• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

As someone who has endured that scenario in PAD for two years, I wouldn't be too worried.

As long as you keep yourself out of the mindset of **needing** to clear the newest hardest content the moment it comes out, you will be fine. Power creep will ensure that non-elite units will be able to clear previously difficult content that only the best of the best units could clear. Just have to wait a bit longer than the whales or the ultra lucky, that is all.
Haha, I'll try to.

I play quite a few gatcha games, so I'd like to think I'm conditioned to not get what I'm after, but it doesn't make it any less difficult (the disappointment). :(

What happened with Chain Chroncile, if I may ask >.>
Well, in addition to all of the "bugs" Gumi introduced in Chain Chronicle (increasing the health of event bosses so the people trying to fully LB the characters spent more in-game currency to refresh their AP/BP, decreasing the chance for those event bosses to drop in the first place, and outright lying about certain characters not dropping from event chests, despite the game explicitly stating that they do), the worst part is how they handled the closure of the game.

In short, they held continuous back-to-back events, with premium gatcha associated with each one. Players, not knowing any better, spent real-life money to purchase in-game currency to pull in these gatcha, many going so far as to fully LB some of them (that required to get the initial drop, as well as four more of them). This was shortly after Version 2 launched, so everyone was exited with all of the new content, numerous gatcha, and building up their teams.

Then, shortly afterwards, Gumi announced plans to close the servers for the game, which left players with a sense of disappointment, after all of the hard work (and money) they just sunk into their accounts. It's theorized that Gumi knew ahead of time that there were plans to shut down the game, but they already had the events translated/coded, so they released them anyway to get a few more dollars from their players. It worked, judging from the people on the forums, who put everything they had into these events, thinking that their support would be continued in the years to come.

Now, some say the reason for the closure wasn't on Gumi but SEGA. Personally, I think it was all Gumi, since they were already working on another one of their games (Phantom of the Kill, which completely failed, not surprising given how CC was handled), and they wanted to designate more of their resources on their new "cash cow". It just left a sour-taste in my mouth, which is why I was so apprehensive over playing Brave Exvius when it was revealed that Gumi (and not Square Enix themselves) were behind it. I'll remain F2P, just in the off-chance that the same thing doesn't happen here as it did in CC.

Granted, Final Fantasy is a much more popular franchise than Chain Chronicle, but it's not as though the latter was suffering from a low-player-base. The V2 release of the game brought many people back, both new and old, and everything was thriving. No one, myself especially, expected the sudden closure. I had a team I worked really hard on, and got lucky with several of my gatcha pulls. It's a shame I didn't get more time with them.

CCIE

Banned
I don't know Chain Chronicles, but I doubt Square would let them just close down FFBE. If so, that would suck. But there is always a new game available to play

hitmon

I wasted 3 tickets on Penelo, Kain, and some other forgotten character. I'm still looking for that elusive tank on my team. I grinded out the 80 demon hearts so today wasn't a total loss. Congrats to those who got a WoL.

chrono01

I don't know Chain Chronicles, but I doubt Square would let them just close down FFBE. If so, that would suck. But there is always a new game available to play
Yeah, it being a Final Fantasy game probably gives it a bit more immunity than Chain Chronicle, but I'm still hesitant to give Gumi any (more) of my money. There's no telling how they might impact the drop-rates, for both in-game stuff as well as gatcha drops, either. I like the give the benefit of the doubt to anyone until they prove themselves otherwise, but with Gumi I just can't. Maybe they'll surprise me, and they'll do a great job with Brave Exvius? Ideally, that'd be the best situation, but already I can see the lower free Lapis per day, as well as sub-par login bonuses.

It doesn't inspire me with much hope, but then, things can change...

Okay so I promised I'd pickup FFT while we got some downtime in between this whack event(and a few weeks of summer left).

Been playing on my phone and just got to Chapter 3 and finally saw Orlandu in a scene! Having a lot of fun so far, perfect phone title tbh. No idea why I never gave this a chance.

Hope u guys are all pulling smart & don't thrown it all on the table for WoL. If u get him great, if not remember he's not the end all be all and your luck will permit eventually!

CCIE

Banned
I love FFT. Have both that and FFIX on my phone, so I have other things to play if something happens to FFBE

bonkeng

Haha, I'll try to.

I play quite a few gatcha games, so I'd like to think I'm conditioned to not get what I'm after, but it doesn't make it any less difficult (the disappointment). :(

Well, in addition to all of the "bugs" Gumi introduced in Chain Chronicle (increasing the health of event bosses so the people trying to fully LB the characters spent more in-game currency to refresh their AP/BP, decreasing the chance for those event bosses to drop in the first place, and outright lying about certain characters not dropping from event chests, despite the game explicitly stating that they do), the worst part is how they handled the closure of the game.

In short, they held continuous back-to-back events, with premium gatcha associated with each one. Players, not knowing any better, spent real-life money to purchase in-game currency to pull in these gatcha, many going so far as to fully LB some of them (that required to get the initial drop, as well as four more of them). This was shortly after Version 2 launched, so everyone was exited with all of the new content, numerous gatcha, and building up their teams.

Then, shortly afterwards, Gumi announced plans to close the servers for the game, which left players with a sense of disappointment, after all of the hard work (and money) they just sunk into their accounts. It's theorized that Gumi knew ahead of time that there were plans to shut down the game, but they already had the events translated/coded, so they released them anyway to get a few more dollars from their players. It worked, judging from the people on the forums, who put everything they had into these events, thinking that their support would be continued in the years to come.

Now, some say the reason for the closure wasn't on Gumi but SEGA. Personally, I think it was all Gumi, since they were already working on another one of their games (Phantom of the Kill, which completely failed, not surprising given how CC was handled), and they wanted to designate more of their resources on their new "cash cow". It just left a sour-taste in my mouth, which is why I was so apprehensive over playing Brave Exvius when it was revealed that Gumi (and not Square Enix themselves) were behind it. I'll remain F2P, just in the off-chance that the same thing doesn't happen here as it did in CC.

Granted, Final Fantasy is a much more popular franchise than Chain Chronicle, but it's not as though the latter was suffering from a low-player-base. The V2 release of the game brought many people back, both new and old, and everything was thriving. No one, myself especially, expected the sudden closure. I had a team I worked really hard on, and got lucky with several of my gatcha pulls. It's a shame I didn't get more time with them.

My exact same feeling with GUMI. Really pissed of after spending money for that 1 event they managed to do right, they announced the closure right after.

If this isn't Final Fantasy, I would have stayed away from this game.

Aurizen

Should I fuse Shantotto into Tellah? Seeing as He supersedes her in terms of magic and I no longer need her. Is that a wise decision?

bonkeng

Whooops.

Pulled 11 more with ticket bundle on alt.

On the 11th pull:

Warrior of Light!!!

No more lapis on my alt, but my team now is:

CoD
Chizuru
Warrior of Light
Cecil/Lenna
Exdeath/Tellah/Kefka

TM Team
Zidane
Miyuki
Luna x 2
Kain x 2
Shantotto x 4

In comparison to my main:

CoD
Vaan
Bartz
Cecil/Lenna
Exdeath/Tellah/Kefka

No notable tm units but still have 9k Lapis.

Aurizen

I want warrior of light but i don't want to do over 10 pulls and waste my lapis and tickets. I want to get lightning lol. At the same time my mediocre team needs to be revamped..

CCIE

Banned
I have no illusions about Lightning, but I would like to pull off the FFXIII, and FF3 banners down the line, and a few others. If I knew I would get him, I'd spend my last 9K in lapis. However, if I don't then I'd be beyond pissed. Therefore, I will wait. Maybe spend my free ticket we are getting on Monday on a "whatever" pull for him. As a general rule I wouldn't use more than 11 tickets on a single banner, at least for awhile. Maybe further in when we know Gumi isn't going to just pack up and ditch the game.

Probably not, though. I'll wait for another decent banner to come along before I pull some more.

bonkeng

Guys, what did you do with your trash units like Penelo, Sabin, Shadow, Russell, Clyne, Anzelm?

I'm running out of space, was thinking of feeding them to the others.

CCIE

Banned
Wired,

From the videos I've watched the only real way to pull these premium units was to pull eleven at once. There is a Japanese girl who pulls all these events, and she usually gets what she is looking for after anywhere from 3-4 11 pull tickets.

Watched her pull Tidus in less than thirty pulls, and lightening on about the third 11-pull group. It's the only way to do it if they actually introduce it on the banners like in Japan. It works like a Multi-pull FP Summon does.

desverger

Yeah I'd carpet bomb someone if that happened. Good lord.

For being called 'TheChillyAcademic', you are not taking it very chill :p

But yeah, the stuff with CC was pretty badly handled. I think the foreclosure was announced like a month before (if I remember correctly), so there wasn't even a lot of time to react. The short closure time led us to believe they must've known before.

I didn't dump a lot of money to the game but it still left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Anyway, here's to hoping Gumi has learned something from that debacle and handles FFBE better. To be fair, there's a different man in the head of the company now.

wilstreak

is this supposed to be normal?

so, i pull 1 summon with 1 ticket and blue crystal appear, and when i press it (to crack it), suddenly the screen dim and then it change to yellow crystal which i need to tap once again.

in the end it is 4* Firion, should be grateful, but he doesn't have place in my team. LOL. Already got Chiz, Garland, Leo and Bartz
Why can't they give someone with Full Break.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Trying to get 1-2 Zidane copies is more likely than hoping for Lightning - so thats what im going for.

PS: Also wanted to do the +300k damage per round quest - what kind of Friend Kefka is needed ? Wanted to use Nomidors because his Kefka was OP but he uses Chiz now.

Rixa

is this supposed to be normal?

so, i pull 1 summon with 1 ticket and blue crystal appear, and when i press it (to crack it), suddenly the screen dim and then it change to yellow crystal which i need to tap once again.

in the end it is 4* Firion, should be grateful, but he doesn't have place in my team. LOL. Already got Chiz, Garland, Leo and Bartz
Why can't they give someone with Full Break.
Its normal, you can even get if really lucky (not me) from blue to yellow to rainbow.

Swap Leo to Firion. Firion gets 6* later and has shitton of great killer abilities as 6* when we get the 6*.

Heng

Trying to get 1-2 Zidane copies is more likely than hoping for Lightning - so thats what im going for.

PS: Also wanted to do the +300k damage per round quest - what kind of Friend Kefka is needed ? Wanted to use Nomidors because his Kefka was OP but he uses Chiz now.
You could go to the low level forest (the boss with 3 adds) and use Exdeath with Imperil + firaga. If you really want to use Kefka, I'd say find with fira rod and do the same thing or go to the catacomb and use thundaga on the boss. I'll put mine up for a day or so.

bonkeng

Kefka is a safe bet.

I managed to hit Belmodar for 600k+ with Imperil, Focus and Hyperdrive.

wilstreak

Its normal, you can even get if really lucky (not me) from blue to yellow to rainbow.

Swap Leo to Firion. Firion gets 6* later and has shitton of great killer abilities as 6* when we get the 6*.

oh, what a surprising glitch.

well, it is true that Firion is more future proof, but Leo has very high defense as a tank. (but ofc will defeinitely level him up)
between Bartz, Firion and Lenna, it would be a grindfest again.

scarlet

Whooops.

Pulled 11 more with ticket bundle on alt.

On the 11th pull:

Warrior of Light!!!

No more lapis on my alt, but my team now is:

CoD
Chizuru
Warrior of Light
Cecil/Lenna
Exdeath/Tellah/Kefka

TM Team
Zidane
Miyuki
Luna x 2
Kain x 2
Shantotto x 4

In comparison to my main:

CoD
Vaan
Bartz
Cecil/Lenna
Exdeath/Tellah/Kefka

No notable tm units but still have 9k Lapis.

You already have Cecil, no need for 2nd tank lol

I'd love to have another physical attacker than Chizu. She's my only one.

Still have 5 tickets left, I think I'm gonna save it for future banner.

Nohar

Urg... The crafting trophies are going to take a long time to get... A man only has so many copper ores and logs, and after those the recipes take at least one hour to complete.

Xion86

chrono01 i can't believe you did not get Leena after all that. What's funny is earlier in the day yesterday i spent around 15 tickets at once, loads of Tellah and no Leena. Later that day i caved in and used another bundle, insnatly got 5-6 Leenas in the bunch and less Tellah, it's really odd.

chrono01

chrono01 i can't believe you did not get Leena after all that. What's funny is earlier in the day yesterday i spent around 15 tickets at once, loads of Tellah and no Leena. Later that day i caved in and used another bundle, insnatly got 5-6 Leenas in the bunch and less Tellah, it's really odd.
I know, I am saddened.

I have 4100 Lapis and am tempted to do a few more pulls, but I want to save in-case Gumi releases those 300 Lapis bundles (and, if offered over extended days, I want enough Lapis on-hand to buy them all).

I'll resist.

It's not like I NEED a healer right now (Fina will suffice) and, while WoL and Cecil would be nice, I'm not about to pull for them (I'll let them come to me naturally...hopefully...). It's just upsetting that I burned through so man tickets (and Lapis) with literally nothing to show for it. I'll never use Tellah since I have better, and the rest of the units were useless (Edgar, Shantotto, Luna, Maria, Shadow, Bedile, etc.).

Ugh.

Nohar

Quick question: is the best place for Ice Megacrystals is still on the second island, or is one of the new exploration sites on the third island better?

Xion86

I just had a go with another 22 tickets, got 4 Leenas, no WoL though. No Cecil, Vaan or Chiz either which i was after too. Had quite a few golds but were pointless chatacters.

bonkeng

You already have Cecil, no need for 2nd tank lol

I'd love to have another physical attacker than Chizu. She's my only one.

Still have 5 tickets left, I think I'm gonna save it for future banner.

Yeah you're right. Mainly using WoL for Fullbreak though.

IMO Fullbreak is the most OP skill currently on global. Fits in any team composition.

Xion86

How much money have you spent?

Damn you caught me scarlet :(
That was another £40 just this time...but might have spent over that yesterday :/. So yeah, no more lol. I really thought i might get lucky this time with the ticket bundle. Seems like the percentage chance to get WoL is just too low to keep trying now. All i wanted is just either WoL, Chiz, Vaan or Cecil. I'll just have to go through the non story bits without them.

I'll now stick with the followimg team:

Garland (replacing Lasswell), Leena (replacing Terra), Kefka, Firon (replacing Kain). For the last member, i could keep Rain as i don't have one really big hitting melee or tank. Or pick Tellah, Terra or Golbez. Not sure.

But damn, i've ran out of Sacred Crystals to awaken Garland, Leena and Firon :(

Edit: Okay after seeing the reddit thread on WoL whaling and seeing how many pulls people have tried (some well over 100) to get WoL and coming out with nothing, i think its wise for me to stop now :D don't feel AS bad haha. I wanted to go full F2P just after getting one strong tank unit, so was just trying some final luck today.

Nohar

Frankly, I think I'll save lapis for now. Thanks to my new units, I should be fine for a while (at least, I hope so). I'll maybe pull again when Luneth is up, and skip Lightning.

I just hope that I will be able to complete the upcoming trials with my current units (CoD, Exdeath, Lenna, Tellah, Celes). The Chimera is going to be a pain though... Anyhow, I'll try again once everyone is 80.

Xion86

I'm not bothered one bit about Lightning to be honest, i didn't even like the character in any of the games she was in either, she was just so dull and unlikeable. Anyway, hopefully i will get lucky with a tank somewhere down the line.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Wired,

From the videos I've watched the only real way to pull these premium units was to pull eleven at once. There is a Japanese girl who pulls all these events, and she usually gets what she is looking for after anywhere from 3-4 11 pull tickets.

Watched her pull Tidus in less than thirty pulls, and lightening on about the third 11-pull group. It's the only way to do it if they actually introduce it on the banners like in Japan. It works like a Multi-pull FP Summon does.

I believe they added in something, where you are granted one 4* or 5* unit if you do the 11 pulls. But that is how they are going to make their money in the end and this shit isn't cheap at all. I figured a pull would be a dollar at most, since its entirely based upon luck. Cheapest you can get right now is 2.5$ per pull.

CCIE

Banned
God, you guys make me want to pull again for Lenna, but I already pulled Vaan yesterday so I no longer need WoL at this time. Want him, but don't need him. I'm going to wait for the FF13 banner and try to get one of Hope or Snow at that time (4*), the Cecil rate-up (3*), or the FF3 rate-up for Arc (3*) and Refia (4*).

Also, Zidane if he gets another rate-up. I have to be smarter with my pulls because the Lapis will start to dry up. If I can average a few tickets a month, the daily Lapis should be good for another few. I figure by the end of August I will be North of 10K Lapis unless Zidane gets a rate-up. There will be a few more free tickets as well - always is.

bonkeng

God, you guys make me want to pull again for Lenna, but I already pulled Vaan yesterday so I no longer need WoL at this time. Want him, but don't need him. I'm going to wait for the FF13 banner and try to get one of Hope or Snow at that time (4*), the Cecil rate-up (3*), or the FF3 rate-up for Arc (3*) and Refia (4*).

Also, Zidane if he gets another rate-up. I have to be smarter with my pulls because the Lapis will start to dry up. If I can average a few tickets a month, the daily Lapis should be good for another few. I figure by the end of August I will be North of 10K Lapis unless Zidane gets a rate-up. There will be a few more free tickets as well - always is.

This is going to be an agonizing 2 weeks for you.

This banner's quite good though. If you manage to get the featured summons.

Guys, what did you do with your trash units like Penelo, Sabin, Shadow, Russell, Clyne, Anzelm?

I'm running out of space, was thinking of feeding them to the others.

Keeping a copy of Shadow and Sabin for collection, fun, RPG/Story content

ditching and fusing the rest for TM rewards

CCIE

Banned
My new team after I get it built up is going to be Chiz, Bartz, Vaan, Tellah or Fina, and Kefka. Should be able to beat most content with them until six stars are released. Then I have another Bartz, Firion, Garland, and Rain waiting in the wings that will all be six star capable. So I will be fine for awhile. I think I'll even train up Krile for when her fifth star is released - she looks like a great Healer in her own right when she gets it.

Only healer that is truly future-proof is currently Refia. The hole in my team is the lack of a true tank, but I should be able to get one of Snow, WoL, or Cecil down the line. After all, I didn't expect to pull any of the units I did yesterday except for Tellah. My biggest priority at this time has to be Cecil

c-murph

Did they change the drop rate for Sacred Crystals in Awakening INT?!

I've done about ten runs now and only got one crystal... Never happened before. I can't even remember the last time I didn't get at least one.

Frankly, I think I'll save lapis for now. Thanks to my new units, I should be fine for a while (at least, I hope so). I'll maybe pull again when Luneth is up, and skip Lightning.

I just hope that I will be able to complete the upcoming trials with my current units (CoD, Exdeath, Lenna, Tellah, Celes). The Chimera is going to be a pain though... Anyhow, I'll try again once everyone is 80.

Chimera isnt bad

Just put up all the bar spells and keep health maxed. Once you get past his initial volley of super attacks just keep up barblizzara and maybe have CoD throw a Protectga here and there as needed

The poisoning does suck though so you may need double healers to make up for it. I had Roselia and just saved her limit break for clearing the team of poison...

scarlet

Did they change the drop rate for Sacred Crystals in Awakening INT?!

I've done about ten runs now and only got one crystal... Never happened before. I can't even remember the last time I didn't get at least one.

It seems so, I guess the dunes too.
Only got 1/2 Gigantuars in INT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom