• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Time to frame hearts. I got to run ADV 10 times a day, each day now.

Also used my ticket for a pull, Kyrie. One of the few I get nothing out of. Q_Q

Celegus

The hunt for sacred crystals is on! Got Cecil and Locke to Max 4* but ran out of crystals, so they've got a ways to go yet.

Valentus

Next JP event:

img_160810_mv_02.jpg

Tilith upgraded to 6 stars, Vargas introduced (5-6 stars)

Tilith has AoE Raise.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Never played Brave Frontier...but that red haired dude isn like the main hero on the App Icon right ?

Xion86

Urgh still no Gil and ton of Cactuars to use :( trying to finish grinding for the Rod first...nearly there.

Btw AoE Raise is pretty damn cool!

Maledict

Is it possible to start the gravity rod farm at this stage and get the demon hearts by Sunday? Just wondering whether it's worth it now I actually have a Mage in my party (Tellah).

From what I've read Int and Adv seem to give roughly the same number of hearts over time, and Int is so much easier it doesn't seem worth bothering with Adv (that end boss is an ass).

scarlet

Next JP event:

img_160810_mv_02.jpg

Tilith upgraded to 6 stars, Vargas introduced (5-6 stars)

Tilith has AoE Raise.

Talking about overdesigned ....

Wait.

That isn't the Emperor. Why isnt that the Emperor

giphy.gif

a7A2m8l.gif

Urgh still no Gil and ton of Cactuars to use :( trying to finish grinding for the Rod first...nearly there.

Btw AoE Raise is pretty damn cool!

Same, from 200k down to 40k. Not doing the gravity rod tho

Anyway, what's the use of FP other than summoning?

Xion86

Talking about overdesigned ....

Anyway, what's the use of FP other than summoning?

I guess you could set it to another item instead of summoning points, for example if you need Crysts, to stock up on them for crafting. Don't think there is any other use though.

scarlet

I MAY BE BAD BUT I'M PERFECTLY GOOD AT IT

Just the way we say hello ^^

Yeah I imagine it has to be the worst grind in the game. I mean 1276 uses to level up? What in gay hell

And you can't just instantly use it like magics or abilities. You have to fill the gauge first. So it's like 3/4 times more work to do.

Yogg

And you can't just instantly use it like magics or abilities. You have to fill the gauge first. So it's like 3/4 times more work to do.

I've yet to use a single LB against a colosseum boss or a vortex trial. Units have always something better to do other than meleeing for the lb gauge. That's why I can't really justify grinding LB levels.

I've yet to use a single LB against a colosseum boss or a vortex trial. Units have always something better to do other than meleeing for the lb gauge. That's why I can't really justify grinding LB levels.

Interestingly enough, LBs are what won me the frost dragon fight. Since my party is mages, tanky mages, and one support, MP ran out quick style. Being able to fire off Moon Protection and Benediction were vital!

Yogg

Interestingly enough, LBs are what won me the frost dragon fight. Since my party is mages, tanky mages, and one support, MP ran out quick style. Being able to fire off Moon Protection and Benediction were vital!

Interesting. I run a mostly melee party, so I always have basic skills like raging fists, *-breaks, or a random x1.2 dmg skill. And those don't really fill LBs. I can see how a mage party using chains could benefit from it tho.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Barblizzara was the only one I was considering. 50% off for Fire, Electric, and Ice all in my possession would be nice. But I was wondering if they were going to add in 70% later down the road.

Iceman829

This past week I really got back into this game and with that cactuar event I was able to max out my CoD to lvl 80. Sadly all my other units are 3* so I'm trying to figure out what order I should awaken them. I have a Golbez, Terra, Zidane and Kuja I can awaken unless I should put effort into Rain or Laswell.

Also thanks to everyone who accepted my friend requests. My FL was crowded with a bunch of inactive players and now I receive plenty of gifts.

Pejo

Turns out grinding those 80 hearts wasn't really so bad. Now I just need a lot of farplane souls to finish up a Gravity Rod.

For the meantime though, I'm just trying to level up my new team members. At first I was really salty about 41 pulls and no WoL, but in reality, I had a pretty decent haul after all. I mean the party I'm leveling up right now is:

4* Exdeath
5* Chizuru
3* Firion
4* Lenna
3* Vaan

Also got a 3* Tellah and 5* Medius just sitting and chilling in my roster. All pulled from the current banner. I mean that's enough for an A-tier team right there, so I can't really be too mad.

Has there been any word on Zidane/Kuja's 6* form yet? I remember reading last week that it was coming, but haven't seen anything yet.

Turns out grinding those 80 hearts wasn't really so bad. Now I just need a lot of farplane souls to finish up a Gravity Rod.

For the meantime though, I'm just trying to level up my new team members. At first I was really salty about 41 pulls and no WoL, but in reality, I had a pretty decent haul after all. I mean the party I'm leveling up right now is:

4* Exdeath
5* Chizuru
3* Firion
4* Lenna
3* Vaan

Also got a 3* Tellah and 5* Medius just sitting and chilling in my roster. All pulled from the current banner. I mean that's enough for an A-tier team right there, so I can't really be too mad.

Has there been any word on Zidane/Kuja's 6* form yet? I remember reading last week that it was coming, but haven't seen anything yet.

4* EXDEATH THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

4* Exdeath
5* Chizuru
3* Firion
4* Lenna
3* Vaan

You're salty from that.... Geeeeezzzz!

I decided to bench my WoL at 4* capped for now and finish the story and grind some espers up, since he isn't really "needed" for tanking yet. Pretty sure I can scrub by using my maxed Rain for now.

Pbae

6 INT vortexes so far got me 1, crying indeed.

It's alright Celegus, we're in the same boat!

As of this post, I need to grind for 37 sacred crystals to rank up Golbez, Lenna, Rain, Lasswell, and WoL to their 5*s.

And as a F2P player, I can't just refresh my NRG since I'm trying to build up my Lapis reserves.

Hopefully, I can finish up WoL and max him today.

It's alright Celegus, we're in the same boat!

As of this post, I need to grind for 37 sacred crystals to rank up Golbez, Lenna, Rain, Lasswell, and WoL to their 5*s.

And as a F2P player, I can't just refresh my NRG since I'm trying to build up my Lapis reserves.

Hopefully, I can finish up WoL and max him today.
That's why i chose to bench WoL for now. Didn't feel like grinding his sacred hearts, lol.

Feep

Banned
I had twelve pulls available when the banner event started. I got WoL on my fourth pull. But everyone told me Lenna was straight fire, so I decided to use all eight of my remaining pulls to try and get her. I struck out, I got nothin'.

This morning I got the portal event ticket, said fuck it, YOLO

THREE STAR LENNA

Team is now Bartz, Exdeath, WoL, Lenna, Kefka/Terra.

Hell yeahhhhh

Pbae

I had twelve pulls available when the banner event started. I got WoL on my fourth pull. But everyone told me Lenna was straight fire, so I decided to use all eight of my remaining pulls to try and get her. I struck out, I got nothin'.

This morning I got the portal event ticket, said fuck it, YOLO

THREE STAR LENNA

Team is now Bartz, Exdeath, WoL, Lenna, Kefka/Terra.

Hell yeahhhhh

Idk why but I really wanted a Tellah and it was the only unit I didn't get in this banner. Freaking depressing man. He's the one that was given out like candy and I didn't pull a single one...

Idk why but I really wanted a Tellah and it was the only unit I didn't get in this banner. Freaking depressing man. He's the one that was given out like candy and I didn't pull a single one...

I'll trade you one of the 23897628 I have!

GOD DAMNIT Feep you're makin me want to YOLO pull too >.<!!!!!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Going to pull one more time if the packages turn out to be true. Either I get a character I can use or don't pull again for a while, and focus on the team I have.

Few things.
Started to farm Hearts, went from 7 to 24 so far. Going to do another run or two today, where I should be able to hit 30 before bed. Leaving me 6 days to get another 50. The extra 40 energy helped, plus maxing gains through Dailies.

Gave Frost Dragon my first attempt to on my PC. Never again.

Maledict

Going to pull one more time if the packages turn out to be true. Either I get a character I can use or don't pull again for a while, and focus on the team I have.

Few things.
Started to farm Hearts, went from 7 to 24 so far. Going to do another run or two today, where I should be able to hit 30 before bed. Leaving me 6 days to get another 50. The extra 40 energy helped, plus maxing gains through Dailies.

Gave Frost Dragon my first attempt to on my PC. Never again.

How are you farming hearts - Int or Adv?

Yogg

How are you farming hearts - Int or Adv?

I completed my farming after the 20 first hearts in ADV, and the rest in INT. Running INT meant more runs, and those INT runs drop farplane souls. I somehow ended up getting the last heart one run before getting the last soul. Energy wise, INT was a little slower per heart than ADV, but considering the extra farplane soul runs I didn't have to make afterwards, I'd say INT was a good choice.

And auto-attack.

Maledict

I completed my farming after the 20 first hearts in ADV, and the rest in INT. Running INT meant more runs, and those INT runs drop farplane souls. I somehow ended up getting the last heart one run before getting the last soul. Energy wise, INT was a little slower per heart than ADV, but considering the extra farplane soul runs I didn't have to make afterwards, I'd say INT was a good choice.

And auto-attack.

Yeah, I just ran ADV and reminded myself how unfun it was. Had to use a Phoenix down as the first pack of three Eyes immediately cast death on my main damage dealer... Int is definitely the way - just not sure if I have enough time left to do it before Sunday. I only have 12 hearts currently...

Yeah, I just ran ADV and reminded myself how unfun it was. Had to use a Phoenix down as the first pack of three Eyes immediately cast death on my main damage dealer... Int is definitely the way - just not sure if I have enough time left to do it before Sunday. I only have 12 hearts currently...
It's not worth it. Do something else.

I realized this when I had 45 hearts. Sunk cost fallacy got me good.

Shouta

I think I'm gonna skip the Brave Frontier Collab in JP. I'm out of tickets and Lapis atm and I don't want any of those units even if Tilith gets an AOE raise, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom