• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

Dunes rate has definitely dropped. We get green cactaurs now. I don't even remember seeing green cactaurs last time.

I got green last event, but not as much as this one.

Haven't gotten 3 gigantuars in a single run so far. And it was like 7/10 last time.

Azuran

Banned
Reading the subreddit and this thread is making me realize how lucky I was pulling WoL in just 5 pulls.It's so crazy that I'm seeing people that have tried over 50 times with no sucess. Sometimes I really understimate how rare these units actually are.

He's level 60 now so it won't be long before I share him with all of my friends. Might as well show him off to others for a while.

Valentus

Reading the subreddit and this thread is making me realize how lucky I was pulling WoL in just 5 pulls.It's so crazy that I'm seeing people that have tried over 50 times with no sucess. Sometimes I really understimate how rare these units actually are.

He's level 60 now so it won't be long before I share him with all of my friends. Might as well show him off to others for a while.

the rate of getting a 4star base unit is 2% with rate up. I get my chizuru in the sixth pull, and now i get my WoL in the 30th pull, so is just a luck thing.

Luckily, i dont need garnet at all and her TM sucks, so i wont pull for her at all in the next batch

scarlet

the rate of getting a 4star base unit is 2% with rate up. I get my chizuru in the sixth pull, and now i get my WoL in the 30th pull, so is just a luck thing.

Luckily, i dont need garnet at all and her TM sucks, so i wont pull for her at all in the next batch

I got my Chizu in my 1st and only ticket that time. WoL is my 23rd.

I should've been more grateful for that.

Can't imagine when it's time for Orlandu, Gilgamesh, Luneth and Lightning

Is it confirmed that next one is FF IX?

Valentus

Yeah, it looks like it was announced in a conference with GL and JP developers in a China conference, that Garnet, Freya, Amarant and Lani will be coming next... Not exciting at all.

Xion86

Did they change the drop rate for Sacred Crystals in Awakening INT?!

I've done about ten runs now and only got one crystal... Never happened before. I can't even remember the last time I didn't get at least one.

I was actually getting 2 per run earlier this morning as I totally ran out! Now I've ran out of Gil too :( what a mess haha.

CCIE

Banned
I wish I had a WoL to be leveling. I've almost got Tellah, Bartz, and Vaan to 5*... then I will max Vaan. We will see if there is time for more before Cactuars are done. Tellah will be next. Going to be spending some time in Advanced Vortex this next week it looks like.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah sadly the Metal Cactuar drop rate is way worse compared to the first time we got the stage - but its still the best option. I was hoping to max lvl my Kefka but now i will be glad to get him high enough on 4* so he learns his -ga spells.
You could go to the low level forest (the boss with 3 adds) and use Exdeath with Imperil + firaga. If you really want to use Kefka, I'd say find with fira rod and do the same thing or go to the catacomb and use thundaga on the boss. I'll put mine up for a day or so.

Okay thanks - good to know there is another alternative because i have a bunch of OP Ex-Death friends. As long as its possible without Access to focus i should be fine.
Kefka is a safe bet.

I managed to hit Belmodar for 600k+ with Imperil, Focus and Hyperdrive.

Damn...i need to give it a shot - dont have Focus but the rest could be still enough for +300k dmg with a high mag Kefka friend.

scarlet

Yeah sadly the Metal Cactuar drop rate is way worse compared to the first time we got the stage - but its still the best option. I was hoping to max lvl my Kefka but now i will be glad to get him high enough on 4* so he learns his -ga spells.

Okay thanks - good to know there is another alternative because i have a bunch of OP Ex-Death friends. As long as its possible without Access to focus i should be fine.

Damn...i need to give it a shot - dont have Focus but the rest could be still enough for +300k dmg with a high mag Kefka friend.

You do't need Kefka

I did it with 2 exdeath, fina, chizuru, rain and laswell limit bursts

cw_sasuke

Sasuke, want me to share out Kefka? He has 252 magic and easily got the 300K - I did so
You do't need Kefka

I did it with 2 exdeath, fina, chizuru, rain and laswell limit bursts

Oops i should have been clearer...Kefka leveling is just for my main team so i can finally start using him. For the 300k challenge quest i would use a friend anyway.

CCIE - if you could put him up for a bit i would try to clear the challenge fast xD

leehom

Went yolo on both my accounts and got all trash except one.

Was a gold crystal and I was meh. Click and it turned rainbow. Started to get excited hoping for WoL, but alas it was Chizzy.

One good pull out of 17 tickets this time for my SL account. Considering that Kefka was the best pull on that account, Chizzy is a good start. Hopefully I can pull another top tier character in the future.

Yogg

Went yolo on both my accounts and got all trash except one.

Was a gold crystal and I was meh. Click and it turned rainbow. Started to get excited hoping for WoL, but alas it was Chizzy.

One good pull out of 17 tickets this time for my SL account. Considering that Kefka was the best pull on that account, Chizzy is a good start. Hopefully I can pull another top tier character in the future.

On one side I'm so happy to have been lucky enough to get WoL in so few pulls, especially when I'm reading other posts from people who try really hard to get him with no luck.

And on the other side it's weird to see so many people unhappy about drawing Chizuru while trying to get WoL, when for the last 2 weeks I've been trying to get Chiz, with no luck.

I guess this all evens up somewhere in the distance. RNG really is a bitch (pardon my french).

I'm also seeing a scary amount of people who will invest more money into many more pulls than initially planned, mainly because of seeing other's success stories, unit ratings, more happy screenshots, discussions about full break, discussions about future proofing, etc...

Of course everybody is free to spend his cash as he sees fit, but I suspect the "banner hype" has already made many victims.

Gumi must be having a killer weekend. We'll deserve some mighty-fine bundles after that :p And I can't even imagine the craze of the pulls once Lightning is up for grabs.

leehom

And on the other side it's weird to see so many people unhappy about drawing Chizuru while trying to get WoL, when for the last 2 weeks I've been trying to get Chiz, with no luck.
Hey, I love chizzy. My sl account is full of trash where I am still using fina, laswell and rain. My gl account otoh already has chizzy. 😬

Yogg

Hey, I love chizzy. My sl account is full of trash where I am still using fina, laswell and rain. My gl account otoh already has chizzy. 😬

I was jumping on the subject after reading your post (and many other Chiz-pull on current banner), and then I rambled on, but I was not specifically targetting you! Sorry about that!

Valentus

On one side I'm so happy to have been lucky enough to get WoL in so few pulls, especially when I'm reading other posts from people who try really hard to get him with no luck.

I guess this all evens up somewhere in the distance. RNG really is a bitch (pardon my french).

I'm also seeing a scary amount of people who will invest more money into many more pulls than initially planned, mainly because of seeing other's success stories, unit ratings, more happy screenshots, discussions about full break, discussions about future proofing, etc...

Of course everybody is free to spend his cash as he sees fit, but I suspect the "banner hype" has already made many victims.

Gumi must be having a killer weekend. We'll deserve some mighty-fine bundles after that :p And I can't even imagine the craze of the pulls once Lightning is up for grabs.

the thing about the lightning batch is that we also get there Ryudomira, a crucial unit in the metagame, because her TM is dualcast, a must have TM in every white mage (i would say black mage but almost all top tier mages have W-Magic innate, and i can bet Kefka 6star will have it too). Dualcast TM is almost a must for quality survival. So in the lightning batch, i will pull most for ryudomira than lightning.

Yogg

the thing about the lightning batch is that we also get there Ryudomira, a crucial unit in the metagame, because her TM is dualcast, a must have TM in every white mage (i would say black mage but almost all top tier mages have W-Magic innate, and i can bet Kefka 6star will have it too). Dualcast TM is almost a must for quality survival. So in the lightning batch, i will pull most for ryudomira than lightning.

I wasn't aware of Ryudomira. That looks very interesting. So many TMs to grind, geez.

Naar

Is this optimized for a tablet screen? I rarely play mobile games, and if I do it's almost always on a tablet.

Do I NEED to link to a social media account to play? Or is it just bonus stuff? Can I play the game normally without linking?

Anyone?

I haven't the faintest idea if its 'optimized' for a Tablet screen, but assuming you're able to download it via your platform of choice I'm certain it will run well.

You do not HAVE to link your account to facebook; doing so simply allows your game and progress to be linked in case of data loss. If its tied to FB you can simply start right where you left off if for some reason you change your device or it is damage etc etc

Benefits for linking? Not sure if those are still going on.

leehom

I don't want to spend money on units or anything. But I'd pay for Sacred Crystals I think. Lol

After grinding int mat for two days, I was able to accumulate about 45 sacred crystals and 15 holy crystals. Spend all your energy on it for a few days and you should have more than enough.

Rixa

I don't want to spend money on units or anything. But I'd pay for Sacred Crystals I think. Lol

Considering, last maintenance there was bundle pic where price was 6,99$ and it had 7 Sacred Crystals.

Would you rather buy:
a) That bundle and 7 SC

or

b) 700 Lapis which is a lot of runs in INT awaken Vortex :p

About WoL / Chizzy:

Chizzy banner I hoped for Kefka. I made total of 17 pulls and I got Golbez, Exdeath and 40mins before banner Ended Kefka when I was ready to do 2 Lapis pulls but I needed one. I wasnt aiming for Chizzy.

I have Cecil so nor urgent need for WoL thus:
WoL banner I hoped for Lenna and I had only 5 tix to pull, thats not a lot and it could been Clyneshow. I pulled Tellah, Lenna (whoa), decided to end there. Well I still had 3 tix and after 20mins or so made 3 yolos, Lenna, Shadow, Chizzy (wtf).

Iam trying to get my Exdeath even more futureproof, DC Meteor boom boom pow.
Screenshot_20160806-151331.png

Those GAFers who aint at my friendlist, I purged idle players and have few (11) slots free:
Feel free to send fr.

Yogg

Those GAFers who aint at my friendlist, I purged idle players and have few (11) slots free:
Feel free to send fr.

Request sent!

I cleared some inactive accounts too and have 13 slots free.
644,865,575 (CoD)

scarlet

Considering, last maintenance there was bundle pic where price was 6,99$ and it had 7 Sacred Crystals.

Would you rather buy:
a) That bundle and 7 SC

or

b) 700 Lapis which is a lot of runs in INT awaken Vortex :p

About WoL / Chizzy:

Chizzy banner I hoped for Kefka. I made total of 17 pulls and I got Golbez, Exdeath and 40mins before banner Ended Kefka when I was ready to do 2 Lapis pulls but I needed one. I wasnt aiming for Chizzy.

I have Cecil so nor urgent need for WoL thus:
WoL banner I hoped for Lenna and I had only 5 tix to pull, thats not a lot and it could been Clyneshow. I pulled Tellah, Lenna (whoa), decided to end there. Well I still had 3 tix and after 20mins or so made 3 yolos, Lenna, Shadow, Chizzy (wtf).

Iam trying to get my Exdeath even more futureproof, DC Meteor boom boom pow.

Feel free to send fr.

How long it takes you to reach 80%?

Like you just do the entrance all day?

Wanna give it a chance.

NomarTyme

Did a Yolo pull and was hoping to get Lenna but got WoL of light.... again. I'm going to stop. I really wanted Lenna, but I don't want to tempt the RNG gods again.

I was jumping on the subject after reading your post (and many other Chiz-pull on current banner), and then I rambled on, but I was not specifically targetting you! Sorry about that!

See you know what's both amazing and scary about the system. I've been fortunate with pulls in general but take for example yesterday.

I pulled a 5* Ex-Death, the ONE unit at the EXACT level I wanted it to be.

Had I not done so I would have had a good but not great pull today. Would I have been more upset and less enthused if this had not happened?

Maybe.

But its interesting to think about the mindsets people, whales in particular have.

yeah, somehow have been running full non stop in awakening Vortex INT 8 times and not getting 1 sacred crystal drop. It is frustating.

See that's fucking insane. Last night I got 7 crystals in 5 runs and assumed they had upped the drop rate...this game, jeez.

So let me get some expert opinions. Is this team pretty good for the future?

Warrior of Light, Lasswell, Artemios, Kefka, Lenna

I'm not really obsessed over getting certain chars, unless Tidus and Auruon get released, so I'd like to settle in with a group of chars and slow down my playtime a bit.

scarlet

I'm not really obsessed over getting certain chars, unless Tidus and Auruon get released, so I'd like to settle in with a group of chars and slow down my playtime a bit.

Future? Like an upgrade to 6*?

Only WoL and Laswell so far.

But for current content you're more than good.

NomarTyme

Maybe one more physical damage damage(replacing Lasswell)? but you're all set.

Rixa

How long it takes you to reach 80%?

Like you just do the entrance all day?

Wanna give it a chance.

Basically yup, Earth Shrine all the day, except Vortex 5 BNG (usually Awaken, you get about 1 SC per 3 runs) and 2 runs in Earth Shrine Explo for the daily quests. That 80% Shantotto was my 2nd summon in May, I used her in party so much that she had 14.5% TM when I started TM grind.

Today is 30th day of TM grind, Iam getting about 2.2% per day, not waking at night, I rather sleep and let nrg rot :p. Manually, only using phone, boring as fuck, I try to do everything else same time while tapping phone. Roughly 18 days to go and then its done.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

That's the trap. There is no such thing as "future proofing". Month or two after, the meta will change once again. You're simply ahead of the curve. It's no different than an MMO, outside of you're paying to keep ahead with some luck. Rather than having to invest large swaths of time with some luck.

And the banner hype reminds me of steam sales. This thread blew up with excitement. The new characters are hot hot hot. But I also think people are chasing the idea of getting these characters which are good into JPN now, in prep for it. It's not a bad idea into retrospect, but it's when people get fixated on that Chiz or WoL. Rather than thinking how can I continue to upgrade my current team in a reasonable manner, i.e. saving for a while, then pulling every now on then when there are a good handful of upgraded units for you.

scarlet

Basically yup, Earth Shrine all the day, except Vortex 5 BNG (usually Awaken, you get about 1 SC per 3 runs) and 2 runs in Earth Shrine Explo for the daily quests. That 80% Shantotto was my 2nd summon in May, I used her in party so much that she had 14.5% TM when I started TM grind.

Today is 30th day of TM grind, Iam getting about 2.2% per day, not waking at night, I rather sleep and let nrg rot :p. Manually, only using phone, boring as fuck, I try to do everything else same time while tapping phone. Roughly 18 days to go and then its done.

So I need around 50 days.

Like current content as in what is out in Japan? I'd just like to know i can get a couple months with these chars basically.

Global.

I don't really follow the jp other than the released units.

But you'll be doing fine with your current set up.

So if my team is
Chiz
Chiz
CoD
Vaan
Fina
(Sometimes Kefka)

And I have no other good units, should I pull for Lenna and WOL to upgrade my Vaan/Fina or should I save my tickets for Lightning?

I have 10 tickets and 12000 lapis, and I haven't bought the ticket bundle.

yeahhhhhh

Im never going to do this lol. Ill stick to pulls over time as long as the game keeps me engaged

Maybe someday some of my units will hit full trust naturally

CCIE

Banned
Nomar - you are pissing me off. Some of us cannot even draw the dude once....

Seriously, can you come over and pull for me?

cw_sasuke

Rixa is sacrificing himself so that we will have an incredible overpowered Ex-Death in our friendlist soon...a true bro, you guys should be more thankful xD

So if my team is
Chiz
Chiz
CoD
Vaan
Fina
(Sometimes Kefka)

And I have no other good units, should I pull for Lenna and WOL to upgrade my Vaan/Fina or should I save my tickets for Lightning?

I have 10 tickets and 12000 lapis, and I haven't bought the ticket bundle.
You already have a bunch of Top Tier units - you wont need a Tank anytime soon but Lenna obv. would be a Healer upgrade and WoL is future proof. If your goal is really to pull Lightning and you arent IAP - then you likely wanna skip this Gacha and most upcoming ones. Because you will need everything saved up to have a small chance at Lightning.

Then again all 3 boosted units are useful - so a couple of Tickets wont kill you.

Needs at least 16 more mages.

Only odd man out there would be Artemios who could be replaced by another support character but for the moment you should be absolutely fine with the current content.

Rixa

Rixa is sacrificing himself so that we will have an incredible overpowered Ex-Death in our friendlist soon...a true bro, you guys should be more thankful xD
Eh, thanks :D. Iam not sure why I started doing this what I do and not sure why I chose 4 Shants and Cecil, I had one Luna too. Oh well, Iam glad when this is done and I can actually burn my NRG fast :p

Eh, thanks :D. Iam not sure why I started doing this what I do and not sure why I chose 4 Shants and Cecil, I had one Luna too. Oh well, Iam glad when this is done and I can actually burn my NRG fast :p

Hence why i sent you a request

I wish I could favorite friends so that they are more likely to show up in my list lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom