• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuran

Banned
Just downloaded this game yesterday. I'm re-rolling but wondering if it's actually worth it? And if so, at what moment did you guys and gals re-rolled? First summon, or after the tutorial and used your 500 lapis and summon ticket?

And finally, what should I aim to keep?

Thanks

Rerolling is worth it because it's always nice having a great unit carrying your party.

You should be aiming for the best units at the moment. Chizuru, Warrior of Light, Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, Bartz, Firion and Exdeath are the recommended ones to go for since they get 6* ranks in the future (except for Vaan who doesn't have one in Japan right now but it's only a matter of time). You can easily build a party around those characters.

I've played for like 2 days and just reached rank 8 just now. It's more than enough to make me subscribe to this thread.

Now for the questions.. Should I always keep Rain and Lasswell in my party? They're kinda weak (2 stars), and grinding them to level 30 seems like a chore for me. Especially when I've already have a full 4-stars party right now. They're level 7 and I never use them since.

Malakhov

Banned
You should be aiming for the best units at the moment. Chizuru, Warrior of Light, Cloud of Darkness, Vaan, Bartz, Firion and Exdeath are the recommended ones to go for since they get 6* ranks in the future (except for Vaan who doesn't have one in Japan right now but it's only a matter of time). You can easily build a party around those characters.

But how many should I aim to get at the start of the game? And at exactly what time is it worth it to re-roll? Right now I'm re-rolling after the tutorial but spending the 500 rupis and the summon scroll.

Azuran

Banned
I've played for like 2 days and just reached rank 8 just now. It's more than enough to make me subscribe to this thread.

Now for the questions.. Should I always keep Rain and Lasswell in my party? They're kinda weak (2 stars), and grinding them to level 30 seems like a chore for me. Especially when I've already have a full 4-stars party right now. They're level 7 and I never use them since.

It depends on what characters you have. Rain and Lasswell are decent for being free units but they're easily replaceable if you manage to summon something better, which is becoming more common as better units are being added to the game constantly.

But how many should I aim to get at the start of the game? And at exactly what time is it worth it to re-roll? Right now I'm re-rolling after the tutorial but spending the 500 rupis and the summon scroll.

One should be enough considering they have relatively low pull rates, but if you get two of those in a row, then keep that account and never look back.

Rixa

Thanks Yogg.

Btw, Rixa you're crazy for going on with that grind still! I've got so much other stuff to do in the game I feel I can't have done the TM grind haha, always doing something. Guess I'll wait for the Trust Moogles.

Thanks, 29th day starting soon, roughly 20 to go til my last Shantotto is done (unless I pull more copies of Shants)

Just downloaded this game yesterday. I'm re-rolling but wondering if it's actually worth it? And if so, at what moment did you guys and gals re-rolled? First summon, or after the tutorial and used your 500 lapis and summon ticket?

And finally, what should I aim to keep?

Thanks

Rerolling is worth it because it's always nice having a great unit carrying your party.

Yeah definetly reroll and do it after first 500 Lapis or you can do story onwards to get few tix (I think you should have 5 tickets after you clear Grandsheld Catacombs Exit).

First pull (white crystal) is always a fixed pull and it has some generic 1* unit that is not good (and you can later on summon those with Friend Points).

Dreavus

between this and Mobius, which one you guys more likely to keep playing on?

tbh, Mobius is not really interest me. Boring storyline and can only play as WoL

Holy shit I just got what they were going for with his canon name and I've been playing that game a bunch. Wol, Warrior of Light.

Kill me.

leehom

Yolo pulls or wait for the rates to come out?

Looking good, first pull a Tellah, although that's the one out of the lot I didn't want because I already have Kefka on my SL account.

Will pull a few more times with both accounts and hope I get something decent.

SL - Tellah, (blue to gold crystal) Sabin, Luna, Clyne

GL - Vivi, Shadow, Lenna - YES!!@@!!!

I think I'm done pulling. Would love WoL, but chances are super slim with my luck. Stoked I got Lenna for my GL account to pair with Chiz, Leo, Firion and Kefka.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
For some reason i thought Cactuar wasnt starting until tomorrow....nice.

Edit:

3 Pulls

Luna, Penelo, Krilie

lol
It's here.

I'm scared :(

Hopefully huge boost > major boost

Edit: 1st pull Lenna.

Damn - congrats !!!

Kettch

Did 3 pulls. Maria, Clyne and Tellah. Pretty much a complete waste considering that I have Exdeath and Kefka. I wanted Lenna, but I don't think I can justify using more with Zidane coming up.

UrSuLeTzU

And my first draw from the new banner is Lenna, lol. You have served me well Roselia it's time you took a vacation :D

Edit: second draw Tellah, lol.

Edit 2: and my final ticket was Lenna again, done for now...

Azuran

Banned
Two of my five pulls:

R62Pg7L.jpg

is0yCL3.jpg

HOLD ME GAF

Nohar

So, let's try my luck...

3* Russel.
3* Exdeath
3* Galuf
3* Clyne
5* Cloud of Darkness
3* Vivi
3* Clyne
3* Vivi
3* Edgar
3* Tellah
3* Rydia
3* Tellah
3* Lenna

No Warrior of Light. Screw this game.

WHAT IS GOING ON?! How in the sevel hells did I pull 2 top tier units off banner?!

Granted, the rest is bad, and I have only 4 tickets left. Oh well.

CCIE

Banned
4* Tellah, and 4* Bartz... I might quit now. I really want WoL, but I've drawn five orange crystals in six pulls, and he still hasn't shown up

Maledict

So, did 21 pulls as I needed a tank, healer and Mage. This thing definitely seems to be really streaky with what it gives you.

4star units

Bedile - 3 times
Penelo
Kain
Shantoto
Tellah

3 star

Vivi
Sabin - 2 times
Fran - 2 times
Edgar
Cyan
Anzelm
Tellah - 2 times
Roselia
Lena - 2 times

Unless I'm missing something, none of those are worth anything other than the Tellah and Lena I was going for to replace Fina and Russell in my existing party, and they need significant grinding up to match my other units. Bit disappointing really, especially the the three Bediles at 4 star which seems ridiculous (and matches my similar experience with Vivi on my starter account).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Used all my pulls. Multiple Cyan. Multiple Fran. Did get Lenna and Tellah but no WOL

CCIE

Banned
Congrats Azuran! I guess I might try a few more pulls in the hopes of WoL. Regardless I have two new units, one of which will be a 6* in the future

wilstreak

Got a 4 star and it is Shadow

But i got 3 star Terra and Bartz though

also Penelo, Maria, Shantoto.

Amazing how i didn't even got single unit from rate up.

Edit : and 4 star Hayate, and 4 Star Penelo (like i really hate yellow crystal).
also got Lenna which seems to be better tha Fina. Good bye Fina.

Rixa

So, did 21 pulls as I needed a tank, healer and Mage. This thing definitely seems to be really streaky with what it gives you.

4star units

Shantoto

3 star

Roselia

Unless I'm missing something, none of those are worth anything other than the Tellah and Lena I was going for to replace Fina and Russell in my existing party, and they need significant grinding up to match my other units. Bit disappointing really, especially the the three Bediles at 4 star which seems ridiculous (and matches my similar experience with Vivi on my starter account).

Shantotto has good TM and Roselia is great healer too.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
F- YEAH - did 3 more pulls.

Warrior of Light, Fran (lol), Lenna

Finally some luck in :-D

Maledict

Shantotto has good TM and Roselia is great healer too.

TBH I don't see how I will ever activate the trust mastery for a unit. That seems a co olé tell insane, unfun grind. Re Roselia yes it's annoying to get her at the same time as Lenna, but I think I prefer Lenna over her?

scarlet

Congrats

Pulled 17 times. Only one 4 star and that's fran.

Got 2nd exdeath, which make my 2 tellah useless.

Have 4 lenna.

And that's it. I'm done.

No Cecil, No Vaan, let alone WoL

CCIE

Banned
I'll try again in awhile. It seems to work in spurts. So I will wait until I pull a decent unit with the first one, then pull a few in a row

bonkeng

6 pulls:

1. Penelo (fuck you)

2. Gold..... Shadow (got my hopes up, then down in 1 second)

3. Celes (meh)

4. Bartz (Great)

5. Tellah (Good i guess)

6. Galuf (good)

Wanted Bartz so bad because he helps in LB farming Cecil tremendously, specially with Galuf and Fina.

I'm quite satisfied.

Congrats Azuran and Sasuke :)

Azuran

Banned
Congrats Azuran! I guess I might try a few more pulls in the hopes of WoL. Regardless I have two new units, one of which will be a 6* in the future

Thanks guys. Funnily is that I absolutely wanted Lenna the most because she's one of my favorite characters in the series but I'm certainly not going to complain about it after all of that.

scarlet

Thanks guys. Funnily is that I absolutely wanted Lenna the most because she's one of my favorite characters in the series but I'm certainly not going to complain about it after all of that.

I have 4. Will trade 3 with your WoL T.T

My current team

2 exd
Chizu
Celes
Lenna

BPBiorr

I have no luck in these games 35 pulls and no WoL
I did manage to get some top tiers though: Vaan, Bartz and a Cecil.

If rates are this bad for a base 4* I'm not even going to try on the future base 5* units.

CCIE

Banned
Did one more YOLO pull and got VAAN! No WoL, but I'm good with Vaan instead. So Vaan and Bartz will be my priority to raise. Guess I'm all in for Cecil at a later time

Rixa

There is your Cecil wannabe ;). Now wait for Cecil banner.
Grats :) I had enough cactuars to get my Lenna to 5* but now Iam out of them. Time to wait next FP event.

Just for the kick, what the hell, lets summon those rest 3 tix.
3rd: 2nd Lenna :D
4th: Shadow (is this the sign).
5th. No WoL but wtf :D
This game keeps delivering top tier units to me. Lenna is actually my first Dupe of top tier units...

mikemandey

Yeah more like Bartz-rate up and 4 star Shadow and penelo. LOL

done with summoning?

i might pull a little tomorrow and hope for Vaan if WoL is too impossible.

Yeah, it seems the rate for Bartz is quite decent..

Got a 4 star and it is Shadow

But i got 3 star Terra and Bartz though

also Penelo, Maria, Shantoto.

Amazing how i didn't even got single unit from rate up.

11 Pulls:

1x Bartz
2x Terra
2x Tellah
1x Lenna

The others are trash

6 pulls:

1. Penelo (fuck you)

2. Gold..... Shadow (got my hopes up, then down in 1 second)

3. Celes (meh)

4. Bartz (Great)

5. Tellah (Good i guess)

6. Galuf (good)

Wanted Bartz so bad because he helps in LB farming Cecil tremendously, specially with Galuf and Fina.

I'm quite satisfied.

Congrats Azuran and Sasuke :)

Oh well, no WoL, but I pulled two Bartz, Tellah, and Firion. Not a total waste

I have no luck in these games 35 pulls and no WoL
I did manage to get some top tiers though: Vaan, Bartz and a Cecil.

If rates are this bad for a base 4* I'm not even going to try on the future base 5* units.

People who got Bartz.. On this page alone

Xion86

Congratulations to those who got lucky!
I'm stressed between the two events now haha, lots to do!

But first...time to use 5 tickets, here we go (my luck has been really bad in the past as some may know, so not expecting much).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom