• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg you guys. I decided to to the trust mastery grind while watching a couple movies today and......... HOW THE HELL CAN SOME OF YOU BOTHER TO DO THIS!!>!>!>!?!?!!??! Its insane to me. Those trust mastery moogles cant come soon enough.

Rixa

omg you guys. I decided to to the trust mastery grind while watching a couple movies today and......... HOW THE HELL CAN SOME OF YOU BOTHER TO DO THIS!!>!>!>!?!?!!??! Its insane to me. Those trust mastery moogles cant come soon enough.

:)

Obviously Gumi/Alim will nerf TMoogles :p

Emperor was released in the FF2 event (Maria upgraded to 5 star, Firion upgraded to 6 star, Guy released (3-5 star), Leonhart released (4-5 star), Emperor released (5-6 star) so yeah, he was the star of the batch.

It was released in june so it is still a long way to get released in global.

The names of his moves are absolutely hysterical. Man I need to not get fixated on wanting him ; ;

Dawg

i have become death, destroyer of worlds

CpMlQ1EXEAAcin3.jpg:large

CCIE

Banned
I'm not even being picky. I would gladly take any one of Snow, WoL, or Cecil. Any of the three will do. Chances are I will pull one off banner like I did yesterday for Bartz, Firion, and Vaan. Or they will have a rate-up for Cecil and I pull him. I might try a YOLO pull or two now that I've resigned myself to not getting WoL. Maybe it helps.

Did a Yolo pull and was hoping to get Lenna but got WoL of light.... again. I'm going to stop. I really wanted Lenna, but I don't want to tempt the RNG gods again.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! YAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had been thinking of doing a yolo pull since the banner hit because after using all my lapis for the 17 pulls at the start of the banner and some side quests, I ended up with seven hundred something lapis left over. I kept going back and forth on it because I'd just be annoyed if it was a crap character and what are the odds I'm going to get WoL after already trying 17 pulls? Well, basically just the right amount for a single pull so YOLO and a gold shows up. I can't bear it so I click it and slide the phone away from me, brace myself, and motherfucking WoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!! So with 18 pulls got all three banner people (multiple Lennas).

I finally have a tank and I believe he should be a real good physical damage character too, right? Tell me so because I need one hahaha Looks like I'll need more sacred crystals for WoL and Lenna but that can wait until after the cactuar event. I just need 4 more gigantuars to finish maxing Vaan and then I can use the rest on WoL. I think I'm going to save them for 5* only though so I'll try to get WoL and Lenna up with the ADV vortex first and then gigantuar the heck out of him when he's awakened.

So once I've leveled my new units, should look like this: WoL-Vaan-ExDeath-Kefka-Lenna

That team should be able to handle anything I'd think and I'm confident all will be 6* in time except possibly Lenna but I wouldn't be surprised if she got it too.

CCIE

Banned
I'll use my free ticket coming up on Monday for a pull I guess. Maybe I will sacrifice a live chicken or two for luck. Like Major League...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!! YAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had been thinking of doing a yolo pull since the banner hit because after using all my lapis for the 17 pulls at the start of the banner and some side quests, I ended up with seven hundred something lapis left over. I kept going back and forth on it because I'd just be annoyed if it was a crap character and what are the odds I'm going to get WoL after already trying 17 pulls? Well, basically just the right amount for a single pull so YOLO and a gold shows up. I can't bear it so I click it and slide the phone away from me, brace myself, and motherfucking WoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!! So with 18 pulls got all three banner people (multiple Lennas).

I finally have a tank and I believe he should be a real good physical damage character too, right? Tell me so because I need one hahaha Looks like I'll need more sacred crystals for WoL and Lenna but that can wait until after the cactuar event. I just need 4 more gigantuars to finish maxing Vaan and then I can use the rest on WoL. I think I'm going to save them for 5* only though so I'll try to get WoL and Lenna up with the ADV vortex first and then gigantuar the heck out of him when he's awakened.

So once I've leveled my new units, should look like this: WoL-Vaan-ExDeath-Kefka-Lenna

That team should be able to handle anything I'd think and I'm confident all will be 6* in time except possibly Lenna but I wouldn't be surprised if she got it too.
Awesome! Congrats. And man your team is insane.

Good luck if you do pull CCIE!

desverger

What happens if you use a 100% TM unit with a 0% TM unit ?

There was some misinformation here - fusing an unit with the same one does combine the TM % - you can try this yourself with some of the FP pulls.

I've fused a 2* FP unit with 20% TM to the same unit as 3* and the TM went up by 25%.

Slaythe

There was some misinformation here - fusing an unit with the same one does combine the TM % - you can try this yourself with some of the FP pulls.

I've fused a 2* FP unit with 20% TM to the same unit as 3* and the TM went up by 25%.

Yes but apparently if you reach 100%, it doesn't add up anymore.You only get the equivalent of 0%.

It would be too easy otherwise !

chrono01

Congrats! Insane luck right there.

Also...

So with 18 pulls got all three banner people (multiple Lennas).
closedoor.gif

CCIE

Banned
I'm so ****ing done with this banner. Another two four star crystals of CRAP! Seriously, I'm just plain pissed at this point. The game is mocking me with four stars out the yin-yang... of shit

Damnit, Squall -

I'm going to have to do a YOLO pull now. Congrats!
Haha I know that temptation feel. If you're feeling superstitious, the 17 pulls were all tickets but this Yolo pull was a 500 lapis pull. Mix it up for the hell of it. Good luck!!!
Grats Squall!!

Good Luck CCIE!!
Thank bro, you got your ExDeath and I got my tank. The banner of dreams.
Awesome! Congrats. And man your team is insane.

Good luck if you do pull CCIE!

Congrats! Insane luck right there.

Also...

closedoor.gif

Thanks, friends! You still didn't get a Lenna, Chrono? It truly is different for everyone. When I did the 17 ticket pull I was ecstatic when I got the first one and then it gave me like four more...I just know I have her Trust at 20 percent so think it had to have been that many more. You're going to get Lightning, friend. It all balances out! I just went all ham because there isn't another banner weekend I'm interested in anytime soon.

Now I eagerly await CCIE's BELIEVE pull. Edit: Just saw your post, sorry CCIE :( At least with more good tanks down the line you're sure to get one of them. You'll probably get WoL while trying to get something else on a later banner ;p

chrono01

Thanks, friends! You still didn't get a Lenna, Chrono? It truly is different for everyone. When I did the 17 ticket pull I was ecstatic when I got the first one and then it gave me like four more...I just know I have her Trust at 20 percent so think it had to have been that many more. You're going to get Lightning, friend. It all balances out! I just went all ham because there isn't another banner weekend I'm interested in anytime soon.
Not a single one (out of 13 pulls). The only banner character I got was a single Tellah, who is useless to me.

I haven't pulled anymore, since I'm just a little over 4k Lapis and want to save for the ticket bundles, if we do ever receive those. :(

But yes, Lightning would make it all okay, but given how much I wasted on this banner, I won't have much pulls left to actually try for her. Oh well.

desverger

Yes but apparently if you reach 100%, it doesn't add up anymore.You only get the equivalent of 0%.

It would be too easy otherwise !

Right, for some reason I read the question as "what happens if you fuse a 100% unit to a 0% unit"

Anyway, if you pull multiples of the same unit and are TM farming, it's probably better to put them in a same team. That way you can eventually fuse the % together and get the reward faster. Unless you're insane like Rixa :p

CCIE

Banned
Seriously...how ****ed up is it that I have pulled 9 orange crystals in 13 tries, and not ONE of them is the WoL character. What are the damn odds of that?

chrono01

Seriously...how ****ed up is it that I have pulled 9 orange crystals in 13 tries, and not ONE of them is the WoL character. What are the damn odds of that?
Such heartbreak. :(

At least they weren't 4* Shadow!

...Wait, they weren't 4* Shadow, were they?

Not a single one (out of 13 pulls). The only banner character I got was a single Tellah, who is useless to me.

I haven't pulled anymore, since I'm just a little over 4k Lapis and want to save for the ticket bundles, if we do ever receive those. :(

But yes, Lightning would make it all okay, but given how much I wasted on this banner, I won't have much pulls left to actually try for her. Oh well.

I would just look ahead and see if there's anyone you really want to pull within the next multiple months because otherwise you can always build your lapis back up. I'm dead broke on lapis now but don't care because those FFIX units aren't appealing. I think we expect Lightning after that and she's so freaking rare...I just figured this was a good banner to splurge on between WoL and Lenna. Always good to have an awesome consolation prize as an option. I wish you luck!

CCIE

Banned
4* Shadow, 4* Sabin... seriously, WTF?????? Oh, and another Tellah - down to 8K. No more damnit. I need a break because it just isn't going my way at ALL

4* Shadow, 4* Sabin... seriously, WTF??????

That actually happened on my big pull too. I almost quit getting excited about seeing a gold gem but knew it had to be that for WoL so didn't quite. One was Lenna which was great but then I had a Shadow, Rydia, Galuf, and some other scrubs that I don't even recall the name. It's cruel indeed. Only the "I have 700 lapis left to my name so who gives a shit?" technique worked. Yeah just take a break, the banner is going on for a while so you can space it out.

chrono01

I would just look ahead and see if there's anyone you really want to pull within the next multiple months because otherwise you can always build your lapis back up. I'm dead broke on lapis now but don't care because those FFIX units aren't appealing. I think we expect Lightning after that and she's so freaking rare...I just figured this was a good banner to splurge on between WoL and Lenna. Always good to have an awesome consolation prize as an option. I wish you luck!
The summer ticket bundles (300 Lapis each) were datamined a while ago but we haven't received them yet. Those should come soon, and if they last ten days (and allow multiple purchases), I'll need 3k Lapis for those. I'd like to try for Zidane, but if the rates are like this banner I probably won't even bother. I'd rather save everything I can, throw it on Lightning's banner, and hope I get something good out of it all. I don't expect to get her specifically, but maybe something from the pulls.

Seriously, 13 pulls and only one advertised unit? That seems a bit low, but then (judging from all of the other pulls here) I'm probably cursed.

4* Shadow, 4* Sabin... seriously, WTF??????
I'm so sorry.

CCIE

Banned
I know I shouldn't be upset. But I would love to know the odds of pulling 9 four star characters in 13 pulls to start, then not getting the boosted character with it... I only seem to be able to get Tellah, and I have three of that one.

The summer ticket bundles (300 Lapis each) were datamined a while ago but we haven't received them yet. Those should come soon, and if they last ten days (and allow multiple purchases), I'll need 3k Lapis for those. I'd like to try for Zidane, but if the rates are like this banner I probably won't even bother. I'd rather save everything I can, throw it on Lightning's banner, and hope I get something good out of it all. I don't expect to get her specifically, but maybe something from the pulls.

Seriously, 13 pulls and only one advertised unit? That seems a bit low, but then (judging from all of the other pulls here) I'm probably cursed.

I'm so sorry.

Fair enough, if that's coming soon then smart to make sure you can get it each day. I'd like Zidane for his TM too but not sure If I can enough to splurge to get him. maybe I'll do a handful of pulls.

Well, I actually only got one banner featured person in that many pulls too. Tellah was the 17th pull and WoL an independent pulled on a different day (today) which you could technically count as the 18th for this banner event. They want us to splurge and get to the point where we're desperate for more tries and spend money. Except for those lucky people that get them within 5 pulls, that's nuts haha I'm still lucky as hell to get them within 20 looking at what some people have done online and some of the posts here.

desverger

I know I shouldn't be upset. But I would love to know the odds of pulling 9 four star characters in 13 pulls to start, then not getting the boosted character with it... I only seem to be able to get Tellah, and I have three of that one.

All you need to know is that there's around 2% chance to get WoL, which is on average 50 pulls. As for a rate for a generic 4* pull that can be anything, it's probably around 10%. So the chances for getting 9 yellow crystals in 13 pulls are pretty astronomical :p

Anyhow, to my knowledge rarity doesn't mean anything, it's all about the individual character rates. The good ones will always be rare.

CCIE

Banned
Tellah's TMR isn't that great - MP+30% so think I'm going to fuse him. OTOH, I have three Luna's to work on Barrage now. So I think I will try and get Vox working and run a script at night - if they ban me so be it. I just need two working Barrage trust for Garland and Firion since a tank doesn't appear to be in my near future. I'll just have to adapt. I am so done with this banner - no more pulls for me. I won't pull again until a 3* unit is available that I want, though that didn't work for me with Lenna, either.

Which five star boost is better for my healer? I have only Maria and Krile to work with.

Broke down and made 5 pulls.

3* Russel
4*!... Maria
3*... no wait 4*!... Penelo
3* Kuja
Pull number 5... 4* WoL! My luck has not run out!!!

Made one more pull and got Tellah. Wanted Lenna. I'm not gonna tempt the RNG gods further.

You guys are making me want to pull for WOL again lol

Not gonna happen. Me getting Cecil off my last Yolo pull was a sign

Im sure of it

leehom

Tellah's TM is good. Oh, it's MP not MAG?

CCIE

Banned
DrRob - don't do it. You already have the best tank in the game. Cecil has 75% chance of protecting units with Saint Wall as a 6*

CCIE

Banned
It's not meant to be for me this banner. That is just plain obvious when you defy the odds to get 9 out of 13 orange crystals and it still doesn't work. I won't be dumb enough to pull on that again. I'll just build up my lapis, and try down the road for a different tank. Like Cecil

Azuran

Banned
Guys please stop posting all your Warrior of Light successes. It's just making CCIE even more depressed than she already is :_:

My WoL just learned Full Break which means my Bartz and Chizure are going to be so happy now. Ain't no stopping me now!

I'm so sorry CCIE!

Kouriozan

Gratz everyone who got WoL, he'll be super useful once the real events start dropping.
Maybe we should massively protest against the bad rates? like our famous #BetterPsn :p
Wait for Reddit meltdowns when the Lightning banner will be up.
Dunno if you followed Record Keeper subreddit when the Final Fantasy Tactics event was live, there was countless meltdowns and "letters to DeNA" because of the low rates. (Here's one of those famous threads)
This will be fun for sure :p

I haven't spent a cent yet and don't plan on ever doing so but if there's ever a unit that could break my resolve, you guys can guess which one ;p Who the heck knows when FF VIII will hit though considering Japan hasn't seen it yet. Probably before VII at least since as someone pointed out, they could be waiting for remake to hit for that one for maximum hype. When VIII hits Japan, I'll probably go into Lapis hoard mode so I'll have a million pulls ready for when it hits Global haha I WILL get Squall. I AM Squall.

Azuran

Banned
Gratz everyone who got WoL, he'll be super useful once the real events start dropping.
Wait for Reddit meltdowns when the Lightning banner will be up.
Dunno if you followed Record Keeper subreddit when the Final Fantasy Tactics event was live, there was countless meltdowns and "letters to DeNA" because of the low rates. (Here's one of those famous threads)
This will be fun for sure :p

LMAO so many salty people in that thread.

Guys please stop posting all your Warrior of Light successes. It's just making CCIE even more depressed than she already is :_:

My WoL just learned Full Break which means my Bartz and Chizure are going to be so happy now. Ain't no stopping me now!

I'm so sorry CCIE!

She shouldn't feel bad at all. I've decided to make me new must have unit the 5* Base Emperor! I'll be miserable forever!

Feep

Banned
Got a 4 star WoL after four ticket pulls. Felt super great!

But do I want a Lenna, too? She a White Mage? How much better than Fina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom