• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
nvm.

Same. It takes around 1:10 seconds for me to finish a story.

You have to factor in the time it also takes for energy to recover, if you want the program continually running while you sleep.

Just incase, this is how I did mine.

Take the total energy you can acquire in the set number of hours you want to run the program, add it to your base energy pool or whatever energy you're starting at. Take the energy acquired over the total energy + acquired over the time then times that by 5. This will give you the exact time to execute the cycle to maximize how many times you can run in the desired time frame.

So what TM's are worth getting multiples of?

On top of the two above,

Dual Wielding.

You have to factor in the time it also takes for energy to recover, if you want the program continually running while you sleep.

Take the total energy you can acquire in the set number of hours you want to run the program, add it to your base energy pool or whatever energy you're starting at. Take the energy acquired over the total energy + acquired over the time then times that by 5. This will give you the exact time to execute the cycle to maximize how many times you can run in the desired time frame.

On top of the two above,

Dual Wielding.
What program did you use, and can you get banned for using it?

NomarTyme

On top of the two above,

Dual Wielding.

Right. I also add 222 second between intervals of course. Also multiple clicks too because sometimes it doesn't register.

Is Comet any good? Need to know if I should bother holding on to Galfdur or whatever his name is.
Nope.

https://exviuswiki.com/Trust_Master_Reward

Right. I also add 222 second between intervals of course. Also multiple clicks too because sometimes it doesn't register.

Nope.

https://exviuswiki.com/Trust_Master_Reward
Cool, thanks. Sold him to free up space for more metal gigantuars.
No. Well, not at least until you beat them the first time. After that, it will cost you energy to repeat attempts at them in the Vortex of Trials.

Nice, will probably wait to integrate new characters for Chimera but might put the beatdown on White Dragon now.

Kettch

Finally starting to pick up some of the semi-rare FP trust masteries. Just got Aquan Killer and Raging Fist. About the same time that I'm getting my 4th HP+10% out of Rizer.

The really tough ones are only about halfway done. Stone Killer at 50%, Drink at 45%, Tranquility 45%. Everything else is at least 75%+.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly - mucho congrats on your kill of the Frost Dragon! As for everyone else, nice pulls! I need someone to come over and pull for me next time ;) Maybe I will use my free ticket coming up for a YOLO pull. It's not like I have ANYTHING to lose anymore. Or I will save it for the next banner. I guess we'll see. There is still a week and a half or more on this one.

CCIE

Banned
shintoki - I'm having trouble with Nox, cannot get it to finish loading in my W7 VM. Do you have it on W10?

Rixa

akjghdlaksjhdlkjashdlkjahslkjda
Expect to run Earth Shrine around 50 days. Iam not using ay macros nor pc. So this freaking grind is utterly bullshit. Soon to start day 33... My lowest TM unit is at 70.7% So roughly 2 weeks to go and then its done. Cecil and his harem of 4 Shantottos. My Exdeath likes to take steroids.

This is insane thing to do and no one should do it.

CCIE

Banned
Rixa - if I can get Nox run I will do the TM grind. If not, I won't bother. You are amazing for putting up with it

Folstern

So for a leader choice for friends which should I use?

Screenshot_20160807-212826_zpstos39jpq.png

or
Screenshot_20160807-213101_zpsnuuqgyen.png

scarlet

WoL, just because he's new.

He's useful in colloseum bosses, but you can't bring friend.

I've only seen one WoL in my friend list other than mine.

CCIE

Banned
So should I share out Vaan instead of Chizu, or Kefka?

Vaan has close to 3200 HP with no increases, and mine has 240+ defense. He will have Provoke when I'm done with him to make him into a pseudo tank
Chizu has 307 attack and Barrage
Kefka has 250+ MAG

CCIE

Banned
Gracias Night Angel. How is the level grind going for you? I'm hoping to get Lenna to 5* by mid-day tomorrow, but the lack of cactuars will make it difficult. Might not be until tomorrow night at the EARLIEST

Malakhov

Banned
There's some offer for new players, 5.49$ for 2 rare summon tickets and 1000 lapis. Is it worth it? I dont like buying stuff in phone games but...

The level grind is miserable. My WoL is 59/60 but I need sacreds, my Lenna is 44/60, and my tellah/kuja are 1/40. I have 30 gigantaurs and 0 sacred crystals, and I'm looking at a long, long grind.

But hey, it's better than farming hero rings/TM.

To clarify my opinion on Chiz/Kefka utility versus Vaan/WoL as a friend share:
Right now, the only time you really need full break is on bosses, which are 1/4 encounters in typical play. You don't really need a tank at all yet.

Full break allows for 30% more damage to a single unit for 3 turns, and that unit deals less damage by the same amount. The less damage portion is not very useful for most encounters. Most parties will get more out of a single top tier damage dealer than a 30% buff to the party, assuming most parties include a healer/support unit with limited damage capability (a la Fina). The only setups that I can think of that would benefit more from a full break than Chiz barrage or Kefka nuke each turn would be a party full of top tier damage units with better stats than your Chiz.

Of course people farming rank 2 espers or dark chimera might want a full break. But then again, that's not typical player behavior.

Am I still F2P if I used Google opinion rewards to get that starter bundle? Because I definitely jumped on that.

Heng

There's some offer for new players, 5.49$ for 2 rare summon tickets and 1000 lapis. Is it worth it? I dont like buying stuff in phone games but...
It's pretty good, I think Lapis normally goes for $1 per 120 (you get more lapis the more money you spend at once for lapis). Normally for $6.99, you can get 1000 lapis with no summoning ticket. I would have bought the bundle if I wasn't F2P.

Rixa

LOCK YOUR UNITS

See that greyish open lock picture. Please click it, so it turns to yellow and it is then locked.

I dont want to read single posts here saying "I accidentally sold / fused my unit, can I get it back"

No you cant.

leehom

You guys don't recommend Kefka's ribbon for TM grinding? I have three and I'm grinding all three for ribbon. I think it'll be useful for my two mages and chizzy.

Rixa

How do you jump on that new player offer? I'd spend money for that - I'm weak

Only lasted for the first few days/week upon account creation I think.

And for us who started in Beta, it was the first 2 days of playing beta (so even less knowledge to think if it was good or not, I did grab it). Price was around 1$/1€ cheaper back then tho (3,99€ / 4,59$?)

bonkeng

Generally, WoL is more useful since he's versatile. Also, for fullbreak.

BTW, lock your units. We don't want to accidentally sell that WoL, do we?

So should I share out Vaan instead of Chizu, or Kefka?

Vaan has close to 3200 HP with no increases, and mine has 240+ defense. He will have Provoke when I'm done with him to make him into a pseudo tank
Chizu has 307 attack and Barrage
Kefka has 250+ MAG

I'd pick Vaan. He may not be a powerhouse like Chizu, but he more than makes up for it with his utilities. Equip him with Bar materias, golem etc.

Chizuru would've been ideal. But I think most of us already have a strong physical dps. Also half on my friend list has Chizuru as their lead. So there's no shortage for her.

The only time I carefully picked a Kefka is during the 300k trophy. Easy to find friend if you need him.

Got one last cactaur run in at 2:59. 2 gigantaurs and one metallic cactaur. Yay!

Lenna now at 55/60 with 30 gigas remaining. After I get my last 8 demon hearts it's to the awakening mines I go.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hyperdrive Age is here - just in time with my last run.

Only got Lenna to 4 star - so she will have to wait a bit longer for her time to shine.

bonkeng

They upgraded the content on the awakening bundle.

7 Sacred Crystals, 3 Esper Tears, 3 Scripture of Time, 3 Mystic Ore.

It's so much better now than the beast meat, allure powder and heaven ash they offered previously at the same price.

Probably still not worth it though.

Heng

It's so much better now than the beast meat, allure powder and heaven ash they offered previously at the same price.

They still have the gold chest of warriors for $11.99, and the armor/accessories they give you can naturally be obtained from playing story/early Colosseum. It's just as bad as the previous bundle imo.

chrono01

Gumi is trying to see the bare minimum with what they can get away with, haha.

bonkeng

They still have the gold chest of warriors for $11.99, and the armor/accessories they give you can naturally be obtained from playing story/early Colosseum. It's just as bad as the previous bundle imo.

Yeah the Gold and Mythril bundle didn't change and also not worth the price. But atleast there's an argument that those items you can only get once currently in global. No recipe. So if you need more, you have to buy the bundle.

The previous Silver Chest contains beast meat and allure powder, which you can buy from item shops for 200 Gil. That's borderline scam. They changed it to rarer mats now, but still easily obtainable in game.

Like Chrono said, Gumi is testing the waters on how gullible the ff fan base really are.

Heng

Like Chrono said, Gumi is testing the waters on how gullible the ff fan base really are.
This actually makes me not want to put any money into this game. It's pretty shady trying to rip off the new players (although you're right about these items being unique, I can see someone buying this bundle for the extra Choker but for $11.99? >.>). I just hope new players actually try to get a little farther into the game before buying bundles like these.

Edit: Also I got Garland off the free ticket. Is there a point in having 2 of him? I was thinking of slowly leveling it while leveling his LB and then fuse my other one once it gets max leveled.

orion434

Does the Rare Summon Ticket Bundle expire and disappear for good? It says it will expire in 3 days and I have 400 more lapis to 5000.

Rixa

Does the Rare Summon Ticket Bundle expire and disappear for good? It says it will expire in 3 days and I have 400 more lapis to 5000.

We dont know, but in JP it did. JP introduced banner summons so that with 5k Lapis you do 11 summons and one is atleast 4* (doesnt mean jackshit).

Also it was datamined that there are so called "Summer Bundles" that have 5 Megacrysts Megacites and 1 summon ticket and 1 key at a cost of 300 Lapis. Tradeoff, only 9 bundles & 1 per day lasting til next day.

So I and other players are saving 2700 Lapis if these Summer Bundles come after that 5000 Lapis / 11 tix vanish.

Dragner

Idk if I will push the button and buy 2 11 ticket bundle. Still have 10 tickets and 15k lapiz. But I dont want to push it and then get a better bundle in the future...I dont think ill do it. Ill just do 500 pulls if everything goes wrong. I lose 1 ticket but whatever.

scarlet

We dont know, but in JP it did. JP introduced banner summons so that with 5k Lapis you do 11 summons and one is atleast 4* (doesnt mean jackshit).

Also it was datamined that there are so called "Summer Bundles" that have 5 Megacrysts and 1 summon ticket and 1 key at a cost of 300 Lapis. Tradeoff, only 9 bundles & 1 per day lasting til next day.

So I and other players are saving 2700 Lapis if these Summer Bundles come after that 5000 Lapis / 11 tix vanish.

Megacryst or megacite?

And IIRC Theres a phoenix down too

bonkeng

This actually makes me not want to put any money into this game. It's pretty shady trying to rip off the new players (although you're right about these items being unique, I can see someone buying this bundle for the extra Choker but for $11.99? >.>). I just hope new players actually try to get a little farther into the game before buying bundles like these.

Edit: Also I got Garland off the free ticket. Is there a point in having 2 of him? I was thinking of slowly leveling it while leveling his LB and then fuse my other one once it gets max leveled.

Sad thing is, most players are casual. Once they see the bundles, they'll think it's not obtainable in-game.

Gratz on the Garland. I don't think it's a good idea to fuse dupe future top tier units. If it's me, I won't.

Idk if I will push the button and buy 2 11 ticket bundle. Still have 10 tickets and 15k lapiz. But I dont want to push it and then get a better bundle in the future...I dont think ill do it. Ill just do 500 pulls if everything goes wrong. I lose 1 ticket but whatever.

Imo, 11 tickets is a better deal than 5k lapis for auto 11 pull.

And, pulling with 500 Lapis is never going to be a good idea unless you don't have atleast 5k lapis with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom