• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilly I didn't get WoL ... but I pulled 2 Bartz, Krile, Tellah, Firion, and Vaan with 11 pulls (all four star funny enough). I stopped with Vaan on the last pull, even though I wanted to keep going. Seriously, with as many gold crystals as I had and no WoL, it wasn't going to happen today. I'm going to make do, and hope for some good units down the road - still have 9K lapis

I can crush most available content with Chiz, Bartz, Tellah, Vaan, and Kefka for now, but the lack of a tank is concerning. I'm going to lose badly at PvP when it comes out.

Eventually I will be extremely DPS heavy when six stars hit because of Chiz, 2 Bartz, Garland, and Firion in reserve... and I have to get a tank eventually. Also, will spend a few pulls on FFIX banner in a few weeks just because its FFIX.

My team will be in flux until I find the right mix, and I should still be able to get new units down the road so the game stays fresh. I'll be running cactuars and leveling units for quite awhile, though I seriously have too many awakening materials still.

Well I am weak, and bought the $49 package to get 11 more tries. Got 3 gold crystals, which ended up being Krile, Penelo, and Shadow -_-

1 ticket remaining, already in "pissed off for spending money" mode based on my pulls, hit the button, blue crystal ---- Fuck!

Turns out it's a 3* Vaan. Not WoL but he has full break, so I'm golden.

Was it worth the money in the end? Nope. Doesn't matter though, now I don't "need" any particular unit and I can just go for the ones I'd like. And I'm pretty sure I have time to build up lapis before the Secret of Mana crossover (if we even get it).

Man do I have some shit to level up and ascend now though.

Vaan is GOAT though, great pulls!!

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, been reading up on the six stars, and Firion will basically have a passive for everything in the game. Chizuru gets even MORE boosted attack at 6* level - as if she didn't have enough already. Bartz gets a major boost to his lackluster stats and some sweet AoE, and Garland could double as a tank with all that HP he ends up with - so I'm decently set up for a bit... Still will pull for the units I want though in the future, including a 6* tank unit of some sort

And Vaan is an amazing unit for now, even though not future-proof... yet. Happy for you that you finally pulled ExDeath. He's OP before six-star status. He'll be REALLY OP then - holy crap on what he gets. Best unit in the game that isn't a base 5*

Yeah, been reading up on the six stars, and Firion will basically have a passive for everything in the game. Chizuru gets even MORE boosted attack at 6* level - as if she didn't have enough already. Bartz gets a major boost to his lackluster stats and some sweet AoE, and Garland could double as a tank with all that HP he ends up with - so I'm decently set up for a bit... Still will pull for the units I want though in the future, including a 6* tank unit of some sort

And Vaan is an amazing unit for now, even though not future-proof... yet. Happy for you that you finally pulled ExDeath. He's OP before six-star status. He'll be REALLY OP then - holy crap on what he gets. Best unit in the game that isn't a base 5*

Yeah Firion is a freak and hella strong; anyone know where we can view 6* info, like for Ex-Death ?

Valentus

Looking to the units of the new batch (FF9) we got that...

Salamander: 3star - 5star
TM: HP+30%
Notable skills: Chakra - Imperil - Raise - Throw - Gravity Fist

Garnet: 4star - 5star
TM: +20% all resistances
Notable Skills: Curaga - Curaja - Raise

Freya: 3star - 5star
TM: Accesory (Auto Regen, +20%MP +50%Dark Resist)
Notable Skills: ?????? Jump????

Lani: 3star - 4star (LOL)
TM: Equip Axe
Notable Skills: Be better than Fran and Anzelm

So.... Not worth lapi in my opinion... The 4star unit of the batch is Dagger, and if you have lenna now, there is absolutely no need to spend 20-30 tickets to get her... So if you are saving now for the next batch... it might be a good idea to bet on Warrior of Light now, because the FF9 batch might not be as exciting.... Unless zidane gets rates up, but i personally dont think 3star zidane will get rate up. 4 or 5 star zidane could get a buff in rates up, because flooding the server with dual weild could be very broken.

Maledict

Are people actually achieving trust mastery with their units? The grind for that seems insanely long compared to everything else in the game. Or is it using the auto running stuff on a PC?

CCIE

Banned
Definitely bringing Raise into the PvP arena, since CoD gets +75% versus Human units as a 6*. Need to be able to one-shot her before she tears your team to shreds. She's undead if I remember correctly.

Valus

Definitely bringing Raise into the PvP arena, since CoD gets +75% versus Human units as a 6*. Need to be able to one-shot her before she tears your team to shreds. She's undead if I remember correctly.

Cure spells don't heal her??

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I got 2 rainbow pulls since I started playing, one was a straight pull (I think, got me Golbez) and the other was a blue turn yellow turn rainbow that got me a Cecil.

This was when I used all of my (12-ish?) tickets last banner.

Valentus

If pvp in global will get the same rules of JP (damage capped to 999 max per attack) its impossible to obliterate with only 1 character.

But if you have 2 mages with dual cast...

Grezak

Whay, first post for a 3 year lurker of the forums!

After whaling out around 40 pulls, teams is looking set for the future. Before the banner I had Leo, Bartz, Fina, Kefka and Vaan as my main team and a lot of TM fodder (mainly Zidane and Miyuki).
I just wanted a good tank to replace Leo eventually (hi there WoL) and Lenna to replace Fina as a main healer. Otherwise the team was set for the future.

After the first 20 or so pulls I already wanted to give up (thankfully got Lenna and fodder Tellah atleast this time, if that wouldn't have happened I'd just given up). Russells and Bediles galore <.<

Went into whatever mode and bought another pack. First pull Kuja. Decent atleast. Ooh a 4 star...Chizuru! Maybe my luck is turning around! Meh, another 3 star... CoD o_O
Started pulling more and on the final ticket I got 3 star Garland.
Had mixed feelings at that point. I just wanted a damn tank, not all these DPSes... Of course I was also glad that I had a lot of future proof units in the bank.

Decided to go for 1 more pack... Tellah, Tellah, Shantotto. Yeah, clearly a bad idea.
5th pull, yet another 3 star incoming.. CECIL!
Finally I can stop wasting money on idiotic stuff!
Until Goddess Lightning-sama comes out....

Moral of the story, don't waste your money if you want to save your sanity.

Oh and cheers for the community around GAF!
This site has saved boring days at work/school countless times, and as per GAF tradition, I nowadays spend more time reading GAF than actually playing games <.<

CCIE

Banned
DrRob - that is awesome! I'm tempted to pull some more, but I'm going to hold strong for now. Cecil will get a rate-up down the road.

DrRob - that is awesome! I'm tempted to pull some more, but I'm going to hold strong for now. Cecil will get a rate-up down the road.

Thanks!

Pretty sure Cecil will fill the role just fine and has a great 6 star upgrade like WOL does so i can rest easy and save my tickets for my next favorite character

Grezak

Does it feel like the cactuar drop rate got nerfed this event? I'm not getting quite as many this time it feels like :(

RNG is RNG is RNG. Haven't really noticed a difference since beta events. Just hope for the best :)

Atleast it's always better than solo exp vortex ;)

Heng

Looking at everyone's result, I decided to do 1 pull and got Lenna! I was stoked so I leveled/awakened her and decided to test my luck again. A gold crystal!

It's 4 star Lenna...
-___________-

RNG pls...

Welcome to the thread Grezak. Post your friend ID so we can add you.

Also, I've played a little bit of Mobius, which is not bad, and there's this thing where you get Magicite (currency) over a days time up to 100 and you get a notifcation on your phone when it's full. I really wish Exvius had something like this. I'd love if I could have the option to get a notification when my energy if full or something is done crafting. Has there been an update to the JP version for something like this? Seems like a no brainer.

Yogg

Does it feel like the cactuar drop rate got nerfed this event? I'm not getting quite as many this time it feels like :(

Just got a triple big cactuar run. It's anecdotal in both cases, so I'll go with the usual answer: nothing was nerfed.

there's this thing where you get Magicite (currency) over a days time up to 100 and you get a notifcation on your phone when it's full.

But that can't go over 2000 and job summons are 3000. It also disappears after 14 days if not used. It feels terrible to me.

Just got a triple big cactuar run. It's anecdotal in both cases, so I'll go with the usual answer: nothing was nerfed.

But that can't go over 2000 and job summons are 3000. It also disappears after 14 days if not used. It feels terrible to me.

They actually changed that today. The magicite you get through that is now permanent. I think it works out that you will be able to buy the Mobius box for free every month now.

They totally nerfed it during the last event lol

After the first day the 15 NRG run categorically dropped less Giga-Cactuars lol

Been lurking around and seeing you struggle with this, but now I can congratulate you! Grats on getting Exdeath!

Which unit will be your next bane though?

My suffering was well known! Welcome to GAF :)

Haha, that's awesome. Congrats! It was a long-time coming, I hope you enjoy him. :)

He was a 5* so I didn't do much leveling lol His maxed now so I'm stoked! Working at maxing Lenna atm.

Given that I have Cecil, for the moment my eyes are only towards WoL and Chizuru perhaps?

Wouldn't mind a Vaan for full break?

I've been fortunate with pulls and Ex-Death is the perfect partner for Kefka...EXCITE

So glad I rerolled when I had the chance or I'd be so mad with this game. F2P and still going strong, got 7K lapiz and 12 tix still.but I really want a new event. Shits boring atm

So glad I rerolled when I had the chance or I'd be so mad with this game. F2P and still going strong, got 7K lapiz and 12 tix still.but I really want a new event. Shits boring atm

Yeah demons unleashed is lame lol

Happy to have catuar dunes to help me max my characters and move forward in the game though

Lyrian

Took 3 pulls so far.

Tellah x2
Rydia

Yay banner unit, and double yay for my original childhood waifu pull.

I'm probably out of this banner once I pull Lenna, but I'll take it nice in slow in pulling over the next two weeks.

Matticers

Just did 14 pulls for this banner and got absolutely nothing. I had three 4* crystals and they turned into Edgar and two Russell's. The rest were three stars consisting of Fran, Penelo, Cyan, Galuf and whatever other nonsense. It's not like my team is loaded with amazing characters either. It can certainly use more help. I was expecting to pull at least one of those new characters with all of those attempts.

Yeah, I get that the point of the game is that it's random or whatever but I'm 0 for my last 20 or so pulls on trying to get a solid character. But it's enough to make me feel like my time saving up lapis/tickets is pointless and that I should stop playing. My good characters are maxed out, the story is done until they update again. A good character or two would have given me something to work on for a bit. Oh well.

Grezak

Speaking of boring, you can always try TM farming.

And if something is boring, it's that. Thank god for Nox, only sensible way to farm TM's atm.

BZQiN1Q.png

Still so far away from DW :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Man those last pages...RNG is nuts in this game - but it seems if you are at least willing to drop like 5 tickets you will get at least one of the featured units. Last Gacha i tried for Artemois...ended up using 4 tickets not getting a single of the featured ones...must have had bad luck, because on the Kefka/Chiz Gacha it was also possible to get at least one of the featured units in under 5 pulls.

But overall the pulls seem to be solid this time....seeing way more WoL than Chiz on day 1.

Average seems to be a slight bit less than 1 out of 3 for a feature unit.

What seems to be up the most is the quality of the non-banner units.

Grezak

Damn those are some pretty damn good TMs.

Should be 2 decent melee units covered with those, first the blades were going for Bartz but todays pulls changed that. Gung+Doublehand still going to Vaan or 3rd melee dps instead of Kefka depending on boss/trial.

If we get a Zidane boost I might try for another DW since we can't stack buffs. I've no idea what to farm after these. Chiz+Cecil+2-3 Zidanes might be ideal (IF we get a decent rateup for Zidane, no chance otherwise).

Ah well, atleast I can farm TM during workdays <.<

Got Lenna, Tellah, and Locke (!). I really want to chase WoL, but I guess I'm rocking an all-mage/thief party: they can join Zidane, Cecil, Terra, Krile, and Kefka...

Or do I just make a party and AoE the crap out of everything after mugging for items?

NomarTyme

Should be 2 decent melee units covered with those, first the blades were going for Bartz but todays pulls changed that. Gung+Doublehand still going to Vaan or 3rd melee dps instead of Kefka depending on boss/trial.

If we get a Zidane boost I might try for another DW since we can't stack buffs. I've no idea what to farm after these. Chiz+Cecil+2-3 Zidanes might be ideal (IF we get a decent rateup for Zidane, no chance otherwise).

Ah well, atleast I can farm TM during workdays <.<

Yeah hoping the Zidane boost is 3 stars above and not 4 stars.... I think it most likely going to be 4 stars. The only Zidane I got so far was a straight up 5 star.

Grezak

Yeah hoping the Zidane boost is 3 stars above and not 4 stars.... I think it most likely going to be 4 stars. The only Zidane I got so far was a straight up 5 star.

One can always hope that we can get 3 star rate boost since we can't stack skills like JPN.

So far my only 5 star was also Zidane. Atleast it wasn't Gilbert <.<

Kinda shame that DW is so required on later content. Forces you to farm DW items/Characters. Ah well, shouldn't be a worry for global for a 4-6 months though.

chrono01

He was a 5* so I didn't do much leveling lol His maxed now so I'm stoked! Working at maxing Lenna atm.

Given that I have Cecil, for the moment my eyes are only towards WoL and Chizuru perhaps?

Wouldn't mind a Vaan for full break?

I've been fortunate with pulls and Ex-Death is the perfect partner for Kefka...EXCITE
I'm genuinely happy for you. You've been wanting Exdeath for a while now, so it's nice to see you finally get him (and at a base 5* form nonetheless, I had to level mine from 3* :/).

But yes, Exdeath and Kefka work well together. Have fun!

Also, I missed this...

This is insane. I did 5 more pulls:
Duane
Luna (third one, yay TM!)
Bartz (didn't have one)
Cecil (didn't have one)
WoL (omgomgomg)

I'm so happy right now!

edit: for reference I had 4 pulls before with Lenna, Tellahx2, and Shadow. Reaaally happy with how today went!
O_O!

Congrats, Yogg. That's some insane pulls!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
One can always hope that we can get 3 star rate boost since we can't stack skills like JPN.

So far my only 5 star was also Zidane. Atleast it wasn't Gilbert <.<

Kinda shame that DW is so required on later content. Forces you to farm DW items/Characters. Ah well, shouldn't be a worry for global for a 4-6 months though.

I don't see why they wouldn't boost the 3* either. I feel like there are more benefits towards for Gumi to do so.

Once people have it, they'll grind. They can also start to sell Trust moogles for a pretty penny. People will be less likely to leave then if they have something long term like that.

Grezak

I don't see why they wouldn't boost the 3* either. I feel like there are more benefits towards for Gumi to do so.

Once people have it, they'll grind. They can also start to sell Trust moogles for a pretty penny. People will be less likely to leave then if they have something long term like that.

Quite true. That would indeed tie people to the game for a while.
But seeing how shameful the bundles have been for this banner, I wouldn't put anything past Gumi <.<

Lyrian

Thank you!

My friend ID is 348,992,659
Kicked a few passive friends so I have open slots again for GAF!

Welcome to being a non-lurker to GAF (from a previous long-term lurker myself)!

Cleared some spots and sent an invite. Grats on making rank 44 already.

NomarTyme

I see what you guy mean. I really hope it's 3 people with Zidane boost up.

824-856-420 if anybody is interested in max out Kefka. Can't really add anybody myself due to bug in the game.

Grezak

Welcome to being a non-lurker to GAF (from a previous long-term lurker myself)!

Cleared some spots and sent an invite. Grats on making rank 44 already.

Thank you! Fellow lurkers unite ;) Also accepted the invites from you and Academic!

About the rank, TM farming seriously hinders any rank gain so I've gained something like 1 or 2 ranks in 2,5 weeks.
Atleast while farming for Hero Rings you get decent rank exp along with the mats.

Xion86

Went into whatever mode and bought another pack. First pull Kuja. Decent atleast. Ooh a 4 star...Chizuru! Maybe my luck is turning around! Meh, another 3 star... CoD o_O
Started pulling more and on the final ticket I got 3 star Garland.
Had mixed feelings at that point. I just wanted a damn tank, not all these DPSes... Of course I was also glad that I had a lot of future proof units in the bank.

Decided to go for 1 more pack... Tellah, Tellah, Shantotto. Yeah, clearly a bad idea.
5th pull, yet another 3 star incoming.. CECIL!
Finally I can stop wasting money on idiotic stuff!
Until Goddess Lightning-sama comes out....

Moral of the story, don't waste your money if you want to save your sanity.

Oh and cheers for the community around GAF!
This site has saved boring days at work/school countless times, and as per GAF tradition, I nowadays spend more time reading GAF than actually playing games <.<

You Sir are stupidly lucky...very jealous! Welcome though :) glad you are enjoying the game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom