• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT| Classic sprite-based JRPG goodness [UP] Global launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlet

I would say this is half true. Right now, it's 9 higher than the highest. In the coming time, it will be obsolete. Sort of like T2 armor going to T3 for a lot of class, with the expansion looming. It is still the "best", but the best is simply always changing. It is a good way to get people into the rat race mentality though.

The event itself is very poor, the itemization is poor on top of it, and the amount of time needed does not correlate with the reward in comparison to upcoming content. Which is the differing point. In WoW and most MMOs, the player base typically doesn't know a year's worth of content in advance. Hence why they are already gauging future content and what to invest into now. This is pretty rare case in comparison to most MMO titles.

Anyways... 55 hearts down. 25 more. Q_Q

With long term play, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be playing or not. This is my first mobile title outside of Wordcrack/Trivia Crack. But I'm clearly feeling the, a string of bad luck with pulls will stop you from advancing. While you can still play through the story, the game is definitely not built around it.

Same, I left hearthstone and playing this now.
My RNG luck is better here than hearthstone. But not sure if I can see myself playing this for the next 6 months. I was so close quitting exvius last week :p

I don't mind throwing few bucks, I spent around 40 in hearthstone, and pretty much that's my limit for this kinda game.

Falk

that puzzling face
I would say this is half true. Right now, it's 9 higher than the highest. In the coming time, it will be obsolete. Sort of like T2 armor going to T3 for a lot of class, with the expansion looming. It is still the "best", but the best is simply always changing. It is a good way to get people into the rat race mentality though.

Yeah, I mean, that was kind of implied that mudflation/obsoletion would be part of the picture, albeit not the problem itself. Going back to the T3 example, it'd be like if T3 was buyable from shops for every classes except Warlocks which needed to grind rep for it. And there were no other alternatives to T3 Warlock of that power level. And then all of it becomes obsolete.

(And here we are grinding for it. At 67 hearts myself lol)

Xion86

Mobius hasn't really grabbed me, not too keen on a few aspects of it and think I'm going to fully stick to EXVIUS. Perfect for dipping into during the day on my iPad or phone too.

Anyway....GRAVITY ROD IS NOW BEING CRAFTED!! :D

StarVigil

I'm kinda done with this game for now. These events seem fairly pointless to me as I don't have the time for endless grind right now. Plus, the pulls are hilariously depressing.

I'm kinda done with this game for now. These events seem fairly pointless to me as I don't have the time for endless grind right now. Plus, the pulls are hilariously depressing.

Fair critique

Not a fan of the events right now but im plugging away anyways cuz i dont really have anything else on my phone to compete with BE

It probably would be Mobius but its a battery killer

Rixa

I dont have the source for this information but one JP player says this:

Interesting results arriving, whenever you pull a rainbow, it is always 80% chance that it is a 5 star base.
No matter if it is banner or no banner
Banner causes 62.5% of all rainbow crystals to be banner units.
Since 80% chance to be 5 star base: 62.5*0.8 = 50% chance to get 5 star base banner unit

It either is true or not, still rates for 5* are abysmal :p.

Xion86

Ah my bad Neekaw. I think I prefer EXVIUS because of the sprites and being 2D, just easier for its pick up and play appeal without killing battery too much. Also I love the menu layout and generally a lot of the screens!

Cannot wait to level my new team up and get back to the story / higher Colosseum fights.

CCIE

Banned
Did they neef megacrysts in the Dessert? Over the last three days have done three runs with no megacryst of any kind... Never before seen that

One final heart and I am free from Demons Unleashed forever!

Suppose ill do the 15 NRG and guarantee my freedom

But now what.. I suppose I raise my Lenna, Cecil, Artemios and move on with the story

Heng

Did they neef megacrysts in the Dessert? Over the last three days have done three runs with no megacryst of any kind... Never before seen that
It honestly feels like they did. I have a ton of ice now but I lack fire (pretty ironic, I know). After a few days of farming TM, I may spend a day or two just grinding the Golzas canyon for fire megas/unit XP/rank XP/Yellow magicites.

It honestly feels like they did. I have a ton of ice now but I lack fire (pretty ironic, I know). After a few days of farming TM, I may spend a day or two just grinding the Golzas canyon for fire megas/unit XP/rank XP/Yellow magicites.

Oddly enough it seems like the nerfed the desert drops and increased Wolfspeak drop rate. Incidentally farming Megacite in the PF Trust Reward Ice megacryst seem to pop up often.

I got 10 fires in pretty low amount of time yesterday actually. Several runs with 2-3 dropping. This morning I am not getting shit though. RNG I think.

Coppanuva

Was having trouble with S-2 Int's boss, so I tried out WoL and fullbreak... jeez that feels op.I had basically all the same debuffs on him through other units, but that made is so much easier.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Yeah, I mean, that was kind of implied that mudflation/obsoletion would be part of the picture, albeit not the problem itself. Going back to the T3 example, it'd be like if T3 was buyable from shops for every classes except Warlocks which needed to grind rep for it. And there were no other alternatives to T3 Warlock of that power level. And then all of it becomes obsolete.

(And here we are grinding for it. At 67 hearts myself lol)

That makes more sense. Gotcha.

Still need to research how MAG and SPR scale in the game.

Happy the Summer Bundle was confirmed. Save 200 Lapis per ticket and I'll probably use a single key for Barblizzara

Was having trouble with S-2 Int's boss, so I tried out WoL and fullbreak... jeez that feels op.I had basically all the same debuffs on him through other units, but that made is so much easier.

Certain classes definite break the game. Right now, it's Vaan and WoL with Full Break. With Leena providing both Curaga and Cheer. If you have both of those, you're golden.

Valentus

So fuck the Rod. I entered in a Lapi rage and now i have this

rsz_1screenshot_2016-atssl.jpg

So i changed my leader again to kefka. Enjoy!

Coppanuva

Certain classes definite break the game. Right now, it's Vaan and WoL with Full Break. With Leena providing both Curaga and Cheer. If you have both of those, you're golden.

You're telling me... also I just pulled cause I kinda wanted Leena and got her. My team is shaping up wayy too nicely.

_woLf

So should I buy the 11 summon ticket bundle before it goes away? I remember there was talk of another bundle replacing it but I don't remember what it was.

So should I buy the 11 summon ticket bundle before it goes away? I remember there was talk of another bundle replacing it but I don't remember what it was.

If you can spare the lapis yes

just make sure you have 3000 on retainer to take full advantage of the summer sale

Yogg

I've been focusing on TM runs since the end of the cactuar weekend, this is mind-numbingly annoying. At least I'm pushing 3 Lockes at the same time aiming for a fuse, so that makes things move faster, but the Zidane and Bartz next to them are moving so sloooow.

Once Locke is done I'll replace them with Cecil and 2x Hayate/Golbez/Luna (I have yet to decide between the three), and that's going to be painful. Not sure I'll go all the way with the second wave. I don't want to get disgusted with the game.

I don't know how you can do it Rixa. Much respect.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
If you can spare the lapis yes

just make sure you have 3000 on retainer to take full advantage of the summer sale

If you're F2P. I'll say no. It's nothing more than a buy 10, get one free. You're only getting a 45 Lapis discount on each ticket.

It will be much better to save down the line. Outside of the 30 Lapis, if they bring 250 dailies over, or even if they replace it/bring it back up again after the summer specials.

The potential loss isn't worth the minimal gain.

Yogg

Btw, regarding TM farming, is there a difference between Shrine entrance and Shrine exit ? Does the fact that exit has 3 rounds and a boss improve the chances of TM levelup ? Or does entrance give exactly the same odds ?

Maledict

Btw, regarding TM farming, is there a difference between Shrine entrance and Shrine exit ? Does the fact that exit has 3 rounds and a boss improve the chances of TM levelup ? Or does entrance give exactly the same odds ?

Its a 10% chance to get a 0.1% % increase per mission run. Difficulty or length of mission has no effect upon the odds of getting the increase as far as we know.

I got my 80 demon hearts. I'm doing okay on the void vessels. Got 40 of them so not many to go...I won't use the event itself for getting the materials as I'll end up clogging an inventory slot with demon hearts I can't use on anything and don't want to sell.

Finally, got WoL and Leena's 4* lvl maxed. Now to switch over to Int Awaken Vortex and farm a million Sacred Crystals ;_; . At least I'm switching from 15 NRG vortex to 10. Also, WoL at 4* max is a lot stronger than Rain already so I'm able to give him the boot :D Not swapping Fina for Leena just yet because of Cheer. Hopefully I'll be lucky with the Sacred Crystal drops!

Thanks again to the couple guys on here that suggested taking people out of the party to level. That was invaluable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom