• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Okay, my hubby is pretty great... he asked me what was wrong, and I told him. Then, while trying not to laugh he asked me when I actually needed a tank, and not to be stupid and spend all the "crystals" I had saved up - he's watched me play this game for the last month. I told him I will probably need one in the next couple of months to keep playing.

He just looks at me while REALLY not trying to laugh, and says a couple of months?!?! Just be smart about it, and I'll get something later. And if worst comes to the absolute worst, we'll just spend until we get "something" that doesn't suck. He's like, "I think you make enough that we can spend some so that you can continue on with the game."

Wasn't even mad. He actually kind of laughed to see me out of sorts, because I NEVER get out of sorts. So, back to the game I go. Thanks to everyone on the board for your support!

Speaking from experience with such things, you will end up pulling WoL somewhere down the road when you absolutely do not expect to draw him. You will get him at some point chasing some other desirable unit in the future. That is almost a guaranteed certainty in gacha games*.

* Note: Logic may not necessarily apply to 5* base units and other stupidly rare draws, lol..

bonkeng

:p

Are you people nuts I fucking LOVE Kuja. Do you have any idea the struggle of thinking Kuja is a bad ass when people bring up FF villains?

If he gets a 6* I'll KILL myself to get him.

Just like the Emperor.

Who I WILL get.

I don't care what Valen says >.>

Please don't kill yourself lol.

He'll get a 6*.

Nobody thought Garland will get a 6*, but there he is.

Kuja's much more popular than Garland, so people will pull for him when there's a rate up. A 6* is guaranteed for Kuja. Garnet is a base 4*, so she'll get a 6* too i guess. Zidane Kuja and Garnet for 6* ff9 event lol.

Ib4 people saying Golbez didn't get a 6*. Golbez is not a main antagonist in ff4. He was brainwashed, brainwashed i say.

Valentus

If you have Lenna, there is absolutely no need to pull for a Garnet. If there is a useless batch, is the next one (the FF9 one), because none of the next units are mindblowing, either of usefulness or for their TMs.

Dont waste lapi in the next batch, its not worth, really (unless Zidane 3 star gets rate up... If gumi does a scummy move like only 4 star zidane gets rate up... Nope, dont waste lapi)

Dawg

My luck with this game is just so weird. My friends tell me I should be happy with a rare unit like WoL but I'm just so unlucky when it comes to the rest of my pulls.

It's like the last event where I spent 20 pulls (everything I had saved) and the only good thing I got was a rainbow crystal with Kefka. I was happy with Kefka, but everyone else was crap. A bunch of Shadows and Edgars.

Now the same thing happened. 12 pulls. Not a single unit I could use. Until a rainbow crystal appeared with WoL. It feels so weird knowing you got a top tier unit but at the same time everyone else you pulled was crap. If it wasn't for WoL, I'd be pretty mad.

I would kill for a good physical damage dealer like Garland right now. Or Vaan. Kefka and WoL are the only premium units on my main team right now. That's how bad everyone else is :p

I will say this though: getting a second rainbow crystal this soon after my first one made me feel pretty lucky :p

Kettch

Decided to finish pulling for Lenna after all, against my better judgement. Took 13 pulls in total. Only other notables were a 4* Shantotto that I didn't have yet, a Roselia right before Lenna and the good old 4* Shadow.

Ah well, at least I got her. Hopefully I'll have enough left for some Zidanes later.

CCIE

Banned
Congrats on the pulls! I have the opposite issue. I'm crawling with damage dealers, but no tank or healer. And we will see what happens with Zidane and Kuja on the next banner. I won't pull like I did before, but a good six pulls should be very doable.

scarlet

My luck with this game is just so weird. My friends tell me I should be happy with a rare unit like WoL but I'm just so unlucky when it comes to the rest of my pulls.

It's like the last event where I spent 20 pulls (everything I had saved) and the only good thing I got was a rainbow crystal with Kefka. I was happy with Kefka, but everyone else was crap. A bunch of Shadows and Edgars.

Now the same thing happened. 12 pulls. Not a single unit I could use. Until a rainbow crystal appeared with WoL. It feels so weird knowing you got a top tier unit but at the same time everyone else you pulled was crap. If it wasn't for WoL, I'd be pretty mad.

I would kill for a good physical damage dealer like Garland right now. Or Vaan. Kefka and WoL are the only premium units on my main team right now. That's how bad everyone else is :p

I will say this though: getting a second rainbow crystal this soon after my first one made me feel pretty lucky :p

Same. At the beginning I only had Exdeath and nothing. Then got Chizu. Those are my only best units until WoL and 2nd Exdeath.

Still need another physical unit. But for now I should be happy.

Xion86

I'm so happy I got Cloud of Darkness from my late night/what the hell/one last time pulls.

It's funny, this game is making me want to go back to older Final Fantasy titles to play them. Surprised how many of you are quite knowledgeable on the characters. I played 7 as a kid and was my favourite game, then played 8 onwards on launch day, but was a long time before I visited the older ones and got up to V (which I have on the PS Vita).

CCIE

Banned
I've been playing Final Fantasy since the original game. My favorite series. Between the PS4, and my phone I own basically all of them in some updated form.

Celegus

I've played all of them but 3 so this game is really cool to me. Pretty much all of them at launch as well aside from the very first one. Played FF2(4) and FF3(6) on my SNES as a kid and was totally hooked.

What this game does is make hope and pray and cry that we will never see another Dissidia game again, at least not like the PSP ones. So many sprite designs use Amano's original concept art just like Dissidia did.

Xion86

Oh wow that's cool CCIE :) I just remember school days and my dad took me to a shop which sells games to pick something new for my PlayStation. There was a whole section with loads of copies of Final Fantasy 7 (must have just come out) and my dad took a look and thought, what about this? I was just like...hmm looks okay I guess, I'll see...everything changed for me from that point onwards in terms of RPG games and the series :D. But I have only played ones after 7 once (and older ones on PSP/Vita), enjoyed a few of the Crystal Chronicals and other spin off titles too. Played 11 online for nearly 3 years when that was out, but not Realm Reborn (quit MMOs).

Only reason I'm playing this is due to the Final Fantasy name haha. i haven't re bought any on my iPad though, only FF7 on the PS4, just got the older ones on the Vita.

SNES was my first proper console, I wish I knew about the series then and picked it up. Don't think I've properly played V or VI to the end (which everyone is saying is one of the best), so I'll get round to them on my Vita one day (I may have played it and forgot to be honest). Now I think about it, I may have had a version on the PS1.

Lyrian

Long time FF player as well, started with FF2 (4) and went from there. Thus, why Rydia was my childhood FF idol.

What this game does is make hope and pray and cry that we will never see another Dissidia game again, at least not like the PSP ones. So many sprite designs use Amano's original concept art just like Dissidia did.

There's the Dissidia arcade game that should be coming out on PS4 after its had its arcade run in JP.

CCIE

Banned
FFIX is truly fantastic on mobile and PC. Between cheats, FF and the ability to cut down the original slow battles, it is amazing. I play it at some point every day... FFVI on mobile is controversial, but I love the sprites. FFT is my favorite FF game though it isn't an RPG. FFIV was amazing as well, especially the updated PSP version. I have FF1-3 For the PSP as well, though now it is the Vita. I still have FFVII, VIII, and FFXIII on the PS3, FFX and soon to be FFXII on the PS4 (remastered), and of course will have FFXV I will play with the hubby.

I like the series

Azuran

Banned
I've played all of them but 3 so this game is really cool to me. Pretty much all of them at launch as well aside from the very first one. Played FF2(4) and FF3(6) on my SNES as a kid and was totally hooked.

I've played everything but 2. Techincally, I played like an hour of it until I decided the leveling system and insane difficulty were too stupid for me to deal with.

My favorite game in the series is XI just because is the one I'm always going to have the fondest memories of. The Aeriths and Rinoas of this world will never come close to actually playing with other actual people.

XII is my favorite single player game just because I love the battle system so much. Shame they never made another one like it.

bonkeng

I'm so happy I got Cloud of Darkness from my late night/what the hell/one last time pulls.

It's funny, this game is making me want to go back to older Final Fantasy titles to play them. Surprised how many of you are quite knowledgeable on the characters. I played 7 as a kid and was my favourite game, then played 8 onwards on launch day, but was a long time before I visited the older ones and got up to V (which I have on the PS Vita).

This is what pulled me to this game. Because it's Final Fantasy. Was initially hesitant when i learned it's GUMI again handling global.

I've played all ff except 11, 14 and ff13-3 (i have the game but didn't play it yet).

I recently pulled Celes, even though I know she's just mediocre in ffbe, I'm very happy because she's one of the best character in ff6.

Zhadgon

So I am long time lurker and decide to play the game, my luck has not been good but at least I am having fun with it.

I decided to spend all my tickets in this banner to get a better team so right now I am out of resources.

My team consist of this:

*5 Lasswell lv 67
*5 Duane lv 30
*5 Rain lv 52
*5 Fina lv 36
*5 Locke lv 36

Other units that I have:

*3 Cloud of Darkness lv 39
*3 Tellah lv 1 (four of them)
*3 Locke lv 1
*4 Vivi lv 41
*3 Shantotto lv1 (two of them)

I accept any kind of help and comments to improve my team by the way what I am suppose to do with the units that I have more than one.

Good luck hunting for those rare units.

.n_n.

This is what pulled me to this game. Because it's Final Fantasy. Was initially hesitant when i learned it's GUMI again handling global.

I've played all ff except 11, 14 and ff13-3 (i have the game but didn't play it yet).

I recently pulled Celes, even though I know she's just mediocre in ffbe, I'm very happy because she's one of the best character in ff6.

I have Locke but Not Celes yet

My heart is aching!!!

Celegus

I've played everything but 2. Techincally, I played like an hour of it until I decided the leveling system and insane difficulty were too stupid for me to deal with.

My favorite game in the series is XI just because is the one I'm always going to have the fondest memories of. The Aeriths and Rinoas of this world will never come close to actually playing with other actual people.

XII is my favorite single player game just because I love the battle system so much. Shame they never made another one like it.

Yeah 2 is definitely skippable, didn't care for that at all when I played the GBA version. Xenoblade Chronicles is the closest thing I've seen to XII, and also incredible.

My heart is aching!!!

Her sprite is gorgeous, one of the best in the game. I wish I had her too.

Lyrian

My heart is aching!!!

Bah, I have neither still. :/

How many moogles does one have to sacrifice to Diablos to get a great success on a cactaur feed in this event:/ 0 for everything on great successes.

Finally, after 2 days, have Artemios up and running. Swapped out Lasswell for him and tricked him out as best I could. Enjoy the barrage with lots of killer abilities, everyone :)

Valonquar

Got 500 from max dmg trophy and tried a pull:
Shadow (off to a good start)

Well...went full whale becaue I have poor impulse control ;_;

1st 11:
Luna
Cecil
GOLD!...Roselia my 3rd and moot since I have Lenna to raise
Shantotto
Tellah
Rakshasa
Lenna
Cerius
Shantotto
Lenna
Shantotto
2nd 11:
Edgar
Luna
Shadow
Shadow again FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Lenna
GOLD!....Luna
Firion
Russell
Lenna
Shantotto
Shantotto
3rd 11:
Cyan
Kain
Russel
Luna
Lenna
Bedile
Kain
Bedile
EXDEATH (My 2nd)
Fran
Garland

Having mixed feelings. Definately will put all those shantottos through the grinder for my mages. A few good repolacements for my storyliners...fuck it I'll use up the rest of the lapis...

Vivi
Sabin
Tellah
Penello
...last oneASDKALaLDRAINBOWPULLAJKDLSJDWIADJWI
AZWP7hM.jpg

1st 11:
Luna
Cecil
Shantotto
Tellah
Rakshasa
Lenna
Cerius
Shantotto
Lenna
Shantotto
2nd 11:
Edgar
Luna
Shadow
Lenna
GOLD!....Luna
Firion
Russell
Lenna
Shantotto
Shantotto
3rd 11:
Cyan
Kain
Russel
Luna
Lenna
Bedile
Kain
Bedile
EXDEATH (My 2nd)
Fran
Garland

Having mixed feelings. Definately will put all those shantottos through the grinder for my mages. A few good repolacements for my storyliners...fuck it I'll use up the rest of the lapis...

Vivi
Sabin
Tellah
Penello
AZWP7hM.jpg

Damn whales making me want to pull!

Grats dude thats awesome

Valentus

well, at least you got WoL 5 star AND 4 shantottos to get MAG +30% for your exdeath lol.

congratz.

plz dont pull in the FF9 banner, really is a waste of money.

Valonquar

Won't need to pull in the 9 banner. Already have 2 Zidanes I'm grinding atm. 2 DWs should be enough. Got a LOT of TM grinds to accomplish after blowin the load tonight. Still miffed no Miyuki pulls tho.

NomarTyme

I want DW for my Mages too. So going to farm for more than 4 Zidanes!

Garnet is crap for a 4star with a crap TM
Amarant is average with a crap TM
Freya is.... i dont know how to catalog her lol... Her TM is nice but very very niche
Lani is Shadow/Fran tier

Good to know. Going to give my Lapis a rest...

Heng

So I am long time lurker and decide to play the game, my luck has not been good but at least I am having fun with it.

I decided to spend all my tickets in this banner to get a better team so right now I am out of resources.

My team consist of this:

*5 Lasswell lv 67
*5 Duane lv 30
*5 Rain lv 52
*5 Fina lv 36
*5 Locke lv 36

Other units that I have:

*3 Cloud of Darkness lv 39
*3 Tellah lv 1 (four of them)
*3 Locke lv 1
*4 Vivi lv 41
*3 Shantotto lv1 (two of them)

I accept any kind of help and comments to improve my team by the way what I am suppose to do with the units that I have more than one.

Good luck hunting for those rare units.

.n_n.
Nice team. I would try to level CoD ASAP since she'll be really strong once she gets her 6 star form. You also have Locke, which his TM is probably the best for CoD (I don't know if the Japanese version of the game has a better weapon for her or not). Tellah is also a nice unit, he can dish out decent damage and toss out heal/raise when needed.

I would personally use:
Lasswell, Locke, CoD, Fina, and Tellah.

If you can stomach TM grinding (or use a macro): Shantotto x2, Locke x2, and Tellah. It's really not needed (yet) and by the time it is, they'll probably introduce moogle trust potions by then.

NomarTyme

1st 11:
Luna
Cecil
Shantotto
Tellah
Rakshasa
Lenna
Cerius
Shantotto
Lenna
Shantotto
2nd 11:
Edgar
Luna
Shadow
Lenna
GOLD!....Luna
Firion
Russell
Lenna
Shantotto
Shantotto
3rd 11:
Cyan
Kain
Russel
Luna
Lenna
Bedile
Kain
Bedile
EXDEATH (My 2nd)
Fran
Garland

Vivi
Sabin
Tellah
Penello
AZWP7hM.jpg
Pretty damn good pulls. Wow.

Zhadgon

Nice team. I would try to level CoD ASAP since she'll be really strong once she gets her 6 star form. You also have Locke, which his TM is probably the best for CoD (I don't know if the Japanese version of the game has a better weapon for her or not). Tellah is also a nice unit, he can dish out decent damage and toss out heal/raise when needed.

I would personally use:
Lasswell, Locke, CoD, Fina, and Tellah.

If you can stomach TM grinding (or use a macro): Shantotto x2, Locke x2, and Tellah. It's really not needed (yet) and by the time it is, they'll probably introduce moogle trust potions by then.

Yeah I will save a bunch of Cactuars for CoD and level her up to 5 star.

The team that you recommend looks good and balanced I will try it out.

Do you have any suggestions on which character should I equip each esper (I am missing Ramuh).

Thanks again.

.n_n.

Valentus

What about Kuja?

We had that conversation before ;P

If Zidane and Kuja appears in the rates up without tricks (plain 3star rate up) even i will pull for 3 o 4 zidanes for dual weild, but only for the new units, really, its a waste of money. Save your lapis for really important pulls. The FF9 units are just filler.

Heng

Yeah I will save a bunch of Cactuars for CoD and level her up to 5 star.

The team that you recommend looks good and balanced I will try it out.

Do you have any suggestions on which character should I equip each esper (I am missing Ramuh).

Thanks again.

.n_n.
If you have the katana from the white dragon, I would set it up this way:

Ifrit - Lasswell
Golem - CoD
Siren - Fina
Shiva - Tellah
Locke - none

You could also switch CoD and Lasswell around, but then Raging Fist from Ifrit won't be utilized since Barrage is better. Without the Katana from White Dragon, Lasswell will be useless with Raging Fist since you'll probably squeeze out more DPS giving CoD the extra attack instead.

Zhadgon

If you have the katana from the white dragon, I would set it up this way:

Ifrit - Lasswell
Golem - CoD
Siren - Fina
Shiva - Tellah
Locke - none

You could also switch CoD and Lasswell around, but then Raging Fist from Ifrit won't be utilized since Barrage is better. Without the Katana from White Dragon, Lasswell will be useless with Raging Fist since you'll probably squeeze out more DPS giving CoD the extra attack instead.

At what lv do you recommend the white dragon? The last time I try it, didn't go so well.

.n_n.

fester

Banned
Did some house cleaning and freed up 8 more friend spots if anyone is still looking for them:

I don't normally friend low-rank players, so make sure you mention GAF.

CCIE

Banned
I know the FF9 units aren't the best, but it is my favorite. I'm going to try for Zidane and Kuja, but only a few pulls. What's a few more tickets down the drain? Then I will wait for the FFXIII banner, but not for Lightening. I'm going to try for Hope and Snow. I figure one of the tanks will come my way by then.

If that doesn't work, I will wait for the next FF4 banner and go all in for Cecil. And last of all, I will spend all that I have left on the FF3 banner when it comes. All in for Refia and Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom