• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Thank you!

My friend ID is 348,992,659
Kicked a few passive friends so I have open slots again for GAF!
I'll send an invite shortly!

I'll search through the post prior to this one and send out invites to anyone else too (currently running a max 5* Chizuru).

Thank you! Fellow lurkers unite ;) Also accepted the invites from you and Academic!

About the rank, TM farming seriously hinders any rank gain so I've gained something like 1 or 2 ranks in 2,5 weeks.
Atleast while farming for Hero Rings you get decent rank exp along with the mats.

Awesome, I'll look for the confirmation!

I'll send an invite shortly!

I'll search through the post prior to this one and send out invites to anyone else too (currently running a max 5* Chizuru).

U CHIZURU PEOPLE GOD

chrono01

Awesome, I'll look for the confirmation!

U CHIZURU PEOPLE GOD
Chizuru is now your "target". I hope you get her.

Unless you mean so many people are running her, in which case, that's true. I've been debating whether I should switch over to my Exdeath for easier farming, but I'm unsure.

Grezak

You Sir are stupidly lucky...very jealous! Welcome though :) glad you are enjoying the game too.

Thanks! Won't need real life lottery tickets for a while since I've used up all my luck today.

It's just kinda comical that I get Chizuru off banner when I wasted a lot of pulls for her too during her banner. Net result was too many Kefkas and Golbezes and nothing else.

CCIE

Banned
Yeah, once I get him properly built up think I will be serving Vaan under the friend point banner. He'll be pretty great with Golem as my pseudo-tank. A lot of people have a Chizuru, and mine is pretty average.

For those who don't have it 730,560,162

What's DPS?

I really have no idea and I've googled it
Damage per second.

So I went in and tried Demon Chimera for the 2nd time ever. First time was a week ago and I immediately got blown up. This time, he went down fairly easy. Had to use 1 elixir and 1 ether, which I find a little cheap, but oh well. I wanted him dead once I got him to about 30%. Also Rain had a Coral Sword on, so he did not damage at all. Lol

Grezak

What's DPS?

I really have no idea and I've googled it

Damage Per Second

Common term for maximum damage done over a second. Usually means damage dealer characters atleast from MMO's
I've no idea on the origins but that's what I usually use for describing damage dealer characters.

*EDIT* Bah, so late <.<

Maledict

I have finally maxed out Chizuru - thanks giant strange moustached metal cactii! Now to get Tellah, Artemios and Lenna to 5 star and then figure out how to beat the white dragon for her sword.

WoL get! OK, some questions from a casual player looking to go deeper.

I'm rank 28. I've completed all of the story, beat the White Dragon, and finished nearly all of the story quests. I have the following team: (5*) Rain, Cecil, Terra, Zidane, Kefka; (4*) Lasswell, Fina, Golbez, Locke, Hayate, WoL, Lenna, Krile; (3*) Tellah. As far as TM fodder goes, I have 2 Lunas.

Kinda overwhelmed with what to do next. I don't have a Hero Ring recipe, I haven't reached Europa in the Colisseum, and I don't feel like I have enough energy to farm for Demon Hearts AND Cactuars. I've never TM farmed.

What should my next few steps be? Should I pick a dedicated 5-man team and try to max them? Should I just max one character at a time? Should I spend time TM farming?

CCIE

Banned
Maledict - easy way to beat White Dragon. Bio Blaster on several people, and Paralyze with Chizuru and whoever else you have.

Folstern

Happy I decided to blow the rest of my tickets luckily last one was WoL. Finally have a Full Break unit. Now to either save for Zidane if he's in a group of 3 or FFT.

scarlet

Damage per second.

So I went in and tried Demon Chimera for the 2nd time ever. First time was a week ago and I immediately got blown up. This time, he went down fairly easy. Had to use 1 elixir and 1 ether, which I find a little cheap, but oh well. I wanted him dead once I got him to about 30%. Also Rain had a Coral Sword on, so he did not damage at all. Lol

Damage Per Second

Common term for maximum damage done over a second. Usually means damage dealer characters atleast from MMO's
I've no idea on the origins but that's what I usually use for describing damage dealer characters.

*EDIT* Bah, so late <.<

Thanks.

Just awakened WoL to 5*

Then gonna farm sacred and holy crystals for Lenna and Exdeath.

Then Golem

Then TM

So much to do

Not sure if I'm gonna raise my 2 Tellah, the 2nd Exdeath make them redundant.

CCIE

Banned
Advocatus - You need to pick five and max them. I currently HAD five, but three will be replaced after Cactuars. You should do Cactuars then go back to the event if you want. Then you should focus on trophies for the Hero Ring recipe...

Maledict

Maledict - easy way to beat White Dragon. Bio Blaster on several people, and Paralyze with Chizuru and whoever else you have.

Turns out you don't even need that. Blade Blitz was taking off 25% of his health every turn on it's own, so everyone else stood round and looked pretty whilst Chiruzu turned it into mince meat. 280 or so attack now which is fairly neat!

CCIE

Banned
Agreed about so much to do... raising Vaan, Bartz, and Tellah at the same time to five star status, then I will focus on getting Vaan to Full Break. Not sure if that will happen before the end of Cactuars or not. They take so long to farm.

Then, I will probably go ahead and max out Celes because really close already, and add some levels to Terra for Graviga. Once all that is done, I will focus on leveling Rain and Krile, which should go relatively quickly. I have four HR rings already, and the materials for a couple more, so I will probably focus on leveling my new units for a bit. Make HR, Iron Helms, and Shurikens - up to more than 500 Shurikens in my inventory.

TMR is something I'm looking at, but I have to be able to install Nox first, and it isn't working correctly in my VM for some reason. I'm going to build a new W10 VM next week and see if that helps.

wilstreak

somehow whenever I add someone from GAF, their friendlist is already full.

Would be glad if you still have slot left and add me

running max 5* Chizuru, but currently in the process of leveling up Bartz, so do excuse me if 4* star Bartz is the 1 that appear as my friend.

scarlet

somehow whenever I add someone from GAF, their friendlist is already full.

Would be glad if you still have slot left and add me

running max 5* Chizuru, but currently in the process of leveling up Bartz, so do excuse me if 4* star Bartz is the 1 that appear as my friend.

Go to menu and options, scroll to the bottom

In select party menu, pick Chizuru (or your preferable unit) as your leader in the Companion party.

So you can raise your Bartz and your friends still can use your Chizu

kbB5OdW.jpg

chrono01

9 summon tickets and 2000 Lapis, not a single Lenna. I got Tellah, who I don't need, since I have Exdeath/Kefka. I have 4100 more Lapis, but I'm done wasting them on this banner. I literally got nothing of use out of the entire thing. :/

I shouldn't have pulled, but I wanted a decent healer (other than Fina). I wasn't even going for WoL, since I knew I wouldn't get him anyway, I just wanted Lenna. Supposedly she's "common", not for me,

CCIE

Banned
Chrono - I didn't get her either with 11 pulls. I understand not getting WoL because he's a base four star. Have a harder time with no Lenna at 3*. Probably get her later down the road. I seem to be pulling more off the banner than on. I'm actually raising Krile to be my healer for a bit. She looks pretty sweet at 5*, and I can always fall back on Fina

its been a good weekend for most of us so far hasnt it?
Gonna spend all weekend on the dunes and then its back to hearts :/

At least i have a shit ton of units to build up and finally progrssing in the colloseum again

chrono01

Chrono - I didn't get her either with 11 pulls. I understand not getting WoL because he's a base four star. Have a harder time with no Lenna at 3*. Probably get her later down the road. I seem to be pulling more off the banner than on. I'm actually raising Krile to be my healer for a bit. She looks pretty sweet at 5*, and I can always fall back on Fina
Yeah, it's pretty depressing, especially with how slow the game is handing out Lapis. It'll take me a while to re-coup my losses, that's for sure.

You'd think they could at least increase the daily reward to 100 Lapis, that'd mean you can get one summon every five days. The standard for most gatcha games is one free in-game currency per day (Dokkan Battle, Treasure Cruise, etc.) with summons costing five, but Gumi felt the need to reduce it by half. Not entirely surprising, considering they did the same thing in Chain Chronicle on many occasions.

wilstreak

Go to menu and options, scroll to the bottom

In select party menu, pick Chizuru (or your preferable unit) as your leader in the Companion party.

So you can raise your Bartz and your friends still can use your Chizu

Oh thank you

Didn't know that it is possible

Celegus

its been a good weekend for most of us so far hasnt it?
Gonna spend all weekend on the dunes and then its back to hearts :/

At least i have a shit ton of units to build up and finally progrssing in the colloseum again
I nabbed Cecil Locke and Lenna in my 8 tickets so I'm pleased. Still don't have a mage better than Golbez, but it's not like that's holding me back on anything so far.

CCIE

Banned
Congrats on your pulls! I still need a premium healer and a tank, but at least I have some new units to level and play with. I figure I should be able to get one of WoL, Cecil, or Snow eventually. Those are the best tanks that are actually attainable

9 summon tickets and 2000 Lapis, not a single Lenna. I got Tellah, who I don't need, since I have Exdeath/Kefka. I have 4100 more Lapis, but I'm done wasting them on this banner. I literally got nothing of use out of the entire thing. :/

I shouldn't have pulled, but I wanted a decent healer (other than Fina). I wasn't even going for WoL, since I knew I wouldn't get him anyway, I just wanted Lenna. Supposedly she's "common", not for me,

I'm sorry Chrono ; ;

chrono01

I'm sorry Chrono ; ;
It's all good, I kind of expected it.

My big worry comes with hitting a brick wall, if I continue to be unlucky with the pulls. That, combined with how little in-game currency/tickets we're receiving, and it's an even greater worry. I've said it before in the past, and I'll say it again here, if it comes down to purchasing in-game currency or quitting, I'm choosing the latter. I don't have an issue buying in-game currency on occasion, but not if Gumi is behind it. I still feel burned over the whole Chain Chronicle debacle, and (on principal) refuse to give them any more of my money. I just can't, in good conscience, do it, however I will continue playing Brave Exvius for as long as I feasibly can (luck permitting).

Ended up getting an 11 ticket bundle to try for Lenna and no luck :( I guess it wasn't all bad since I pulled a Firion, which will be nice when he gets his 6*. Pulled 3 Tellahs as well and the rest was crap.

Finally made my first big F2P purchase ever. Bought the $50 lapis package. I've been playing for 79 consecutive days and I've been loving it and I have no intention of slowing down anytime soon. Figured I might as well throw some money at the game. Probably going to spend a big chunk of it towards adding slots instead of pissing it away gambling on units I want, but won't get.

Lyrian

My big worry comes with hitting a brick wall, if I continue to be unlucky with the pulls. That, combined with how little in-game currency/tickets we're receiving, and it's an even greater worry. I've said it before in the past, and I'll say it again here, if it comes down to purchasing in-game currency or quitting, I'm choosing the latter. I don't have an issue buying in-game currency on occasion, but not if Gumi is behind it. I still feel burned over the whole Chain Chronicle debacle, and (on principal) refuse to give them any more of my money. I just can't, in good conscience, do it, however I will continue playing Brave Exvius for as long as I feasibly can (luck permitting).

As someone who has endured that scenario in PAD for two years, I wouldn't be too worried.

As long as you keep yourself out of the mindset of **needing** to clear the newest hardest content the moment it comes out, you will be fine. Power creep will ensure that non-elite units will be able to clear previously difficult content that only the best of the best units could clear. Just have to wait a bit longer than the whales or the ultra lucky, that is all.

What happened with Chain Chroncile, if I may ask >.>

Also fuck Lightning so (-.-)/

May want to try for WoL, Cecil is arguably a better tank at 6* but 5* WoL wipes the floor with 5* Cecil.

CCIE

Banned
Yes, that is where I am. If I look at it objectively Vaan is a better fit for my balanced party. Still, it worries me going forward with the base units being mostly four star and above. I just want units that will be eventually six star so I don't feel completely frustrated by the game six months from now. I just need a little luck pulling a six star capable tank down the line

sammich

So I used like 16 tickets today.. 3rd pull was a Zidane so I said why not. In the end the pulls that mattered were
3* Lenna, 5 of them.. sigh
4* Chizuru which is great, except it's my 3rd one now(other 2 from the Chizuru gate)
3* vivi, 2 of them. Not sure if good.
Galuf, Sabi, 2 Russell's(one of which was a yellow crystal, sigh), Cyan, Penelo,Anzelm and Maria.
I need one more physical attacker now to go with my Chizuru and Leena.
For mages I guess I can put my 2 kriles with my 2 Vivi's and cerius?
I'll need help team building.
I'm all F2p for now. We will see how long I'll tolerate the Gumi crap. Had enough of it in BF though I must say that it so far seems to be a far more complex game.

Jacobbles

Just bought some lapis because I'm weak.
Pulled a bunch of junk but did get Locke Zidane and Lenna so I'm not too upset.

Tempted to spend more for WoL but I don't like my odds of getting him :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom