• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
Wow Yogg, that is awesome. I don't think you will need to throw Lapis down though. Finally a banner to pull on tomorrow. I have eight or so summon tickets and 12K lapis to burn at this time. I'll throw some down, but I also need to save up for the FFIX banner as well. I figure one of the tanks will come to me eventually. If not, I will struggle through with what I have and can get over time.

Also, when Cecil gets his 6* I should have a pretty good chance of pulling him.. He's a base 3*. However, I really, really want WoL. Please RNG Gods! Wow, I wasn't going to run HR stuff today, but I did my two explorations for the dailies and pulled 4 Ice Megacrysts. Then I ran some more to see if the luck was still there and got 2 more... May run the Desert a few times this afternoon as well since I am more than halfway to another HR.

I'll have a better idea in the next few weeks what my TMR priorities are. Hopefully I have WoL, Lenna, Tellah, and Zidane in my account at that time. Best case scenario.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Will pull 3 times tomorrow - obv im hoping for WoL or Lenna...but honestly i would be fine with any useful unit at this point. My last 4-5 tickets only gave me trash :-/

Got Europa down to a sliver of his health but got screwed by Wave Canon.

I swear after getting silence once, it's nearly impossible to reapply it. Having 2 units use silence blade and a unit using Silence, you'd think I'd silence most of the time.... but noooo.

Yogg

Damn, the BEG Demons Unleashed isn't droppin farplane souls much anymore ; ; Anyone else have any spots?

I did all my runs on INT, farmed dailies on PF stealing from whisps (emptying the zone of encounters), and spent arena tokens on BGN S-3. I ran the vortex BGN once mor efor the last 2 and got lucky :D

The rod is now being crafted !

I did all my runs on INT, farmed dailies on PF stealing from whisps (emptying the zone of encounters), and spent arena tokens on BGN S-3. I ran the vortex BGN once mor efor the last 2 and got lucky :D

The rod is now being crafted !

People talk about those damn whisps but I swear I haven't been able to get more than three of the damn things.

kevyward

Alright

5* maxed out Chizuru Leader
5* maxed out Kefka
5* lvl 74 Leo
5* lvl 52 Roselia
4* lvl 45 Zidane

Excited to pull tomorrow! Sitting with 10 tickets.

I've got 9 slots open 340.145.140 and I play/gift daily.

chrono01

l;jkhjkfgjse5waserydxc065tr64835azwdgxflhcvj,gkgdjsdg
The game will glitch on you when you do finally pull an Exdeath. It'll show his profile/quote, but when you go to your Unit selection screen, Lightning will be there instead. You won't be able to sell/fuse her away, and will be automatically chosen as the leader for any/all of your teams.

Please be excited.

Xion86

Dammit! Ran out of Farplane Souls too! I've got 30 Void Vessels and 60 Demon Hearts so far. How long do I have again? A week?

The game will glitch on you when you do finally pull an Exdeath. It'll show his profile/quote, but when you go to your Unit selection screen, Lightning will be there instead. You won't be able to sell/fuse her away, and will be automatically chosen as the leader for any/all of your teams.

Please be excited.

tumblr_lphcoeVt7v1qejkb4.gif

Heng

Mmm... So Zidane is most likely going to get a boost in 2 weeks. I'm now debating whether or not I save my rolls for him... He has a higher chance of being pulled compared to WoL since he has a 3 star form, and his DW would be amazing for CoD. Then again since he has a 3 star form, I might actually be able to pull him outside a rate up...

I don't know what I should do, I only have 2 tickets (+1 for the portal event, and maybe 8-9 more if the magicite bundle is real) and 3k lapis. What do you guys think? Save for Zidane or try to get WoL?

Mmm... So Zidane is most likely going to get a boost in 2 weeks. I'm now debating whether or not I save my rolls for him... He has a higher chance of being pulled compared to WoL since he has a 3 star form, and his DW would be amazing for CoD. Then again since he has a 3 star form, I might actually be able to pull him outside a rate up...

I don't know what I should do, I only have 2 tickets (+1 for the portal event, and maybe 8-9 more if the magicite bundle is real) and 3k lapis. What do you guys think? Save for Zidane or try to get WoL?

It is extremely likely you will get a Zidane if you pull during the banner.

It is extremely unlikely that you will get a WoL during the banner.

If you can only pick one, the choice is yours.

Shouta

I didn't realize it but I had enough Trophies in the JP version to get a Monarch Ring. I'm 3 trophies short of the next reward too. Guess I'll start crafting those.

StarVigil

I mean, you have to choose between gambling for one of the best units in Global and JP, and Zidane. I do love him as much as the next guy, but I'm gonna use all of my tickets tomorrow and then go back to looking at pictures of units I could've pulled.

StarVigil

Zidane has one of the best Trust Master abilities though.
Yeah, but you either will have to grind forever and/ or pull multiple of him. If you're gonna grind forever, you might pull him the next time you pull, and if you pull multiple of him, well...

Heng

It is extremely likely you will get a Zidane if you pull during the banner.

It is extremely unlikely that you will get a WoL during the banner.

If you can only pick one, the choice is yours.
I mean, you have to choose between gambling for one of the best units in Global and JP, and Zidane. I do love him as much as the next guy, but I'm gonna use all of my tickets tomorrow and then go back to looking at pictures of units I could've pulled.
Zidane has one of the best Trust Master abilities though.
Atm I'm lacking a tank for my group. Zidane's TM would be great for CoD when she finally gets her 6 star form, and I even have 2 Locke for DW. I guess I could just wait and hope to get a Cecil banner, since his TM is also amazing.

How essential is a tank in the JP version? I mean I know it's really good to have one but can I manage to get by without one?

scarlet

Gonna use 6 tickets for this banner. WoL, Cecil, Lenna, Kefka, Vaan would be great addition for me.

But I don't have high expectation. Broke a mirror this morning. The curse.

Shouta

Yeah, but you either will have to grind forever and/ or pull multiple of him. If you're gonna grind forever, you might pull him the next time you pull, and if you pull multiple of him, well...

Once Trust Moogles get interested, the burden of grinding will go down.

Atm I'm lacking a tank for my group. Zidane's TM would be great for CoD when she finally gets her 6 star form, and I even have 2 Locke for DW. I guess I could just wait and hope to get a Cecil banner, since his TM is also amazing.

How essential is a tank in the JP version? I mean I know it's really good to have one but can I manage to get by without one?

Tanks are pretty important for boss content but not so much for regular enemies.

Shouta

By how much?

Gold (aka 5 Star) Trust Moogles are 10% per fusion. Blue (aka 4-Star) Trust Moogles are 5%. Gather enough out right and you'll get the ability.

You get them at the rate of 1 Gold Moogle per event usually unless there's a Trust Moogle event where you get a random one when you summon a character with a ticket or lapis. Though the Moogle summoning event has 3-Star Trust moogles which are 5% to a specific Trust Master only.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Gold (aka 5 Star) Trust Moogles are 10% per fusion. Blue (aka 4-Star) Trust Moogles are 5%. Gather enough out right and you'll get the ability.

You get them at the rate of 1 Gold Moogle per event usually unless there's a Trust Moogle event where you get a random one when you summon a character with a ticket or lapis. Though the Moogle summoning event has 3-Star Trust moogles which are 5% to a specific Trust Master only.

How often do events occur? I guess a time estimate in comparison to now. Is it similar to the Cacti? Where you can get a bunch and I'll be able to really bang out a few. Or closer to the current demon one, where you only get 1 for completely BGN, INT, ADV.

I'm assuming I'll still have to heavily grind it out, but i'll be able to knock off a good 20-30% chunk?

Aurizen

How soon will we get them and where would be get them? friend summon?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Taking a look at the new Global rankings. All three new characters are good. WoL being the 2nd tank, Leanna number 1 healer, and Tellah being a strong mage or support.

I really do hope Kefka gets a 6*

Looks like I'll be leveling up Hayate to replace Rain and having Cecil replace Edgar as my support. Whatever damage I lose with Edgar, looks like I can gain with Hayate. While I'll gain a decent support character who I can throw Cura on.

Shouta

How often do events occur? I guess a time estimate in comparison to now. Is it similar to the Cacti? Where you can get a bunch and I'll be able to really bang out a few. Or closer to the current demon one, where you only get 1 for completely BGN, INT, ADV.

I'm assuming I'll still have to heavily grind it out, but i'll be able to knock off a good 20-30% chunk?

Events are usually a week or two long with two weeks being the most common. They're given out for clearing the highest difficulty. So you'll get something like 2 per month from the time limited events. They're also available from the Monthly PvP Rankings and sometimes from various bonuses like login or campaigns, etc. So a good month is like 3-4ish. Combine that with a bit of grinding and dupes, and you'll get be able to get TM rewards. I saved my first 8ish for Zidane to get Dual-Wield then I used a few to polish of Guignir, and a few stat buff TMs.

I'm sitting on 4 right now so I'm grinding out a new TM Knife that has 82 attack and gives you Dual-Wield.

How soon will we get them and where would be get them? friend summon?

It'll be a few events before they get introduced probably. See above for where you usually get them. If they do a Trust Moogle promotion, it'll be when you summon with Lapis or Summon Tickets.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Events are usually a week or two long with two weeks being the most common. They're given out for clearing the highest difficulty. So you'll get something like 2 per month from the time limited events. They're also available from the Monthly PvP Rankings and sometimes from various bonuses like login or campaigns, etc. So a good month is like 3-4ish. Combine that with a bit of grinding and dupes, and you'll get be able to get TM rewards. I saved my first 8ish for Zidane to get Dual-Wield then I used a few to polish of Guignir, and a few stat buff TMs.

I'm sitting on 4 right now so I'm grinding out a new TM Knife that has 82 attack and gives you Dual-Wield.

Thank you.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Why the fuck does Lightning have to be so powerful? Couldn't a better character take her stats instead?

Like Quina

Europa down finally. I had to get smart and stop playing stupid. I can't believe it took me this long to realise why I couldn't beat him. I was using Thunderga (20 mp) instead of Thundera (9) and running out of MP too soon with Kefka. I kept getting him down to like 10-30% but had no mana to keep hitting him hard and he would eventually Wave Canon people to death. Felt good to finally beat him!

Used 4* Rashaka over my 5* Golbez. I'm thinking I'm going to replace Golbez. He just isn't meshing well with my team.

bonkeng

With the next Fortnight Banner being Zidane, I wonder if it's worth it to go all in now.

WoL is a much better unit, but Zidane's TM is a god send, specially to f2p players. Not to mention Zidane's much easier to get, being a 3* vs WoL 4*.

Well, good luck to everyone pulling on this banner. May the RNG God be with you all.

Celegus

Well there are those 9 tickets from the 300 lapis bundles coming up soon, so that should replenish some ticket stores for the next banner. After that though... the true Dark Souls begins now?

scarlet

That 2400+800 lapis is so tempting right now.

I could buy 22 tickets with my 10k lapis and use that 2400+800 for the summer bundle

Lyrian

Well there are those 9 tickets from the 300 lapis bundles coming up soon, so that should replenish some ticket stores for the next banner. After that though... the true Dark Souls begins now?

I'd think so. For most who are going to F2P, I'd figure that the forward ticket rate is probably similar to what is being offered now: 4 to 5 free pulls a month. It's going to be very tempting to blow all of one's lapis and tickets on illusory chances of pulling the 5* feature of every banner in the future. Once a F2P runs out of tickets and lapis, its going to get rough.

Vex_

Banned
I'm losing interest in this game... I guess I'll still play once in a while and do the quests for the 50 daily lapis, but I am probably going to drop this rather quickly (I guess Record Keeper burned me off mobile gaming).

I'm also losing interest sadly.

I nolifed this quite a bit but now there's literally nothing else to do, I could care less about farming shitty pieces of equipment.

Welcome to the club fellas.

I'm just too strong at this point to even bother with progression. There's no point for me. I can only run this on my PC which kinda takes the "mobile" out of this mobile game since I got hit with the black screen of death bug... So that makes it worse.

Thinking of selling my account since it has some pretty good rolls tbh... It is a solid game though, just kinda... Fell flat imho.

wilstreak

between this and Mobius, which one you guys more likely to keep playing on?

tbh, Mobius is not really interest me. Boring storyline and can only play as WoL

chrono01

between this and Mobius, which one you guys more likely to keep playing on?

tbh, Mobius is not really interest me. Boring storyline and can only play as WoL
I didn't even give Mobius a try, reading about it was enough for me. I'm sticking with Brave Exvius.

Malakhov

Banned
Just downloaded this game yesterday. I'm re-rolling but wondering if it's actually worth it? And if so, at what moment did you guys and gals re-rolled? First summon, or after the tutorial and used your 500 lapis and summon ticket?

And finally, what should I aim to keep?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom