• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heng

At what lv do you recommend the white dragon? The last time I try it, didn't go so well.

.n_n.
You could do it now if you want to test your luck with RNG. The white dragon can be poisoned/paralyze so all you have to do is bring someone with those spell and keep trying it until it works. There's some units in the FP, like Wedge (or Biggs, I don't remember which) and Rizer.

My party would be perfect if I had a Lenna... but I want to save my pulls... but she's the best healer and replaces Fina... what do, Gaf? I have 15 tickets and 6000 lapis.

bonkeng

My party would be perfect if I had a Lenna... but I want to save my pulls... but she's the best healer and replaces Fina... what do, Gaf? I have 15 tickets and 6000 lapis.

Go for it. Lenna is much easier to pull than anyone else. My 11 ticket pull netted me 5 Lenna's.

Go for it. Lenna is much easier to pull than anyone else. My 11 ticket pull netted me 5 Lenna's.
You convinced me.

Told myself 5 more pulls and that's it.

All 3*.

Luna... it rhymes with Lenna, right?
Luna
Luna you have to be fucking kidding me
Cyan arghhh you motherfu-
Lenna *whew

Am saving the rest for the white whale, the holy grail, Lightning herself.

So should my party now be

Chiz
Chiz
WoL instead of Vaan
Lenna instead of Fina
CoD

And my mage party
Lenna
Kuja
Kefka
Terrah
Vaan?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man finally got Kefka to 5* rarity - now lets see how high i can get him before the Cactuar Event ends.

You convinced me.

All 3*.

Luna
Lenna *whew

Am saving rest for the white whale, the holy grail, Lightning herself.

Chiz
Chiz
WoL instead of Vaan
Lenna instead of Fina
CoD

And my mage party
Lenna
Kuja
Kefka
Terrah
Vaan?

3x Luna isnt so bad actually - gotta get that Barrage TM at some point. Congrats on Lenna though.

I've noticed that despite all of my luck with the units I pull I've always pulled the lowest rarity for those units. Never seen a rainbow crystal.

I live in the awakening vortex.

bonkeng

You convinced me.

All 3*.

Luna
Lenna *whew

Am saving the rest for the white whale, the holy grail, Lightning herself.

Chiz
Chiz
WoL instead of Vaan
Lenna instead of Fina
CoD

And my mage party
Lenna
Kuja
Kefka
Terrah
Vaan?

Congratz on Lenna. That's a killer team you got.

Have yet to get a triple barrage party myself.

Maybe farm those Luna's and stick a barrage to WoL as well?

Why not? Quad barrage and cheer should do some work.

I'll get right to trust farming whenever I'm allowed to leave the awakening vortex. I just need to rank up Lenna twice and WoL once... and Kuja and Terrah eventually. Actually, when should I trust farm? I only have an energy cap of 42 right now. Should I farm rank exp for a while?

bonkeng

Why not? Quad barrage and cheer should do some work.

I'll get right to trust farming whenever I'm allowed to leave the awakening vortex. I just need to rank up Lenna twice and WoL once... and Kuja and Terrah eventually. Actually, when should I trust farm? I only have an energy cap of 42 right now. Should I farm rank exp for a while?

To me rank is not too important. Unlike other gacha games, ffbe doesn't come with unit/party cost. You can be rank 1 and have a team of all 6* right off the bat.

TM grinding is the most time consuming but ultimately gets the most OP abilities and equipments in the game.

Here's the math:

Each quests have a 10% chance to get 0.1 TM up.

10 runs gets you a 0.1

100 runs gets you 1.0

10,000 runs will theoretically get you 100%

That's 10k nrg if you do Earth Shrine runs. This is the fastest btw.

10k nrg is 50k minutes.

50k minutes is 833hrs.

833 hrs is 34.7 days.

35 days of straight up running Earth Shrines without doing anything else.

Maledict

What's the best strategy for leveling up a party with cactus's? I currently have:

Level 80 Chizuru
Level 55 five star Rain
Level 60 four star Artemios
Level 48 four star Lenna
Level 48 four star Tellah

I'm presuming that as Rain is a growth 2 character I should just let him level up naturally as its so easy, but am I better off using the rest of the cactus event to just power up one of the other three or all of them? And if so which one? Artemios for a second Barrage or Lenna for her level 80 cheer ability.

Xion86

Damn! Can't believe the luck on some of you for getting WoL recently! Congratulations! I've spent far too much trying to get him and no luck so definitely stopping now, I just hope I get a decent tank in few months down the line. Very happy I got Cloud of Darkness though.

I've totally ran out of Gil now...urgh..

Quick question...if you get the TM to 100 for a character, is it okay to sell them? You still keep the TM right, or not? This is for the lower characters from friends points which I've got 100 with, and now getting 100 for the next duplicate.

CCIE

Banned
That's it.. I'm done. All crystals are gone, I have Lenna, a thousand Tellahs, and Kuja to show for it. Who wants my account? I'm giving it away... I hate this game. It's just aggravating now, and no fun at all. I don't know what I was thinking picking up one of these. They nerfed the daily rewards, the cactuar dunes, everything - cannot believe I won't be able to max one character on this stupid event. It's nothing but a damn grind, and not worth the aggravation. I am going back to FFIX, which is at least fun

I'll keep checking in once a day for awhile to see if things improve, but I somehow doubt it

wilstreak

I'm done with this game... deleted it from my phone, and I'm out. You guys enjoy. Fuck Gumi and their bullshit summon rates. The game, the cactuars - they nerfed everything and I no longer enjoy it.

Have fun all

to be honest this game has the more generous summon rate compared to other f2p that i have played.
my previous f2p One Piece Treasure Cruise as comparison has more hellish summon rate for rare unit.
At least in this game, almost all good unit have their 3 star form which is not too hard to comes by.

I hope you change your mind and install it again.

That's it.. I'm done. All crystals are gone, I have Lenna, a thousand Tellahs, and Kuja to show for it. Who wants my account? I'm giving it away... I hate this game. It's just aggravating now, and no fun at all. I don't know what I was thinking picking up one of these. They nerfed the daily rewards, the cactuar dunes, everything - cannot believe I won't be able to max one character on this stupid event. It's nothing but a damn grind, and not worth the aggravation. I am going back to FFIX, which is at least fun

I'll keep checking in once a day for awhile to see if things improve, but I somehow doubt it

Ummmm, this is a joke right >.>

cw_sasuke

I'm done with this game... deleted it from my phone, and I'm out. You guys enjoy. Fuck Gumi and their bullshit summon rates. The game, the cactuars - they nerfed everything and I no longer enjoy it.

Have fun all

And this is the reason why you never wanna go all out on a Gacha...if you dont get the unit you were aiming for you will be very pissed.

I learned it the hard way as well - if you are out for now you could still give it a shot and reroll for Lightning once she comes back. With her you would be pretty much set for a long time from what i have heard.

PS. The nerved Cactuar Event really sucks though :-/

Celegus

Yikes. I personally don't understand the rage-pulling thing in stuff like this. I wouldn't mind throwing them a few dollars, but everything seems outrageously expensive so I just totally ignore the shop. I get what I get and that's good enough.

cw_sasuke

Yikes. I personally don't understand the rage-pulling thing in stuff like this. I wouldn't mind throwing them a few dollars, but everything seems outrageously expensive so I just totally ignore the shop. I get what I get and that's good enough.

Yup, try to limit yourself to like 2-3 pulls on good Gachas and you should be fine as a f2p player. I went with 6 pulls this time after my first 3 sucked, because this Event had 2 units i wanted and one of them (WoL) was the only main role (Tank) i was missing.

Sometimes you just have to retreat to fight another day. Look how many pulled for WoL this time but got units like Bartz, Chizu etc. - there will be enough chances to get other units down the line.

CCIE

Banned
How can someone use 14000 lapis worth of crystals and not pull one three or four star tank? How? How come it literally took my last 8000 just to pull Lenna, who is a damned three star unit? How come the cactuars can't seem to drop jack crap anymore, and numerous people have noticed it?

My account has a lot going for it, but it's simply depressing at this point. All I do is grind, level up units, and yearn after some units that I'll never get. In 16 more pulls on this banner, I managed to pull more four star trash, Lenna, another six freaking Tellahs, and a five star Kuja (He's awesome, though). That's it... I have six HR, more materials than anyone can count, and everything else. And all I have to look forward to is spending the next week or more in the Awakening Vortex to level up units, then more megacrysts for HR, etc...

The last straw is the cactuar event and the bullshit drop rates... might as well not even bother, because I get nothing better than the ADV Experience vortex. SIX big cactuars in the last HALF of a DAY!!! The complete shit Gravity Rod, etc... I'm aggravated, tired, and need a break from this game. I will do nothing but log in, give gifts, and get my MEASLY 50 lapis (FUCK YOU GUMI, CHEAP BASTARDS, not even 100) for the next week. And I will level up Lenna. But my love of the game is gone...

CCIE

Banned
Sasuke - I'm not just an F2P player. I spent money on this, and it's just aggravating. I understand not getting the best units. I resigned myself to no WoL. But seriously not even able to pull a 3* Lenna? In what comes out to 38 total pulls, it is unbelievable that out of 26 four star crystals, I cannot seem to get anything decent. I actually began to hope to see nothing but blue because the gold would be a trash unit.

And with my very last pull, I got Lenna. Like the game is simply mocking me...

I didn't even rage pull. I carefully pulled three times each over a period of half a day. With breaks in-between... And it is depressing to think that I have nothing left to do but level some units, grind TMR (that is depressing), and wait for more content... And over the next week, I will get enough lapis for a half of a unit! 50 a day is a complete joke. I'll keep playing in order to give gifts out, and to level the units, but if things don't change with the daily rewards next month I'm out. And I'm not going to let this game rule my life for the next month either like it has. I'm indifferent to it all now. At least I got Lenna. Someone might enjoy my account when I'm done

I dont get the catuar "nerf"
Seems exactly the same rate to me and its been working out fine

Sorry but the RNG demon has infected some of you guys

Maxed out my COD and Firion so Far

kefka is now 71.

CCIE

Banned
DrRob - I'm glad it's working for you. I truly am. But I had a brand new Vaan at the start of this event, and using a timer on my phone to max out the time (sad I know), I won't even be able to max ONE unit because of the crap drop rate. Not to mention the other five that I have to level after the event.

I know things don't go right all the time, and RNG can be a cruel mistress. But I am seriously thinking of moving to the Japanese version of the game where things are much more generous. The great thing to look forward to is that it will take two weeks to obtain enough lapis for one unit. Three a month. Not to mention, the lack of any daily rewards worth a crap. I guess I will continue on, but I understand people who say it is nothing but a grind.

I will log in and get my measly 50 lapis, and build things back up. I have enough units to probably get a long way in the game. But the way things have hit a wall is depressing. And I truly wish I was F2P -- game isn't worth the money I spent. I'll not spend another dime on it. At least I did get Lenna with the very last pull.

Well what works for me is treating this as a casual play game

Sinces its on my phone i just do what i can with the little moments get. Knock out dailies and farm vortex events.

Im actually looking forward to the end of thesese vortex events so i can get back to the main game again lol

scarlet

I dont get the catuar "nerf"
Seems exactly the same rate to me and its been working out fine

Sorry but the RNG demon has infected some of you guys

Maxed out my COD and Firion so Far

kefka is now 71.

Only had 3 Gigantuars in a single run once since yesterday :(

I'm actually kinda burned out too with this game, only had 3 gold crystals out of 23, luckily the last one was WoL. If it wasn't him, I'd probably already stop playing now, cuz I'm not interested doing the rest.

Just take a break for a while, it will do you good.

Valentus

I remember when we were complaining about pulling 4x Kain during softlaunch.

yeah, thanks to that i have gungnir now LOL.

CCIE, thats how gatcha games work, im really sorry that reading your summon history, your luck really suck, i installed the JP version and managed to advance through the game and collect enough lapi to do about 35 summons (plus the generous gifts the Japan version give to us, plus some compensation Alim give the players just in this time)

With a poll of characters 3x bigger than global i did 35 summons... My best pull was a garland... the rest if it wasnt for the kanjis, i can assume it was a global account lmao.

That's how it works, its just luck, there was some time that Brave Frontier was just that infuriating (and there is worst because there are summon units that only appear in one time and if you dont summon it in that time, they wont come back ever, so imagine spent all your gems and dont summon that limited-time unit)

It sucks if you retire, but if you cant handle it, its the best. Just dont give away your account, its like give away money, just give a rest from the game, i think you take it too seriously, and that's the problem.

H3xum

So I have a maxed Chiz, Kefka, Rain Fina and Vivi

I pulled a bunch (didn't get a freaking WoL) but I did get a Leo, Kuja, Bartz, 5 star Tellah, and 4 star Krille.

How should I prioritize them?

I know Bartz is a killer still, so he'll definitely be first, but after that I'm not sure. Is Leo worth it? I heard Krille's 5* upgrade actually makes her pretty solid.

Azuran

Banned
Well what works for me is treating this as a casual play game

Sinces its on my phone i just do what i can with the little moments get. Knock out dailies and farm vortex events.

Im actually looking forward to the end of thesese vortex events so i can get back to the main game again lol

Yeah these kinds of game work a lot better when they're nothing more than side games you check a couple of times a day. You get less invested, especially when the RNG goes against you, if you're playing something else at the same time like I am.

At the end of the day if just luck if you don't get what you want even after spending money. I've played Final Fantasy XI for like 3 years so I perfectly know what terrible drop rates are.

CCIE

Banned
I do take it too seriously... I'm going to treat it like a game, and just pick it up when I have time. I'm not sure why I've let it effect me so much - it's very weird. I'll continue on, but I'm going to limit myself to a few minutes of play every few hours just to level units. That's all I have to do anyway...

I figure by the time new content comes available, I will have some new units leveled, and it works much easier to just do the ADV Vortex so I don't invest much time. I'll be behind on TMR grinding, hero rings, etc... But at least I might be sane again. I think I'm just burned out. I think the grinding was the part that got to me. I was looking for some new units just to alleviate boredom with the game. I'll just play it to continue with the story, realize I will never have a powerful team, and just enjoy it when I can. I'm done with the grinding, and taking any of it seriously. It is just a game, and not one I will be putting any more money into.

Thanks all for the kind words... I'll be watching the thread, but not really posting much for awhile. I have some work to do anyways.

scarlet

So I have a maxed Chiz, Kefka, Rain Fina and Vivi

I pulled a bunch (didn't get a freaking WoL) but I did get a Leo, Kuja, Bartz, 5 star Tellah, and 4 star Krille.

How should I prioritize them?

I know Bartz is a killer still, so he'll definitely be first, but after that I'm not sure. Is Leo worth it? I heard Krille's 5* upgrade actually makes her pretty solid.

Bartz

Tellah replacing Vivi

Leo (replacing Rain) and Krille's dual cast will help you if you haven't finished current content.

Have no idea about Kuja's skills.

Yeah these kinds of game work a lot better when they're nothing more than side games you check a couple of times a day. You get less invested, especially when the RNG goes against you, if you're playing something else at the same time like I am.

At the end of the day if just luck if you don't get what you want even after spending money. I've played Final Fantasy XI for like 3 years so I perfectly know what terrible drop rates are.

Now I remember I've been ignoring FF VI for almost a week. Need to get that ultima from Odin while charging my NRG.

I do take it too seriously... I'm going to treat it like a game, and just pick it up when I have time. I'm not sure why I've let it effect me so much - it's very weird. I'll continue on, but I'm going to limit myself to a few minutes of play every few hours just to level units. That's all I have to do anyway...

I figure by the time new content comes available, I will have some new units leveled. I'll be behind on TMR grinding, hero rings, etc... But at least I might be sane again. I think I'm just burned out. I think the grinding was the part that got to me. I'll just play it to continue with the story, realize I will never have a powerful team, and just enjoy it when I can. I'm done with the grinding, and taking any of it seriously

Its the social aspect im thinking

Trying to run all this stuff together and getting banner fever

Affected me as well lol

Valentus

you will have a powerfull team... everyone will have one lol, the problem is you have one now, and for what, if there is no content to challenge anyway. There is no fucking pvp anyway.

Something that i learned in gatcha summon is that not everytime all pulls suck. If your pulls suck now, in the future eventually you will get the good pulls when you wont see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom