• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
67 hearts!

Whew im almost done... Ill just lets the rest of the souls build up naturally i just want to move on to other things after this lol

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I mean whats the stat modification curve anyways

Is the damage difference really that deep? What about overall utility (chiz does have a robust skillset) and other angles? Like chain potential and limit building

Maybe the previous rankings were skewed because the game started out as a barrage simulator

She gets an extra 20% ATK, Paralysis skill, and Ignore defense over Bartz. Positive side is he can equip about anything and including some magic, so you can expand on him. But Chizzy is just naturally a powerhouse.
Biggest issue is most of the status effects are behind Silver Chests or trusts. Making it difficult for me to equip him with something similar.

Lyrian

I mean whats the stat modification curve anyways

Is the damage difference really that deep? What about overall utility (chiz does have a robust skillset) and other angles? Like chain potential and limit building

Maybe the previous rankings were skewed because the game started out as a barrage simulator

Statwise, 6* Chizuru gains about 30% to everything over her 5* form. In addition, as shintoki writes, she gains a lot of very useful skills in her 6* form.

@Chilly: But, her early 6* form has already left her behind in terms of power creep on JP. She's still good, but maybe merely above average now because she does not have any of the innate skills/abilities that most strong 6* cards are getting there (ex: innate dual wield and so on).

bonkeng

Chizuru has no equal right now on global. She absolutely destroys the competition.

But when 6* comes, some units gain more power than her. Like Bartz for example. Bartz has insane gains that their about equal on their 6* forms.

Altema has Chizuru above Bartz, while Famitsu has Bartz above Chizuru.

rugioh

Banned
Where should I level my 5* Level 60~ units when I run out of cactuars? ADV experience dungeon is getting pretty slow and not worth it I think.

Where should I level my 5* Level 60~ units when I run out of cactuars? ADV experience dungeon is getting pretty slow and not worth it I think.

All the 3rd island explorations give more XP i believe (in the 40k range) but it would be tough and time consuming to get max XP even leaning hard on a FP unit to carry you

Honestly 30k instantly for 15 nrg and a couple minutes of time is the best as far as ease of use and itme investment...

Its a drag and at 5* you are going to get one level per run...

Thems the breaks but if you have plenty of other multitasking you want to do you can always just let them level naturally but hunting other content.

As far as raw speed power leveling it doesnt get more efficient than ADV vortex from what I can tell

Sorry man :/

Chizuru has no equal right now on global. She absolutely destroys the competition.

But when 6* comes, some units gain more power than her. Like Bartz for example. Bartz has insane gains that their about equal on their 6* forms.

Altema has Chizuru above Bartz, while Famitsu has Bartz above Chizuru.

YAAAAASSS BARTZ

Can't decide if I want to try and level espers to 40 or start working on TM :(

rugioh

Banned
All the 3rd island explorations give more XP i believe (in the 40k range) but it would be tough and time consuming to get max XP even leaning hard on a FP unit to carry you

Honestly 30k instantly for 15 nrg and a couple minutes of time is the best as far as ease of use and itme investment...

Its a drag and at 5* you are going to get one level per run...

Thems the breaks but if you have plenty of other multitasking you want to do you can always just let them level naturally but hunting other content.

As far as raw speed power leveling it doesnt get more efficient than ADV vortex from what I can tell

Sorry man :/

Dang. Ah well at least now I know. Maybe I'll just work on other stuff until the cactuars come back lol.

Yogg

Since I'm crafting only one Gravity Rod this event, can I get rid of the second massive stone ? Or will it get another use further down the line ?

1. What the heck is this Friend Point event coming this weekend? I'm not sure what it's talking about. I thought FP was just the gifts we send each other?

2. What did you guys think of the Crystal Void last time? Is it worth it? Or a waste of energy compared to whatever the other best option for crysts are? (Phantom Forest?)

Run ADV EXP Dungeon with just the character you want to level and a friend to help.

Repeat 28 times.

Time to pull a you: woijaokjfjsad;lkjflka;jf;lkasjflk;ajflsj;

I had no idea you could reduce the amount of units you have in so they can hog all the xp. I've been wasting it on maxed units all this time! How do you take some out without swapping them for another??? This could be a god send for leveling WoL and Lenna!

Valonquar

1. What the heck is this Friend Point event coming this weekend? I'm not sure what it's talking about. I thought FP was just the gifts we send each other?

Basically you will get 50 FP points + a chance at a random cactuar/gil turtle every time you use a friend or are used by a friend. Usually you just get 10 FP per use/friend use.

Pejo

2. What did you guys think of the Crystal Void last time? Is it worth it? Or a waste of energy compared to whatever the other best option for crysts are? (Phantom Forest?)

Time to pull a you: woijaokjfjsad;lkjflka;jf;lkasjflk;ajflsj;

I had no idea you could reduce the amount of units you have in so they can hog all the xp. I've been wasting it on maxed units all this time! How do you take some out without swapping them for another??? This could be a god send for leveling WoL and Lenna!

in the Unit menu, click a unit (non leader - can't remove leader) and pick the first option to remove. If you want to level only WoL, make him leader then remove all the rest.

Basically you will get 50 FP points + a chance at a random cactuar/gil turtle every time you use a friend or are used by a friend. Usually you just get 10 FP per use/friend use.
Oh, snap. I thought you only got it via gifts. Too bad my WoL isn't ready yet, everyone would use him ;p
in the Unit menu, click a unit (non leader - can't remove leader) and pick the first option to remove. If you want to level only WoL, make him leader then remove all the rest.

Ah, thank you! I saw remove before but wasn't quite sure what it was for so didn't want to mess with it. So much energy wasted... So glad Chilly mentioned this so I won't waste anymore! Bless you two.

Coppanuva

Hmm... so right now I have 7750 lapis. I'm hoping that summer celebration chests come over. Think I should grab the 11 summon tickets now and then grab those?

Kettch

Hmm... so right now I have 7750 lapis. I'm hoping that summer celebration chests come over. Think I should grab the 11 summon tickets now and then grab those?

If you plan on mass pulling for Zidanes, then I'd say go for it. Might as well get the extra ticket. If not, I'd say wait for better deals, 10+1 at worst should come back at some point.

Rixa

Oh, snap. I thought you only got it via gifts. Too bad my WoL isn't ready yet, everyone would use him ;p

You get 50 FP when you use friend or friend uses your unit. Also you get 50 friendpoints when sending & receiving gift.

As for Cactuars & Gil turtles. Use your FP in FP Summon and you usually get a lot those (mostly mini ones).

If you plan on mass pulling for Zidanes, then I'd say go for it. Might as well get the extra ticket. If not, I'd say wait for better deals, 10+1 at worst should come back at some point.

IF youre thinking to summon for Zidane. Check comments here and in Reddit what is the rate for Zidane. Cause honestly all the other units in that banner suck, even that base 4* unit is garbage.

Pbae

Alright, so I culled all the inactives and have a bunch of spots available if you want to add me.

191 487 705

My leader right now is WoL max but I also alternate with max Chiz, Kefka, Fina (will replace with Lenna when maxed). Just PM me if you want a specific leader to help.

Lyrian

There are reasonable arguments in both directions to answer your question. Ultimately the choice is up to you:

** Short answer: If you are willing to spend money on the game, then yes. If not, read below and reach a decision.

The argument FOR buying the 11 ticket package now:

-- The player gets a free premium pull. Also, the player gets to control when and where each ticket is used. In the future, the 11 ticket package requires the player to consume all 11 tickets immediately on the same banner (does a player really need to pull 11 times at once?); a very significant loss of control over substantial resources.

The argument AGAINST buying the 11 ticket package now:

-- Better deals may occur in the future (ex: the rumored summer bundle this coming weekend).

-- Lapis is the lifeblood of a player in this game. It is a liquid resource. This means that lapis can be exchanged now and in the future for any opportunities that arise. Tickets are an illiquid resource. Once lapis is spent on tickets, tickets cannot be reversed back to lapis if better deals arrive in the future. As daily free lapis is expected to be minimal to minor at best in the short to medium term (at least until missions are released, if at all in GL), F2P players may not be able to retain enough lapis for future deals if their reserves are depleted now on the 11 ticket bundle. (NOTE: this argument is for F2P players; does not apply if players are willing to invest money in the game).

Valonquar

Finnaly stole the last farplane soul I needed to finish off Gravity Rod:
8dvzpYo.gif

creid

I was excited to max out my Chizuru, only to find that Barrage does 0 damage to Europa. What gives? Is Barrage elemental damage?

robotuw

Finally got enough trophies, time to go after my first hero ring. What's the consensus on ice megacryst farming? Is the marsh better than wolfsfang?

I was excited to max out my Chizuru, only to find that Barrage does 0 damage to Europa. What gives? Is Barrage elemental damage?

I bet you have the kazekiri equipped. I made the same mistake. He's immune to wind damage. Try using the almost-as-good kiku-ichimonji.

Lyrian

Finally got enough trophies, time to go after my first hero ring. What's the consensus on ice megacryst farming? Is the marsh better than wolfsfang?

Toss-up, in terms of ice megas.

Marsh only costs one more energy, but yields violet magicite (which is arguably more useful for Shiva than blue for Siren). Also, the player doesn't have to deal with those gravestones in Wolfsgang. On the other hand, 3rd island collection points are wonky and tend to offer less drops than 2nd island collection points. So, for many people, runs are very RNG and YMMV.

Toss-up, in terms of ice megas.

Marsh only costs one more energy, but yields violet magicite (which is arguably more useful for Shiva than blue for Siren). Also, the player doesn't have to deal with those gravestones in Wolfsgang. On the other hand, 3rd island collection points are wonky and tend to offer less drops than 2nd island collection points. So, for many people, runs are very RNG and YMMV.

I've farmed wolf only and have had my luck :)

Hmm I tried at lunch only using WoL and Lenna (plus a friend) and it didn't noticeably give me more xp I don't think. Even with two people, it should really be noticeable versus when I had 5, right? Do it split the xp evenly so they are each getting 15k? Maybe I should knock it down to just WoL.

You get 50 FP when you use friend or friend uses your unit. Also you get 50 friendpoints when sending & receiving gift.

As for Cactuars & Gil turtles. Use your FP in FP Summon and you usually get a lot those (mostly mini ones).

I see, thanks for the explanation. I know you can get the Cactuars and Gil Turtles when they show up in the FP Summon banner, remember seeing those the last time the Cactuar Dune evnet was around. Thought they might have done it again this last time that just ended but they didn't. I can't even hold any more units right now, counting the daily gift, I have 39 Gigantuars lol Trying to get WoL's ass to max 4* so I can awaken him and go all ham on the gigantuars for an insta-80. Although I need a bunch of Sacred Crystals first :|

Lyrian

Finnaly stole the last farplane soul I needed to finish off Gravity Rod:
8dvzpYo.gif

Exactly!

Just acquired my last farplane soul and the rod is in the oven. Thank the moogles that the grind for the Gravity Rod is over. So ready to go back to magicite farming.

Lyrian

Since I'm crafting only one Gravity Rod this event, can I get rid of the second massive stone ? Or will it get another use further down the line ?

No one knows? But I **think** I've read answers to similar questions resulting in that to date, no events have been repeated in JP so far. No way to tell if GL will follow the same path or not.

Pejo

Just did the math, and to get my newly pulled team to 5*, I need 64 Sacred Crystals. -_-

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Awakening Vortex INT.

Has there been a better use of Stamina per crystal than that yet?

Also, any known monsters in Colosseum that have Sacreds in their stealing pool? I haven't had to farm these since a little after launch.

And I hit a wall. That wall's name is Europa. Just can't do enough damage and a lot of it seems maybe RNG-dependent.

Tried with 5* Cecil (Cura, Barthundara), 5* Terra (Cura, Firaga), 4* Golbez (Firaga), 5* Kefka (-ga), and 4* WoL (just Mental Break, really). +Lightning resist all around, including Leather Shields.

I probably need WoL's Full Break and some serious levels.

And I hit a wall. That wall's name is Europa. Just can't do enough damage and a lot of it seems maybe RNG-dependent.

Tried with 5* Cecil (Cura, Barthundara), 5* Terra (Cura, Firaga), 4* Golbez (Firaga), 5* Kefka (-ga), and 4* WoL (just Mental Break, really). +Lightning resist all around, including Leather Shields.

My team was very similar to this when I took her on. Your Kefka and globez should be doing enough damage, adding Terra into the mix it's almost like it doesn't matter you don't have a dedicated physical attacker. You need to get WoL to max if that's the case, he will make the fight pathetic.

Dreavus

Just did the math, and to get my newly pulled team to 5*, I need 64 Sacred Crystals. -_-

I'm going to be spending a lot of time in Awakening Vortex INT.

Has there been a better use of Stamina per crystal than that yet?

Also, any known monsters in Colosseum that have Sacreds in their stealing pool? I haven't had to farm these since a little after launch.

No idea about Colosseum but yeah, Awakening Vortex INT is still the best place.

I need to get back in there after these last 10 hearts. If anything this event is a good barometer for what's skippable in the future. This one wasn't worth it.

I spammed the shit out of silence. Had it on 3 chars. Blind worked some too.

sammich

I passed all the checks(europa/frost dragon) with 2 healers(Fina/krile), my 2 Chizuru and Rain or Laswell. I was lucky enough for the 2 Chizuru to make up the damage from 2 healers but I essentially found it essential for me especially for frost dragon. I didn't use any resist gear or spells. Europa was a harder fight for me than frost. But double krile heal was a major major reson it was manageable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom