• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

Already got the Demon Hearts, now time to farm Farplane Souls.....

Oh my free ticket pull was Edgar.

Is the best way to get Gil to level up and awaken one of the lesser characters for a while then sell? Time to use my Cactuars on my new team.

I think I'm gonna skip the Brave Frontier Collab in JP. I'm out of tickets and Lapis atm and I don't want any of those units even if Tilith gets an AOE raise, lol.

They also look extremely stupid.

Already got the Demon Hearts, now time to farm Farplane Souls.....

Oh my free ticket pull was Edgar.

Is the best way to get Gil to level up and awaken one of the lesser characters for a while then sell? Time to use my Cactuars on my new team.

Yup!

Xion86

Thanks Chilly. Time to pick my victim. First I'll go with the ones I've got 100% TM on that I don't need now. Can't wait to have the rod made then get back to my team. Still need to finish the new island story after too.

And now I get to feel the pain from Europa...

In other (semi-related) news I'm digging Lenna as my healer, even though my Fina is 5* and my Lenna is 8 levels away from that. Her LB actually being a functional heal instead of a freakin' atack kind of helps with that. She's already proven more useful in just about any fight of difficult than Fina ever has been. :|

RedZaraki

Banned
I think I'm gonna skip the Brave Frontier Collab in JP. I'm out of tickets and Lapis atm and I don't want any of those units even if Tilith gets an AOE raise, lol.

AOE raise is only useful if you're hopelessly behind in a battle. Wouldn't you rather just have an efficient fight where your party members don't die?

And now I get to feel the pain from Europa...

In other (semi-related) news I'm digging Lenna as my healer, even though my Fina is 5* and my Lenna is 8 levels away from that. Her LB actually being a functional heal instead of a freakin' atack kind of helps with that. She's already proven more useful in just about any fight of difficult than Fina ever has been. :|

You beat Europa?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
This is my current party:

mZHNPVN.png

This is my future party:

Give or take a Xiao.

CCIE

Banned
My future party will be Chizuru, Bartz/Garland, Vaan, Tellah/Lenna, Kefka/Kuja

I have several options, and will be leveling those options up for the next week or two.. Several HR to make as well...

It will depend on who gets their sixth star... Terra, Kefka, Vaan, Kuja

I shouldn't be too salty over not pulling WoL - got some good options. Saving my ticket, though. Woohoo almost enough for two pulls again!

CCIE

Banned
Shintoko - I just craft blizzard and fire from HR runs, along with cure. Done so too many times to count. Craft shurikens/potions, and forge iron helms.

Getting closer to those trophies, but ran out of copper and iron

Do you run Nox on W10? I can't get it working correctly in my W7 VM

RedZaraki

Banned
My predictions:

Kefka 6* will learn Ultima.

Cloud will get bolt spells and have Ominislash as limit break (duh).

Sephiroth will know the -ga spells and get Heartless Angel and Supernova as limit break.

Heartless angel will reduce a unit's HP to 1.

Both will get barrage and have fast limit break fill.

Cloud TM will be Ultima Weapon.

Sephiroth TM will be the Peerless Spell, which makes a character invulnerable for 3 turns.

We'll eventually have a Blue Mage banner with:
- Quina
- Strago
- Kimarhi
- Cait Sith

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Shintoko - I just craft blizzard and fire from HR runs, along with cure. Done so too many times to count. Craft shurikens/potions, and forge iron helms.

Getting closer to those trophies, but ran out of copper and iron

Do you run Nox on W10? I can't get it working correctly in my W7 VM

I run Nox on W10, what is the error you're getting on 7?

You mean the best in general or easiest to make for the trophy lol

Si.

Dreavus

3dQ1jPf.gif

Some user in this thread said it's easier to do it in your base star, cuz the amount required to level it up increased when you get higher.

I think leveling LB is worse than trophies or TM

It is indeed. The increase in the number of LBs needed to level it up is quite high, so IF you are planning on leveling your LBs it make sense to do it when your unit is still 3 star.

I briefly considered it back when my team was green and farming awakening materials, but then I decided that I wasn't a crazy person. The increases aren't that big of a deal anyways and the time invested rivals TM farming, possibly even more annoying because you have to manually cast each LB when it charges up.

CCIE

Banned
Nox won't get past 99% when I try to open it. I'm going to install a W10 VM later this week to try that. Worked through all the "fixes" on the Internet, but no dice. I think it is because of an old W7 image

NomarTyme

I"m using NOx on window 7 pro. I had my Virtulization Technology turned off though because I was getting Google service error. Maybe its the opposite for some? You may need to turn on VT if you have it on or off.

Eidjinn

Question: what to do after grinding for the Hero Ring recipe?

My team is maxed, and I did not get to the third island. So, what is it worth to do?

Story mode and then farm fire/ ice megacrysts?

Any other uber item I should be aiming to hunt??

Dreavus

I would finish the story mode/unlock espers you're missing, then start farming. That way you can jump right into the next chapter whenever it comes out.

I'm using the Advanced Vortex to try and level WoL and Lenna to max 4* and awaken them before using Cactuars on them. It's a painfully slow process, I'm so impatient to get them to the point I can use them for serious content and when you spend 15 energy and no one levels up.... I have around 38 Giganctuars so will be able to get WoL to 80 instantly after I awaken him and hopefully will have enough left over to get Lenna to a respectable level but not sure how many would be left over so trying not to blow any on their 4* states. I'm going to need a crap load of sacred crystals for those two as well which makes me all the more impatient to get them maxed out so I can switch to the Int Awaken Vortex.

Where's the Demon Chimera exactly? I went and crushed the White Dragon (Didn't know WoL could equip Kitanas so that was a good decision) but every other direction I went in the farplanes the moogles wouldn't let me through. Was I supposed to leave and then return to 'refresh' the farplane first?

Lyrian

Where's the Demon Chimera exactly? I went and crushed the White Dragon (Didn't know WoL could equip Kitanas so that was a good decision) but every other direction I went in the farplanes the moogles wouldn't let me through. Was I supposed to leave and then return to 'refresh' the farplane first?

Yup, same spot as the White Dragon. Leave and come back and it will be there.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm using the Advanced Vortex to try and level WoL and Lenna to max 4* and awaken them before using Cactuars on them. It's a painfully slow process, I'm so impatient to get them to the point I can use them for serious content and when you spend 15 energy and no one levels up.... I have around 38 Giganctuars so will be able to get WoL to 80 instantly after I awaken him and hopefully will have enough left over to get Lenna to a respectable level but not sure how many would be left over so trying not to blow any on their 4* states. I'm going to need a crap load of sacred crystals for those two as well which makes me all the more impatient to get them maxed out so I can switch to the Int Awaken Vortex.

Should be a swirly vortex thing you examine where you got the sword.

It is now; don't jinx it, roll with it!

If Kefka doesnt learn Ultima I'll eat an owl.
Is Ultima stronger than Hyperdrive? Because as much as I'd love a toon with Ultima, it feels redundant when he already has a beastly non-elemental damage spell. Too bad Ex doesn't get Ultima instead of Meteor but I'm sure Meteor will still be great.
Yup, same spot as the White Dragon. Leave and come back and it will be there.

Should be a swirly vortex thing you examine where you got the sword.

Doh! I saw the swirly vortex but thought that would transport me where I fight the White Dragon again (I know I can from the Vortex menu, thought I could here as well). Thanks, I would probably have seen that and walked out again without checking it ;p What do you get for beating him? Since the icon was the reward for White Dragon.

53 hearts so far

Okey dokey I think ill be able to get the rod this week no problem

hopefully sooner so I can stop running this vortex and work on something else lol

Heng

Question: what to do after grinding for the Hero Ring recipe?

My team is maxed, and I did not get to the third island. So, what is it worth to do?

Story mode and then farm fire/ ice megacrysts?

Any other uber item I should be aiming to hunt??
The third island will be opened once you've talked to a sailor in grandport. I'd suggest getting Ramuh, finishing the story, grind more levels for Espers, or grind TMs.

Hey I opened up some more slots for gaffers 338.275.634
I got a maxed out Bartz at 256 dmg but I'll soon have a Chizuru in that spot

I'd also appreciate if you guys could add my little brother that started a little while ago he has an Exdeath 860,448,618

chrono01

I pulled four more times, hoping for Lenna.

- Exdeath (Dupe)
- Galuf
- Cyan
- Shantotto

Whatever, I give up. That makes 17 pulls and only one banner character (Tellah). Rate-up? Sure.

Heng

- Exdeath (Dupe)
- Galuf
- Cyan
- Shantotto

Whatever, I give up. That makes 17 pulls and only one banner character (Tellah). Rate-up? Sure.
If I could, I would trade you my Lenna dupe for your Exdeath dupe. :(

chrono01

If I could, I would trade you my Lenna dupe for your Exdeath dupe. :(
I'd trade you in a second if I could. :/

I'm tempted to fuse the dupe Exdeath into my main, but I've heard dual Exdeath is supposedly okay for the Colisseum? I guess I'll keep him around, I won't make leveling him a priority though.

Wait, after I finish Fina I won't have anyone else to level anyway, since my pulls have been horrible. I might as well then.

leehom

- Exdeath (Dupe)
- Galuf
- Cyan
- Shantotto

I pulled a total of about 30x between my two accounts and have Tellahs and Lennas. Unfortunately no WoL. I should've quit after I got Lenna tbh and saved the tickets for future pulls. At least you got another Ex-Death which is a very rare pull.

chrono01

I pulled a total of about 30x between my two accounts and have Tellahs and Lennas. Unfortunately no WoL. I should've quit after I got Lenna tbh and saved the tickets for future pulls. At least you got another Ex-Death which is a very rare pull.
Yeah, I'm (relatively) happy with the Exdeath dupe, but out of this many pulls, you'd think I could have pulled the "common" one (Lenna, being a 3* and all). I never expected WoL, I just wanted Lenna. It's kind of frustrating, but I'll move on and (hopefully) get a better healer than Fina eventually.

You get a awesome f2p light armor.
It depends on what the stats are but sounds like Vaan will get new armor :)

- Exdeath (Dupe)
- Galuf
- Cyan
- Shantotto

Sorry Chrono :( Seemed like the most likely of the three to drop based on experiences here and you just got shafted. It will all come around though, just a matter of when but you'll get someone awesome at some point. I choose to believe those that are getting screwed now or that have never gotten a 5* pull are going to land Lightning ;p At least you got an Ex dupe, pretty sure Holy will be money against some boss down the road weak to light magic and I've already seen a number of enemies weak to that element in the game so far.

So random question. I'd like to experience Final Fantasy 6. I've only played FFX and this game. What would be the best way for me to play 6? I have a ps4, pc, mobile, and ds.

chrono01

Sorry Chrono :( Seemed like the most likely of the three to drop based on experiences here and you just got shafted. It will all come around though, just a matter of when but you'll get someone awesome at some point. I choose to believe those that are getting screwed now or that have never gotten a 5* pull are going to land Lightning ;p At least you got an Ex dupe, pretty sure Holy will be money against some boss down the road weak to light magic and I've already seen a number of enemies weak to that element in the game so far.
Thanks man.

I can't really complain, as I got pretty lucky with my first set of pulls (Exdeath, CoD, Chizuru, Kefka), so I guess my luck had to balance out somewhere. Still missing a core/great healer and tank, so hopefully I'll get those soon.

scarlet

Current team

Still have 11 gigantuars. Don't know if I should use it to max Lenna or levelling 2nd Exdeath.

Decided to farm magicite instead of sacred crystal, cuz I don't need Locke and Tellah for now and Golem is already 28

So random question. I'd like to experience Final Fantasy 6. I've only played FFX and this game. What would be the best way for me to play 6? I have a ps4, pc, mobile, and ds.

If you can handle the control system. 6 on mobile is quite great. Don't listen to the purist. It's a great port.

wilstreak

between Demon Chimera and Frost Dragon in Colloseum INT S-5, which one is harder?
because the last time i fought Chimera, only able to half its HP before he kill my Chizuru and I gave up.

scarlet

between Demon Chimera and Frost Dragon in Colloseum INT S-5, which one is harder?
because the last time i fought Chimera, only able to half its HP before he kill my Chizuru and I gave up.

Frost dragon by miles. Screech could give confuse status to 2-3 of your units. And that's what makes it harder. His blizzara isn't that bad.

wilstreak

Frost dragon by miles. Screech could give confuse status to 2-3 of your units. And that's what makes it harder. His blizzara isn't that bad.

is it even possible to defeat it with full physical team + Lenna?

and is Leo's draw attack work the same with confused team mates, like he is still more likely getting attacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom