• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
My turn to get dumped on. 17 tickets and no WoL, no Chizu, no Leo, no Bartz, etc. The game really doesn't want me to get a good physical attacker to replace Rain.... Got trolled with a gold crystal that was Shadow....and another that was Rydia... trolololol ;_; At least I did get my Lenna which was why I gambled in the first place, knew I wanted her as a consolation prize so now I can level her to replace Fina.

Working on the Dunes now. Used the little bit I grabbed before bed to finally max Kefka out so I at last have Hyperdrive and Wingless Angel or whatever it's called! Should be nice against bosses. Now I'm going to stockpile enough to instantly get Vaan to at least lvl 60 after awakening him so he isn't any weaker than what I have him at right now for my continued Colosseum progress. I'm trying to decide when I want to level Lenna. Maybe I'll only use Cactuars on Vaan unless I get more than anticipated and then just use vortex for her with my leveling team since Fina is perfectly serviceable in the meantime.

Do the main characters level much faster than anyone else? Kefka was WAY ahead of Rain and Fina and both of them passed him up when they reached 5*. Had to use cactuars to get Kefka maxed but Rain maxed a few days ago... Fina only three levels off herself without cactuars too... Well at least that means Lasswel should level quick as well. I guess he'll replace Rain once I level him enough since I think I've seen some of you say he's a better physical attacker.

Did an 11 pull plus the 6 from last month and I got 7 Lena, 2 Tellah, Vivi(dupe), Roselia (dupe), Penelo, Anzelm, Galuf, Xiao, Clybe, and Krile. I though I was going to get a WOL whent a blue crystal turned gold but it was just Anzelm.

Do the main characters level much faster than anyone else? Kefka was WAY ahead of Rain and Fina and both of them passed him up when they reached 5*. Had to use cactuars to get Kefka maxed but Rain maxed a few days ago... Fina only three levels off herself without cactuars too... Well at least that means Lasswel should level quick as well. I guess he'll replace Rain once I level him enough since I think I've seen some of you say he's a better physical attacker.

Yeah, there are different EXP growth rates for units. The story units are growth rate 2 while pretty much all of the premium units are growth rate 4. Here's a chart to check out how much each rate takes to level. https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Experience_Chart

Pbae

Used all of my saved up tickets (8x) and got WoL and Lenna!

Team is now going to be,
-Chizru
-Bartz
-WoL (replaces Garland)
-Kefka
-Lenna (replaces Fina)

(T_T) now time to grind for levels...

Azuran

Banned
Alright, I ended up getting Lenna after a couple of more pulls. There was no way I was going to let today end without seeing her among my units. She ws my most wanted in this banner.

I'm extremely happy with my pulls. Today couldn't have gone any better. Now time to hit the dunes and level the hell out of WoL and Lenna.

du7y

Did 20 pulls

3* Lenna
3* Lenna
3* Duane
3* Gilbert
3* Shantotto
3* Russel
3* Anzelm
3* Miyuki
3* Tellah
3* Luna
3* Tellah
3* Rydia
3* Lenna
3* Locke
3* Edgar
3* Anzelm
3* Tellah
3* Locke
3* Leo
3* Vivi

Only 3*, omg I hate my luck :(

Did 20 pulls

3* Lenna
3* Lenna
3* Duane
3* Gilbert
3* Shantotto
3* Russel
3* Anzelm
3* Miyuki
3* Tellah
3* Luna
3* Tellah
3* Rydia
3* Lenna
3* Locke
3* Edgar
3* Anzelm
3* Tellah
3* Locke
3* Leo
3* Vivi

Only 3*, omg I hate my luck :(

MAN

RNG is a cruel mistress to some of you guys

udca

I told my self that I only needed Tellah and Lenna so it was gonna be easy to pull. 15 pulls later, no Lenna. I did get a Vaan though.

My current team is Cecil, Firion, Kefka, Garland, Tellah. I want to get Vaan in but I'm not sure who I should replace. Any idea who I should swap? A justification would be appreciated :p

I told my self that I only needed Tellah and Lenna so it was gonna be easy to pull. 15 pulls later, no Lenna. I did get a Vaan though.

My current team is Cecil, Firion, Kefka, Garland, Tellah. I want to get Vaan in but I'm not sure who I should replace. Any idea who I should swap? A justification would be appreciated :p

Garland and Tell

Garland for Vaan to get Full break and Tellah for a dedicated healer if you ever get Lenna. Otherwise put Fina there

thats just for a more balanced team but you can and should use Garland and Tellah where necessary

Pejo

Welp, all saved up lapis and tickets gone. 41 pulls in total.

Highlights:

- 5* Chizuru - Great, I guess. Already had Bartz and CoD but whatever, and she's already 5* so that's a plus.

- 3* Tella - Actually pulled 4 total of him, my strongest mage until....

- 4* Exdeath - Great! Sorely needed a mage, my best unit previously was Terra. Probably my most helpful pickup for my team.

- 4* Lenna - Actually pulled 5 of these, only 1 4* star. She's a mix of Roselia and Fina, so she made both of them redundant. Usually I'm using Cecil as my healer anyways though.

- 3* Firion - One of my favorite character designs since the first Dissidia, so I'm glad I got him for personal preference, but doesn't really add much to my team, even at 6*. Still a plus for sure.

- 5* Medius - Really bummed when the gem turned from rainbow into this guy. I don't hear much about him, but I don't think he's got any saving graces.

- Dupes of Locke, a bunch of 4* max units, and freaking 7 Russels.

No sign of WoL sadly, or even Vaan which was my #2 hope from this pull. I just really need a Full Break user after I've seen how game-changing it can be on harder fights. I'm probably not going to spend any money on this banner, so that's all she wrote.

I did get a few Sabins, and my trust mastery is getting high with him. Question:

Does Counter work alongside Cover/Sentinel? Like if Cecil tanks a hit for another person, can he counter that hit? If so, it could be pretty damn powerful once Cecil gets his 6*

Valentus

At this point of the game you dont even need a healer or a tank. Vaan gives you full break and focus.

Cecil out, vaan in for full damage

Yeah, there are different EXP growth rates for units. The story units are growth rate 2 while pretty much all of the premium units are growth rate 4. Here's a chart to check out how much each rate takes to level. https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Experience_Chart

Interesting, that explains it. Thank you.

Now the question is do I blow whatever lapis I acquire throughout the rest of this banner to try and get WoL or give up on him and start saving for the next unit I feel compelled to pull? What helps a little is that it's not just WoL I hope for, I'd love to get Chizu as well.

CCIE

Banned
Well, lacking a tank I have to get creative. I think my immediate team will be Vaan, Bartz, Chiz, Kefka, and Tella. Two nukes, two barrage, and full break/focus. Should serve me well for awhile. Really could use a tank, but eventually one of Cecil, WoL, Snow, etc should come to me.

For future 6*s I'm going to be physical heavy at this time. I have currently Chiz, 2 Bartz, Firion, and Garland. I'm still convinced that Terra, Vaan, and Kefka will eventually get six stars as the primary heroes and villains of their games ...

Valentus

Interesting, that explains it. Thank you.

Now the question is do I blow whatever lapis I acquire throughout the rest of this banner to try and get WoL or give up on him and start saving for the next unit I feel compelled to pull? What helps a little is that it's not just WoL I hope for, I'd love to get Chizu as well.

The next batch is the ff9 one and you will get nice units like amarant, they dont have So much future like wol that is a beast. So if you want a powercreep now, pull for wol now, because in the next batch you wont get anyone

The next batch is the ff9 one and you will get nice units like amarant, they dont have So much future like wol that is a beast. So if you want a powercreep now, pull for wol now, because in the next batch you wont get anyone

Dont tempt me to pull you devil!

CCIE

Banned
There will be another banner for WoL down the road, when he gets his 6* form. Same goes for Cecil. And I think I'm going to save up for awhile after spending a few tickets on FFIX characters. I think I'll try for Snow, and Hope off the FFXIII banner. I'm not pulling for Lightning except maybe a YOLO pull or three.

What I have will get me through the next few months at least. One day WoL, or any six star tank will be mine. And there is still hope for Refia, or Lenna down the line as well.

CCIE

Banned
Joey - I had six four star crystals in 11 pulls... and not one of them was WoL. I knew it was time to stop when I pulled Vaan.

Elfstruck

I managed to pull CoD and Lenna and now I don't know who to replace on my team.

Exdeath
Firion
Celes
Kefka
Fina.

Should I switch Fina for Lenna and CoD for Celes? =/

CCIE

Banned
DrRob - I will pull for Zidane and Amarant. Not too many though, maybe six at the most. Then I'm done until some future-proof units come into play - like a six-star tank. One thing I need to keep in mind is that I pulled Krile as well (4 star of course). I actually may end up using her for awhile when she gets her fifth - she's kind of impressive. She will have Dual Cast, Curaja, and 30% MAG increase with a staff. That will keep me in good stead until Refia comes available. She's the only six star healer from what I can tell.

And if I am careful enough I should eventually be able to pick up one of Cecil, Snow, or WoL down the line. I certainly did NOT expect to pull Bartz, Firion, or Vaan today so you never know.

Yeah figured I'd skip that one unless Amarant is amazing. If he was awesome than it might be worth it because Zidane's TM would be a good consolation prize. That said, I think the current TM farming is insane and refuse to ever do it. I'm waiting for the Moogle event and that's how I'll farm for it.

I guess the content in the game is easy enough to not sweat anything right now but I'm a little nervous about taking on Frost Dragon with Rain or Laswell as one of the units. Has anyone beat the hardest bosses in Global without an all around OP squad? The only one I've done so far is Europa but I assume the Farplane bosses and S5 Frost Dragon are harder. Definitely the latter is bound to be.

CCIE

Banned
Squall, you don't beat the Frost Dragon with OP units. You beat him with status inflicts. Paralyze, silence, blind. Kefka was my MVP for that fight with Trine, which I had never even used at that point. I tried to OP the bastard quite a few times with Barrage, HyperDrive, etc... then changed my strategy and kicked its ass.

scarlet

I managed to pull CoD and Lenna and now I don't know who to replace on my team.

Exdeath
Firion
Celes
Kefka
Fina.

Should I switch Fina for Lenna and CoD for Celes? =/

You only use 2 mages and Lenna's LB could replace Focus. So I'd say yes.

I only use Celes in my 2 Tellah and 2 Exdeath team

Whooo!

Just beat Europa and Chimera

My Team

CoD - Lvl 50
Locke - Max
Firion - 63
Roselia - 66
Kefka - 53

Europa is was kind of a pushover with this team. Locke is surprisingly useful and was the MVP in both fights with his survivabilty and access to all the Bar spells

One thing I learned is its not always best to be pushing abilities the whole time. Normal attacks (especially Multihit ones) to build limit breaks can be a gamechanger

Valonquar

Trying desparately to not give in to whale instincts to chase a miyuki for my Chiz. Started the TM grind on my 2 zidanes, chiz, shantoto, and hayate. Gonna be a long road. Sort of torn between grinding up rank first or just focusing on the TMs. Might be better to do ranks first so I don't waste so much ENG during sleep.

Squall, you don't beat the Frost Dragon with OP units. You beat him with status inflicts. Paralyze, silence, blind. Kefka was my MVP for that fight with Trine, which I had never even used at that point. I tried to OP the bastard quite a few times with Barrage, HyperDrive, etc... then changed my strategy and kicked its ass.

Ah, nice, good to know. I'm used to most conditions not working on bosses besides lower attack and defense. My Kefka is ready! I'm only on C2 though so will be a while before I get to Frost. I don't have anyone with paralyze though. I wonder if I could crush the White Dragon yet. Is he easier or harder than Europa? I think I'll give him a try after I awaken Vaan to 5* and apply the gigantuars to him.

What's the best way to level Espers right now? Phantom Forest Nodes? I figure I should probably get around to learning Raging Fist soon. Also, do any of the other Espers have an awesome skill? I'm not sure who I should turn my attention to after Ifrit. Shiva or Ramuh? Also, who's better to give to Kefka? I have Ramuh on him now and thinking once I get Shiva I should put her on ExDeath and move Ifrit over to Vaan.

CCIE

Banned
Valanquor - it is taking all of my discipline not to chase WoL. I don't need him now that I have Vaan, but I still want him. I will resist though! And like Chilly's ExDeath, one day the WoL will be mine. Or Charlotte, or Snow, or even Cecil ;) It will be okay... sniff

unrealist

Realized that many of us after hundred of pulls added up together, have not seen or rarely seen a 5 star rainbow pull .. imagine how hard it will be to get Lightning.. Even if we roll a 5 star .. it might be Bedile or some other godly dung unit..

Yeah I've never had a single 5 star pull so don't anticipate ever getting one for the big units. If Squall comes though... I will try with every damn Lapis I generate.

Realized that many of us after hundred of pulls added up together, have not seen or rarely seen a 5 star rainbow pull .. imagine how hard it will be to get Lightning.. Even if we roll a 5 star .. it might be Bedile or some other godly dung unit..

Ive never had a 5 star pull either

Its fine. I dont mind slowly building up the units as long as I get them in some form or another

Going to really suck when unit bases hit 5* star going forward

I kind of wish Star Rankings only applied to ability access and Stat gains and not character level.

CCIE

Banned
New game plan.. Will use the units I talked about, but I now see what the big deal is with Bartz. Dude gets a HUGE increase at 6* level (stats, as well as an AoE attack better than Barrage). So I will level both of my Bartz units, along with Vaan and Tellah. Afterwards I will level up Rain, and Krile

Krile looks like a pretty damn decent healer when she gets her fifth star. And I didn't pull Lenna so I have to make do. Rain is Vaan when he gets his sixth star, but not until max so I won't be using him for quite awhile, and you have to think Vaan will get a sixth eventually.

So the major hole on my team is the lack of a tank, but one HAS to come to me eventually...

New game plan.. Will use the units I talked about, but I now see what the big deal is with Bartz. Dude gets a HUGE increase at 6* level (stats, as well as an AoE attack better than Barrage). So I will level both of my Bartz units, along with Vaan and Tellah. Afterwards I will level up Rain, and Krile

Krile looks like a pretty damn decent healer when she gets her fifth star. And I didn't pull Lenna so I have to make do. Rain is Vaan when he gets his sixth star, but not until max so I won't be using him for quite awhile, and you have to think Vaan will get a sixth eventually.

So the major hole on my team is the lack of a tank, but one HAS to come to me eventually...

What did you end up pulling?!

Oh and thank you for the Ex-Death Love ^^

CCIE

Banned
Chilly I didn't get WoL ... but I pulled 2 Bartz, Krile, Tellah, Firion, and Vaan with 11 pulls (all four star funny enough). I stopped with Vaan on the last pull, even though I wanted to keep going. Seriously, with as many gold crystals as I had and no WoL, it wasn't going to happen today. I'm going to make do, and hope for some good units down the road - still have 9K lapis

I can crush most available content with Chiz, Bartz, Tellah, Vaan, and Kefka for now, but the lack of a tank is concerning. I'm going to lose badly at PvP when it comes out.

Eventually I will be extremely DPS heavy when six stars hit because of Chiz, 2 Bartz, Garland, and Firion in reserve... and I have to get a tank eventually. Also, will spend a few pulls on FFIX banner in a few weeks just because its FFIX.

My team will be in flux until I find the right mix, and I should still be able to get new units down the road so the game stays fresh. I'll be running cactuars and leveling units for quite awhile, though I seriously have too many awakening materials still.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man those last pages...RNG is nuts in this game - but it seems if you are at least willing to drop like 5 tickets you will get at least one of the featured units. Last Gacha i tried for Artemois...ended up using 4 tickets not getting a single of the featured ones...must have had bad luck, because on the Kefka/Chiz Gacha it was also possible to get at least one of the featured units in under 5 pulls.

But overall the pulls seem to be solid this time....seeing way more WoL than Chiz on day 1.

Pejo

Well I am weak, and bought the $49 package to get 11 more tries. Got 3 gold crystals, which ended up being Krile, Penelo, and Shadow -_-

1 ticket remaining, already in "pissed off for spending money" mode based on my pulls, hit the button, blue crystal ---- Fuck!

Turns out it's a 3* Vaan. Not WoL but he has full break, so I'm golden.

Was it worth the money in the end? Nope. Doesn't matter though, now I don't "need" any particular unit and I can just go for the ones I'd like. And I'm pretty sure I have time to build up lapis before the Secret of Mana crossover (if we even get it).

Man do I have some shit to level up and ascend now though.

Valonquar

3SGmYWs.png

Beat INT S-5 on 1st try...just barely LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom