• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCIE

Banned
I'm going to be leveling characters for quite awhile. Cactuars aren't going as far, and I have to take Lenna all the way from 3-5 max.. Then I have to level Bartz and Tellah as well. Not to mention Kuja and Rain. Think I have enough sacred crystals to actually do so though. Running them intermittently was a real life-saver.

Lyrian

I'm going to be leveling characters for quite awhile. Cactuars aren't going as far, and I have to take Lenna all the way from 3-5 max.. Then I have to level Bartz and Tellah as well. Not to mention Kuja and Rain. Think I have enough sacred crystals to actually do so though. Running them intermittently was a real life-saver.

Same here. I'm likely to only get to finish leveling the characters from the last banner by the end of tonight. Not even going to get to start on Lenna or Tellah.

No great/amazing bonus really really really sucks.

Folstern

Vaan with his Full Break and Focus is going to be beastly if he gets his 6*. Him and Lenna are some of the best units in terms of no completely useless skills.

Xion86

Sorry for asking this question again but don't think I got an answer...if one of my standard characters hits 100% TM, and I get their ability, can I sell that character and keep the ability? As friends points will give me a duplicate to build back up to 100. Don't see the point in keeping the 100% unit.

IMG_0041_zpsgvr0siu7.png

Die worthless lizard!

chrono01

11 pulls...NOTHING
:(

I was going to try a few more pulls for Lenna, but NOPE! Thank you for showing me the error of my potential ways.

Sitting on 17 tickets and 1300 lapis..... Waiting for Lightning..... hoping to get some good units if I don't get her. I need some warrior class units, Chiziru or WOL something. I'm starting to feel my party limits.
I admire your restraint, sir. I, too, am waiting for Lightning. I did a few pulls on this banner though, which I instantly regretted. :/

Sorry for asking this question again but don't think I got an answer...if one of my standard characters hits 100% TM, and I get their ability, can I sell that character and keep the ability? As friends points will give me a duplicate to build back up to 100. Don't see the point in keeping the 100% unit.
This is a good question, I was wondering about it too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Been leveling up a bit more.

Got Art fro 3 to Max 5.
Cecil is at 4*
My Celes is about to hit 80
And Kyrlie is approaching max 4*

Heng

Is there a guide to TM farming?
Go to earth shrine, pick any of the stages that cost 1 stamina, clear it, repeat.

I got Lenna and Tellah.

Wanted Warrior of light :(

Are these two any good?
Lenna is pretty great (best healer atm) and Tellah is pretty decent. I find running double healers on bosses (since I don't have a tank...) a lot more forgiving than just 1. Tellah makes a great secondary healer because he can cast a spell for 4 MP when you don't need the extra heals, and even has raise when things get out of hand.

Aurizen

:(

I was going to try a few more pulls for Lenna, but NOPE! Thank you for showing me the error of my potential ways.

I admire your restraint, sir. I, too, am waiting for Lightning. I did a few pulls on this banner though, which I instantly regretted. :/

This is a good question, I was wondering about it too.

Chrono! We go way back on these games hahah I gotta add you haha. Whats your ID? Mines 445 543 659 I have like 3 spots left

Dreavus

Jesus Christ I have never been this lucky in these gacha games before.

One more pull after already getting WoL and it's Lenna. Still had 10 tickets ready to go but now I can sit on them for later. What a day.

Call me crazy but I may try and go for another Gravity Rod. I mean what can it hurt?

Well no, I don't think I need TWO I mean, the energy can be spent so much better other places.

Dreavus

Call me crazy but I may try and go for another Gravity Rod. I mean what can it hurt?

Well no, I don't think I need TWO I mean, the energy can be spent so much better other places.

I am regretting going for one. Still quite a few hearts away since I've just been doing event INT because I'm lazy, but I've come this far and it would really suck to not get anything. Loss averse and all that!

At this rate I'd rather go back to awakening material farming.

Valonquar

I've been debating the same thing, but getting these last 20 farplane souls is taking a while. Grats on the S-5 Clear.

WoL at 80, Awakened my 4* Lenna to 5* not much time left to get jumbo cactuars though.

As far as a guide for TM grinding:

Step 1: Earth Shrine entrance x10,000
Step 2: Drink Glenlivet 12 neat until unconscious

There's some debate over whether it's more worthwhile to focus on rank ups til you have 70+ energy and THEN starting on TM grind. That way you don't miss out on energy while you sleep. I've been just doing TM grind, and if I get busy and end up with more energy than I have time to deal with, I run Ifrit 2* fight for the rank xp. I kill him easily with my TM grind group since it has Maxed out Chiz + maxed out friend Chiz. Throw Bioblaster on one of the other TMers and bonus if it lands.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've been debating the same thing, but getting these last 20 farplane souls is taking a while. Grats on the S-5 Clear.

WoL at 80, Awakened my 4* Lenna to 5* not much time left to get jumbo cactuars though.

As far as a guide for TM grinding:

Step 1: Earth Shrine entrance x10,000
Step 2: Drink Glenlivet 12 neat until unconscious

There's some debate over whether it's more worthwhile to focus on rank ups til you have 70+ energy and THEN starting on TM grind. That way you don't miss out on energy while you sleep. I've been just doing TM grind, and if I get busy and end up with more energy than I have time to deal with, I run Ifrit 2* fight for the rank xp. I kill him easily with my TM grind group since it has Maxed out Chiz + maxed out friend Chiz. Throw Bioblaster on one of the other TMers and bonus if it lands.

You could just time it exactly where it only takes off a few seconds each time you go through. When I was testing it out. The sweet spot seems to be around a 2:45 second delay between each turn. Where you'll shave a few seconds off the block before recharge each time. I woke up with about 10 energy still in the tank.

NomarTyme

nvm.

You could just time it exactly where it only takes off a few seconds each time you go through. When I was testing it out. The sweet spot seems to be around a 2:45 second delay between each turn. Where you'll shave a few seconds off the block before recharge each time. I woke up with about 10 energy still in the tank.
Same. It takes around 1:10 seconds for me to finish a story.

Gratz on the kill, Chilly! I only just reached C-5 :/ At least I got a black robe for Kefka from C-4.

How the heck are you all you guys knocking out enough trophies for the hero ring recipe? I still need 4 more and everything is so far off... I try to go out of my way to spam magic and steal even in encounters where I could kill an enemy with a single regular attack but it's still going to take a while to get Gold in either of those trophies... Craft one seems like it'd take forever and I don't think I'd have the resources to do it anyway. Can you buy the resources for something cheap to make? Show me your ways, Hero Ring gurus.

Valentus

Rising Sun get. My Cloud of Darkness will be ready. Now lets get these black cowl. I only have 3 hayate though. Its gonna take time...

You'll need those for the Exceed Ring in 6 months anyway :p
Oh and late congratulations for your Frost Dragon win!

Thanks! Yeah don't get me started on those damn ER >>

Gratz on the kill, Chilly! I only just reached C-5 :/ At least I got a black robe for Kefka from C-4.

How the heck are you all you guys knocking out enough trophies for the hero ring recipe? I still need 4 more and everything is so far off... I try to go out of my way to spam magic and steal even in encounters where I could kill an enemy with a single regular attack but it's still going to take a while to get Gold in either of those trophies... Craft one seems like it'd take forever and I don't think I'd have the resources to do it anyway. Can you buy the resources for something cheap to make? Show me your ways, Hero Ring gurus.

From what I remember the trophies for crafting, stealing and ability use were the easiest. The Quest Trophy and the starting trophies for crafting each type of equipment too.

Hero rings aren't cheaply made out side of the silver ore that you will pile up on. It becomes a routine of farming Fire Megacrysts and Ice Megacrysts.

OVERANDOVERANDOVERANDOVERANDOVER

Rising Sun get. My Cloud of Darkness will be ready. Now lets get these black cowl. I only have 3 hayate though. Its gonna take time...

Do the amount of a single unit you have when farming TM matter?

orion434

Just used my 4 Free Special Summon Tickets and got

4* Maria
3* Lenna
3* Exdeath
5* Warrior of Light

So freakin' happy! How hard is it to get the materials to make Magic Keys?

Grats, man, those are great pulls!

For magic keys:
You get screamroot from miniataurs in random explorations (anecdotal, but phantom forest is where I've found all of mine). Fine alcryst is a random reward from ability crafting.

The screamroot is going to be the hard part. I recommend spamming explorations and clearing them with another goal in mind. Either crafting hero rings, collecting magicite (phantom forest woop woop) or something.

Lyrian

4* Maria
3* Lenna
3* Exdeath
5* Warrior of Light

Thats... incredible. I am SO jealous right now.

Right now, magic keys are pretty close to impossible to craft. But, there may be some daily bundles starting in 5 days that contain magic keys in them with additional summoning tickets.

Valentus

of course it matter. If you have only 1 unit, obviouslly you need to grinding it to 100% TM

If you have 2, you need to grind both of them to 47,5%

if you have 3, the 3 must be at 30%

with 4 copies, the 4 at 21,25%

and with 5 copies, all 5 must be at 16%

The less copies you have for a TM farming, more slow the farm is. Im not insane to farm multiple copies of all TMs, only for the crucial ones (excalibur, dual weild (if i have multiple zidanes) Maximilian)

Lyrian

Grats Chilly on the Frost Dragon win!

So.... does that make me the last person here yet to defeat the Frost Dragon?

Yeah, I'm definitely going to combine my 3 Lunas for a single barrage. No need for 2 since I'll probably have 3 innate barragers in my party.

And no, Lyrian, I'm on S3 right now (though I've not lost to any bosses yet). Almost there. Europa was the toughest so far lol.

Falk

that puzzling face

My Rain(lol)/Lasswell/Kain/Fina/Kefka(!!!) team has yet to kill much of anything.

Finally managed to crawl my way out of Beginner Colosseum when Kefka got Hyperdrive.

of course it matter. If you have only 1 unit, obviouslly you need to grinding it to 100% TM

If you have 2, you need to grind both of them to 47,5%

if you have 3, the 3 must be at 30%

with 4 copies, the 4 at 21,25%

and with 5 copies, all 5 must be at 16%

The less copies you have for a TM farming, more slow the farm is. Im not insane to farm multiple copies of all TMs, only for the crucial ones (excalibur, dual weild (if i have multiple zidanes) Maximilian)

akjghdlaksjhdlkjashdlkjahslkjda

From what I remember the trophies for crafting, stealing and ability use were the easiest. The Quest Trophy and the starting trophies for crafting each type of equipment too.

Hero rings aren't cheaply made out side of the silver ore that you will pile up on. It becomes a routine of farming Fire Megacrysts and Ice Megacrysts.

OVERANDOVERANDOVERANDOVERANDOVER

There aren't enough quests to hit the gold yet so stuck on that until more content updates. Trying to hit the bronze level for ability and the synth crafting sounds doable, I should shoot for that, thanks. That'll leave me needing two more. Guess I'll just have to wait a while to see what finishes first between steal, magic use, and special ability use. Just surprised so many people completed that already but I have to remind myself I didn't get this at launch so some here had a large head start over me.

I haven't even attempted White Dragon or Chimera yet ;p Europa is the only "tough" boss I've fought. Does it cost energy to fight the bosses in the farplane?

wilstreak

4* Maria
3* Lenna
3* Exdeath
5* Warrior of Light

75% incredible pull rate (i have pull like 50 times and never got 5* T-T )

you should buy a lottery while your luck still last.

akjghdlaksjhdlkjashdlkjahslkjda

Just wait for the trust moogles like I'm doing, friend! No need to bore ourselves to death and sacrifice sanity buy grinding the earth shrine. Not like you need any TM skills to get through the existing content anyway.

I have yet to pull a 5* so I fully expect that rainbow crystal when Lightning hits ;P If the gacha gods make me wait until Squall hits, I'm ok with that too!

I feel like I'm the only one on this board that doesn't have barrage ;p I don't even have a Luna to try and obtain the TM with...

Lyrian

Those 70 trophies are a lot more of road block than anything else to get those rings. The grind itself for hero ring mats is nothing compared to the combination of all the grinds needed to achieve 70 trophies.

I've been almost exclusively grinding trophies since hard launch, and I'm only at 44 trophies so far.

That said, I'll be happy when I don't have grind crafting mats anymore (outside of event items or hero rings). Almost there....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom