• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm going to be the guy who points this out. You're only going to be 'behind' on TM farming when measuring against an absolutely insane yardstick.

Xion86

That's it.. I'm done. All crystals are gone, I have Lenna, a thousand Tellahs, and Kuja to show for it. Who wants my account? I'm giving it away... I hate this game. It's just aggravating now, and no fun at all. I don't know what I was thinking picking up one of these. They nerfed the daily rewards, the cactuar dunes, everything - cannot believe I won't be able to max one character on this stupid event. It's nothing but a damn grind, and not worth the aggravation. I am going back to FFIX, which is at least fun

I'll keep checking in once a day for awhile to see if things improve, but I somehow doubt it

Noooo CCIE don't give up now :( think of everything you have put in so far. Lots of fun times ahead!

Zhadgon

You could do it now if you want to test your luck with RNG. The white dragon can be poisoned/paralyze so all you have to do is bring someone with those spell and keep trying it until it works. There's some units in the FP, like Wedge (or Biggs, I don't remember which) and Rizer.

Thanks I will try that.

.n_n.

desverger

Pretty sure the cactuar event has the same drop rate. The thing that sucks though, is that there isn't a success boost, so it's making the gigantuars *feel* a lot less than they actually are.

Valonquar

Decided to invent in some cactuars. WoL up to 71 already! Goodbye forever Rain.

Sucks you didn't get anything on that 11 pull Chilly :/

Xion86

Definitely going full F2P now. I've got units that are strong enough to keep me going even though I haven't got one of the decent tanks. Crazy the amount of tickets I blitz though without any WoL or Chiz, quite scary actually. Time to get that rod next then aim to get some Gil to use my Cactuars.

BPBiorr

I hope Gumi eventually implementes a similar gatcha system to what's currently in Brave Frontier in which the banners pull rates increase with consecutive pulls up to a maximum of x10 and a guaranteed pull on the 30th try.

It seems unlikely because it would effective Gumi profit wise but I can still hope lol

Kouriozan

Had a lot of "daily players" with last playing 5+ days, time to clean up!

If you still don't have me, a 258 MAG Exdeath is waiting for you : 464,761,570

Heng

What's the best strategy for leveling up a party with cactus's? I currently have:

Level 80 Chizuru
Level 55 five star Rain
Level 60 four star Artemios
Level 48 four star Lenna
Level 48 four star Tellah
What other characters do you have? Do you have a need for Tellah at all? Lenna should definitely be one you should level out of the bunch, maybe even Artemios.

That's what I keep asking - I cannot believe anyone is actually doing this. Unless folks are using some sort of auto running program on a PC?
It's much easier with a rooted Android or a iPhone (s7?) since you can just run a macro and have it do it for you while you do something else.

PS. The nerved Cactuar Event really sucks though :-/
Wait is it really nerfed? Is it the drop rate or the XP for running it? I must've been getting lucky in terms of drops then.

BAHAHAHA GRAVITY ROD IS MINE

CCIE I'm sorry things have been rough. Like it was said above, I think what makes it worse is the social aspect of it all. Having everyone talk about what they pulled, WoL or otherwise, when your pulls are shit can be more than disheartening.

Hell look at me this morning, got absolutely nothing out of 11 pulls! I'm frustrated yes but I suppose its all part of the way these games work. I myself might get burnt out at some point too but for the moment I am finding things for myself to do and that seems to be enough.

Don't you give up!!

CCIE

Banned
Yes, I'm full F2P as well... I have enough to continue with the game, and I did manage to get Lenna, and some other good units that will get a six star eventually. I'm going to be leveling units until hell freezes over, and I agree with someone on here. I'm done trying to "keep up" in this game. That is the problem - I keep trying to measure my team against some insane yard stick. I'll get waxed in PvP, but should be fine for everything else. Probably won't even try PvP at all.

I'm missing a tank, but I will make do. I have some great units to work with, a family that loves me, and some good friends on this board. I'll never have a decent trust reward, but that is okay. I don't want to give up my life to grind for stuff in the game anymore. In fact if it feels like a grind I might have to put it down for awhile.

I did manage to pull Kuja, who is my favorite villain. The good news is I now won't be able to spend more than a few tickets per banner - which is just fine. Too damn stressful having that many tickets anyway.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - congrats on the Gravity Rod! That is quite an accomplishment, given how stupid the requirements were to make it.

bonkeng

@CCIE: If I remember correctly, you pulled 4 top tier in that 38 pulls. You're luckier than you give yourself credit.

My alt pulled WoL, on the very last pull, 37th I think. But got nothing in between. Got 11 Lennas and 7 Tellahs. It would have been great if their TM's are good, but it's just meh for me.

You shouldn't give up just because you didn't get what you aimed for. Look at what you have and you'll realize you have a much better account than 90% of the players out there. Some are just content with 1 or 2 top tiers in their account. I think you have more than 5.

If you feel burned out, just stop for a few days. It'll get better sooner than you think.

Again, the absolutely fucking nerfed the Cactuar drop rate lol The first day of the last event the giant versions were dropping like CANDY FROM JESUS and there was a noticeable reduction in this the next day and during this event.

See at least you got Kuja! I would have killed for him!

I did get a 5* Penelo.

So I guess I'm the luckiest girl in town.

CCIE

Banned
Bonkeng - you are right. I have a LOT of good units. I know because I was just filtering through them. I have by my count six units to level up, so I will keep with it. I just have to mix it up.

And I'm not joking. Kind of glad I don't have all those tickets anymore - the pressure of pulling something decent with so many tickets is quite a bit. I should be able to pull no more than 3-4 times per banner I'm interested in, so the pressure won't be that bad anymore. The lack of a tank is a real bummer, but I'll just run full nuke.

I could run a full mage team, and a full physical team if I wanted. My account isn't that bad, and I would be stupid to give it up. Also, you aren't on my friends list for some reason. I'll kick some idle person to make room

What is your ID again?

Maledict

What other characters do you have? Do you have a need for Tellah at all? Lenna should definitely be one you should level out of the bunch, maybe even Artemios.

It's much easier with a rooted Android or a iPhone (s7?) since you can just run a macro and have it do it for you while you do something else.

My other units are all junk. Bedile, Fran, Penelo, Shadow, Kain, Russell, Vivi - Tellah is literally my only other potential 5 star unit except for the original cast. I figured he would be useful for the party so that I have a mage, and also a back up healer with Raise if needs be for hard content.

Again, the absolutely fucking nerfed the Cactuar drop rate lol The first day of the last event the giant versions were dropping like CANDY FROM JESUS and there was a noticeable reduction in this the next day and during this event.

See at least you got Kuja! I would have killed for him!

I did get a 5* Penelo.

So I guess I'm the luckiest girl in town.
I'm getting more today than i was yesterday. Ive gotten 2 or 3 doubles this morning already. Gotten 27 giants in my inventory and only stopped leveling units last night around 5 or 6.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - believe it or not, I haven't pulled a Penelo yet. Every other crap unit, but not that one. And yes, I am stoked about Kuja.

For the next few weeks I will be leveling up the secondary team. Vaan will be my new star unit if I could just get him maxed today. Then I will work on Lenna, Tellah, both Bartz, Firion, and Kuja. I'm going to level them all and just sub them in as I see fit. That's all I will really be doing other than occasional HR farming for the next few weeks solid.

I've decided screw it, I'm going full on nuke from now on. I'm going to use Barrage like it is going out of style, and nuke the crap out of everything. I seem to pull so many Luna's that I already have 45% TMR on her just from combining units.

Once again, thanks for the kind words

bonkeng

Bonkeng - you are right. I have a LOT of good units. I know because I was just filtering through them. I have by my count six units to level up, so I will keep with it. I just have to mix it up.

And I'm not joking. Kind of glad I don't have all those tickets anymore - the pressure of pulling something decent with so many tickets is quite a bit. I should be able to pull no more than 3-4 times per banner I'm interested in, so the pressure won't be that bad anymore. The lack of a tank is a real bummer, but I'll just run full nuke.

I could run a full mage team, and a full physical team if I wanted. My account isn't that bad, and I would be stupid to give it up. Also, you aren't on my friends list for some reason. I'll kick some idle person to make room

What is your ID again?

my ID is 962772882. I wanted to add you but my fr is bugged due to fb. I couldn't add anyone anymore even though I have 8 slots free.

I completely understand how you feel regarding the temptation on pulling. I initially only planned 6 pulls on this banner. But ended up exhausting all my tickets and lapis.

Zafir

BAHAHAHA GRAVITY ROD IS MINE

CCIE I'm sorry things have been rough. Like it was said above, I think what makes it worse is the social aspect of it all. Having everyone talk about what they pulled, WoL or otherwise, when your pulls are shit can be more than disheartening.

Hell look at me this morning, got absolutely nothing out of 11 pulls! I'm frustrated yes but I suppose its all part of the way these games work. I myself might get burnt out at some point too but for the moment I am finding things for myself to do and that seems to be enough.

Don't you give up!!
True enough.

I used all my luck up earlier I guess, getting Chizuru, Vaan, Bartz and Firion (and Kefka but he was a high chance to get anyway).

Still devastating doing 16 pulls and getting a load of crap. :D

Heng

My other units are all junk. Bedile, Fran, Penelo, Shadow, Kain, Russell, Vivi - Tellah is literally my only other potential 5 star unit except for the original cast. I figured he would be useful for the party so that I have a mage, and also a back up healer with Raise if needs be for hard content.
I would say Lenna > Tellah > Artemios if you haven't cleared the demon chimera yet. If you have and think you have a good shot of killing the next boss then prioritize Artemios over everyone else.

Slaythe

My current team is :

Kuja

Kefka

Vaan

Firion

Fina

I want to replace Fina with Garnet è.é . I hate Kefka too to be honest, he is swapped with Chizuru depending on the fight. I also hate her. :/

Ideally I'd get Zidane and Garnet next banner...

But I guess I need a tank, so Cecil would be welcomed.

In the long term I want Luneth, Ramza, Tidus and RANDI.

If they ever announce a Kingdom Hearts or Chrono Trigger cross over I'm spending 200 bucks on this shit.

Patiently waiting for the best FF aka VIII though :p . Squall shall rule them all.

CCIE

Banned
I would say Lenna, then Artemios, then Tellah. Artemios will get a really good bow when new content is released. Kind of annoyed with myself with not pulling for him - he's a great unit with Barrage.

And Lenna will carry you for a LONG time as a healer. That's why I decided to keep pulling for her.

UrSuLeTzU

Frost Dragon down!! Exdeath last man standing with 114 hp left throws a grand cross and confuses the bastard then the stupid dragon kills itself ahahahahahaha

wilstreak

If i have max level Fina and Lenna as a healer and Kefka and Golbez as mage, is it even worth it to level up Terra?

I know with team like these, it is not even remotely possible to create all mage team (didn't have Celes, or Exdeath).

Btw, what constitute Top tier?

^I've been using this link for character rankings. Maybe there's a different source with different rankings?
https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
Their tiers are based on their skills, stats, and role they play in the party, along with TMs to a lesser extent.

I'd replace Fina in that mage party with Terra. Fina's only good because of Cheer, which is wasted on a mage party. Also, Lenna has cheer. Swapping in Terra gives you strong magic attack and an extra character with raise and healing abilities.

2 healers is a bit of overkill, so if you have a Tellah or other black mage I'd drop him in Fina's position.

CCIE

Banned
Terra is awesome, but that is because I love her green hair, and Raise is the bomb. She would be my favorite unit if she could equip robes, so until some better "clothes" come out she is on the sideline for me (she is too limited on MAGIC which is her main asset) - and I have her at L75. I'm replacing her with Tellah for now, because he can do most things she can, and equip robes.

But she will get a six star in the future and be back on my team at that time. And I concur with Night Angel.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
@CCIE: If I remember correctly, you pulled 4 top tier in that 38 pulls. You're luckier than you give yourself credit.

My alt pulled WoL, on the very last pull, 37th I think. But got nothing in between. Got 11 Lennas and 7 Tellahs. It would have been great if their TM's are good, but it's just meh for me.

You shouldn't give up just because you didn't get what you aimed for. Look at what you have and you'll realize you have a much better account than 90% of the players out there. Some are just content with 1 or 2 top tiers in their account. I think you have more than 5.

If you feel burned out, just stop for a few days. It'll get better sooner than you think.

Tellah has the 30% MAG, if there is anything future proof in this game. It's going to be stat and ability base skills like that since it will always scale.

I really do think investing into waiting longer in between pulls would be beneficial to those raging. You'll just have a better chance of getting a unit that is an upgrade 2 months from now since there will be more. Rather than focusing in on one or two. When I pulled, anyone from the Banner is a massive upgrade since I'm still using Fina, Rain, and Edgar. On top of the following characters, Cecil, Chiz, ExDeath, Zidanne, Vaan, Garland, Art, Firion, Rossalia, and several more. Even Hayate, Kain, and others would have been an improvement. That does not include characters with useful TMs like Shanatto, Luna, etc. So when I pull, I'm thinking there is a really good chance I can at the very least get a character that is useful to me. When you pull a lot, this factor decays remarkably quick.

Goli

I missed the global launch bonuses, is it known if any upcoming promotions are coming or anything for new players?

CCIE

Banned
I think there is a bug in the Colosseum, because I am pretty certain I have not stolen 22 elixirs... guess I will keep going until they correct it

bonkeng

Tellah has the 30% MAG, if there is anything future proof in this game. It's going to be stat and ability base skills.

30% MP for Tellah. 30% Mag from Shantotto.

I do have 5 Shantottos with those pulls. And I'm not fusing them. I'll follow Rixa's lead in grinding for TM.

^I've been using this link for character rankings. Maybe there's a different source with different rankings?
https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings
Their tiers are based on their skills, stats, and role they play in the party, along with TMs to a lesser extent.

I'd replace Fina in that mage party with Terra. Fina's only good because of Cheer, which is wasted on a mage party. Also, Lenna has cheer. Swapping in Terra gives you strong magic attack and an extra character with raise and healing abilities.

2 healers is a bit of overkill, so if you have a Tellah or other black mage I'd drop him in Fina's position.

Leo ahead of WoL & Cecil?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aurizen

Sitting on 17 tickets and 1300 lapis..... Waiting for Lightning..... hoping to get some good units if I don't get her. I need some warrior class units, Chiziru or WOL something. I'm starting to feel my party limits.

CCIE

Banned
Wait a minute! Vaan has both Focus and Full Break? Damn, no wonder he is listed as the best unit in Global right now. I was leveling him up, and had to do a double-take.

Xion86

Chilly - congrats on the Gravity Rod! That is quite an accomplishment, given how stupid the requirements were to make it.

Don't worry CCIE, you're in the same position as me with the lack of tank and the bad luck with the pulls (but I'm pretty sure I've pulled way more than you and didn't have any luck!!) Let's just take things as they come now, no more ticket bundles or anything, let's take each story addition and event as it comes and climb that colosseum. You're lucky you have Vaan!!

Oh and Congrats on the Rod Chilly! I'm hoping to get it by maybe Wednesday.

Also congratulations to UrSuLeTzU on the win!

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - you have ExDeath. Nothing else matters. And yes, Vaan appears to be way better than I thought. I think I can use him like a tank, because he has way more HP than I thought.

BTW, I have Bartz and Garland as well, and they both are awesome units. Future six stars to boot.

Chilly - you have ExDeath. Nothing else matters. And yes, Vaan appears to be way better than I thought. I think I can use him like a tank, because he has way more HP than I thought.

BTW, I have Bartz and Garland as well, and they both are awesome units. Future six stars to boot.

AND you have Bartz and Garland!?

GIRL LISTEN

CCIE

Banned
Xion - the lack of a tank sucks. But I don't think I will be playing much PvP anyway - I'm done trying to keep up with the best. I've had bad luck with my pulls, but I did get Lenna, who will last me a LONG time.

And I have more good units than I thought - I've never looked at the list before. I have no room to complain, and am sorry for doing so. I'm going to use Vaan as a tank for now. And as someone pointed out, you can crush most content at this point anyway. Maybe down the road...

The cactuars have definitely been nerfed though.

Xion86

So I'm stuck with a hell of a load of Cactuars and no Gil left to use them haha :( but goal from Monday is to get the rod first, then some Gil, then max out my whole new team! :) (wonder if I'll miss the Rain, Lasswell and Kain crew I've been with from the start).

I have no idea what PvP will be like but I'll give it a try anyway.

Anyway my team will be Cloud of Death (got her yesterday after my "final" pulls), Garland, Leena, Kefka and either Firon or Tellah (I do like having Raise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom