• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heng

is it even possible to defeat it with full physical team + Lenna?

and is Leo's draw attack work the same with confused team mates, like he is still more likely getting attacked?
I did it with mostly a physical team (Kefka did mostly nothing but take all of Terra's mana from raises but he was targeted with screech many times so he had his purpose). It's definitely doable, although you may want to bring 2 healers since you could get your only healer confused.

scarlet

Worthless mortal!!

The "redesigned" sprites are atrocious!!!

wdQC6db.gif

The sprite is fine, world map not so much.

The control tho...

I might be the largest FF6 fan on GAF too

Come at me

One thing i love about BE is just how amazing of a job they did recreating and animating my favorite characters

Makes the FF6 android port look like puke in comparison but im not about to shove my opinion down CCIE's throat lol

Said screw it and tried Demon Chimera with Rain and Fina since it doesn't cost any energy. Ended up being easy peasy, it paid to hold off on fighting these farplane guys until my characters were maxed ;p Even if I'm using two scrubs. I can't wait to replace them with WoL and Lenna! Ended up putting the armor on WoL, didn't expect him to be able to wear light armor. Guy has a lot of versatility in equipment. Speaking of which, need more iron ore to make another hyper wrist for him. I'll have to look up the best place to get it. Only need 3 more ore I think.

Thanks man.

I can't really complain, as I got pretty lucky with my first set of pulls (Exdeath, CoD, Chizuru, Kefka), so I guess my luck had to balance out somewhere. Still missing a core/great healer and tank, so hopefully I'll get those soon.

If it makes you feel better, I really tried to get Chizuru and couldn't. Still need a beastly physical attacker but WoL (when he's leveled) and Vaan should be fine for physical attacking in the meantime. If I ever get one, it'd be tough deciding who to sit. I guess it'd come down to encounters and if I need a tank or second mage more.

bonkeng

I might be the largest FF6 fan on GAF too

Come at me

One thing i love about BE is just how amazing of a job they did recreating and animating my favorite characters

Makes the FF6 android port look like puke in comparison but im not about to shove my opinion down CCIE's throat lol

Well, you're right that BE's graphics is so much better than ff6 port.

But imo, it's not that bad. Just a different art style. I'd pick the mobile version over the other paltforms, just for the convenience of it being on my phone.

Why can't I accept ''Double trouble'' quest? I met the bard dude in Kolobos Marsh and he said nothing. :((

He's in two different zones. The first time you bump in to him (was the Marsh for me too) he'll say "..." and then you go back to the town to pick up the quest from the bard there. You then have to go to a different specific zone and find the doppelganger there to complete the quest. I'm spacing what the other zone was but just google the quest and it'll show you.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I feel like I'm at a bit of a crossroads with the Frost Dragon. I may just not have the Damage for it.

I'm using Bartz, Art, Fina, Kefka, and Rain. I'm trying to keep effects on since Art has Para, Kefka has blind/silence, Fina has Silence, and Rain has power break. I'll be trying to get something for Bartz to do also.

Magic wise, I could replace either Rain or Art with Shanotto. My next best would be Goblez, who I would need to raise in level. Shanotto is just too low with defense though.

Healing, I only have Fina and Kyrie, but Kyrie suffers from the same issue as Shanotto.

My Edgar isn't a bad choice between giving him Cura and he does bring blind to the table.

My next best for physical would be Kain.

I'm feeling like I probably need to grind out a bit better gear, maybe raise and switch in Goblez for Fira(So both him and Rain and do it, with treating Rain as my secondary healer).

I could level up my Cecil now, but again, when I add in more healing/tank, I seem to start risking running out of MP since I don't particularly have a high damage team. I can last till my Fina runs out of Mana.

My materials inventory is full and I have no idea what should I ditch. :/

I'm up to 90 slots, I'll invest and move it up to hundred I'm sure.

scarlet

Yay, finally got that cover and provoke ability from Golem. My WoL is a "complete" tank now. Still need that killer skills.

Now to farm for Ramuh and Siren.

I'm at 95 slots, and so far I've had no issues crafting most items in the game (Hero Rings and Gravity Rod notwithstanding). A few hundred lapis on slots won't kill you. :)

Yay, finally got all the materials I need for my gravity rod. Just have to wait until this Hero's Ring is done. Not sure if I really want to spend the 100 lapis for another crafting slot yet. Will probably end up sharing my Kefka once it's done.

Elfstruck

He's in two different zones. The first time you bump in to him (was the Marsh for me too) he'll say "..." and then you go back to the town to pick up the quest from the bard there. You then have to go to a different specific zone and find the doppelganger there to complete the quest. I'm spacing what the other zone was but just google the quest and it'll show you.

Got it, thanks!

Also, just cleared my friendlist. I usually rotate between Exdeath/Kefka/CoD. 772 874 930.

CCIE

Banned
I like FF6 on the phone, and I played the original. It's not FFIX which is the best of ports, but it is pretty good IMO. Your mileage may vary. Nice to have on the phone

So, I tried the Frost Dragon for the first time... the screenshot says it all.
Paralysed it first turn, used barrage with 1 Chiz and CoD, light shell with second Chiz (lvl 74), Full Break with Vaan, and Cheer/Fire (lol) with Fina. Dead on 4th attack, never got to attack my party.

Heng

So, I tried the Frost Dragon for the first time... the screenshot says it all.

Paralysed it first turn, used barrage with 1 Chiz and CoD, light shell with second Chiz (lvl 74), Full Break with Vaan, and Cheer/Fire (lol) with Fina. Dead on 4th attack, never got to attack my party.
I hate how easy this was for you. -_-

Congrats though.

Rixa

Friend & Magicite event next Friday. Good I have 95695 FP. It was at 0 FP after last Friend event and I used around 20k to get Awaken trophy done.

Now I got 500 Lapis. It took some time to get this trophy...

Btw. Japan got mission system in April 2016, thats around 7 months after launch. Iam guessing we get it too and my guess is we get it before year ends (December mega month?) :D

If you dont know what mission system is:
- Clear dungeon with certain values to get Lapis (for example: Use Lasswell or use Thunder spell)
- For example Earth Shrine you can get 3x100 Lapis (Entrance 100, Exit 100, explo 100) if you fulfill all the requirements.

After mission system is introduced we are swimming in Lapis (again) :p

Malakhov

Banned
I rerolled for fun tonight and played a bit, here's what I got:

4 stars Warrior of Light
3 Stars Lenna
3 stars Tellah
3 stars Cyan
4 stars Fran
3 stars Sabin
3 stars Clyde
3 stars shantotto
4 stars edgar

What would your party would consist of if you had these characters? I feel as I dont have a lot of physical offensive.

Rixa

I rerolled for fun tonight and played a bit, here's what I got:

4 stars Warrior of Light
3 Stars Lenna
3 stars Tellah
3 stars Cyan
4 stars Fran
3 stars Sabin
3 stars Clyde
3 stars shantotto
4 stars edgar

What would your party would consist of if you had these characters? I feel as I dont have a lot of physical offensive.

- WoL Obvious choice
- Lenna Healer
- Tellah Mage
- Shantotto Just for leech TM%, replace when you get some 5* unit
- Lasswell Phys dam dealer equip with Murasame when you get it

I like FF6 on the phone, and I played the original. It's not FFIX which is the best of ports, but it is pretty good IMO. Your mileage may vary. Nice to have on the phone

I find the low quality and inconsistency of the port off putting.

They took a game that captured my imagination with its world and made it look like a cheap cartoon.

I understand thats its perfectly playable and people enjoy the new features

I just cant get past how terrible it all looks. It deserved way better attention than this from the remake.

When BE team does a better job capturing your characters than the company that created them?

bonkeng

I find the low quality and inconsistency of the port off putting.

They took a game that captured my imagination with its world and made it look like a cheap cartoon.

I understand thats its perfectly playable and people enjoy the new features

I just cant get past how terrible it all looks. It deserved way better attention than this from the remake.

When BE team does a better job capturing your characters than the company that created them?

Well, the graphic quality is subjective.

I'm as big a fan of ff6 as you are (i have the snes, ps1, gba and android version). But I don't find it offensive. It's not better or worse imo. Just a different art style.

Well, the graphic quality is subjective.

I'm as big a fan of ff6 as you are (i have the snes, ps1, gba and android version). But I don't find it offensive. It's not better or worse imo. Just a different art style.

In my opinion its far worse

And not just aesthetically but thematically as well

Also everything is kind of cut paste and doesnt fit well together

You have HD backgrounds, Weird high contrast and bland cartoony sprites, 3D low detail models laying over a 2D plane. I could go on and on.

This is a messy port at best and a middle finger to fans that wanted a remake of this game for a long time.

Somehow FF4 gets remade 3+ times, FF1 ive lost count. FF6? Take this shit and like it

Well I used a GBA emulator to try the game out on PC. Ended up dying to the first "boss", and apparently the game never saved even though I walked over that save point. Lol. Old games confuse the shit out of me for some reason and this combat system seems weird.

bonkeng

In my opinion its far worse

And not just aesthetically but thematically as well

Also everything is kind of cut paste and doesnt fit well together

You have HD backgrounds, Weird high contrast and bland cartoony sprites, 3D low detail models laying over a 2D plane. I could go on and on.

This is a messy port at best and a middle finger to fans that wanted a remake of this game for a long time.

Somehow FF4 gets remade 3+ times, FF1 ive lost count. FF6? Take this shit and like it

I so respect your opinion on ff6. It's just that, graphics is not too important to me.

Btw, what's your take on ff1, ff2 and ff4 2d remake?

I would've preferred that over the ff5 and ff6 one.

I so respect your opinion on ff6. It's just that, graphics is not too important to me.

Btw, what's your take on ff1, ff2 and ff4 2d remake?

I would've preferred that over the ff5 and ff6 one.

FF1 has received many stellar remakes so Im not sure what my favorite is.

FF2 ehhh not so much but I hear the GBA version is the best one

FF4 ... PSP version hands down. Very pretty. Sprites are a little chunky though. Brave Exvious does some damn sprite magic. Wouldn't mind seeing more games made with this level of quality... And Brave Exvius doesnt even animate everything completely!

CCIE

Banned
I prefer the PSP version of FF4, as opposed to the 3D remake. And sometimes change is good - I like the changes in FF6, but I understand your point. More mobile games should be like FFIX. With cheats, FF, and even sharpened text and models. The FFVII port is my idea of a garbage port, and I love that game. It is virtually unplayable.

I found FF6 to be different, but that didn't bother me like it does you. Play it regularly on my phone.

yeah sorry

Just reflects how strongly i feel about the game

I want better than what we were given. As it is the port doesnt capture the magic of what FF6 is

Even the original requires your imagination to fill in a lot of the gaps. It kind of needs an expansive remake in the same vein that FF7 is getting

Not neccesarily 3D (though i wouldnt be opposed to it. The Dissidia 3D models for Terra are amazing) but when you have they crazy Victorian Steampunk fantasy with all the other crazy artistic touches that FF6 alludes to...

There is just so much potential there

bonkeng

If only they'll remake 1 to 6 with Brave Exvius assets.

ff1, 2 and 4 psp versions used the same assets. Which to me are the best versions. Sad that 5 and 6 didn't get the same treatment.

Ff3 never got a 2d remake, only in 3d which is ugly af.

Would be epic if ff6 gets a full remake like ff7r.

Anyway, to anyone who's interested in ff6, mobile version is still worth playing. The graphics may or may not suit you, but the game is still one of the best jrpg of all time, regardless of graphics.

CCIE

Banned
DrRob has a little bit of a stubborn streak ;)

I got my first TM today! Rizer's HP+10% . Now my Vaan has 3500 HP - he's not a bad tank substitute for now

DrRob has a little bit of a stubborn streak ;)

I got my first TM today! Rizer's HP+10% . Now my Vaan has 3500 HP - he's not a bad tank substitute for now

Grats!

Yeah FP trusts arent to bad to get. I have most of the low level ones but I find Rizers the most useful and easy to to get. I have 2-3 rizer trusts and I just fill in materia slots with it cuz why not

Looking forward to finally getting some mid tier FP trusts with the FP boost event

Azuran

Banned
It is an amazing game

I will never recommend the Mobile version though :p

Mobile version is fucking garbage. I wanted to throw up when I saw someone playing that in the subway the other day. Same crappy ass cut and paste graphics as that horrible PSP remake of IV.

Best version of the game is on the GBA or Wii Virtual Console if you like the non-horrible music.

FF2 is best husbando because it has...

33574a0553b1c260ab6d64e7c4830ced-650-80.jpg

Yeah FF6 is incredible and the mobile port, like was said above, is a fucking chinese rip off lookin Russian morning cartoon.

What is your favorite version of IV? I like the PSP remake as well

The FFIV collection with After Years is fucking amazing on PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom