• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know what's more surprising?

The number of times Edgar showed up, compared to a HUGE BOOSTED Tellah.

Btw, you already got WoL. What made you pull for more?

Ill gladly take one of your Edgars :(

Crazy how one of the coolest characters ever made is stuck as a 4 star unit

Figaro Bros need some LOVE

Maledict

As someone who doesn't have a huge amount of knowledge about FF games (Beyond 7, 10 and 13), it does seem odd that some of the coolest looking units in the game are so bad. Particularly the ninja's and gun wielding heroes.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You're probably right. And my party isn't bad. I just cleared INT S-4 this morning.

Researching a bit, you shouldn't need a tank till after the next trail boss. So probably around a month or two worth of time. For example, I did manage to pull a Cecil today, but I also could have used any of the three new characters and I had my free tickets sitting around. You're in the same position I am where any one of the three will do you well. Basically any 5* character will be a solid improvement too. So it's definitely worth pulling since you have about a 30% shot at getting a character from the boost and an even greater one for a useful character.

But you're also clearly not at a progression stop yet. If you're at S-Int. You can clear Europa, Demon Chimera, and anything else out currently, and should be fine for quite a while.

What's going to kill people later on is getting accustom to two factors.
1. The amount of Lapis and pulls we got now is an artificial increase to get you addicted. Pulling in this game is not cheap at all. 25$ for 11 and that is only a shot. So while we have people who have pulled 20-30 times in the past month. They'll have to get use to working for 5 pulls a month, or better to say, they'll have to make sure their lapis goes further. Training yourself now to wait for dailies, sales, etc will get you ready for the crunch. No different than waiting for the old dailies on Steam. The rewards for patience could end up being 2x as many pulls in the long run if they follow the Japanese route.

2. From what I read, the curve in this game is built around the top units giving a much easier time, but stuff is consider fair with the decent mid tier units too. Again, when the progression hits, you'll be in better shape than other F2P players.

It's no different than MMOs.

The good/bad news is, since the game is always changing too, you never know what is going to be up and what is going to be down. Lightning dropped from a 98 to 95 in the ratings on the JPN side. She is no longer the golden character it seems. While there seems to be no change to Chiz, Barts, CoD, ExDeath. Basically, it pays to have patience. When I was rerolling, the units I was told to aim for were CoD, ExDeath, Chiz, etc. I got tired of it since I never got any of them after 15-20 tries. Said fuck it and just stuck with my first account. Got Bartz after using my tickets on that one. Got Kefka after they gave out some more. Manage to luck out with Cecil and Art today with some more. I still have yet to actually get one of the characters I want, but I've manage to get some luck over time and get characters I need.

Xion86

Know what's more surprising?

The number of times Edgar showed up, compared to a HUGE BOOSTED Tellah.

Btw, you already got WoL. What made you pull for more?

I wish!! I don't have Chiz, WoL, or Vaan, wanted one of those 3 for one really good support/tank/heavy hitter. (I don't have CoD, Bartz, Artemios, Leo or Cecil either, tried quite a lot of times on the Chiz banner).

The main reason i paid is because i have enjoyed the game so much at launch, i play it everyday and something i am invested in for the long run. I usually don't so it is quite surprising! Hardly ever buy DLCs either.

SmugFox

I got Leena out of my seven pulls. Nice to get the best healer in the game, just wish I had a tank... I'll take any tank at this point!

Jacobbles

Did six pills. 2 Sabins, 1 Cyan, 1 Cloud of Darkness (finally!), 1 Celes, 1 Anzelm

Pleased I finally got CoD and Celes, but man. None of the new banner characters is a bummer. Tempted to buy more lapis but I really shouldn't...

Edit: btw, what do you find is the most effective way to farm the Dunes? Should I just do the 15 energy one over and over or nah?

Pulled 9 times, got 2 Tellah, Fran, Luna 4*, Shadow, CoD, Bartz Exdeath. No warrior of light but holy shit at the rest of em lol. I never pulled exdeath on my many reroll to start at GL so I'll consider that a major win

Xion86

Did six pills. 2 Sabins, 1 Cyan, 1 Cloud of Darkness (finally!), 1 Celes, 1 Anzelm

Pleased I finally got CoD and Celes, but man. None of the new banner characters is a bummer. Tempted to buy more lapis but I really shouldn't...

Edit: btw, what do you find is the most effective way to farm the Dunes? Should I just do the 15 energy one over and over or nah?

Yeah i would do the 15 energy one, best XP for me so far.
I am hoping to level up my new units i got today, change my team around then get back to Demon Heart farming on Monday.

WarAdept

Some advice please in regards to pulling.

So I've been playing since the soft launch. All the story content has been doable so far and I haven't pulled once ever since hearing right at the beginning of the game that Lightning/Luneth are the prized characters of the game. So I've been saving up my Lapis and Tickets for them. 21600 Lapis and 22 Tickets to be exact.

Right now, the story and events continue to be trivial. I've actually just made it to the Snow Dragon in the Intermediate Colosseum with just the story/freebie characters. But it's a definete roadblock. I probably could beat him with some crazy RNG luck (I get him to around 50%, then a Blizzara just screws me over).

I've been reading lately that a tank and support (Full Break) is essential for clearing upcoming events that were present in the Japanese version. In addition, people seem to be going crazy over Zidane's TM and how it's the best thing in the world.

Is it in my best interest to try and pull for WoL (alleviating my "need" for a tank/support) and Zidane? Ignore the siren calls of Lightning/Luneth?

Iceman829

Luna's trust reward is awesome just imagine 280 atk laswell with barrage

Bad unit, great trust master.

You should check this

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Thanks.

I would check the site, but most stuff is blocked at work, but I think I've used that in the past.

I think the only reason I stopped playing originally was I got caught up in all the pokemon go hype. I was bored last week and picked this up again. I forgot how fun it was to play.

I think I'm just going to focus on this Cactuar Dunes event this weekend to get some much needed experience for my units.

Pejo

Pretty disappointing so far, I still have 17 pulls to go.

The worst part is, the gold 4* crystals I'm getting are particularly disappointing. Rydia, Shadow, Sabin, 2 Galuf, and 2 Cyan. I mean when you see that gold, you at least hope for something halfway decent.

Got a Tella, who is now my best mage, a few Lennas, including a 4*, and a Firion finally, so it's not a total wash, but I'm still going to keep fighting the good fight for WoL.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Some advice please in regards to pulling.

So I've been playing since the soft launch. All the story content has been doable so far and I haven't pulled once ever since hearing right at the beginning of the game that Lightning/Luneth are the prized characters of the game. So I've been saving up my Lapis and Tickets for them. 21600 Lapis and 22 Tickets to be exact.

Right now, the story and events continue to be trivial. I've actually just made it to the Snow Dragon in the Intermediate Colosseum with just the story/freebie characters. But it's a definete roadblock. I probably could beat him with some crazy RNG luck (I get him to around 50%, then a Blizzara just screws me over).

I've been reading lately that a tank and support (Full Break) is essential for clearing upcoming events that were present in the Japanese version. In addition, people seem to be going crazy over Zidane's TM and how it's the best thing in the world.

Is it in my best interest to try and pull for WoL (alleviating my "need" for a tank/support) and Zidane? Ignore the siren calls of Lightning/Luneth?

I'm not sure who Luneth is, but looking at Atma. Even with the boost, you have a one % chance of pulling Lightning.

If you're aiming for WoL, reddit is reporting a 2% chance.

So it's really up to you. If you want to wait for lightning, you're bound to get plenty of characters with that amount of lapis that will also fill in the holes, where I'm sure you'll get a cecil or another tank. Rain also turns into a strong support at 6*

Kouriozan

Luneth is the main character of Final Fantasy 3 since its DS remake (it was Onion Knight in the NES game). He got innate dual wield and is base 5* just like Lightning.

broz0rs

Pulled four times, here's my results

Kefka (5*)
Tellah
Rydia
Lenna

I'm someone that puts the game on auto-battle so I don't think having these strong mages really helps me lol

Nohar

I have so many Rydias... Well, once she gets her 5* I guess I'll be able to make a team with Celes and 4 Rydias. First turn buff/debuff (Focus), second turn and beyond METEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.

bonkeng

I wish!! I don't have Chiz, WoL, or Vaan, wanted one of those 3 for one really good support/tank/heavy hitter. (I don't have CoD, Bartz, Artemios, Leo or Cecil either, tried quite a lot of times on the Chiz banner).

The main reason i paid is because i have enjoyed the game so much at launch, i play it everyday and something i am invested in for the long run. I usually don't so it is quite surprising! Hardly ever buy DLCs either.

Oh my bad.

1 barrage user would be great for you.

Anyway, those 5* base will be waiting for you. RNG can only troll you for so much, it will give up sooner or later :D

Pulled like 14 times... got mostly junk but got 2 Tellah's and 1 Lenna! The consensus is that Lenna is a better white mage than Fina, correct? If so then I'll just be missing a tank and replacements for Rain/Lass. Current party is Rain/Lass/Exdeath/Fina/Sabin (RIP 4*)

LuuKyK

Pulled 3 consecutive Lennas lol

Dont think I will keep wasting tickets tbh. Dont really care about WoL and that other mage seems pretty mediocre.

Yogg

This is insane. I did 5 more pulls:
Duane
Luna (third one, yay TM!)
Bartz (didn't have one)
Cecil (didn't have one)
WoL (omgomgomg)

I'm so happy right now!

edit: for reference I had 4 pulls before with Lenna, Tellahx2, and Shadow. Reaaally happy with how today went!

Takuan

Maybe I shouldn't have sold those Lunas. Oh well!

Gravy train is definitely slowing. I had just under 3000 lapis, 8 free tickets. All gone now. I haven't been doing dailies so I guess I need it get back in form. 1050 a month isn't insignificant.

It's funny how I actually rather like Rakshasa, but still wish either
a) her -ga spellblades hit multiple targets
b) she had more spellblade types. Why only stone, aero and water?
c) both?

I know she's not super upper tier whatever, but she's been a saving grace for my party a few times or flat out destroyed things with a spell blade that was the right element. I just want her to have a bit more variety.

Hopes blindly that she can eventually get a 6*

Seeing all these great pulls really makes me want to spend some lapis, but not sure if it's worth it since I'm really happy with my team right now. I have Cecil, so my future tank needs should be covered. Would be nice to replace Fina with Lenna though. Thanks to those who have posted their not so lucky pulls. Makes it a little easier to hold off spending a bunch of lapis.

It's funny how I actually rather like Rakshasa, but still wish either
a) her -ga spellblades hit multiple targets
b) she had more spellblade types. Why only sonte, aero and water?
c) both?

I know she's not super upper tier whatever, but she's been a saving grace for my party a few times or flat out destroyed things with a spell blade that was the right element. I just want her to have a bit more variety.

Hopes blindly that she can eventually get a 6*
She's been on my team for both White Dragon and Europa. Has proved much more valuable than Golbez, and that's with her at 4* level 55.

Valus

Did 7 pulls, got Lenna and Vaan. I really wanted a tank and Mage, but...I'll take what I can get.

Will swap out Celes for Vaan and Krile for Lenna. That leaves my Edgar who is weak as hell...maybe I should swap him out for Kain? Need a full physical group for Lenna...

Jeffrey

24 pulls to get WOL and 2 lennas and tellah. Still have a 8000 lapis. haven't spend stuff yet.

Now just need content thats decently hard lol.

Yogg

Wow Yogg! Nice one! Bet You're really happy :D so lucky!

Haha that Friday test letter by the way...random.

Yeah, I'm exstatic!

And yeah, some intern is gonna have a bad time after that test mail message. It seems like everybody got it.

CCIE

Banned
Really wanted WoL, but I shouldn't pull anymore after picking up Bartz (x2), Firion, Tellah, and Vaan. Really a good haul. Sitting on 9K lapis, because the grind is going to definitely get harder from here out.

Still need a tank, but I'll use Vaan as a pseudo-tank for now. I'm sure a tank will come my way naturally down the line, right?

Chilly - congrats on ExDeath!

robotuw

Did 6 pulls

3* Tellah
3* Exdeath (yes!)
4*....Russell
3* Tellah
3* Lenna
3* Anzelm

I'm pretty darn happy. The new crew's going to be:

Chizuru
Leo
Lenna
Tellah
Exdeath

Not bad for no money spent and no re-rolls.

Slaythe

Ok so, I got mad and wasted 17 tickets.

Got 4 Luna 4 stars in a row. I think this is actual trolling.

Several Tellah.

BUT...

I got Chizuru and Vaan out of this madness. So I'm... ok...

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

EXDEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is insane. I did 5 more pulls:
Duane
Luna (third one, yay TM!)
Bartz (didn't have one)
Cecil (didn't have one)
WoL (omgomgomg)

I'm so happy right now!

edit: for reference I had 4 pulls before with Lenna, Tellahx2, and Shadow. Reaaally happy with how today went!

Dx0hhTn.gif

What are the dates for that summer bundle? Ran out of tickets and sitting on 4k Lapis.

Also, is Luna only good for her TM? She poppes out of a gold crystal @_@

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I spent my two tickets and got two *3 Penelos, pulled twice with Lapis got a Duane (who the heck is Duane?) and a 3* Lenna! Might just replace my Fina once I bring her up a few stars.

Valentus

So next rate up is zidane and friends? Luckylly none of zidane fríends tm are useful So i should rest in my summon madness.

As for zidane , i can bet lapi with anyone that zidane rate up will be only 4star only. Gumi isnt So idiots to flood the server with dual weilds So early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom