm not sure how the math plays out. I've only not gotten a heart twice in 10+ runs so far on INT.

CCIE

Banned
I'm just doing the Peak/Dessert run to get materials for HR. I have enough for an additional three rings now for a total of five. Also, up to 60 sacred crystals from the Vortex so hopefully I get some units to spend them on this weekend.

I need a better setup to beat the S5 boss

Valonquar

Fareplane souuullllllls FFFFFFFFFF. Getting nearly none of them in forest. Feels good to get the power levels in on my summons though. My Chizuru is up to 358 atk now.

Fareplane souuullllllls FFFFFFFFFF. Getting nearly none of them in forest. Feels good to get the power levels in on my summons though. My Chizuru is up to 358 atk now.

Yeah, as others said, the Souls are the real pain in the ass for the gravity rod. Already over 40 Hearts, but I'm nearly out of the Souls. Hoping I can pick up a few while farming Fire Megacrysts when I'm done with the Hearts. Good call on the Colosseum CCIE. I'll give that a shot too.

CCIE

Banned
Hell YES!!! Beat that damn dragon... stopped using Magic for damage, and used it only for support. Kefka's Trine is OP. I used it to blind and silence the stupid beast so he couldn't confuse my party, then used it again every other turn until Kefka ran out of magic. Chizuru and Garland took care of it, with Celes actually providing decent support in Magic Break and Sealing Blade. All but Kefka survived with the Dragon providing a smashing critical round that took him out near the end.

Finally... took about eight tries until I changed strategy

Hell YES!!! Beat that damn dragon... stopped using Magic for damage, and used it only for support. Kefka's Trine is OP. I used it to blind and silence the stupid beast so he couldn't confuse my party, then used it again every other turn until Kefka ran out of magic. Chizuru and Garland took care of it, with Celes actually providing decent support in Magic Break and Sealing Blade. All but Kefka survived with the Dragon providing a smashing critical round that took him out near the end.

Finally... took about eight tries until I changed strategy

Congrats CCIE! Feels good to finally kill that bastard. Too bad all you get for it is a Turbo Ether recipe.

Yogg

Yeah, as others said, the Souls are the real pain in the ass for the gravity rod. Already over 40 Hearts, but I'm nearly out of the Souls. Hoping I can pick up a few while farming Fire Megacrysts when I'm done with the Hearts. Good call on the Colosseum CCIE. I'll give that a shot too.

Spend your arena tokens in BGN S-3, you can steal farplane souls pretty often from the trash rounds. I've gotten at least a dozen so far, which is a nice bonus for no energy.

desverger

What should I be focusing on for the megacrysts for the hero ring? Hitting all the glow spots?

Ice you can get from Wolfsgang Peak exploration or Kolobos Marsh exploration. Personally I prefer Wolfsgang, even if the route is a bit trickier. Remember to check the maps from exviuswiki for example, so you know where all the collection points are.

For fire, you'll want to do Zadehl Westersand exploration.

Just hit all the spots and hope you get the megacrysts, that's all there is to it.

Spend your arena tokens in BGN S-3, you can steal farplane souls pretty often from the trash rounds. I've gotten at least a dozen so far, which is a nice bonus for no energy.

Very nice, will do. I've been spamming BGN D-1 these past few weeks after beating the Colosseum to work towards the trophies that I didn't even think to steal them. That should help nicely.

A day or so ago I finally turned my attention to knocking out all the sidequests I had piled up and I'm now down to the last one I have. This one requires collecting 8 white magicites. Is Fulan Pass really the only place to get them? I've had two runs without getting a single one... This looks like it's going to be brutal and I know the reward will be shit because they almost always are ha I wish I did the one for the fire rod recipe sooner though, just finished creating it and going to equip that bad boy on Kefka. I'll give ExDeath the Ice one when I get it in the Colosseum which I just looked up and I'm on that level right now :D Just need a few more battles I think to get to the boss for it.

I also finally grabbed Golem, he didn't get a single turn due to how late I snagged him haha Need to get Shiva now. I looked it up and turns out I shouldn't have left Wolfgang after killing that boss. I figured whatever stirred wouldn't be worth looking for since I was in a hurry at the time. Whoops! Once I get Shiva I'll have an esper on everyone, just need to level them up. What order should I prioritize them? I started with Ifrit and figure I should finish him first for Raging Fist but who after that? Ramuh?

Can't wait for the cactuar event, been sitting on Vaan at max 4 star level for a while so I can keep progressing in the Colosseum and plan on blasting his level up quickly when I load up on gigantuars. Probably will focus on finishing off Kefka first though but he's already in the 70's so hopefully shouldn't take much. Oh, FINALLY learned Cheer with Fina too so looking forward to trying that on the next strong boss. Didn't have it for Europa but didn't think Europa was that hard anyway. Just needed barathundara. Although I'm already eyeing Fina's replacement with the banner this weekend ;p

A day or so ago I finally turned my attention to knocking out all the sidequests I had piled up and I'm now down to the last one I have. This one requires collecting 8 white magicites. Is Fulan Pass really the only place to get them? I've had two runs without getting a single one... This looks like it's going to be brutal and I know the reward will be shit because they almost always are ha I wish I did the one for the fire rod recipe sooner though, just finished creating it and going to equip that bad boy on Kefka. I'll give ExDeath the Ice one when I get it in the Colosseum which I just looked up and I'm on that level right now :D Just need a few more battles I think to get to the boss for it.

I also finally grabbed Golem, he didn't get a single turn due to how late I snagged him haha Need to get Shiva now. I looked it up and turns out I shouldn't have left Wolfgang after killing that boss. I figured whatever stirred wouldn't be worth looking for since I was in a hurry at the time. Whoops! Once I get Shiva I'll have an esper on everyone, just need to level them up. What order should I prioritize them? I started with Ifrit and figure I should finish him first for Raging Fist but who after that? Ramuh?

Can't wait for the cactuar event, been sitting on Vaan at max 4 star level for a while so I can keep progressing in the Colosseum and plan on blasting his level up quickly when I load up on gigantuars. Probably will focus on finishing off Kefka first though but he's already in the 70's so hopefully shouldn't take much. Oh, FINALLY learned Cheer with Fina too so looking forward to trying that on the next strong boss. Didn't have it for Europa but didn't think Europa was that hard anyway. Just needed barathundara. Although I'm already eyeing Fina's replacement with the banner this weekend ;p
What is your team? Europa is destroying me. I have 5* Rain, Lasswell, Golbez, Fina, and Kefka. I wish someone on my team could use Barthundera besides Fina.

I actually just did that quest and I used Fulan Pass it only took 4 runs to get all of them. I mean it's RNG I had one run with 0 and then my next run I got 4 so just keep at it.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, I'm in need of some new units... I've got almost 60 sacred crystals to level up units with, so hopefully I can pull one of each. At least two of the three. I'm still debating whether to pull for Locke or Artemios tomorrow before the banner goes away. How has people's luck been with the banner?

Dreavus

Technically the hearts are the only time sensitive thing because they are tied to the event. You have extra time to obtain the souls since we already have the recipe.

What is your team? Europa is destroying me. I have 5* Rain, Lasswell, Golbez, Fina, and Kefka. I wish someone on my team could use Barthundera besides Fina.
I used a max 5* ExDeath, 5* around lvl 70 Kefka (so still no Hyperdrive), low to mid level 5* Fina (so no Cheer) and Rain and a 4* Vaan. I had Fina use Cura every turn but would use Curaga if he ever just focused on one character with an attack. Vaan had barathundara and the Coral Sword equipped. His job was to make sure Barathundara was ALWAYS on otherwise you're in trouble. If it's on everyone, I did regular attack with Coral Sword (after debuffing his defense). Rain would debuff attack and then do regular attacks afterward. ExDeath I believe I did Imperil and then spammed Thundaga. Kefka spammed Thundaga. As long as you always have barathundara up at all times and heal every round, you should pull through.

Edit: Just saw only Fina can equip Barathundara. That's a bummer, hmm did you obtain the Cura recipe in the Colosseum? Could have one of the mages heal while she focuses on barathundara and healing when that's up. Otherwise, maybe just have everyone use a healing item on themselves the round that Fina casts barathundara and if anyone doesn't need healing, have them use it on Fina instead.
I actually just did that quest and I used Fulan Pass it only took 4 runs to get all of them. I mean it's RNG I had one run with 0 and then my next run I got 4 so just keep at it.

Thanks for the confirmation and encouragement. Just the three nodes, right?

I used a max 5* ExDeath, 5* around lvl 70 Kefka (so still no Hyperdrive), low to mid level 5* Fina (so no Cheer) and Rain and a 4* Vaan. I had Fina use Cura every turn but would use Curaga if he ever just focused on one character with an attack. Vaan had barathundara and the Coral Sword equipped. His job was to make sure Barathundara was ALWAYS on otherwise you're in trouble. If it's on everyone, I did regular attack with Coral Sword (after debuffing his defense). Rain would debuff attack and then do regular attacks afterward. ExDeath I believe I did Imperil and then spammed Thundaga. Kefka spammed Thundaga. As long as you always have barathundara up at all times and heal every round, you should pull through.

Edit: Just saw only Fina can equip Barathundara. That's a bummer, hmm did you obtain the Cura recipe in the Colosseum? Could have one of the mages heal while she focuses on barathundara and healing when that's up. Otherwise, maybe just have everyone use a healing item on themselves the round that Fina casts barathundara and if anyone doesn't need healing, have them use it on Fina instead.

Thanks for the confirmation and encouragement. Just the three nodes, right?
Maybe i just need to level more. I'm just getting hit too hard. Thanks for the advice though.

Maybe i just need to level more. I'm just getting hit too hard. Thanks for the advice though.

Hmm do you use Rain's skill that lowers attack? That helps soften his physical attacks enough that you should hopefully be able to keep people alive with healing each round. It's incredibly easy to not pay attention when barathundara runs out too. Sometimes it'd end right as he was beginning his attack too so I got to the point where I just cast it every 2-3 turns.

Yeah, I'm in need of some new units... I've got almost 60 sacred crystals to level up units with, so hopefully I can pull one of each. At least two of the three. I'm still debating whether to pull for Locke or Artemios tomorrow before the banner goes away. How has people's luck been with the banner?

The fuck is wrong with you. WAIT FOR THE NEW BANNER DAMNIT

Very nice, will do. I've been spamming BGN D-1 these past few weeks after beating the Colosseum to work towards the trophies that I didn't even think to steal them. That should help nicely.

BEG of the Demon Unleashed has THE MOST consistent drops for farplane souls. Have never had a run without getting one, couple that with the Colosseum and it shouldn't be too tough to get enough.

Hmm do you use Rain's skill that lowers attack? That helps soften his physical attacks enough that you should hopefully be able to keep people alive with healing each round. It's incredibly easy to not pay attention when barathundara runs out too. Sometimes it'd end right as he was beginning his attack too so I got to the point where I just cast it every 2-3 turns.
Yea i think not being able to cast barthundara and heal in the same turn is my biggest issue. I don't think Golbez or Kefka can use cura sadly.

The fuck is wrong with you. WAIT FOR THE NEW BANNER DAMNIT

BEG of the Demon Unleashed has THE MOST consistent drops for farplane souls. Have never had a run without getting one, couple that with the Colosseum and it shouldn't be too tough to get enough.

I'll definitely give that a shot too. I know the grind isn't all that bad, but the worst part about it is that I've probably sold over 300 of them since playing and now I have to grind for them :p.

Yea i think not being able to cast barthundara and heal in the same turn is my biggest issue. I don't think Golbez or Kefka can use cura sadly.

I think you could make it work to just buy some hi potions or whatever one heals as much as cura and have each person heal themselves or Fina with that on the turns that Fina casts Baranthundara. Any other turn she can handle the healing.

How many Farplane Souls does that rod need? It's weird seeing people starving for it when it's one of the items I'm on a second stack for without trying to obtain it. Must cost a couple hundred or something.

I think you could make it work to just buy some hi potions or whatever one heals as much as cura and have each person heal themselves or Fina with that on the turns that Fina casts Baranthundara. Any other turn she can handle the healing.

How many Farplane Souls does that rod need? It's weird seeing people starving for it when it's one of the items I'm on a second stack for without trying to obtain it. Must cost a couple hundred or something.

220 I believe. Same with Dark Crysts, but those are super easy to get by changing your friend list gift.

I didn't think you could use items if you were in coliseum. I couldn't figure out how.

CCIE

Banned
Damn, Chilly... tell me what you really think ;) I just kind of wanted Artemios, and I am itching to pull. But I will wait until Friday. Would like any of the units, and hopefully I am able to get WoL. Tired of farming for Megacrysts so I think I might run the Phantom Forest instead for awhile.

I'll run the Awakening Vortex some more in the evening when I don't really have time to play the game.

I didn't think you could use items if you were in coliseum. I couldn't figure out how.

I'm an idiot, you can't. Sorry about that. I guess you'll either need to find someone that can equip barathundara besides Fina or find another effective healer so Fina can focus on bara. Sorry I'm not of much help here, guess I was lucky that Vaan could equip it.

I'm an idiot, you can't. Sorry about that. I guess you'll either need to find someone that can equip barathundara besides Fina or find another effective healer so Fina can focus on bara. Sorry I'm not of much help here, guess I was lucky that Vaan could equip it.
I've got Rashaka. Think I'm going to level him up and see what i can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom